The Second Annual Neo Festurus - Fin

Dalazar Denkou
Drifter

Re: The Second Annual Neo Festurus

Post by Dalazar Denkou »

” Is this a joke? Theatricalities.. Aesthetics.. These are meaningless in the heat of battle. You present a thousand years of superiority with a thread? Fabric? Very well then, be this insult or hubris, let us put to the test, your King's thread.”
The Denkou kin remained silent letting nothing but Delion’s proclamations hit the air around them as time grew still in silence while many had gathered around to see the test of might. Whether or not the Denkou egotistical demeanor in the face of elv blood was indeed foolhardy or could humans really have become stakeholders in the evolution of the planet had yet to be seen. Namesakes like Hellgate were noteworthy amongst human society one of extremely few that elvn kind had no choice but to recognize. Today would be the day that the Denkou place their bid in with the other bloodlines of vescrutia.
He said half-heartedly as he lifted his dagger above his head. His fist clenched tight around its handle, so tight the sound of air rushing through the gaps of his fist squeaked like leather. He held nothing back. Delion wanted to embarrass these humans more than he wanted anything they offered him out of their pitiful tents. The thought of their disappointment.. the collective dread of each and everyone of them as he displayed the gap between their civilizations.
The silence was pierced by the air escaping the force of his grip. No one moved it was as if time had frozen still. The music ceased all eyes paid homage to a test that would for most be merely a entertaining display. For Yuta, Haesael and the very name of the Emerald King himself the pillar of their kingdom this display was a day of providence. A poetical precoursor to a stature of not idle recognition for in truth this had nothing to do with pleading with these elvs that the Denkou deserved their awe and respect.

Far from it

The Denkou bloodline is one of the oldest living of human kind. For thousands of year their feet bled on the face of the mother learning and searching for all they could of her grace her greatness. Persecution and prejudice, harrowingly vicious creatures , frigid weather and burning winds. They survived it all and now stand atop on of the highest peaks in Neovia. A thriving land a bustling society .

This was not a vain attempt to prove a point. This was a declaration. The tip of the ice burg of the prominence of Denkou mysticism.

This was a fact
Delion swung his dagger as hard and fast as he could toward the thread. The air sounded as if it screamed in pain; cleaved in two by this seven foot, death crazed warrior. But the sound of slicing air was deafened when Delion's blade made contact with the King's Thread. The frequency created from the impact was unlike anything he'd ever heard. The shockwaves tossed the weak to the ground, and pinged Delion's sensitive ears like nails to a chalkboard.
Yuta would tap her foot on the ground just before Delion mitghty cleaving blow made contact causing runic circle to manifest under them all within a 6 meter range. It was a ward she placed to keep the Denkou property in place incase some random fit of nature decided to try and ruin their fun. It seems she was right to do so as the maelstrom of sheer force that Delion swing created would have very well cleared the children,elderly and other folks gathered. The ward would cause the fearsome energy to disperse around those covered by its light, leaving it to eventually wither and fizzle out. Becoming little more than fierce rumblings that should the earth beneath them kicking up dust that blanketed the immediate area.

Haesael would inhale then exhale releasing a gust of wind from his lungs that would quickly do away with the dust cloud revealing Delion perplexed face and his dagger split with the Kings thread triumphantly intact. Yuta eye practically gleamed with pride as she wore the coyest of smile. In her heart there could have been no doubt. To allow anyone to make them feel small or less than would bring an unprecedented dishonor to their lineage. The love they had for their kingdom.

“Hmp.”

Haesael face was even more smug his was not a cute coy smile but a wide Cheshire Cat grin. The people around began to cheer in awe and glee. Even the Atlanteans found a few of their ranks celebrating the triumph impressed themselves.
“I would like to purchase all of which you have to offer, on behalf of the B'halian Empire.”
The pair looked at each other. Not even needing their telepathy to tell what the other was thinking. But before either could address Delion the air began to vibrate as the harrowing sound of trumpet filled the air. Yuta and Haesael heads snapped in the direction of the horns recognizing instantly their origins.

The family had arrived.

They both began frantically straightening up the display that had gotten a little dusty after the test. For a moment it was like they had completely forgotten that Del was even there.

The trumpet accompanied by a litany of instruments stealing the musical show from the ones playing earlier. It’s sound drew the focus to the front entrance of the festival where a large force 100 strong stood. Four banners could be seen in the four sections that this force’s formation consisted off. Each of the four sections heralded a banner each distinct from the others. On these banner each was a symbol of an animal marking the Royal House it represented.

The Ebon Bear; Grizzly House Of Urso

The Sapphire Mantis; Severing House Of Flonne

The Crimson Ant: Industrious House Of Gamallow

Last but certainly not least

The Emerald Serpent; Eminent House Of Ri’ore

There were three single person sized carts that shielded the identities of those aboard. Leading the entire band was a woman with thick long braided locs standing about 6’3. She was covered head to toe in ceremonial garb that was reminiscent of a swordman kimono her weapons not on her person. She was Urso. Their hands were enough. Her gaze was firm with eyes that hummed with a green light.

She was the first to enter the festivals border as she raised her hand the music ceased.

“Greetings fair folk of Neovia. What an honor it is for us to be gathered like this.”

She said as her voice was magnified by Naten so that all would be able to hear her. It was brisk, stern yet echoed a alluring feline undertone.

“ I am Emerion Gal Urso, Second seat of the Urso royal family. Under the Arashin’s eye I great you.”

She bowed slightly

“ I pray you are not alarmed by the numbers. Many eons have the Denkou sat atop the Emerald ascension and for a spectacle such as this we wanted to show in good faith, in mass, our support for community.”

As he was speaking the four royal carts would open revealing those inside.

The banner of the Sapphire Mantis a man with green hair that trailed down his backside. Exceptional poise. He wore a sash with a litany of scrolls.

“Faelyn Tav Flonne, this land is truly gorgeous. I do hope we can enjoy such beauty together”

From the banner of the Crimson Ant a man with short white hair emerged. His feet did not touch the ground as he levitated ever so slightly above it.

“ I am Brea Ul Gamallow. Such a …humble space.”

