Echoes Etched In Stone

The local tavern of Astral city works with citizens to find work within the community. Citizens are offered one free drink per day and the rest can be paid with missions to the forest. Use the tavern to find friends and take on fun missions
Savaj Vanguard
Drifter

Re: Echoes Etched In Stone

Post by Savaj Vanguard »

*Hick*

“More or less, yeh?”

*Hick*

-She said covering mouth before embarassing herself further. The hiccups always hit her the hardest after the seventh cup, and often reddened her maple cheeks.-

“And sorry, I was just leavin’. Gots a secret mission to prep for, or someone I’m suppose to kill? Shit iono’ yet.”

-She said scotting back from the bar and merrily tapping Grave on the shoulder. From what she telepathically skimmed on it, the man was great warrior but finer comrade. The wors trustworthy crossed her mind, yet she never spoke with man long enough to find out herself. But the man did buy her drinks, his character spoke for itself.-

“Next one’s on me..”

-She punctuated with a wink before sharing a small gaze with The Astral’s King. He was taller than she thought he’d be but she wouldn’t have taken the monarch for a lush, but who was she to judge? Her own vices were FAR from admissible, yet she couldn’t help but wonder what potion of poison was strong enough to inebriate a man that had been seen waging war with harbingers of the apocalypse. Was it even good? She shrugged her shoulders and waved as started her way out.-

Grave Yamino
Drifter

Post by Grave Yamino »

He quickly got himself together, feeling the tap at the back of his shoulder, turning back toward Savaj a smile on his face. He felt bad about it, and hoped that his distraction from Zeik's sudden arrival wasn't what sent her off. Savaj was very interesting person and though their time was short, Grave hoped they would meet again.

He would wave to her as she headed out, turning back toward Zeik only after she had full left. A light sight left his lips, he knew what came next was going to be hard, but and even after all this time it still wasn't easier to accept...

"Mayumi...died."

He said softly, his hands clasping his drink as he leaned forward on to the countertop. He could still see it vividly, when he found her body sliced into pieces. Death though always hard, was nothing new in their world. Countless warriors had died to get the Chaos to where it is now, excluding Grave's best friend Arashi and mentor Akarui. And though it also took time for Grave to come to terms with their deaths at the very least their was a comfort in knowing they died doing what they wanted, protecting the Chaos...but Mayumi...

His grip on the mug tightened as he began to shake in frustration, the mug beginning to crack under the pressure. The audible cracking of his mug grabbing the attention again of a few patrons and staff oh the Lonely Stone. He didn't want to show Zeik this side of him, not after all this time but for all his strength grave couldn't hold his tears back. They streamed down his face as he gasped and whimpered quietly. The few onlooker that might of overheard either turned away, showing respect or cried at Grave's show of emotion. This had only been the second time he had spoke it aloud since it had happened and to simply say it was a major relief.

He slowly began to calm down, loosing his grasp, streams of milk spilling out from the cracks in his mug, getting all over his hands. Quickly Grave tapped the mug, a surge of alchemic influence flowing through it filling in the cracks and completely repairing the damage he had caused.

"I'm sorry Zeik..."

He then reached for some napkins cleaning both his hands and his face, he chuckled to himself....what he must look like right now.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

His index finger rested on his temple, it wasn’t his first time meeting a psion and he aimed to keep it that way.

His eyes made intention contact with savaj as she made her way past him. Zeik was sure to give the lady all the space she need to exit the tavern and further certain she received the respect a douvajik deserved.

He knodded his head, to show respect and waited for the miss to have made her exit to address Grave.

‘Mayuimi..’

Mayumi... had been like a mother to the Astral, she gave when she had none and fought where the weak needed help the most.

‘No...Grave...i’m Sorry.’

Sorrow gripped his throat, pulling his words into his heart. He couldn’t fathom words strong enough to heal the pain of love lost.

‘When...why?’

He stammered.
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Grave Yamino
Drifter

Post by Grave Yamino »

"I can't say for sure, sometime after you used my Alchemy to rebuild the Kingdom.."

He said as he put the now soaked napkin aside. A worker at the tavern quickly coming over to take the loose trash, Grave gave the young women his thanks as she whisked away their undesirables from the table.

"S-She was murdered by her deranged cousin...I-I found her in a freezer Zeik.."

He couldn't bear to say more, the images of that day flashing into his mind as he saw the sight of the women he loved stored like processed meat. Her fanatical cousin had wanted to replace her, take over Mayumi's life and the rage Grave felt when he tried to play the part of Mayumi still caused his blood to boil, his bone vibrating thinking back on the blood curtailing scream he released in his sorrow.

But now Grave looked to his King and was humble as he bowed his head to him, speaking at the floor, not daring to left his head...

"...I'm sorry Zeik, I had no idea what had happened here since I've been away. I-I'm sorry I wasn't here, that I couldn't help..."

