Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

photo 2bebabac-5d83-4364-aaec-f592b645e862_zps021ddb0e.jpg Shinta's Kitchen

Character Of the Week

Valentine

Board index » Cafe VezSkroosh » Vescrutia's Archive » Moirai University » Miju District » Mess Hall

Post subject: [Free for All] But Why?
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:51 am 

Sex: Female
[[Anyone who is in the University, or has reason to visit, is welcome to this thread.]]

"But honestly," Tea gestured toward the four walls that contained them with a fork, just recently relieved of its pasta burden. She took a moment to swallow the delicious morsel before continuing. "Why in the world is it so quiet here? We basically have all the defenses we could ever ask for against the big baddies, and what? People aren't flocking here?"

A puzzling question to be sure, one that raised questions about all sorts of ethics that governed this place. Sure, ultimately, it was the choice of the people, first and foremost... But she only knew of this place after she started showing magical potential after a freak accident.

"Do they just not know?"

She questioned a few students that were eating at the same table, a couple that she knew from her classes and could even consider friends, and a few she didn't recognize. The mess hall wasn't just for the students, but their families often came around for some grub as well. So far, there weren't many civilians that had claimed sanctuary here, presumably because of the plaza's remote and polar location.

Post subject: Re: [Free for All] But Why?
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:15 am 
Talim :: Dreamer|Sleeper

Unique Trait: Storm Release
Sex: Male
I walked into the mess hall with nothing but a glance at the rest of the room, I didn't expect to know anybody in the school besides the guy that told me about the place and I hadn't seen him anywhere. My attention was bound intimately to the book in my hands anyway, walking towards the food service area I did wonder if I would run into that guy again if only to tell him he wasn't a total waste of space. Instead I almost ran into every student between me and the food.

I didn't see anything I had a taste for among the unrecognizable choices, thankfully they had pizza. I grabbed a few slices before getting a pop to go with it. I had the book I was reading tucked under the arm I was holding the plate with while I looked around the room.

I was lucky to get here during the lunch hour, there was nothing else here for me, the library however had taken up most of my time. There was no taking my mind off this book, I looked for a seat at a table that was pretty empty so I could dive into it again.

Walking through the tables I was sure I looked like a weirdo stranger to these kids. My trench was unbuttoned at the moment but beneath it looked as if the scarf around my neck never ended. Bristling from the inside was all darkness, as if the inside shadow of my cloak was a define barrier, my scarf was all that showed though draping all the way down across my waist.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:28 pm 

The appearance of just another guy, no matter how strange his fashion choices were, wouldn't derail the conversation... After all, this was vescrutia; a miniature t-rex man could waltz through the door right now and would barely earn a batted eyelash his way. Tea herself, though, had attracted a good amount of attention, and continued with a slightly louder tone for those that happened to overhear.

"I know I have my family here to protect them, and a lot of you do too. Why do we just stop there when there are people being slaughtered every day by these assholes hell-bent on bringing the apocalypse? It's just not right. We have to start spreading the word."

A girl who wore her thick pink hair in long ringlets raised her slightly darker brows, posed with a half-eaten apple in her palm. Being one of the senior students, she knew it was well within her capabilities to be a messenger, but...

"Just one problem, hun. Anyone close enough to get here on their own is already here, if they want to be. How could you raise people's hopes like that just to have them die halfway through the polar plaza?"

"Yeah," a lad clad in orange (which clashed horribly with his dark skin tone) added, moving to pick up his tray on his way to leave. "As students, it's not like we're gunna have the magic to get a whole village of people here, not at the rate that people would come."

The pink haired girl resumed, watching the younger boy sneer and head for the dish line with a small frown. "And we don't really see the teachers much. Half of our lessons are cobbled together with subs so the others can go off to their war meetings or try to find family. And even with full blown mages, it's still not sustainable."

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:01 pm 
Moirai Student :: Chuunin Level Member

Unique Trait: Primal Sharingan...
Bond Release....
Faction: Void Village
Alignment: Good
"Probably because they're all afraid..."

A voice stern yet somewhat light in tone echoed briefly as he ushered if it was ok for him to take a seat at their table. Shabuto had been part of the academy for not to long, having left the village in search of some personal information he had only recently returned to support the school, only thing is he wasn't sure on how to do that. So he had become stagnant. But this conversation seemed to be slowly but surely igniting a flare within the heart of the Morai students. It didn't take a sharingan for him to see that much.

"I mean most of the teachers and long standing shinobi have long forsaken this place. Even when this place was the dusk, some of the greats tended to their own affairs...Khrona included."