The banner of Eminence a man well lived with grey hair and a demeanor that did not invite respect. It declared it. He was the last to exit and had the least amount of guards around him. A notion to the those unfamiliar of his lore would mean he was of lessor priority. On the contrary, it was because out of all here he needed protection the least as his notable standing amongst the others as a member of the Ri’ore house. Direct descendants of the founder himself.

“Emerion we all thank you for such a warm welcome.”

He said as he walked ahead of her.

“ It has been sometime since I’ve last walked these kinds. And yet the power of comrade is still as present as ever. “

He raised his hand and the other three would move behind him

“I am Koselik Ver Ri’ore second seat and emissary of our most honorable one The Emerald King.”

He bowed slightly

“And chaperone to these young ones here. Please show them grace as they are still learning much of the world around them. They are the Eminent Three. The next rulers of the Denkou Royal families.”

The three would bow as well as would the hundred other members. They were well received in all especially with talks of the Denkou proficiency already making way through the festival. After they rose the others would begin slowly making their way in the festival. Excited to see what a Neovian festival was like as for many leaving the kingdom was not something they experienced often. The three also made their way through being rushed by folks who asked all kinds of question about the Denkou. Koselik noticed Yuta and Haesael and made his way there spotting a most curious sight.

A Tera Elv here on Madeira?

“Well Lady Yuta under the Arashin’s eye”

He said as he noticed the set up and the duo’s nervous faces. His eyes observed the Jo’ro to the thread. Kings thread? What reason could she possibly have had showing off such a prized possession. He would try to feign curiosity as he noticed the damaged weapon bearing the seal of the Mazokou. He nodded to the Elv acknowledging his presence more concerned for Yuta’s or Haesael explanation.

“Yuta if I am correct Brea said your instructions were to preform a…minor display of weaving magics potential. I’m sure I needn’t remind you there is nothing minor about Kingsthread. So, would anyone care to fill me in?”

Nalumire
Arcanum Iris

Post by Nalumire »

Dalazar Denkou wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:19 am
The family had arrived.

They both began frantically straightening up the display that had gotten a little dusty after the test. For a moment it was like they had completely forgotten that Del was even there.

The trumpet accompanied by a litany of instruments stealing the musical show from the ones playing earlier. It’s sound drew the focus to the front entrance of the festival where a large force 100 strong stood. Four banners could be seen in the four sections that this force’s formation consisted off. Each of the four sections heralded a banner each distinct from the others. On these banner each was a symbol of an animal marking the Royal House it represented.

The Ebon Bear; Grizzly House Of Urso

The Sapphire Mantis; Severing House Of Flonne

The Crimson Ant: Industrious House Of Gamallow

Last but certainly not least

The Emerald Serpent; Eminent House Of Ri’ore

There were three single person sized carts that shielded the identities of those aboard. Leading the entire band was a woman with thick long braided locs standing about 6’3. She was covered head to toe in ceremonial garb that was reminiscent of a swordman kimono her weapons not on her person. She was Urso. Their hands were enough. Her gaze was firm with eyes that hummed with a green light.

She was the first to enter the festivals border as she raised her hand the music ceased.

“Greetings fair folk of Neovia. What an honor it is for us to be gathered like this.”

She said as her voice was magnified by Naten so that all would be able to hear her. It was brisk, stern yet echoed a alluring feline undertone.

“ I am Emerion Gal Urso, Second seat of the Urso royal family. Under the Arashin’s eye I great you.”

She bowed slightly

“ I pray you are not alarmed by the numbers. Many eons have the Denkou sat atop the Emerald ascension and for a spectacle such as this we wanted to show in good faith, in mass, our support for community.”

As he was speaking the four royal carts would open revealing those inside.

The banner of the Sapphire Mantis a man with green hair that trailed down his backside. Exceptional poise. He wore a sash with a litany of scrolls.

“Faelyn Tav Flonne, this land is truly gorgeous. I do hope we can enjoy such beauty together”

From the banner of the Crimson Ant a man with short white hair emerged. His feet did not touch the ground as he levitated ever so slightly above it.

“ I am Brea Ul Gamallow. Such a …humble space.”

The banner of Eminence a man well lived with grey hair and a demeanor that did not invite respect. It declared it. He was the last to exit and had the least amount of guards around him. A notion to the those unfamiliar of his lore would mean he was of lessor priority. On the contrary, it was because out of all here he needed protection the least as his notable standing amongst the others as a member of the Ri’ore house. Direct descendants of the founder himself.

“Emerion we all thank you for such a warm welcome.”

He said as he walked ahead of her.

“ It has been sometime since I’ve last walked these kinds. And yet the power of comrade is still as present as ever. “

He raised his hand and the other three would move behind him

“I am Koselik Ver Ri’ore second seat and emissary of our most honorable one The Emerald King.”

He bowed slightly

“And chaperone to these young ones here. Please show them grace as they are still learning much of the world around them. They are the Eminent Three. The next rulers of the Denkou Royal families.”

The three would bow as well as would the hundred other members. They were well received in all especially with talks of the Denkou proficiency already making way through the festival. After they rose the others would begin slowly making their way in the festival. Excited to see what a Neovian festival was like as for many leaving the kingdom was not something they experienced often. The three also made their way through being rushed by folks who asked all kinds of question about the Denkou. Koselik noticed Yuta and Haesael and made his way there spotting a most curious sight.

“Well Lady Yuta under the Arashin’s eye”

He said as he noticed the set up and the duo’s nervous faces. His eyes observed the Jo’ro to the thread. Kings thread? What reason could she possibly have had showing off such a prized possession. He would try to feign curiosity as he noticed the damaged weapon bearing the seal of the Mazokou. He nodded to the Elv acknowledging his presence more concerned for Yuta’s or Haesael explanation.

“Yuta if I am correct Brea said your instructions were to preform a…minor display of weaving magics potential. I’m sure I needn’t remind you there is nothing minor about Kingsthread. So, would anyone care to fill me in?”
Just as quickly as the Head Houses of the Emerald Ascension showed face. The Bells Rang. In the Rear of the Crowd and Now entering the festival grounds. A Parade entered. They entered with Dancers and exotic animals from the astral lands. On the backs of elephant sized animals sat the three symbols of the Astral House of Denkou. Known to many among the mother as the Denkai. They bread themselves on the advancements and the innovation that they have created in the Land across the Fresh water Sea.

