Valentine

Board index » The Neo Nightmare » Glistening North » Frozen Caverns

Post subject: Encased in the Fervor of Creation
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:20 pm 
Genin of the Neo-Nightmare

Unique Trait: Crimson Current
Sex: Male
Raiden awoke near the base of a snowcapped mountain within the territories of the Neo-Nightmare several months after being exposed to Inertia’s Godwave frequency. Raiden attempt to arise, get his bearings, and assess his current situation; but found his limbs to be arthritic and cumbersome. He looked down and saw that his whole body was encased in a golden sheen that looked a lot like his Midas Skin technique. The Midas Skin took an immense amount of focus and chakra to perform and did not cause him to lose any mobility.
“My skin has never felt so heavy. I’m burning up, I can barely breathe under this skin” Raiden said straining his chakra trying to release the jutsu.
For the last couple of months,the Godwave energy he absorbed was trying to purge the metals from his body. Inertia’s Godwave energy had a sense of pragmatism in its mechanisms that would lead one to believe it was sentient. Since his body was not capable of metabolizing the metals, the Godwave energy facilitated an immune response that caused this Crimson Current to magnetize the area around him in an aura like manner as well as increase his body temperature 40 degrees, making him sweat profusely and draw the metal out directly through his skin. The process left Raiden adorned from head to toe in a viscous golden liquid substance that was as heavy as a ton of gold.
As Raiden began to tire of attempting to power out of the technique, his dragon, Aeoleon,flapped its wings and perched itself on top of Raiden’s head.
“You finally decided to show up and you choose to use my head resting place” Raiden said focusing his chakra.
Aeoleon eyes turned an emerald green and its aura began to seep down in the liquid covering Raiden’s skin. The liquid slowly began to lose its thickness, thinning out into the consistency of oil or paint dripping away from Raiden’s person, and revealing severe chakra burns all over his abdomen.
“Good Girl” Raiden said to his dragon approvingly. The liquid was still heavy but at least it he could now turn his head.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Post subject: Re: Encased in the Fervor of Creation
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:25 pm 

“Good morning sunshine” Inertia yelled sitting atop a cliff a few meters above Raiden “I thought that cocoon had crushed my little caterpillar”. Inertia spread her arms and dove from atop the cliff landing ever so gently on the covered floor, but creating a shockwave that pushed waves of snow in every direction.
“I see you are one for theatrics” Raiden was somewhat impressed with Inertia’s physics defying entrance but became exasperated with her trials. Impatient as ever, Raiden was ready to reap the culmination of his efforts but Inertia did not seem to even be close to finishing the reshaping of his being.
“Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage And then is heard no more. Thats why we must seek applause that rocks the heaven with sound and fury!!!!!!” Inertia said vivaciously.
Come, let me have a look at you handsome”she floated around Raiden with her arms crossed. Raiden could feel himself being pulled towards Inertia every time she changed position. He had to plant his feet just to ensure he could stand upright.
“Still havent learned to stop resisting huh” Inertia said rubbing her chin “Appears that the godwave didnt subjugate your conscious. Thats a very good sign”.
The residual Godwave energy trapped in Raiden’s skin crackled down his shoulder into his fingertips. Being in the presences of the Godwave’s progenitor made the energy run somewhat wild.
The energy created a static string that was invisible to Raiden and stretched from him to Aeoleon, wrapping itself around the dragon’s entire torso. Inertia could sense the malevolent intent of of her energy. Transferring her energy into Raiden bound Inertia to the mortal coil of Vescrutia; meaning she could not return to the source without her vassal in tow. The Godwave energy sought to speed the process along, it was starting to become homesick.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:26 pm 