He imagined that the mentioning of their former kages' name would invoke a sense of worry within his fellows classmates hearts and minds, but everyone here practically knew Shabuto and that he never bit his tongue...for anyone or for any reason. His always red mirrors narrowed slightly before a brief sigh left him. His attire was rather casual today. Simple black jogging gear hinting at the fact that he had finished an exercise routine and came to lunch to wind down.

"We were all battling demons then...even him, unfourtanly the fear and neglect of the school was the aftermath."

Spoiler: show

Shabuto's Aura

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:21 pm 
Moirai Student :: Jounin Level Member

Unique Trait: N/A
This type of banter wasn't really out of the norm round Moirai. It floated around from tongue to ear but no one had the gas to ignite the engine when the pedal was put to the floor. Tyrande suffered from the same disease. She came from the Veritas, registered, her papers were still being processed, but all else around here circled endlessly in perpetuity. This utopia wasn't making the least big of difference when the worlds end was right outside their doorstep. Which was why she was in the corner doing what she did best, sleeping. The food around her was finished, there were a few books here and there, handpicked not for their content but for the comfort of their covers. She snored lightly and would probably go snooze somewhere else once she awakens from her nap, if the ball didn't get rolling.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:16 pm 

There was one side of the room quiet enough to do some reading, I absently drifted over there. Once I situated my bag comfortably on my back I pulled my book back out before I even got a chance to sit down. It read about the atmosphere and it's relationship with lightning. Honestly the ins and outs of squeezing lightning out of them were all throughout the book. I didn't know why I didn't come here first. There were different mediums, symbology I could use, it went on forever.

Until I tripped, well a book wasn't much to trip over but it sure went skidding across the floor to the wall next to the napping woman. Hmm, wonder if she's ok. She looked comfortable enough, I kept going to the table a few lengths away from that particular corner. I sat down with a kind look around at the other occupants of the mess hall. However I immediately return to my book while stuffing a slice a pizza in my mouth.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:23 pm 

As one, the table comically peered to look directly at the Elf Witch snoozing in the corner. Disappointment rolled off them in waves until a fresh face offered a new perspective. Tea, for one, wasn't going to accept that at face value.

"I wouldn't be so quick to call everyone a coward. Hell, I'm scared, because this thing is so far out of our league that we barely even register on it's radar." The petite girl shifted to face the Uchiha, perched with one leg off as she straddled the bench. "Khrona was an ass that got a fair number of us killed. Nearly got my Uncle, and he has to try to make a living wrangling beasts without his right arm... Or any clients. Because they're all dead."

Just about every gaze hardened at that table, each individual remembering their own losses at the whim of some head honcho or another, trying to prove they were something great or just... Trying to prove something in general. They jumped as Tea suddenly smacked the table with her fist hard enough for dishes and utensils to clatter.

"Fuck it. If they aren't going to start looking out for the little guys, we're going to have to do it ourselves."

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:46 pm 

Bond Release....
"Tch!!"

Shabuto sucked his teeth in distaste for the first part of her words, his head swiftly lend left as a fork almost gouged his right eye out.

"Who said anything about anyone being a coward?!"

He said slamming his hand on the table near the vicinity of her clenched fist. The surrounding people retained their surprise. Shabuto wasn't really much of a communicator through words so it wasn't to surprising that something he said got taken outta context. But he never wanted to seem as if he was an oppressive force working against anyone other than their enemies.

"There isn't anything wrong about being afraid of something,I'm scared shitless, long has my devotion remained to this land way before this school came about, but everything I loved was torn the hell away from me in an instant...but it's only when we allow that fear to keep us back that it becomes a burden."

Taking his hand up from the table,he would raise it glaring at his palms as if searching for answers to everyone questions. He resonated with the drive within her, she had known the pain of loss, they all had. And because of this Shabuto wanted to help come up with someway somehow of fighting back against the things that sought harm for this school.

"Khrona's selfishness caused alot of good people to lose their lives and their dreams. But we don't have to allow their wills to die here. Fuck i'm sure there something we can all do to prepare ourselves and defend what little we have left."

Shabuto's Aura

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:42 pm 

"mmh?"

Some cacophony full of resolve flicked Tyrande's pointed ears. She groaned and rolled her head to the side to give her a periscopes eye view of what was going on. Someone she had never seen before was on a soap box, which would only bring the naysayers. But if there was anything that could get her, and the rest of the populace to listen it was what caused her ears to flick next. The name Khrona. It commanded attention, not out of respect, but out of shared pain. Everyone felt wounded, slighted, betrayed and abandoned and the other guy didn't do much to help either. This whole clusterfuck of government actually made Tyrande lose sight of her own goals and aspirations. Why would she even get worked up again if the flames would just grow to embers after a while. Here we go again...