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

‘Her cousin?! Has she been apprehended? I can spare resources to tracking her killer down, after the result of a mission im preparing for.’

-He couldn’t pay any mind to bar patrons and their ever rising volumes of chatter, their drunken laughter and excitement faded to the back ground. Out the corner of his eye he noticed the waiters arbitrary cleaning bottles while eavesdropping.-

‘There’s going to be a Breech IN Vescrutian defenses. We’ve managed to avoid conflict for a while;but,we’re talking Ravengers, Heralds...maybe worse?’

-He glanced over his shoulder and quickly surveyed the area around him before returning to Grave.-
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Grave Yamino
Drifter

Post by Grave Yamino »

"You don't have to worry about it, I've already dealt with...him.."

He spoke, raising from his prostrating position. It was kind for Zeik to offer him aid but to think Grave would have returned before dealing with such a person was a foolish thought, he doubted he could even rest whilst known such a person was left unpunished.

The confusion in his face, however, was more so toward his King's sudden shift in both tone and mannerisms. While they were only just been speaking freely, it was now as if Zeik was cautious of all around him as he whispered his words to him. Grave, inching in close, his stool screeching across the floor with each hop as he scooted his seat closer to Zeik if only to hear him more clearly.

"Worse? Do we have any idea where this 'breach' is coming from? Who this possible enemy is?"

Without realizing Grave was now whispering his words and looking over his shoulder without really noticing he was doing it.

Vescrutia has been no stranger to struggles and hardships even when Grave was younger, consistent interstellar and interdimensional threats seemed to test their wills time after time and Zeik...Zeik had been in the fight longer than anyone and if he was using the term "Worse", Grave wasn't taking it lightly.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

I’m not sue how, nor am I exactly sure when. The enemy...is as old as time itself I fear. Vescrutia has been fighting to maintain her independence since the early stages of her planetary awakening. At ever pivotal stage in this planets growth, you’ll find their signiture.

They call themselves, The Horsemen. I fought one of them, during the battle for Arcturus. They destroyed Kemet, leaving it scarred and unable to bare Fruit.’

-He checked over his shoulder, making sure the patrons carried on with their stress free lives. The last thing Zeik needed was to stir the masses.-

‘All I know is the location of the two villages the Ravengers will strike first, from there we can find the Breech.’

Grave Yamino
Drifter

Post by Grave Yamino »

"Hmm.."

Grave took a moment to take in Zeik's words, their meaning not lost on him. For one of these "Horsemen" to arrive and be able to fight on par with Zeik and do that much damage to the land. It was unnerving, for them to have one in their ranks that powerful..but what if they all boasted such abilities?

Grave sighed in frustration, as again they faced an enemy that seemingly knew more about them then they did about them.

"Then what's the plan? Head for these villages and just stand guard till they arrive?"

The most simple plan was to simply wait for them to arrive and deal with them then, a path not without some merit but Grave hoped the King had better than that. Surely he had a different idea, something wiser than fighting this seemingly individable war blind.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

-He was hesitant to answer. He knew Grave valued his insight and respected his wisdom, most people had come to rely on him for that very purpose. Yet, sadly...he would have to disappoint his friend.-

‘We aren’t entirely unprepared, not this early in the fight;but, as far as a plan...I’m lacking vital information.

I’ve prepared for this eventuality. We will provide support during the assault and communication via the archer system. I developed it while you were gone, unfortunately you can’t see it from this tavern;but,you may have noticed a tower as you made your way through the city.

That tower supplies the city with energy, via solar Panels among other uses.

If we don’t do something, those villages we fall and with them, the Ravengers will have time to breed more hordes..’

Grave Yamino
Drifter

Post by Grave Yamino »

"I have.."

The build Zeik spoke of had always been in view as Grave explored the city during his initial arrival thou he was surprised to learn of its true purpose. It's scale easily being able to achieve its task and Grave got a bit of amusement in thinking how the Kingdom had "gone green", but the thought was brief and Grave straightened himself in his seat.

This wasn't good, he could tell that by his tone. Zeik had always been very confident and rational, a trait that made him such a good leader. It was the reason why through all that came before Grave had little to worry about and took pride in jobs he did no matter how large or small because he knew that it had a purpose in Zeik's grand design. And while he still saw the fire in his eyes, the will to press on Grave could see the few chinks in his armor, the hesitation, the uncertainty.

"Then we do what we can for now..."

Zeik was right, something had to be done to protect those people and their homes regardless of their lack of intel. This attack would be tough but if Zeik has an established communications network we'll be able to rely upon whatever hell comes forward with these Ravengers and be better prepared for the next time and until it was time to take the fight to them..

"You just tell me where you need me, my King...I trust you."

Determined, a spark in his eye Grave nodded at Zeik and let him know that he could call upon him again and this time, he wasn't going anywhere.

Return to “The Lonely Stone”