Crown Jewel Ceremony; A Silent Coronation [End]

Ancestral home to all Hellgates near and far.
Aerys Hellgate
Drifter

Crown Jewel Ceremony; A Silent Coronation [End]

Post by Aerys Hellgate »

**Tap.. Tap.. Tap.. Tap..**

Aerys' finger drummed away at the eloquently dressed table he was designated to. The room was beautiful; as if it were cut out of some Hellgate kids book, detailing the lavish lives of kingd and queens. Tapestries and illustrious portraits hung their history along the walls, detailing all Nine crowns from each of the separate factions. He recognized some of their faces; history was certainly among his favorite subjects during his years of study as a child. He fantasized sitting in chair just like this, surrounded by ostentatious glimmers that all seemed to expensive to touch. He deserved this. It was his birth right. Blood sweat and tears were shed in the culmination of today. His training, grueling and tiresome, had paid off just as his father prayed it would. All he had to do now was wait..

**Tap.. Tap.. Tap.. Tap..**

He hated waiting.. He was fidgeting through the new threads they arranged to be pressed, folded, and waiting for him once he arrived in his chambers. His original garments had been destroyed during his trails; all he arrived with were his collected keys and his gold necklace, emblazoned with the Tyre Crest.

".. this is maddenin'."

He whined to himself.

"Oi! Is this how our lot treats royalty? Is this any way to treat a future King? After he immerses himself in high stakes combat, throwing his hide to crucible, and returns to his earnest faithful, your idea is to keep him waiting..and waiting..?"

He said as his fingers drummed up a muddy tune to compliment the sound of his voice. His legs became so restless they joined the concert, jittering and shaking until he eventually just started walking around. Aerys was more than just bored.. honestly, the boy was nervous. Who exactly did he expect to walk through that door? Anyone other than some powerful monarch or legendary Hellgate figure would be preposterous. But was he ready for that? Surely he deserved it.. His performance displayed that if nothing else. Still, he couldn't keep his mind from spinning up different scenarios. Most of which he didn't like.

".. enough is enough, yeah?"

He said, twisting himself into tizzy. He found himself gazing upon the face of an apparently powerful man; a Hellgate whose portrait, hung up among the center of his
peers, truly differed in comparison to the other crowns.

Aerys had read books about Zeik, but none of the pictures that he had seen of him properly captured the legend. Not until today. Aerys felt something beyond the
portrait's sunken gaze that spoke to some of Zeik's lesser appreciated traits. Aside from his battle prowess and highly regarded technique, Zeik's wisdom equated him to an oracle. He was a visionary, more diplomat than warrior. A man of words who truly felt the weight of his crown and the millions of hearts tethered to it. Aerys saw here, in the artistically drawn pools brown and red, Aerys saw the eyes of a King. And for a moment, it humbled him to silence.

He sat back down and continued to wait.

Fate I
Drifter

Re: Crown Jewel Ceremony; A Silent Coronation

Post by Fate I »

With each measured step, the old man traversed the threshold into a room adorned with exquisite decor. The walls whispered tales of timeless elegance, bearing witness to the passage of eons. As he moved through the space, the soft patter of his footsteps contrasted the gritting of his teeth, gnawing on the frustrations he’d forced himself to swallow from a meeting just moments before this one.

Trying to push his anger deep within he uttered a raspy and obnoxious laugh. One that actually shook the glass ornaments that adorned the walls. His laugh echoed through the air, a rich melody of time etched into the lines of his weathered face. Despite the fragility suggested by the wear in his voice, hidden within the folds of his carefree demeanor was a formidable strength. Beneath the surface of his lightheartedness, there lingered the echoes of a life lived boldly, a quiet testament to the enduring might concealed behind the cloak of a carefree spirit.-

"Boy, I couldn't be more proud of you. I don't have any children but I know your parents eyes must be swollen from the tears they've shed over the day. Hell! I'd say you alone gave poise to this senseless crown jewel and for that I'm grateful."

He approached the table and carefully eased into the chair.

“Things are changing in this city, mostly for the worst...and admittedly I was worried-until I saw you. I know you’re tense that I kept you waiting but the other crowns and I were arguing, fixing to rip each other's skin off."

"Ya see my future king, the Crowns are old. Older than many of them lead on to be. Keeping their youthful appearance with magics and surgery. That just don't sit right with me. I like to let everyone see how long the suns been cooking my skin and how long I've been holding this muthfucker down."

He said with a thick accent unlike any within the desert.

"I assume if you've waited this long, you want the crown and if my assumption are correct you need to know what that entails."

-He paused for a moment, waiting to see if the young crown had any thoughts before pushing forward.-

"Each of the nine crowns are responsible for a particular facet of village security and prosperity. Ours, soon to be your responsibility, is both the economy and celestial defense. . A while ago and I mean…..a long while ago, resources of very key minerals were set to dry up which sent, not just us, but damn near the whole country into a frenzy. Bedlam walked the streets and death wore a clean red suit, marring the minds and will of mothers, sons and fathers alike; but with the help of the Horus family technology we were able to secure the resources we needed from a source with infinite supply-the great beyond, im talkin about space, babi-boi.