"There's a school therapist for people like you."

She spoke more so the wall, but if sound waves could fly, and the did, they would bounce off the wall and smack Shabuto in the face. Not out of disrespect. She didn't mean any harm, but that kid had a lot of pent up aggression he needed to get hashed out. It sounded like everyone needed a breather.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:38 pm 

Tea actually found herself laughing. One, for the ridiculousness in this random dude she'd only just met, trying to get himself killed, and two, for the joke at his expense. Honestly, who did he think he was? She turned away from him, shaking her head with a scoff.

"I'm not talkin' about being loyal cannon fodder. I'm talking about saving people. Loyalty to a nation has done me nothin' good. Loyalty to the people around me, though? That's given me some of the best experiences of my whole life."

It didn't help that he was looking at his palms like they held the answer to life, neither. Honestly, it gave off the vibe of a crazy person. Alright, the aggression made sense, then.

"Our defenses here are sound. That's been proven with curse of the Insanity, and it'll hold against the Horsemen too. We just gotta get everyone that can't take care of themselves here. I'm talking the civilians that are getting decimated just because they're in the way."

Even the pink-haired girl had to give a little sound of agreement, but she did follow it up to push the discussion forward.

"But again... How are we going to do that?" She asked, leaning in a bit. "Even with everyone here working on magic supply, we're going to work ourselves to exhaustion, and eventually any system we put in place will fall apart."

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:49 pm 

A towel draped around the back of her glowing neck, Mana's magnificent eyes glided to the source of all this hub-bub with an innocent air of curiosity. The loud noises of fists in tables had drawn her from the hallway to the grand entryway of the mess while she'd been on her way back from meditation. It was getting to be around that time now, time for her to journey forth into who the heck knows where space, but she still had a little bit more time to straighten out a couple last minute things, and sever some of her last ties with Vescrutia.

She raised one hand from the towel she held and waved toward Tea and her following.

"Hey, I can help with that."

I mean... Why not? She'd made pathways to distant planets. Things like across the continent wouldn't even cause her to bat an eyelash. She hadn't caught the full extent of the conversation, but at her core, Mana had always desired to help people... And it was abundantly clear to anyone so magically inclined that the Goddess held incredible amounts of power within her. More, maybe, than even her father.

"I mean, I made warp stones before that grab the holder and plop 'em to set coordinates before. Only problem is Hollin-- Er, I mean Moirai won't just let anyone in. I'd have to talk to my dad..."

Speaking with Maze. Gosh, she didn't want to tackle saying goodbye to him yet. Out of everyone, he would be the most likely to be able to catch up with her on his travels again, but it still tugged at her heartstrings to know that she was leaving home again soon, this time maybe for good... And the toughest part? It was totally of her own free will this time.

Mana felt so suffocated down here on the planet's surface, like she was being constricted from all sides. Was her claustrophobia getting worse? Gosh, she hoped not.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:06 am 
Magistrate of Alchemic Knowledge :: Anbu Level Member

Unique Trait: Gentai
The Doors of the mess hall would fling open. Three figures came in. Behind them shined a bright light. The wore long hooded cloaks that stopped just before their ankles. They walked in unison. A tall man, a average size boy and girl. The three of them walked over to the table and just sat. At first they paid no mind to the group of young people indulged in the conversation at hand.

The man would chuckle at all that was going on. However, they all did make valid points. But it all played one key fact. This place was feared. As it has always been. This place was somewhere you had no filtering. The University is a prison in which was made on top of the place of freedom.

"Hmph.."

The man would stand to his feet and rrmove his hood. He revealed himself. He was well-known by all who attended the school; and those outside it. He had plush milk chocolate hair, smooth tan skin, and deep dark ocean blue eyes. He was slim built, but muscular toned. At his side rested twin Katana. His cloak was more of a long trench with a hood. Underneath it was his Moirai U teachers uniform. A simple white suit with red tie and black shirt.

Lin, had basically had enough. He loved the place and had done nothing to show his love. But today is different... he had now a chance to speak.

"All of you know nothing... This place was suppose to be a better way to show the people of the Veritas that they are not alone in the world. That no one can control them. And that they gave their own destiny.

All i heard is how Khrona dud this and how he did that.. But at the end of the day.. You're all Stronger, Wiser, Develpoted more from it... Today's people never see the Good in anything. Only the bad. Only what they want to see. But if you all open your eyes you will see.. he made this a better place for all of us. He guided us the best way he knew how. So don't bash him and the decisions he made. But t ake them and learn from it. I did..."