Surrounding the Creatures danced the Denkai entertainers. Shortly after they would meet and spread the crowd into a pathway as a group of Denkai carried three Carriages Much like the Golden ones of the Ascension Royals. However there weren’t made of the same golds and Gem of the Ascension.
Acrobatics and fireworks the stage was set for the first chairs of the Astral Denkai to make their Entrance.

The Banners raised High.

First to dance in the Sky of the Parade was the shield of the Denkai. Enforcers of the Laws of the Denkai. Protectors of all who bear the name Denkai. The Proud Sun Bears of the Astral Urso.

Second to grace the isles of the Festival would be the Banners of the Ever crafty and cunning Megenta Ant of the Astral Gamallow

And the Final Banner to Enter the festival the bells rang louder the dancers gracefulness turned into a fury of jumps and cheers as the banner of the Leading House came to join the other two. The Coral Mantis of the Astral Flonne.

Each house came in with their flags held high. From each of the Elephant sized beast dropped a set of ladders as Urso Guards emerged from the huts that sat up top the backs of the beast.

They would motion for the Carriages to be placed on the ground. The three Urso Guards riding the beast would then jump high into the air landing in front of their respective Banners.

The first to speak would be a man with a Deep Powerful tone you could tell he was the obvious leader of the lineup. His voice rang across the Festival grounds.
“I am Flattered and Proud just as well as Honored and Grateful to Have the Opportunity that is only bestowed upon the most Important of Mortals. Behold the Lords of our Lands the Noblest of Our Beloved Mother. I,Saimons Von El of Astral House Urso present to those of Neovia, My Children the Sworn Shields of the Marashin Dorian Von El of Astral House Urso and Casyrin Vonya El of Astral House Urso. By the Heart of the Cosmos’ take joy as you Gaze upon them.”

The two would step forward as he spoke their names the leading generals of the Astral Urso stood proud as many looked at them in awe and felt the power of the Rai father radiate of their presence. The Young Man came first he was the guard over the Sun Bear Banner. His Tattoos and Overwhelming stature would cut fear into his enemies if he was on the battlefield. He stood a Grotesque 7 foot 11 inches a pure tank of a man. Much like his father. However he easily stood well over a foot over the elderly Denkai man and his sister.

“By the Claret Moon that rest in the Astral Skies.. I Present The Land of Neovia, The Royal House of the Sun Bear, Ameran Caesar Urso Denkai, and Daughter Of Ori’on Hytsuya Algro of Urso Denkai

With Cheers from the 300 or so Denkai who appeared. They came came to look to the Far left of the stage as a slim man much shorter than the three guards and only standing a few inches over the girl he was probably about 5’9 but those with a keen sense of magic could tell this smaller Urso Bear was the more then meets the eye. His eyes different from the three shields. He Bore the Amber eyes of Ascendance.

Those who are the Descendants of the Valkyrie are known as Daughters. Each house has one which would be the mate to Ascendant Denkou/Kai.Much like Princess Daitsuya the girl who stood behind the Urso lead Chair was chosen as a Valkyrie to the Prince. She had no extraordinary magical power. It was as if it was compressed in a visible rune on her neck she was very small for her bloodline of Urso women compared to the Amazonic stature of Casyrin she was very petite in her figure standing only 5’0 tall she was obviously a much younger Denkai. She bore the eyes of the Denkai Valkyrie the deep dark cosmic blue.

They both would bow to the crowds as the Urso Woman standing in front of the Shining Banner of the Magenta Ant the industrial genius of the Denkai. The house of the Technomages which helped build and construct the obelisk blueprints that which powers many of the cities of the astral lands.

“By that which flows through the grace of the Marashin I share the Gaze of the Lead Chair of the Magenta Ant, Aster Zinre Gamallow and Daughter of Va’Tira Astrune Sicilia

they would wave to the crowd Aster dressed in the finest of the Gamallow garments and wear along with his bride Astrune. She bore her rune of Valkyrie Vatira on the exposed shoulder of her dress. She was small like Hytsuka and petite in size she was in between the two heights of the Urso woman you could see the difference in the shape and size of each astral denkai house rep. Aster was a lot different he looked the youngest of the Chairs and his bride actually looked much older than he actually did. His muscles tight and compact it radiated a sense of independence and intelligence between the two of them one could tell their genetic makeup was that of prodigious humans.

Finally as the Ants made their way backwards with a step of his foot the crowd silenced as his breathing cut the air around them. With a Thundous voice he laughed. “Finally I get to say Hello, I am Temporal King Ar’Groven Salias Flonne and this is my bride the Daughter of Koina Queen Ar’Gen Synia he would stretch his hand backwards as he emerged from the carriage only to be stowed by his bride. The Green eyed man would be stop by a cold gaze. Her Golden eyes cut across the faces of the crowd as she looked at him with stone cold eyes the Head of the Astral Denkou Queen stepped out to face the second of the Ri’ore house. She said his name with a single sound that danced gracefully across the ears of all in the way of the two.

“Koselik, this is the reason why so many undermine that our great bloodline. You and your subordinates are the fools of the Kingdom and the action of your houses are benign. Please my good patrons we the Denkai offer our wares to all who wish to purchase them. ”

Okoye
Drifter

Post by Okoye »

The pair looked at each other. Not even needing their telepathy to tell what the other was thinking. But before either could address Delion the air began to vibrate as the harrowing sound of trumpet filled the air. Yuta and Hansel heads snapped in the direction of the horns, instantly recognizing their origins.

The family had arrived.
Delion glanced over his shoulder in the direction of the boisterous trumpets roaring through the Festival entrance. At first, he imagined the celebratory orchestra was on account of Zk's return and this exuberant visual display was simply how Neovia welcomed their famed champion. But he was sadly mistaken. Delion's face slumped further into agitation as he turned around and discerned the truth. He gazed upon the decorative banners and flags with practiced apathy. He didn't recognize a single one of them, but then again.. why would he? They were human after all, and Delion was only now learning the extent of their potential. It was almost impossible for him to believe that these mortals possessed a caliber of craftsmanship that rivaled even the Dwarves of Northern B'halia; mystical blacksmiths whose blood, sweat and tears are shed and smelted unto every one of their projects. It would have been easier to believe they deceived him somehow; sorcery was his first thought, but his sensitive ears would have detected even the faintest shift in naten. The truth left a bitter taste in his mouth, but Emperor Akundae would need proof of such a development.