Raiden felt the tug o the static string upon his hand and knew it wasnt of his doing. He figured this was the being of another one of Inertia’s tests. In one fluid motion, Raiden drew a kunai from his belt and cut the string so that the slack would wrap around the base of the kunai. he then threw the kunai along with a shuriken upwards in the flight path of Inertia. The kunai and string bounced off of the shuriken several times as it passed around the floating Inertia leaving her bound in the air and Raiden holding the majority of the string in his dominant hand.
“Surely a goddess has better tricks than remote chakra manipulation. Its clear that I have bested you this time love. I could tear you to ribbons with my static strings” as Raiden said this he began wrap Inertia in several more static strings with his free hand. “ Now lets move on, its fucking freezing”.
Inertia smiled and was impressed with Raiden. His attack was almost the perfect course of action to take against her if she was the one manipulating his chakra but attacking her was a mistake in and of itself.
Inertia laughed and said “Fool, behold and acknowledge your follie”, in that instant the static string emitted a drastic feedback of energy that travelled down the string blasting the grounded Raiden and carrying the residual energy into Aeoleon, who bellowed terribly. The Dragon’s eyes turned green once more and grew substantially in size. Its subsequent roar shook the entire mountain range.
As the Aeoleon grew larger, the static strings broke and shocked her thus infuriating her even more. Raiden, thrown off balance by the feedback stumbled forward into the liquid that had encased him earlier. He was now stuck in the same manner as he was when this predicament began with no dragon to save him.
Aeoleon took the skies high above Vescrutia looking down upon the frozen tundra and shooting amber waves of energy into the surrounding mountains.
“There are villages all throughout these mountains. Gain control of your dragon before innocent people get hurt” Inertia said before disappearing into the ether.
“Smug, Bitch” Raiden said trying to free himself from the pool of metal all the while sensing dragon beginning to set its sights on him.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:51 am 

Aeoleon circled the sky, unleashing gigantic plumes of iridescent fire, mere meters away from the immobilized Raiden.
“She seeks to antagonize me” Raiden snarled while trying to tug his hands free from the liquid. “I’m not having fun anymore Inertia”. Raiden’s handsome pastoral countenance melted away into a fiery furrowed brow as he felt the golden liquid cement around him, sealing his fate.
Aeoleon climbed high into the air and angled herself downward prepared to snatch her prey from the proverbial platter Raiden was set on. But by now, Raiden had already become pissed with his current circumstances. Raiden’s crimson current ran wild across the icy tundra, melting the snow and causing billows of steam to rise. The thick stream obscured the dragon’s vision to the point where it could no longer see what lay below. Aeoleon reached out with her aura in order to find Raiden amidst the steam, but in her frantic pursuit of Raiden she descended too fast to stop before crashing into ground nose first and knocking herself out cold.
There was a deafening boom followed by a tremor. Raiden no longer heard the whistle of the dragon’s wings cut through the air. He pulled his hands and feet from the liquid and quickly made several hands signs, meditating on the last one before completing the jutsu. He discerned that dragon had crashed somewhere but was not sure where. He did not want to take any course of action that would give away his position. He calmly waited and took a few steps backward. With every step the ice cracked under Raiden’s feet. The Crimson Current had weakened the tundra floor considerably. Raiden would need to tread lightly so he would not fall through to the caverns below.
Raiden stopped his back pedal when he began to hear the growls and snorts of an awakening beast. “Shit” he said exasperatedly. He could hear the dragon stomp around as it gained it’s bearing. Lighting began to crackle between his hands that were still covered in the golden liquid. He was not feeding much chakra into his hands but it visible to the naked eye. He could feel his hands being pulled back towards the ground but kept his hand sign intact. Then, Raiden saw the pool of liquid creeping towards him ever so slowly. His chakra attracted the liquid but he couldn’t figure out why. A light bulb came on in Raiden’s head. “Perhaps Magnetism” he thought to himself. Raiden used his crimson current to keep the liquid on his hands in a viscous aqueous state just as Aeoleon did before, while the rest of the liquid creeped up his feet and covered his entire body before congealing itself into a lightweight metal. Raiden exploded in crimson lighting that whipped around viciously dissipating the last of the steam. Raiden emerged in adorned in gold from head to toe, crackling red lightning. This was now a fair fight.
Raiden could see the dragon clearly across the field rising to its feet and bearing its teeth. He felt a familiar warmth as the metal conducted his Crimson Current inherently. He felt as though he was in Inertia’s presence once again. Through everything she had put him through, she was with him in this endeavor. It felt good to have a greater power watching over him as he stared down Aeoleon for what would surely be their final exchange.
The lightning is his hand formed into a constant stream of red energy the cascaded up and down from his right hand. The dragon let out one more gigantic roar before bounding towards Raiden ready to ensnare him within her jaws.

Board index » The Neo Nightmare » Glistening North » Frozen Caverns