Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

photo 2bebabac-5d83-4364-aaec-f592b645e862_zps021ddb0e.jpg Shinta's Kitchen

Character Of the Week

Valentine

Board index » The Astral Chaos » Chatoic Ranges » Testament Palace; Fountain of Enlightenment

Post subject: Backfire
 Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:48 am 
Void Chunin: Class D

Unique Trait: Nuclear Fusion
Sex: Female
The frigid ocean breeze and pungent scent of searing flesh wafted into Cleff's Lab through Koudo's dimensional portal, carrying with it a barely clothed O'roura holding her broken body together through will and grit. She dashed through the gate fast and reckless, stumbling unto the sleek, metallic floor of the technological palace in her rush. She was shivering from fear and severe loss of blood/chakra, but she wasn't going to succumb to shock just yet. Bitting her lip, O'ra pushed herself up and propelled herself to Cleff's mother computer.

She managed to injure Zolof but he would undoubtedly pursue her once his chakra reserves replenished. And the only thing separating them from each other was Koudo's portal, which she had absolutely no control.

Ngh, Koudo! If you're still here, shut the fucking gate!

O'roura shouted loud enough to carry her voice through the many avenues and corridors throughout the mechanical sanctuary, but only the whirrs and whispers of gears cranking responded. Like always, she felt like she was on her own but this time, she had access to a massive computer. With her chakra so desperately low, her only chance to cement her escape from Zolof would be to access the laboratory's defensive measures, i.e. Its cloaking protocols. But O'ra barely remembered anything watching Koudo surf through the infinite digital volumes of Cleff's files, she was mostly just caught in whimsical awe. But how much clicking would she need to do to trigger a security lock down?

Post subject: Re: Backfire
 Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2016 3:32 pm 
Diviner-Level Member
Diviner-Level Member

Unique Trait: Infestation Release
Faction: Myself
Sex: Male
"Yep."

Koudo answered from behind O'roura, swiping his right hand left to close the rift and sealing it by running his thumb down the seam to secure the inside of the lab from the sea for the foreseeable future. The earth shattering clash of titans had been too much for the simple shadow clone that'd been with her to take, and Koudo had to hustle over, in physical form, understanding this situation was out of the capacity for a clone, especially one drained by summoning.

Once again, his appearance had altered, but not by much, save for a change of clothes that O'roura looked like she needed far more than he did. It wasn't important, her wounds and hysteria were, and Koudo rushed after her to Cleff's main hub, still occupied by Sai, and placed a hand to her back.

He didn't really understand the scope and magnitude of the situation. The clone had been dispatched fairly early on, but O'roura's chakra levels were dangerously low and her wounds more than severe. He was the farthest thing from a medic, and his healing technique was highly invasive and painful, if resisted and rushed, but he really didn't think he could afford to wait for an okay.

"Don't bite your tongue, you have to tell me what's going on."

His chakra aura flared to life with a shimmering blue color that threatened to engulf O'roura and invade any open orifice with ruthless aggression. If successful, she'd feel a connection between herself and Koudo, as well as the feeling of someone physically forcing her bones back into place, shifting her organs around, and sewing the gashes and cuts she may have suffered closed. Any injuries suffered before recently would take a much deeper dive, one Koudo didn't plan on making, it was hard enough resisting the urge to steal information from her mind.

Last edited by Koudo Tamura on Wed May 11, 2016 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:28 am 

Instinct instisted that O'roura turn around as quickly as the gods would allow and deliever a reflexive haymaker clean through Koudo's mandible. Fear and primal impulse were her only captains with her adrenaline this high and so far they steered her through the valleys of hell and back. Practicality was a foreign memory, but Koudo's distinctive voice caressed a nerve. She curled and bit down on her lip once infested with Koudo's chakra.

Nnngh!!

Her shriek was sharp, challenged, and quick. The crunching sensation of realigning a broken skeleton felt worse than the initial affliction. It was unnatural, but a feeling familiar to a Promethean. It took her a second to catch her breath..

"Shattered ulna, shattered radius, fractured humerus, a wicked headache.. Fuck..and barely any answers. How much did you see?"

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:30 am 
Diviner-Level Member
Diviner-Level Member

Her emotions were running high, fueled by fear and stress. Koudo kept steady and firm, her rampant emotions would have highly negative effects if he allowed them to influence him while they were so intimately connected. The Infestation wasn't a technique of pure dominance, but an equivalent exchange when shared between powerful personalities.

She held strong, good, the process was faster that way. Koudo directed her innards like a skilled surgeon. He'd been performing the same procedures on himself, passively, for years now, whenever he sustained heavy injury. Her itemization helped.

He shook his head.

"Just up to the initial appearance of whatever that thing was. It took the rest of the time for me to get here."

Surely, he hadn't seen enough. If only he'd sectioned off Wei, then maybe he would have been able to see more, but he hadn't thought O'roura would end up in such dire circumstances. Originally, they were only going to his garage to inspect the ship Savaj had asked for.