“..”
The three also made their way through being rushed by folks who asked all kinds of questions about the Denkou. Koselik noticed Yuta and Haesael and made his way there, spotting a most curious sight.

“Well Lady Yuta, under the Arashin’s eye”

He said as he noticed the set up and the duo’s nervous faces. His eyes observed the Jo’ro to the thread.. He nodded to the Joro, acknowledging his presence more concerned for Yuta’s or Haesael explanation.

“Yuta if I am correct, Brea said your instructions were to perform a… minor display of weaving magic's potential. I’m sure I needn’t remind you there is nothing minor about Kingsthread. So, would anyone care to fill me in?”
“Your younglings have done your namesake a great service. You should find pride in both their brass and boldness.. It is a welcomed welcomed change to what I've seen of your kind."

Delion said as he turned to face the approaching royal figures. An older man, gilded in all sorts of cloth and golds. Was this their king? Perhaps a patriarch of somesort. Del moved his lips to speak, but Just as he did so;
Just as quickly as the Head Houses of the Emerald Ascension showed face. The Bells Rang. In the Rear of the Crowd and Now entering the festival grounds. A Parade entered. They entered with Dancers and exotic animals from the astral lands. On the backs of elephant sized animals sat the three symbols of the Astral House of Denkou. Known to many among the mother as the Denkai. They bread themselves on the advancements and the innovation that they have created in the Land across the Fresh water Sea.

A group of Denkai carried three Carriages Much like the Golden ones of the Ascension Royals. However there weren’t made of the same golds and Gem of the Ascension.
Acrobatics and fireworks the stage was set for the first chairs of the Astral Denkai to make their Entrance.

The Banners raised High.
Delion did his best to speak over the second wave of flamboyant humans theatrics. His ears did not appreciate the incessant noise.

“Nngh.. I am an Ambassador of the B'halian Empire, here to discuss furthering international relationships with our boarding neighbors. We were on the verge of conducting business, but if you are their superior, then I will divert my request to you. On behalf of B'halia, I would like to purchase this King's Thread, along with everything else offered you have in your present inventory.”

He said, doing his best to recall his conditioning and protocols taught to him prior to this mission. Delion was a warrior, bred to kill since the day he was born. As were all J'oro Elvs. They were hunters, but his tact and glib earned him more responsibility than simply slinging his blade. Emperor Akundae saw more in him and tasked him appropriately. He was smarter than his peers, far more cunning and intuitive. Delion expected to strictly be conversing with Zk on this endeavor but he could feel himself benefiting from the practice. This was the first time he'd ever conversed with humans in a cordial setting, he had to be sure to hide his fangs.

(...Meanwhile..)

Subori would see the band of Joro Soldiers preparing their weapons for confrontation; however, none of them seemed to be moving from their position. The Joro soldier carrying Raizen Gojudas could be seen walking out of one of the tents with two other armed warriors, toward a darkened sector of the woods. They were moving away from the camp, still armed. However, Sunder can be entering another tent, discussing with more decorated members of the caravan.

“Have we discussed the coordinates of our next location? I didn't come across The Sea to sit on my ass the whole time!”

One of them asked; their voices boomed so loud not much could be kept secret.

“When do we get to do what we were born to do?! I grow tired of waiting for this signal.. How can we be sure Delion lives?”

Agitation shook the camp grounds.. But Raizen was getting further away. Subori had a decision to make.

Fate II
Drifter

Post by Fate II »

Shook and satisfied with the day's surveillance, Subori sighed heavily as he watched the Jo'ro mobilize. Raizen's curses made him laugh a little bit, he had a bad end coming to him thinking that the B'halian Empire wouldn't take him for all he's worth. When The Conservatory was just in its burgeoning days, Raizen was one of the few members who made him nervous, his background as a sellsword and thief before finding a home in Arcturus made somewhat a familiar face of the Nonoir Mangroves. The Garganega's in particular had a tricky history with individuals who found their way to the Jaida Coast, many of them traveling through the muck were escaping pursuit of some sort and for the right price, the Garganega easily hid and moved them through the area and disappear them from their pursuers for the right price. As a sovereign people, they were still able to maintain good relationships with their neighbors, but the Atlanteans always stressed caution when dealing with outsiders, especially Humans. Although Subori was young, he understood the necessity of vetting patrons of the Garganega grace. Raizen Gojudas in the custody of the B'halian Empire after whatever information he divulged to them proved Subori's own assumptions correct, he was not to be trusted.

Subori carefully moved through the encampment to escape into the depths of the Nonoir Mangroves heading toward Zero's Atelier. He hadn't shown up to the Festival as of his departure and that was the only place he could be. What could he have been doing this whole time if he wasn't at the Festival that he and The Conservatory were hosting? He had to make it there to find out and let him know what trouble this way comes.

Zero Venkage
Drifter

Post by Zero Venkage »

~Back at the festival...~

Yikes...

Right behind Simon's stall were some various younglings running and playing with a Gafren Cassowary and another creature, clad in the Cassowary's feathers like Subori, but with a complete headdress and beak and enough feathers to hide their body completely. The pair of birds were entertaining the children, one of them playing and lowering their head to offer short rides back and forth, and the other, strange looking one prancing and dancing to keep the ones waiting for their turn entertained. Children are the future and getting them introduced to things out of their normal experiences is important for development. On the Marlboro Archipelago, similar to how things were on the Jaida Coast, Zero lived a fairly sheltered life whether from his mother's iron fist or the Oro's strict practices surrounding the Venkage Anthem. His disdain and rejection of those unbending ideals is partially what led him out into the open world, scouring the seas for adventure and a new life he intended to craft in his own, unique image.

It garnered him a reputation all over the world, led him to the Meetingplace of Destiny, Arcturus, introduced him to some of his most valued friends, and led him to his newest and most fulfilling role as Destati of The Conservatory. Unfortunately, as he overheard Del'ion's request for an audience with the leader of this land and its inhabitants, Zero's heart dropped. Simon did a wonderful job keeping the situation from blowing out of proportion, but it took an elevated level of tact to maintain normalcy in the face of what would amount to the precursor of an invasion. As he danced and listened to the conversation, he remembered mentions of the B'halian Empire in legends of the Gafren, excited that they held some truth to them. He garnered a glance at their royal garb and recognized the color guard from his one run in with them off the coast of B'halia, but these Elvs were different from the ones he encountered. Good thing the Mazoku didn't decide to disembark themselves, this Festival might be turned into a funeral.

