Great Minds Think Alike [cont.]

Ruins of a lost past veiled by ignorance and deceit.
Savaj Vanguard
Drifter

Great Minds Think Alike [cont.]

Post by Savaj Vanguard »

[Nagase, respond here.]

Nagase
Drifter

Re: Great Minds Think Alike [cont.]

Post by Nagase »

Savaj Vanguard wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:53 pm
"..they will be dealt with."
"Dealt…well, perhaps together b-…"

Her words were cut short alongside her confidence. For the second time within this conversation a tug with unquestionably and undeniable force had moved her from where she stood. Once a mental summenance and now a physical one.

Her eyes gave way to her thoughts, the excitement, the surprise and lastly fear. She observed the unrecognizable fauna, tropical trees whose climate needs should warrant them to be near the equator, A place of constant exploration for Vescrutian's. Yet the land looked untouched by human settlement or even elven hands.

"War with the Harbi....-" .

She wanted to touch on Savaj's commitment to violence with her father, but was too enamored by the fauna and foliage that populated the island. Each creature she saw stood as either believed to be extinct or simply never before seen. Tugging her mind with a greater force than the one Savaj used to pull her to the foreign land.

“How…are you hiding this.”

She asked with a soft and nervous tone one that starkly contrasted her previous confidence. For an island to exist near the equator and go undiscovered for millions of years would be the work of luck and pure witch craft. Dirigibles flying over, sailors moving past, and so on should have found it by now if not intention than certainly by accident.

"...An honored guest, if I'd known of such an occasion I'd have looked the part. I’m assuming you’re the one hiding this land. And…if that's correct, how are you hiding this land from time and space. I should have seen this place when I was scouring the timelines.

She said nervously dusting her clothes of lent and the smell of fish from the market.

Savaj Vanguard
Drifter

Post by Savaj Vanguard »

"..."

Savaj smiled in response as hundreds of massive obelisks of the temple ruins gently floated passed her on their way to the decimated temple, where they would find their place in its restoration. Like a jigsaw puzzle, each crumble of rock and stone belonged to a particular spot prior to the Michio invasion. Savaj wanted to be as meticulous as she could during its revitalization.

"The powers responsible are beyond my knowledge at the moment.. I'm still learning everything I need to know about my past, and there are least a billion things I need to master-- or remember, before I am ready to face the Harbingers."

She said as one of her eyes flared open which seemed tp hasten the reconstruction of the building behind her by a hundred fold.

"How does your father intend to fight them? What has he told you of the Fall?"

Nagase
Drifter

Post by Nagase »

Savaj Vanguard wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:17 pm
"The powers responsible are beyond my knowledge at the moment.. I'm still learning everything I need to know about my past, and there are least a billion things I need to master-- or remember, before I am ready to face the Harbingers."
"I'm sure there is much about you and your history I don't comprehend, but if you make an enemy of Vescrutia's Sword, you would irreparably be aligned with failure."

Her eyes wandered around the for hidden land, following Savaj closely. It felt weird to defend her father to such a degree, in fact....she rarely ever spoke kindly of him. Shed always seen him as a force to be challenged or corrected.
Savaj Vanguard wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:17 pm

"How does your father intend to fight them? What has he told you of the Fall?"

"He's very tight lipped as of late, often only sharing his thoughts with those who listen the least, but...what I have heard is he's afraid. An emotion I thought he only had in his earliest years. Leaving me to believe he's seen aspects of the enemy strength that raw fire power can't overcome. He said he sees this enemy in his dreams, visions and have fought with one of the beast on several occasions.

Yet, much of the planet isn't taking his fears seriously...an action he believes is steeped in the creatures influence. They appear immortal, unlimited and have power that's just short of divine influence. He calls them,Horsemen and believes them to be instruments of Armageddon;but, we know nothing of their language, culture, home, intentions and so on.

What's puzzling him most is their patience. He and my mother's found a strange crystal somewhere in the Forest, there he swears he saw Vescrutia's final conflict with the creature, his description of the event would spook even yourself. However, that's what confuses me. He fears their power and war strength, but instead of rally the planet most talented warriors, be built a base to nurture orphans.

His eneme can appear anywhere, never sleep, never tire, and never bleed. Knowing this he turns to lost children as a means of rebellion?!

It angers me to say the least...because I'm sure he intends to die in that battle. When questioned about his choice of allies, he says the same thing 'If even one of them taps into their true identity, the war will be won.'

