Chapter Two: The Question

Stone steps lead to the kingdom's most powerful possession, the Sanctus Imperium. Three stone pillars with runic markings face one another forming a stone altar.
Azazel
Drifter

Re: Chapter Two: The Question

Post by Azazel »

[Within]
Game Master wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:21 am
‘Think again.’

It shouted, contesting Azazels punch with a shadowy mass of putrefied naten. It was black, reeked of decayed flesh and deteriorated naten at an atomic level.

He turned to face him, twisting it’s neck unnatural far to meet Azazels eyes directly. With a deep and ghastly exhale , it coughed a putrid puff of gas and hissed

‘I claim whatever life I will, who are you to stop me?’
He noticed the naten covering his hands was dissolving, he had more meter to spare, so he burned it. Pouring copious amount of naten into his fist, trying to break through the defensive villain.

He hadn’t expected this from him, typically mind fucks like these are push overs. Regardless of the polarity you Gravitate towards, poor resolve is usually preceded by lack of power.

Then again. The creature ...was different. No longer hysterical. No, he was certainly different than he was before. He disengaged from the clash, Leaping away from the villainous stranger.

He’d already saved the youngling in his mind. He was still afraid, now crying, but still safely resting behind Azazel.

He returned his attention to the man, no...creature. His form...changed in the brief moment Azazel addressed the youngling? Was this a statement or just part of the...dream?

He tossed his worries to the wind, he felt like he didn’t have time to theorize. This creatures was getting scary and he still didn’t know how he got in ‘here,’ let along how to escape.

‘Cool trick.’

He exclaimed confidently, before rushing towards the creature. He punched the air, releasing fast moving, translucent bubbles of pressurized heat.

The impact was comparable to a large boulder moving at ballistic speeds. They crashed into their targets and blasted super heated naten in a 2yd diameter, usually scarring the target for life. He called them-

‘Gysers’

He shouted, still rushing the target. Shifting from left and right to dismantle the creatures vision.
With the weird and fowl smell of the creatures naten, he figured the guy could decay, maybe even absorb his naten. So he aimed to overwhelm him.

Leaping into the sky, Azazel unleashed a volley of Geysers, saturating the area in devastating fire power.

Fate I
Drifter

Post by Fate I »

[Within]
‘Cool trick.’

He exclaimed confidently, before rushing towards the creature. He punched the air, releasing fast moving, translucent bubbles of pressurized heat.

The impact was comparable to a large boulder moving at ballistic speeds. They crashed into their targets and blasted super heated naten in a 2yd diameter, usually scarring the target for life. He called them-.
‘An individual can never overturn a collective.’

He bellowed. His voice was thick,deep, and rumbled like thunder, echoing across the grey concrete battle ground.

He became many, meeting the first of Azazel’s projectiles head on. The blast was devastating and melted the red fleshy corpse instantly , all but the one who stood still, arms crossed, watching Azazel’s every move.

A thick smog of steam filled the air, rendering his red, sickly visage, a mirage.

‘geysers’

He shouted, still rushing the target. Shifting from left and right to dismantle the creatures vision.
With the weird and fowl smell of the creatures naten, he figured the guy could decay, maybe even absorb his naten. So he aimed to overwhelm him.

Leaping into the sky, Azazel unleashed a volley of Geysers, saturating the area in devastating fire power
-Azazel’s approach left blurred imagery in its wake, his attacks further mislead his positioning. However, he was in contest with precision. An evil as old as space itself.-

‘I am the instrument of Ruin. With it’s sword, life falls to my whispers.’

Azazel’s salvo pummeled the earth below, creating a huge cloud of debris and dirt.

The citizens ran, seeking shelter from the calamity. They screamed in fear and from the midst of the Chaos, I appeared behind the youngling.

Hands crossed, one set of them, while another reaches for the youngling. A long and devilish claw reached out, drawing ever closer until gently pricking the boy.

‘To ashes’

- Spontaneous combustion? Inevitability? Did it matter? Azazel would feel the eventuality of hopelessness, stretched out delicately to see the ugly truth. Each moment he spared by gracefully approaching the boy, would feel infinitely empty- powerlessness.-

Azazel
Drifter

Post by Azazel »

His eyes grew wide. He felt responsible and foolish, thrashing around his temper and power had literally doomed the person he aimed to save. He’d created the necessary conditions for the dagger to be cloaked.

He reached out to the youngling, but it was too late, the flames spread quickly, effortlessly, racing across the younglings body. Azazel only saw his failure for but a moment, he gasped and returned to his body, much like waking from a bad dream.

He breathing was labored and his body was sweating profusely, he fell back, landing on his cheeks, nervously surveying his surroundings.

‘...I only made it worse.’