With Del moving through the festival peacefully, Zero timed his reveal so that he could get a feel for the kind of conversation he'd need to have with them. Okoye just broke out of one of their prisons and crawled her way to his doorstep, and he presumed they were on the tail of some escaped convicts, but never assumed they'd show up so soon or at all.

The guilt ate away at him, somehow through development of The Conservatory, they assumed he was the leader of this land, but how? The Conservatory had only been operating for a few years, an infant in the global scope. He'd also been locked away in training with the Gafren Tribes, Garganega Caecilians, and Lucis Acolytes to learn the Jaidan Way, purposefully keeping a low profile to let his former reputation melt away into memory. After the chaos that unfolded in Uran, a ghost appearing before him in the night, Okoye washing up on his shores unexpectedly, and the sigil he left at the former site of Arcturus in Kemet, Zero should have assumed more trouble would be on its way. Maybe it was a product of his Anthem, the currents of the planet flowing toward him since energy cannot be destroyed, only converted. It seemed his penance for his reckless youth might not have even begun...

"Oh kay, oh kay guys. I gotta go, hold on to this for me."

Zero removed his headdress and faux beak gently, handing the head them to some of the young ones dancing and cheering for their chance to become the Cassowary. He removed the feathery cloak as well, hanging it on the corner of Simon's stall as he slipped past and through the crowd to approach Del while he was busy with the Denkou steel purveyors. He keot his head high, readjusted his hair and jacket to look as leader-ly as he could for these emissaries from a far off land. They gave them the honor of a peaceful approach, but from his experience, it was the only chance they gave the nations they would soon crush under foot. Zero, as the intended recipient of this formal introduction needed to move with precision and cunning. He had one chance to make good of this meeting lest the fate of the Jaida Coast and all of Madeira fall squarely onto his shoulders. He avoided the judgmental stares of the Atlanteans and other nonplussed individuals, strutting like he owned the place since technically he did and that's exactly what the B'halian Empire assumed. Why they made that assumption still eluded him, but he had to do something before the party got pooped.

"Well, well, well! The B'halian Empire gracing us with their presence, a momentous occasion for sure," he spoke into the airspace behind Del and the Denkou's contest. "It's been quite some time since your forces have joined us on Madeira, has the memory of Garland Gafren faded from your lore so easily?"

Zero took a shot in the dark, maybe this force of the Empire had no recollection of the Gafren legend and his routing of their forces at the Fosfe Incident. In any case, they seemed to arrive with a single purpose, a request that Zero could not make on behalf of the Jaida Coast or Madeira, but one he intended to broker to ensure the safety of the land he learned to love and protect.

Just another day on the road to redemption.

Dalazar Denkou
Drifter

Post by Dalazar Denkou »

“Koselik, this is the reason why so many undermine that our great bloodline. You and your subordinates are the fools of the Kingdom and the action of your houses are benign. Please my good patrons we the Denkai offer our wares to all who wish to purchase them. ”
Even after being addressed by the Denkai queen who would not leave the comforts of her carriage, Koselik would not turn to face her or the Denkai King . His gaze rested solely with Yuta she was the only one he had formally spoken to. Considering it rude to cease his conversation with her in favor of Denkai. The current tension that swept in with the Denkai and their uncouth proclamations could be cut with a knife. His disregard for her in this moment would speak volumes of how inconsequential the words of a ruler, who would not even honor the most basic of etiquettes ,were to one such as he. Pillar of the very foundation her liege was spat from.

Yuta’s gaze shifted between them all at least once. She felt it only prompt to respond to Koselik’s inquiry.

“My, Sir Koselik with his blessing may you know eternal peace.”

She preformed the bow that is customer of her people when consorting with the Ri’ore household.

“It was not part of the original display I assure you.”

Haesael stepped forehead bowing before speaking

“ The name of our Kingdom was on the line… we met that challenge and sir…. I am unashamed to say we were triumphant. It was I who pressured her to use it sire. Leave the blame with me.”
“Nngh.. I am an Ambassador of the B'halian Empire, here to discuss furthering international relationships with our boarding neighbors. We were on the verge of conducting business, but if you are their superior, then I will divert my request to you. On behalf of B'halia, I would like to purchase this King's Thread, along with everything else offered you have in your present inventory.”
He faced the Jo’ro noticing the damaged dagger and the still humming thread. He smirked slightly. At the mentioning of Ar’gen being his superior that slight smirk became smile that was almost accompanied by a flagrant chuckle but he managed to eat his response and simply raised his hand in dismissal of the very notion.

“There is only one being that exist in this world fit to be considered my superior “

His eyes yielded the same golden glow that Ar’Gen’s did consecrating their place as ”Ascendents”. Beings who though not in possession of the spark of the Djynn Bearers still held uncanny power and have been recognized as paragon sof their respective households. In the event that an emerald king does not produce a true heir( a child born with the spark) during his rule an ascendant may take the throne so long as the ascendant is of that king’s direct bloodline. These heirs have been known to come from to still produce true emerald kings.

Koselik was not only an Ascendant, but one belonging to the Ri’ore household vessels of the only bloodline to produce true heirs. By this design and with the last heir of the emerald king no longer believed to be alive, should the current king fall, Koselik would be the one to sit on the Emerald Throne.

In other words none here were his superior as the emerald king was not in attendance.

“The pair behind me belong to a sister kingdom of the one I hail from. They are a bloodline removed from the Jaida Coast. Housed in the Astral Chaos; The Denkai.”

He had yet to even face the pompous duo behind him speaking now to Del only.

“As if a Kingdom that would relinquish the secrets of its trades its tradition it’s very lifeblood could ever produce something like Kingsthread let alone be considered a superior of mine.”

His finger lit with a thick but small emerald light that the Kings threads would respond to drifting on the wind before straightening into a needle. He tugged that finger toward himself as the needle would accost Koselik piercing the air creating a slight sonic sound before he caught it between his fingers.

“Its very existence is the combined promise and dreams of a people whose blood once fed the very plants that make Vescrutia so green today. It is an art a heirloom. When the very first of our kind laid the first brick that is now a land thriving with ideals of those whose lives brought about its creation. That is the Denkou. Needless to say..”