Since them days long ago we've been responsible for traversing the dangers of the void and acquiring resources from asteroids, comets and other large debris that drift outside of this worlds cold, selfish grip. That and preventing any extinction level collision from occurring here and our moons. It's a tireless undertaking and a direct result of my weathered body..

Aerys Hellgate
Drifter

Post by Aerys Hellgate »

Aerys listened patiently and intently' despite his wandering glance. He never met a crown before. Honestly, outside of these recent trials in the Acrix, Aerys had never come across a Hellgate not born a Tyre. He was taught well enough to understand that respect was a universal language that his people valued over currency. He was sure to wait until the man punctuated his sentences, but he had some questions he wanted answered as well.

"..this is all well and good then, but I've a few questions me self. Cheers, by the way.. Charmed to meet someone of your stature."

Aerys said carefully, turning to face fullt face his predecessor with a comforting smile.

"But I'm not entirely sure who you are, mate. I know all about the Tyre duties, sure. I've been in the vacuum of space a few times, I know how cold it can get up there.. But where does me being a crown come in to all this, then? I feel like I'm missin' the good parts."

Fate I
Drifter

Post by Fate I »

Aerys Hellgate wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:14 pm
"But I'm not entirely sure who you are, mate. I know all about the Tyre duties, sure. I've been in the vacuum of space a few times, I know how cold it can get up there.. But where does me being a crown come in to all this, then? I feel like I'm missin' the good parts."

The crown head tilted in confusion and stared blankly at the young man who shared the table with him. It wasn't long before he erupted into a fit of obnoxious and haughty laughter. His voice filled the room with and echoed through the halls of the stone fortress, an all to awkward moment for Aerys who wasn't keen to the joke. He rose from his seat as his laughter subsided and made his way over to one of the many picture that hung on the wall.

"They say a man dies once for every person he met on this sphere. He dies once when he becomes aware that he is no longer than man he once was, a death that doesn't wait for old age and is the sneakiest of the reapers embraces. He dies again when his body can no longer support life, this death we are the most fearful of but hold the least impact on our spirit and he dies again when the statues of his deeds come crumble down and are no longer remembered by those of his era. To have experienced two of the three deaths in one fell swoop...well, this most be the reapers final warning to an old crown like myself. "

The elderly man gazed at the old photo, his eyes tracing the lines etched by time. His weathered face bore the imprints of years, contrasted with the youthful exuberance frozen in the image. A once robust figure now leaned on a cane for support, and silver threads replaced the dark strands that once adorned his head. The photo captured a moment of vitality that seemed distant, as life's journey had sculpted him into a different, yet resilient version of himself.

"My name is Balteus Tyre. There was a time where i need not introduce myself and im humbled that you've so eloquent reminded me that such a time no longer exist."

He thought back to the latter of the boys questions. 'But where does me being a crown come in to all this, then? I feel like I'm missin' the good parts.'

"You're young, gifted and grasping. All the things needed for greatness, but to be Crown is to shoulder the weight of everyone else's will. It is to stand as both an immovable object and an unstoppable force against the ever growing ambitions of evil, both within and from without. In the beginning you'll be spoiled by the eyes of women, men as well, if you're into it; but, they only seek to covet what you've earned through hard work, dedication and of course the luck of Dna rolls. Its leadership, son. You given very little of what you want or need and you're bombarded by hordes of what you dont need. " *He chuckled softly, still staring at the photo of his formerself.* 'If you're looking for the good parts, you already have it. Just get up and walk out this room, find ya a nice lady...or two and give em both children. Drink mead until your hearts content and dance in the streets with the rest of the our society. But, if you're here to make a difference, then keep your seat and poise your next question.

Aerys Hellgate
Drifter

Post by Aerys Hellgate »

The crown head tilted in confusion and stared blankly at the young man who shared the table with him. It wasn't long before he erupted into a fit of obnoxious and haughty laughter. His voice filled the room with and echoed through the halls of the stone fortress, an all to awkward moment for Aerys who wasn't keen to the joke..
Aerys said nothing, but he did smile nervously in response to the man's jovial explosion. He casually folded his arms and leaned against the wall as he listened.
"They say a man dies once for every person he met on this sphere. He dies once when he becomes aware that he is no longer the man he once was, a death that doesn't wait for old age and is the sneakiest of the reapers embraces. He dies again when his body can no longer support life, this death we are the most fearful of but hold the least impact on our spirit and he dies again when the statues of his deeds crumble down and are no longer remembered by those of his era. To have experienced two of the three deaths in one fell swoop...well, this must be the reaper's final warning to an old crown like myself.

My name is Balteus Tyre. There was a time where I need not introduce myself and I'm humbled that you've so eloquently reminded me that such a time no longer exists."
"Oi.. of course he's the fucking Crown, Aerys.. Ya' fucking shit head."