He lifted his hand from her back, extracting most of his chakra once he was finished fixing her up. She wasn't exactly perfect, but she was good enough for the time being. A quick rest and some food would do the rest of the job, if they even had time for something like that, which he expected they probably didn't.

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:16 pm 

"All of that information from Cleff's computer backfired quick. I was so eager to explore and get my hands on all this stuff I forgot-- nngh!

• She tried to be tough, but that shit really did hurt. Not the unholy surgical procedure of Koudo's infestation chakra mending her skeleton but the feeling of him withdrawing his hand. Her body was wasted and considerably malnourished, forcing O'ra's organ systems to resort to more aggressive methods of sustainability. She hadn't been aware of all of them, but what she learned about the Promethean biological response system was heinous.

Whenever their bodies reverted to normal size after an episode, the inner parasite of the genus is exposed. Typically their species hoard incredible reservoirs of chakra digested from various forms of absorbed energy, which appropriately fuels the Nova Reaver transformation. But O'roura's new ocular developments and their solar leveled abilities drained her dry, causing her pores to mutate into tiny leeches when exposed to another source of energy i.e. Koudo's palm. They were drinking up while Koudo healed her, drawing far more chakra than this samaritan may have intended to part with. It pricked him when he pulled away, nothing considerable but worthy of an explanation and apology. But it reallllly hurt her.

"Sorry.. I'm still trying to get a handle on this crazy shit but I can't control some stuff, a lot of stuff actually."

Her voice was beaten but not defeated. O'roura turned to properly address Koudo and her cyan colored eyes glistened. She recently adopted tateptum lucidum since their last encounter so they sparkled like chrome lenses. They passively pierced through Koudo's skin like x rays lenses, revealing muscles tissue, his skeleton, his circulatory and chakra network, and.. she averted her eyes to the extra pair of clothes before she visual deflowered him further. •

"..And thank you."

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:51 am 
Diviner-Level Member
Diviner-Level Member

The prick offered a minuscule, pretty much negligible, amount of mild pain, but it didn't go unnoticed. Koudo looked down at his hand, inspecting his fingers for any visible signs of punctures before they would regenerate to status quo. Noticing nothing of note, he figured it was more metaphysical in nature.

"It's fine, but I need to know what had you in hysterics."

He opened and shut his hand a couple of times before looking over O'roura to the main screen of Cleff's central hub, where Sai still remained. All of the information that O'roura had asked for was still plastered over the thing, but Koudo really couldn't make heads or tails of any of it. All he knew for sure, with the small amount of carnage that he'd seen, was that O'roura was packing a lot of baggage.

For now, he reached down to around his waist and undid the belt buckle for the animal pelt and pulled it off, along with his tunic of a top.

"Here, put these on, unless you brought another outfit. Careful though, they're heavy."

While light, practically weightless, to him, they were still articles of clothing meant specifically for the use of a dragon. He didn't doubt O'roura's strength, not after seeing momentary glimpse of the behemoth that she could become, but it was better to warn her in advance. He dropped the top and animal pelt skirt to the ground with a robust thud.

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:46 pm 

While she was incomparably more powerful in her Reaver form, O'roura was no stranger to weight training. The tribe of monks who raised her conditioned every child to become muses of their shaolin technique. She grabbed the heavy garments from the floor with grunt or two and dressed herself, buckling the belt last.

She took a sigh of relief and plopped back down on the chair with an appropriate thud, her vacuous stare stuck on the massive computer screen. She couldn't help but groan a bit while brushing her hair out of her face.

Back to the drawing board.

"Okay, so.. This guy has been hunting me for at least a year now. He was old as dirt but crazy strong the first time I met him. I-- he transformed too so he must be like me, but according to Cleff's documents.. The guy would have to be several thousand years old."

O'roura was massaging her recently repaired right arm inbetween her words, getting out as much physical therapy she could before she had to flex again.

"He found me at the shoreline of Acselle Sea, I don't know how but I think he can track me. It's been awhile since he confronted me but he must have been following me.. Using me to searching for the citadel.

He told me, 'It can't be killed', before he transformed. Like he was warning me but.. I had to destroy the gate. I finally found it and he made me fucking blow it up!! Ugh!"

O'roura double face palmed and shouted into her hands. She didn't have a choice in the matter. It was either kill him before he killed her, and O'roura doubted her strength. She dubbed it priority to make sure that he never crossed that threshold but she felt the price she paid may have been more of a detriment than anything.

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:25 pm 
Diviner-Level Member
Diviner-Level Member

Once liberated of his shirt, Koudo stood with his arms folded and his back to O'roura until she was finished getting dressed, not that he didn't steal glances. He turned back around once she began her explanation of the situation and exactly what transpired after his clone had been dispatched, and he was right.

Lot of baggage.