I don't get it. I could destroy ever student in that academy before the sunrise and the Horsemen could mount an offense at his door step without warning..yet, he entrust the future of Vescrutia's in the hands of aspiring lesser magicians."

Savaj Vanguard
Drifter

Post by Savaj Vanguard »

"I'm sure there is much about you and your history I don't comprehend, but if you make an enemy of Vescrutia's Sword, you would irreparably be aligned with failure."

"Well.. I can see why weren't close."

Savvy said as the temple was reformed behind her in full form.
"He's very tight lipped as of late, often only sharing his thoughts with those who listen the least, but...what I have heard is he's afraid. An emotion I thought he only had in his earliest years. Leaving me to believe he's seen aspects of the enemy strength that raw fire power can't overcome..

It angers me to say the least...because I'm sure he intends to die in that battle. When questioned about his choice of allies, he says the same thing 'If even one of them taps into their true identity, the war will be won."
"..riddles?"

She asked herself beneath her breath before looking to Nagase as she spoke. Surely Zeik wasn't so foolish as to not share pertinent knowledge with Nagase, espcially if it pertained to the Horsemen. This lead her to believe the man didn't know much at all. This wasn't alarming, but she'd be lying if she said she didn't think Zeik had some sort of plan. A method of approach.. something.

"Guess he's depending on the new generation to figure it out, but our history is usually they key to the future. Tell me, what do you know of the Great Thirteen, and their clash with the Heralds before our time?"

She said, closing her eyes once more. Savaj was attending to other matters simultaneously while holding this conversation, but she was rationing most of mental energy here.

Nagase
Drifter

Post by Nagase »

Savaj Vanguard wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:17 pm

"Well.. I can see why weren't close."
"What...no, Savaj. You misunderstand my words intentions. I won't come between you and your ambitions, should your will thrust you into conflict with my father. Its not a matter of conflict of interest; but, you need to understand what you would be facing. That man has an unexplainable connection with the will of this planet. All living things born on this sphere share a bond with the Vescrutia's will, but i say it confidently and with great envy that none alive boast the same bond. Parents aren't suppose to have favorites, they all say it;but, i assure you....she does. If you are to over come a challenge, you must understand what is testing you."

She followed behind Savaj, perhaps to her own demised; but, without so much as a drop of fear in her heart she continued her pace. She kept the awe she harbored within and stood behind the powerful Psion whose focused gaze mended the temple's ruins through the sheer force of her mind. As ancient stones floated into place, the mystic spoke casually, unraveling her simple, yet profound wisdom amidst the reconstruction. The juxtaposition of her serene conversation and the extraordinary display of telekinetic prowess created a surreal experience blending the mystical with the ordinary in a captivating dance of restoration and dialogue.
Savaj Vanguard wrote:

"..riddles?"
"I believe his fear is that privacy has been lost. The horsemen reach seem infinite and spontaneous, he doesn't trust that words can be shared that they are not privy of. This has caused him to dissolve into a hermit, hiding his truth in parables and riddles to delay the riders perception. I would believe it were a matter of not sharing trust in his daughter, a reasonable decision on his part - except he is equally as tight lipped with his wives. The horsemen desecration of Arcturus has him afraid...which i understand. Their mark on history is hidden, even to me...whose gaze can pierce the veil of time."
Savaj Vanguard wrote:
Tell me, what do you know of the Great Thirteen, and their clash with the Heralds before our time?"

She said, closing her eyes once more. Savaj was attending to other matters simultaneously while holding this conversation, but she was rationing most of mental energy here.
"The great 13 ...The 13 clans who first emerged with Naten awareness? The hero's who paved the way for our birthright? Very little. Most of those clans didnt survive their encounter with the scourge from beyond the heavens-the herald and its accompanied rider claimed the lives of so many that barely any literature holds any historic fact. Just retold parables with poetic-platitude in place of historic accuracy. It is because of this very fact that Horsemen aren't seen as real creatures and the threat of them are akin to fairytales for most of this land. Despite them being responsible for the Fall of Arcturs, the Crucible of this planet. It is my father, his naive and ambitions ally Zk and their ill-begotten alignment with Michio, that are seen as the culprit. *She cleared her throat and made a mocking tone 'The Trinity has betrayed the will of Vescrutia and have aligned themselves with her enemies' both near and far. The gods have fallen and a new world order is upon us.' The common rhetoric that sits on the tongues of the uninformed.

Return to “Ruins of Akavjjr”