He muttered, reflecting on his experience within the Sanctus.

‘What...the hell is this thing. I went in there...and was jumped by some dude in black?’

He said, nervously retreating from the stone alter.

Kurai
Arcanum Iris

Post by Kurai »

She was taken aback at first by Azazel's sudden return. As he started to panic she rushed to him without question.

"Slow down... It's okay. Breathe."

She tried to coax him gently.

"The crystals just bring subconscious knowledge to the forefront of our vision. Take your time and we can go over what you saw."

From the look of him, his experience with the crystal was just as disturbing as her last encounter with it.

Azazel
Drifter

Post by Azazel »

Slowly he gained control of his breathing. No longer was he falling through tunnels of light or fighting ugly four armed creatures.

He’d returned to the alter, the sun still beaming over his head. Only a few moments had passed, based of the change in his shadow.

‘It wasn’t real?’

He asked. Shaking loose the last bits of fear from his heart. He focused his attention in Kurai, he’d relied on her clarity before, why not now.

‘I saw a child under assault from a foreign creature. When I tried to help, I made things worse...’

He said bluntly.

‘I felt powerful, but power didn’t work...’

Kurai
Arcanum Iris

Post by Kurai »

He was so shaken, poor thing. She wanted to hug him but was hesitant...not wanting to trigger his pride.

"To say it's not real wouldn't be precisely true... But... It's not as physically real to you now as it seemed."

She smiled, hoping to be reassuring.

"Now... What you do you mean power didn't work?"

Azazel
Drifter

Post by Azazel »

‘Is there an age limit on this thing? Maybe...a heads up about violent freaks of nature and possibly traumatizing experiences.’

He fell on his rear and rested his arms on his bent legs. Shaking his head from disbelief and ignoring Kurai’s muffled laughter.

He always made his pain into a joke, it was common practice by now.

“I kept trying to beat this monster, but the harder I fought the worse it got for the kid I wanted to save...am I the kid?’

He said with an upward infliction in his tone.

‘Nevermind...I came here for weapons of mass destruction and I ended up with more trauma. How...does dad think this will help anyone?’

Nagase
Drifter

Post by Nagase »

‘The Sanctus releases a harmonic tune that resonates with your Dna, triggering the awakening at some later time. Azazel.’

Came a mocking tone from behind the pillar. His sister, Nagase, peering from behind one of the stones, clinging to the alter for cover.

Her eyes peeked over the edge and stared intently at her brother, almost antagonizing him by glare alone.

‘Meaning, you already unlocked your Animus...you’re just too confused on how to activate it. Here let me show you.’

She said, stepping into the center of the alter and placing her hand on the stone pillar. Much like azazel she stayed there, entranced by the pillar, before returning to her body. She gasped and nervously looked at Azazel, then to Her mother and finally back to the stone.

‘One more time.’

She side, touching the stone and diving into the realm of the Sanctus before being thrust back into her reality.

Her face said concern, but it also said..

‘Is this supposed to be...addictive?’

She questioned nervously. Grinning ear to ear as she looked the alter up and down.

“Did anyone else....see a blood red moon?’

She questioned, non chanlantly. Repeatedly pressing and removing her finger from the pillar.

Kurai
Arcanum Iris

Post by Kurai »

Kurai couldn't help but to giggle a bit at Azazel's reaction. His fury mixed with his humor as he coped with his sense of vulnerability was...unexplainably precious.

Oh, and of course Nagase would show up at just the right time to show off. It reminded her so much of Zeik and his obsession with perfection. She smiled with nostalgia before her face twisted into strange shapes witnessing Nagase effortlessly and repeatedly engage the crystals as though she was popping candies into her mouth one by one.

After so long she felt compelled to stop her, almost sure she had become majorly distracted.

"Sweetheart?" She placed a hand gently on her shoulder.

"Did you come here just to boast?" She asked, smirking thoughtfully.

Azazel
Drifter

Post by Azazel »

"Did you come here just to boast?" She asked, smirking thoughtfully.
‘Yes!’ He shouted. ‘She literally, only, shows up in my life to antagonize me. She has robotic birds keeping track of me, making it all to easy to show up, precisely in my most vulnerable moments;but, you guys never believe me!’

His voice was filled with frustration as he rambled on, he often tried to pin Nagase to her crimes, but his effort was almost always fruitless.
‘Meaning, you already unlocked your Animus...you’re just too confused on how to activate it. Here let me show you.’

Nagase’s taunt echoed in his head, she was always confident and capable, while he often felt the opposite. To add insult to injury, she wasn’t just better than him at every contest, she was arrogant and haughty.

‘Why couldn’t I get a nice, sister.’

Return to “Sanctus Crystal Imperium”