He stroked at his chin and the five o'clock shadow that he was sporting, with a pensive glare at the computer screen. He really wasn't entirely sure what to tell her about her situation, or whether she'd done the right thing, and tried to put himself in her shoes and determine what he would have done in the same situation. Only, it was easy for him to do that, since he'd dealt with something similar, except he hadn't been hunted, wasn't told much of anything about himself, and failed at accomplishing anything as concrete as O'roura had in stopping her bogeyman from reaching the sacred place of her people?

Rough.

He sighed deeply, finding that the only logical course of action was to shut this place up and move on before her tracker could find her again. Best way to do that was to get out of here as fast as possible as well. As far as commenting on her situation was concerned...

"I think you made the right decision. With the way things are now, you can't trust that people after you won't fib a little. You won the day, find comfort in that, at the very least. Sai, I'm gonna need you to go ahead and activate lockdown procedures, whatever they are, and pronto if our friend here is still being tracked."

Sai: Affirmative.

Koudo nodded his head, watching the miniature Sai, on the computer screen, disappear to dig deep into the systems of the facility and figure out how to work the security protocols. He could do it himself, by taking control of the entire facility with his chakra, but he rather not taint the last tangible memory of Cleff in the world by erasing his mark from the castle, completely, and transforming it into Château Tamura. He might scoff at and spit on the Tensei name, but Cleff remained the last good friend he could remember from the entire lineage of tyrants and monsters, besides Chita~. He got a little hot just thinking about her.

To say nothing of the fact that the people keeping eyes and ears to the ground, searching for signs of his own shenanigans, would thoroughly consider the ramifications of Koudo seizing the mechanical fortress of technological majesty and liberating it from Astral Territory. Suffice it to say that it could be spun as a hostile action and Koudo didn't need anymore fuzz breathing down his damn neck, nor to attract unwanted attention to Savaj and Shinta. He had no beef, he could think of, with the Kingdom of Chaos and wanted to keep it that way.

He turned to O'roura, offering very little besides an outstretched hand and a smile.

"As for you, little lady, I think we should motor back to Savvy- I mean, your mentor's place. If he's been helping you piece together what everything about you truly means, then he's definitely gonna need to hear about this. Probably needs to hear about this several thousand year old predator hunting you too. Worst case scenario, we'll have to take 'em out after our mission, partner. Copacetic?"

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:46 pm 

"..Yeah, yeah."

She hesistated to smile, but her hands slid off her face and she couldn't help it. O'ra took his hand and pulled herself to her feet, but she looked passed Koudo's chiseled dragonic physique and back at the computer.

"Uhh, you think I can download those files concerning Promethean history? I hope you don't mind but if I walk out of this place empty handed then I'll have to come back when you're not around."

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:54 pm 
Diviner-Level Member
Diviner-Level Member

Koudo couldn't help a chuckle.

"I'd be insulted if you didn't. In fact, here."

He didn't hesitate to feed her the memorized information through the contact of their hands. While not as severe as an information nuke that telepaths could drop on anyone's brain at a moment's notice, it was a substantial information dump. There wouldn't be a need to physically download the data when she could just recall it now like it was common knowledge to her.

He rose his hand to block the side of mouth from the computer screen, as if he was trying to hide a secret from Sai.

"Truth is, I'm gettin' a new gun outta this trip. It's gonna be pretty sweet."

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 4:45 pm 

O'ra blinked a few times, and she could visualize the few hundred pages of documents as if she'd studied them her whole life. Her smile peaked when she turned to thank Koudo, but the he said..

New toys?

"Caaaan I have your old one? Orr like, the specs to it?"

She knew sne was pushing it, but she definitely could use an upgrade to her arsenal. Which had reached zero since she lost her sabre in her first fight Zolof. She was already an established archer during her childhood, and she was more than educated on weaponry and firearms. While she never used a gun before, it wouldn't be that much of a challenge right?

"You can think of it as a birthday present."

Her nineteenth. Besides, how could you say no to those almond eyes? They were already a radiant emerald but now they glistened like jade stars.

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:04 pm 
Diviner-Level Member
Diviner-Level Member

Koudo recoiled, quickly, placing a hand to his chest and clutching at his heart like O'roura had just stabbed him deep with a treacherous dagger. Asking for Lady Blue, once named Lucky, was like asking for him to give up his first born. It pierced his soul deeper than any chidori could pierce his tough dragonic hide.

He staggered back a couple steps before recovering himself with a solid puff.

"Birthday present or not, I can't give you my first love. Lady Blue's been with me since before the beginning. To see her in the hands of another would break my heart."

He shook his head as a eardrum shattering siren began to bellow, their sign to scurry, once the light's switched to red alert. Sai had found the lockdown systems, that much was clearly certain. Koudo ripped a rift in time and space from him and O'roura to pass through.

"I can build you a toy though, there was a design for two guns, but I don't think the person the other one was meant for will accept it, especially not from me."

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:18 pm 

"Hehe, I'll take it."

Ora said excitedly like it was an auction. But when the alarm went off and Koudo opened the portal, she wuickly remembered what was going on. She quickly sped through the portal.

Board index » The Astral Chaos » Chatoic Ranges » Testament Palace; Fountain of Enlightenment