He said bowing slightly to Del before turning finally to face Ar’gen and Ar’Goven who stood in front of their elaborate parade. His eyes hummed with a ferocious fury being smothered by his pride and respect for his heritage. Had he been met more respectfully he might’ve been inclined to have a civil conversation with them.

But that ship had sailed.

“The thought though, that even if the Denkai were capable of producing Kings thread. That its existence would be reduced to capitalistic commodity, by the greedy derelict nature of the Denkai, who value is based solely of the possession of coin. Well, the grief that does my heart would push me to end my life in all truthfulness, should it become so…common.”

He said as he finally bowed before the royal pair

“Queen Ar’Gen, King Ar’Goven, Under the Arashin’s eye I greet you. By his blessing may you know everlasting peace on this most sunny day”

He turned from them all. The Denkou did not run on currency and had no use for connection from lands outside Madeira. They held no ambition to expand their borders. For Koselik there was simply no merit on cavorting with Del. No rsullying his airspace with the Denkai presence. Just as he was about to leave however a phantom given flesh appeared. Zero Venkage, leader of Neovia.

“A welcomed sight”

He nodded discussing to stick around for but a moment longer. So much sun. Fortunately there was enough shade here for everybody.

Okoye
Drifter

Post by Okoye »

“As if a Kingdom that would relinquish the secrets of its trades, its tradition.. it’s very lifeblood could never produce something like Kingsthread let alone be considered a superior of mine.”

His finger lit with a thick but small emerald light that the Kings threads would respond to drifting on the wind before straightening into a needle. He tugged that finger toward himself as the needle would accost Koselik piercing the air creating a slight sonic sound before he caught it between his fingers.

“Its very existence is the combined promise and dreams of a people whose blood once fed the very plants that make Vescrutia so green today. It is an art.. “

He said bowing slightly to Del before turning finally to face Ar’gen and Ar’Goven who stood in front of their elaborate parade..
“An Isolationist Monarchy..”

Delion noted to himself as the human turned away to convene with the incoming parade of people. One of the main advantages of isolationism is that it usually allows a country to focus on its own domestic issues, such as economic development and social welfare.. By avoiding involvement in international conflicts and alliances, a country can prioritize its own needs and interests. Judging from their opulent garments and wares, the Denkou's metric of success must have been transcendent.. by human standards, or course.

Another advantage of isolationism is that it can reduce the risk of involvement in costly and unpredictable conflicts. This must be why the Empire had not been privy to the Denkou's existence, despite their apparent gift in the art of forgery. By avoiding foreign entanglements, such as the Fosfe’ Incident, a country can reduce the risk of being drawn into conflicts that do not directly impact their national security. However, Delion couldn't keep from smirking to himself.. There was a reason B'halia moved away from very similar practices; hundreds of reasons in fact, all centered around the simple concept that its disadvantages far outweighed its benefits. By avoiding involvement in foreign affairs, the Denkou has stunted its own economic growth and condemned the basic avenue of intellectual expansion. With so few allies, their Kingdom faced an uphill battle addressing global challenges such as war, nuclear proliferation, or an invasion.. The Horsemen were coming after all, so all three crisis were possible. B’halia knows this and is acting accordingly. It was half of the reason Delion was here today.. he wondered what these humans were planning to do. Did they even know? Delion was unsure how long their traditional resolve would withstand the heat of an impending apocalypse.

This Kingsthread was surely more than some commodity.. Delion agreed to that much. However, hearing Koselik say they would never consider selling their resources was unacceptable. He could already hear Emperor Akundae's response to the existence of the Denkou Kingdom and how he would react to Delion's findings of their exceptional resources.. and lack of international support.

“I see..”

Just as he posed to question the Denkou's inherent issues as a lone country within a dying world..
Zero had one chance to make good of this meeting lest the fate of the Jaida Coast and all of Madeira fall squarely onto his shoulders. He avoided the judgmental stares of the Atlanteans and other nonplussed individuals, strutting like he owned the place since technically he did and that's exactly what the B'halian Empire assumed. Why they made that assumption still eluded him, but he had to do something before the party got pooped.

"Well, well, well! The B'halian Empire gracing us with their presence, a momentous occasion for sure," he spoke into the airspace behind Del and the Denkou's contest. "It's been quite some time since your forces have joined us on Madeira, has the memory of Garland Gafren faded from your lore so easily?”
Delion turned his head and bent his neck down toward the toothy smile of the white haired Fae he'd been assigned to speak with. Just as Del was losing hope he'd ever appear.

“Zero Venkage..”

He was smaller than Del imagined a cosmic battery to look like, but B'halian intelligence of Venkage Fae knew them to favor human physiology, despite their daunting genetic superiorities. The glowing amber gaze was a clear giveaway.. that and the immense volume of Naten Delion could feel wafting from him. It was unlike anything he'd been exposed to on Madeira by far.. Delion was almost culturally bound to bow in his presence, the gap between their strength was clear enough to equate him to royalty.. But the ambassador's poker face was unparalleled.

“It is an honor to meet you.. My name is Delion.” He said with a small nod of his head, the only formal gesture he’d given to anyone during his time here. “I am here on behalf of the B’halian Empire and proxy for the great Emperor Akundae. Your existence and level of power is recognized by the eyes of the Mazoku, which is why our Zenith has allowed you the opportunity to join and serve the B'halian Empire.”

He said calmly and professionally, but with a tone that insisted Zero had won something glorious, or been bestowed with godlike responsibility. Delion truly thought so. Especially considering how strong the Mazoku truly were. The Joro clan were smart enough to join The Bhalian Empire after barely losing a few hundred warriors, as were several other powerful tribes and communities.

“With an accord, you will be appointed Soverign of Madeira and tasked with the protection, cultivation, and the economic development of the country as it pertains to the B'halian standard. You will be given the resources, materials and instructions on how to proceed. We understand you bare attachments to the less– the natives of the Jaida Coast, as well as all human borne species within Neovia and associated with its territory. As a small token of his mercy and philanthropic nature, our Zenith will also bestow Madeira with a supply of B'halian Fauna that can serve as a life prolonging medicine for your “people”. Humans exposed to the flowers will develop an organic immunity to all known pathogens, as well as an increase in life expectancy, and prevention of chromosomal and genetic based disease. But this is only on account that you, Zero Venkage will maintain peace among them.. The humans are to be governed under your care, and your care alone.”