Aerys cursed himself out a million times over for not being able to identify Balteus from his appearance alone. His father would speak at length about the unbreakable man. The crown jewel of Tyre thr legacy; a pioneer of the unforgiving void, capable of sailing its ruthless vacuum with nothing but his resolve to protect him. Aerys knew all of the stories.. well at least most of them. The downtrodden look on his face conveyed his anger with himself.
" You're young, gifted and grasping. All the things needed for greatness, but to be Crown is to shoulder the weight of everyone else's will. It is to stand as both an immovable object and an unstoppable force against the ever growing ambitions of evil, both within and from without…

If you're looking for the good parts, you already have it. Just get up and walk out this room, find ya a nice lady...or two and give’ em both children. Drink mead until your heart's content and dance in the streets with the rest of our society. But, if you're here to make a difference, then keep your seat and pose your next question.”
Aerys said nothing. He simply marinated in the words of his predecessor with a deep look of contemplation weighing his eyes to the ground. He felt like he was being exposed, rightfully so, for his immaturities. A recurring theme in his life that he couldn't seem to compensate for. The calm, educating demeanor of Balteus made Aerys feel like a child, standing before his father and learning what a man truly was. He reminded him so much of his pops, only more dignified. He glanced at the portrait of Baletus in his prime, and couldn't help but feel humbled. It didn't take long for the young Tyre to make a decision.

“..Well, then.”

He started before walking back toward his seat and plopping down with a defeated smirk on his face.

“Let's start over, eh? My name is Aerys, a complete fuckin’ idiot. I used to read about ya’ as a lad.. I didn't mean any disrespect. As far as my question, how can I learn to be half as good as you were in that picture over there.”

He gestured to the elegant portrait over his shoulder with his thumb but never distracted his gaze from the weathered bastian of excellence before him. Aerys looked at him as if he could learn everything about him from simply staring deep enough. But he was serious about his ambitions- he did his best to keep from quivering with excitement.

Fate I
Drifter

Post by Fate I »

-Balteus eyed the oil painting of his former self with great envy, reflecting on his accomplishments briefly and lingering on his mistakes. He couldn't help but lose track of the Young crowns voice in the thicket of his own mind; but, was brought back to the world when the memories of his past has done a sufficient amount of damage.

"Don't worry about living up to the shadows the legends of old have cast. Sure its a fine motivation when you're green, but eventually...you'll realize that you lose the part of yourself that isn't always retainable. You're great and you'll accomplish more in your life without the shackles of admiration holding you back. Just a dash of respect should suffice."

Having mentally returned to the room, Balteus found himself a little woozy, so he took his seat and heaved a great sigh.

"No need for apologies, son, this leathered skin can take a beating. Tyre keep this tribes economy moving and without our consistent resources and protection, the hellgate's would be on welfare within the year. Which brings me to my first concern. The celestial satellites that orbit this sphere have remained under our protection for decades. A front we took up after losing one of our moons to the childlike ambitions of a group of renegades with something to prove. The debris of the shattered moon doesn't prove any threats to our surface, a fact supported by the observations of the Horus clan and the Holgurd clan. However, the debris has altered the course of several neighboring Asteroids."

The old man grabbed his chest suddenly, but quickly stood to his feet and turned his back to Aerys. He cleared his throat and played the whole ordeal off as something stuck in his throat.

"Ahem. 'Cuse me. The debris of that shattered moon has altered the course of several asteroids that are of great interest to us. Your first act as Crown, should you choose to except, is to oversee the safe capture or destruction of said debris.

Aerys Hellgate
Drifter

Post by Aerys Hellgate »

"..The debris of the shattered moon doesn't prove any threats to our surface, a fact supported by the observations of the Horus clan and the Holgurd clan. However, the debris has altered the course of several neighboring Asteroids."

The old man grabbed his chest suddenly, but quickly stood to his feet and turned his back to Aerys. He cleared his throat and played the whole ordeal off as something stuck in his throat.

"Ahem. 'Cuse me... Your first act as Crown, should you choose to except, is to oversee the safe capture or destruction of said debris."
"Consider it done."

Aerys said with look of concern. He stood up instinctively as if to offer the Crown his assistance, but he also knew better than to ask a man of stature if he needed help. He had already condescended the hell out of him by not recognizing his face, Aerys didn't want to go around condescending him too. So he held his tongue. He knew how proud Tyre men were, especially in their old age. But he had to think of reason for standing up the way he did.

"Oh, um- I'm not a big talker.. But I wanted to thank you, and all that.. Ya know, for your work. Sacrifice. Your service to our people has not gone unnoticed."

He sounded like his father in this moment; poised and reserved. Indicative of the man Aerys was raised to be, rather than than man that stood before Balteus today.

Fate I
Drifter

Post by Fate I »

"You don't owe me your respect, but I'm honored to have it. You'll go far as Crown and further as Aerys. Just don't let the work take what's most important from you. You'll be responsible for the completion of this mission, but my fore fathers built this company, so I'll be at your side.....more in your ear, as you tackle the beast."

The old man made his way towards the door, his steps carrying a noticable limp that he didn't enter the room with.

"Thell announce your ascent to the crown tomorrow morning, along with any other changes in leadership that occured tonight. You should get some rest, we can tackle how to approach the issue at hand at sunrise."

He exited the room in haste,not giving aerys much time to reply.

Return to “Acrix Solara”