He droned on, expecting Zero to be receptive and cheerful on such a momentous day. Delion was truthfully honored to see him in person. The surname Venkage was definitely revered enough to make it into their history books, albeit as a figure illustrating the dangers of unchecked foreign power. Zero was known to have killed pure blooded Mazoku soldiers, a feat that struck petrifying fear into anyone not borne of the prestigious bloodline. It made sense why Emperor Akundae would rather bestow him with power than risk losing more of his men simply inciting a full on invasion. Sure it was possible.. the Fosfe’ Insurgency approved how simple it would be for the Mazoku to acquire these lands if it truly became a priority, but the Emperor emphasized the survival of the Mazoku bloodline at all cost. It was why only a single one of them were usually deployed at a time.. Just one of them carried enough to smother thriving continents beneath the bestial sound of their voice.

"All of this is included here in this text." He said as he pulled from the bag hanging from his back, a scroll emblazoned witn the B'halian Crest. The title read "The B'halian Acquisition."

"Our Zenith is going to begin the Second and Final B'halian Acquisitions, which entails the unification of all Fae and Elven borne creatures into a global superpower. And while it is not imperative that you join.. again, the Mazoku recognize your strength and your right to rule where you see fit.. this opportunity will not be given again."

Zero Venkage
Drifter

Post by Zero Venkage »

Okoye wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:19 pm

“Zero Venkage..”

“With an accord, you will be appointed Soverign of Madeira and tasked with the protection, cultivation, and the economic development of the country as it pertains to the B'halian standard. You will be given the resources, materials and instructions on how to proceed. We understand you bare attachments to the less– the natives of the Jaida Coast, as well as all human borne species within Neovia and associated with its territory. As a small token of his mercy and philanthropic nature, our Zenith will also bestow Madeira with a supply of B'halian Fauna that can serve as a life prolonging medicine for your “people”. Humans exposed to the flowers will develop an organic immunity to all known pathogens, as well as an increase in life expectancy, and prevention of chromosomal and genetic based disease. But this is only on account that you, Zero Venkage will maintain peace among them.. The humans are to be governed under your care, and your care alone.”

"All of this is included here in this text." He said as he pulled from the bag hanging from his back, a scroll emblazoned witn the B'halian Crest. The title read "The B'halian Acquisition."

"Our Zenith is going to begin the Second and Final B'halian Acquisitions, which entails the unification of all Fae and Elven borne creatures into a global superpower. And while it is not imperative that you join.. again, the Mazoku recognize your strength and your right to rule where you see fit.. this opportunity will not be given again."
Zero’s jaw was dropped for the entirety of the Del’ion’s monologue. What he thought was going to be a ceiled declaration of war turned out to be far worse than that. It seemed the B’halian Empire already designated Zero as the “Sovereign of Madeira” as they put it, ruling over the continent with nothing more than a handshake, he presumed. This accord, with all the different perks it laid out for the Humans of Madeira, came with a massive caveat that Zero on any planet and most planes of existence would have rejected outright.

Zero opened the scroll and scanned it with a skeptical eye, his face curled in confusion.

“Nmnmnmn Accord… mmm rule? Human fodder? Nmnmn… Oh, extended life, okaaaay…. All under the banner of the B’halian Empire. Huh…”

Running over the written details of the B’halian Accord and Akundae’s edict, they seemed to cover all the bases when it comes to occupying a land, but fealty to the Empire is not something Zero could speak to for the rest of his guests at the festival. He snapped the scroll shut and took a big sigh, scanning the crowd’s faces, looking more confused than he did.

He was brought back to the scene almost a decade ago, as scorched Atlantean viscera were washed away with the Jaida Coast’s lapping tides the morning after Skyfall. Had he or the Atlanteans of Mares Vidas met one another before their covert strike, the tragedy may have never happened. Of course, it was his own short sightedness that brought him to the coast anyway, searching for a place to revive the Spirit of Arcturus away from most prying eyes and the seedy types who frequented Arcturus in search of power and glory, nothing more. Plenty of times he’d witnessed slaves thrown into The Crucible to fight for another man’s glory, to bring their dreams to life, and he wished to distill the light of hope into a beacon to attract only the brightest and most worthy of stars. He thought it a way to undo some decades worth of his own treachery on the high and low seas of Vescrutia, his own form of penance for the crimes he committed in the name of ‘justice’. And it was this sense of ‘justics’ that brought some of Arcturus living structure with him, a timeless structure said to withstand any force put upon it proved false in the face of a cosmic entity. Of Vescrutia, no single force could mar the structure. After The Fall, nothing was certain but uncertainty and Zero’s penance wrought havoc for his new neighbors.

How was he supposed to know using a few pebbles would create a semi-timeless structure of the ever-evolving citadel? How was he supposed to know Jaidans had a no new friends rule?

In retrospect, and in memoriam, he saw the error of his ways as his capricious nature left a path of destruction most places he went, only a select few crossed paths with him and remained unscathed. What he thought was a fun adventure with a bright future held consequences far beyond what he thought was his scope of influence. Nothing less than grueling work, dedication, and conscious thought and understanding brought him to head The Conservatory. Years of training with the Lucis Acolytes, learning from the Humans and Elvs that lived here revealed to them a new future for their communities. Without the support of the people and individuals like Simon Gafren and Subori and their own people backing them, he could never have restored a workable peace to the region after he upended it himself. Still, he could only speak for The Conservatory, it puzzled him how The B’halian Empire could even find him to designate him their “Sovereign of Madeira.”

And here he stood in the face of one of, if not THE premier force on Vescrutia, having successfully consolidated their continent under singular rule and looking to stretch their legs into the other realms. They too left carnage in their wake, the stories and tales involving them and their treatment of Humans bordered on legendary and Zero’s own personal experience grounded them in reality. He knew they meant every word.

“Ok, I’ll have to drop the flowery language for a second. Bro, what?”

As the voice of The Conservatory, the answer was hell no. But The Conservatory wasn’t the republic head of this region, they only acted as intermediaries for their neighbors to share culture and time with one another to help foster a greater community between them to keep tragedies like Skyfall or the Fosfe Incident from happening again.

Zero held up the scroll and turned to the crowd gathered around them, no longer speaking to Del, but to his friends and neighbors.

“Aye, yo, I don’t know how you all feel about this guy’s offer. I’m a simple man with simple goals, like throwing a party once a year where we can all get together and have some fun without worrying about what tomorrow might bring, because we know it’s gonna bring a good day. As your newest neighbor and head of The Conservatory, I can only speak for myself when I say…”

He turns to Del and points at him with the end of the scroll emblazoned with the B’halian crest.

“We’re gonna have to talk about these terms if you want me as your Sovereign of Madeira or whatever, but I don’t think you’re here to really negotiate.”

Zero turns back to address the crowd with a resounding voice and open arms.

“But what say you, my friends? Would you really want to serve under the B’halian Empire? Well, I guess, under me with limitless life and these guys stalking around able to do with you as they see fit? I’ll let you take a look at their offer, but I don’t know… Seems a bit too good to be true.”

And in his experience most things were. Opportunities like this don’t just drop in one’s lap without some great conditional terms and agreements, with the B’halian Empire’s history with the coast and ther own continental consolidation, they weren’t to be trusted. They ruled with an iron fist, snuffing out opposition and undesirables at a moment’s notice. Although their peaceful excursion brought them here today, the next time they meet, only time would tell if they would retain the same grace. Zero tossed the scroll to Simon to get a good once over of it for the sake of his people. They would be the most affected by this accord, so he wanted him to see the terms first hand.

The Conservatory
Drifter

Post by The Conservatory »

Hearing Zero take on the Empire’s request of acquisition almost made him tear up. Simon spent quite a lot of time with Zero in the recent years, introducing him to the Gafren Tribes lifestyle, working with him to understand the perspective of the Atlanteans and other Elvenkind that inhabit the coast and Zero was a quick learner. He had a thirst for understanding that seemed to outgrow his eye for wonder that brought him to the place. Describing the journey he took from Arcturus to here was an epic tale all its own and garnered Zero the respect of the Gafren Tribes, even in spite of the damage done to their neighbors. Even now, he had grown into a gracious leader who Simon was proud to work under in the Conservatory, having traded the stake of his own reputation with his people on Zero’s character. This moment made it all worth it as he went over the scroll emblazoned with the B’halian Crest for himself, turning to his people who were gathered here. They, along with their urizen looked it over with disgust. A few gestures, shakes and nods and they handed it over to the Titanians of the Nogirs jungle who held their hands up in abstinence. They didn’t need to see the accord themselves to deny it. From there, Simon handed it over to the Denkou, their neighbors in the Jaida Heights. They could make their own decision for their own people.

It was interesting to Simon, though, the care with which they made distinct terms for Humans and Elvs of the Jaida Coast and for the rest of the continent. Even with the benefits, extended life and health, no amount of health or wealth could bring reparations for the lives lost at the Fosfe Incident, nor make them believe that they would hold up their end of the bargain in the face of dissent. Humans would be locked into an agreement where their fealty and extended life would be used as the Empire saw fit, handed down from their Sovereign of the continent.

Absolutely not.

Simon spoke up and stepped forward for the Gafren, “The Gafren will serve under no Sovereign appointed by the B’halian Empire.”

Okoye
Drifter

Post by Okoye »

He turns to Del and points at him with the end of the scroll emblazoned with the B’halian crest.

“We’re gonna have to talk about these terms if you want me as your Sovereign of Madeira or whatever, but I don’t think you’re here to really negotiate.”
“I can understand your cynicism, but the contrary couldn't be more true. If our Zenith didn't mean every word written on that scroll, it would not be me he would've assigned as his proxy.. You know as well as I that if the Mazoku want something bad enough, they will go and get it themselves.”

Delion said as his gaze glossed over the roiling crowd.
This moment made it all worth it as he went over the scroll emblazoned with the B’halian Crest for himself, turning to his people who were gathered here. They, along with their urizen looked it over with disgust. A few gestures, shakes and nods and they handed it over to the Titanians of the Nogirs jungle who held their hands up in abstinence. They didn’t need to see the accord themselves to deny it. From there, Simon handed it over to the Denkou, their neighbors in the Jaida Heights. They could make their own decision for their own people.
Their disapproval only grew louder as he continued to speak, but he was unbothered. While he did find their skepticism of Akundae's promises of peace distasteful, they were not at all unwarranted. The Mazoku Tribe were the sole rulers of an entire continent and that was not achieved through diplomatic negotiations. They were conquerors. Warriors. Each Mazoku soldier had been conditioned from birth into elite weapons individually capable of bringing entire countries to their knees. In fact, during times of war the Empire would deploy a single soldier at a time to act as their vanguard. Just the sight of one beyond B'halian borders can be considered an act of war, seeing as how they literally became harbingers of death.

“The B'halian Empire has no need for duplicity. I assure you this is something more. Unprecedented. As the Sovereign of Madeira, there would be no need for any on-site presence of the B'halian Empire within the country.. So long as your fealty to the Empire remains as imperishable as your love for these– your people, this country will adhere to the independent predilections of its Sovereign.”

He sounded as if he'd practiced these words a dozen times before finally spitting them out here. There was a sense of pride in his voice- his head held high like an anointed Saint.

“Our Zenith took special care designing these accords; this penmanship is indeed his own handwriting. A testament to his degree of appraisal for your level of strength–”
Simon spoke up and stepped forward, “The Gafren will serve under no Sovereign appointed by the B’halian Empire”
Delion's midnight black eyes trailed over to Simeon, but only for a moment before he smiled.

“-and while it is encouraged, an immediate answer is not imperative. I will return within a year's time for your answer and will address any questions you or your council may conceive in the interim. Now, unto the final matter.. a recent development that, with your help, can help tailor the nature of our return to Madeira."

Delion retrieved another scroll from his bag, one far thinner than the B'halian Accords. Instead of exposition, it was simply a detailed image of a young woman.

"This is an illustration of fugitive; an escapee from a B'halian Detention Facility that our sources have tracked here to Madeira. We have reason to believe they have been using the Jaida Coast for shelter and would like to appreciate any information that lead to their capture. She may seem human, but she is volatile and incredibly dangerous. Have you seen this person?"

Return to “The Market Square”