Lin hated when people bad mouth each other especially when the person is there to defend their own. So he had something to say.

"Now.. This place seems to have a bit of 'activity' so Iam guessing the start of winter and spring classes have brought this about.... What can we do.. I say give her life. Not take her away... Clubs, events, different types of things to do. Dance parties, Catered Events, weddings, need i go on... oh and how about a boat or plane or train to get here. Not everyone can teleport.. like me of course. "

Although it was a great deal to see if it was to take a few months he was willing to help.

The man's attention was then turned to the pericing red eyes that sat at the far end of the table... "Sha..Bu..To.."he murmured the man then focused on him. He didn't know what to do just yet. Was it really him??

Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:00 pm 

At this point I couldn't ignore the commotion going on in the other half of the room. It had gathered quite the crowd around the table, it seemed pretty important. I had put my book in my bag with the others before I went to see what was going on, just because I was curious I was peeking around the hooded trio that had just walked in. Chewing on my pizza and leaning on the next table available I realized most of these people had been here a long time.

The emotional investment I felt going along with this conversation was at best described as sweet. It was a little too sweet, I knew nothing of a Veritas, a Khrona, or whatever he did before this school. So none of this really mattered to me but I was here listening to it, only because this school was here and I wanted to learn something.

"That sounds fun and all... uh, tall guy, but what about teaching people. Isn't that what your supposed to be doing here?"

I questioned lazily before taking another bite of my pizza, I couldn't even figure out why the emotions ran so high at this table. The actual topic of the conversation might have eluded me but I put my two cents in anyway, I thought it could be fun.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:42 pm 

If she was so insistent on wasting another day snoozing then why hadn't she left? Tyrande echoed this thought harmoniously with the entrance of a couple novel voices. One seemed to come to the rescue and give this idea some gas, the other poured water in the tank with the idea of school dances and other banal thoughts. The Priestess just chowed down on her mental bag of popcorn while she stared at this wall. She was having a much more fun time picturing these fire starters as caricatures in her own head than waste the effort of looking them in the face. Considering the cocktail of personalities in the room these were bound to get heated right? Wouldn't be fun if they didn't.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:39 pm 

Bond Release....
If Shabuto had to ability to force his emotions inside people so they could get an understanding of who he was, he'd be using said power quite often, since no one ever understood when he was genuine. But such had been his life. He was used to this solitude in every social setting.

"Yeah whatever..."

He said walking away from the laughing little skank. Hhe had matured honestly, before he wouldn't have even hesitated to pick a fight but honestly she wasnt worth the effort, though from his guaging...it wouldn't have taken much. Instead his years twitched at the shade the sleeing willow of a witch was trowing from the Side lines. Terapist? These assholes at this place could barely teach and they were gonna school him about his orblems? They had thier own fish to fry apparetnly.

"I'll do it myself...."

He said more so to himself as he walked away from the table leaving his lunch behind, they'd pretty much spoiled his appetite. As he was making his way towards Tyrande a familiar presence was felt before he even stepped through those doors with such a grandiose entrance. So this is where Lin had been hiding? Shabuto heard rumors that he was the new alchemy teacher but since that was Shabu's field of interest he never felt the need to confirm nor deny the rumors and just let it be. He turned to him, Lin's stuttering came as now surprise...Shabuto wore many hats last time they met..or rather the last lifetime at least.

"Lin? Heh your actually teaching here? Go figure."

He said turning from him and waving, Shabuto wanted to address the witch first...what was her deal anyway? Lin and he would have plenty of time to reconnect.

"Give me moment, we'll chat later ole pal."

Continuing on his mini journey to the Witch he stopped just a few paces from her. His eyes carried a passive nonchalant gaze. It normally hid his always churning thought processes.

"Mind filling me in as to why you two cents were implemented? Oh wait let me guess your just here for the show eh? Though I'm guess psychology isn't your role here..."

He said, whether she responded or not was left to her, it was a slight bit of sarcasm, but this woman seemed to be the most intriguing being here.

Shabuto's Aura

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:17 am 

Unfortunately for Lin, the doors of the hall, where young Mana Rituke was standing, were already open. She seemed not to notice the guy and his companions as they swept into the room, but her actions will soon be detailed, surely. As for Tea, the moment she heard this newcomer speak, she instantly knew she didn't like him. Her hands balled into fists, and she fought the urge to do something very rash. Oh, but that anger was building.

"Oh, killing loved ones is most certainly the best and most beneficial way to develop character. And that Insanity stuff? A+. Great job, big man Khrona."

She instantly stood, feeling herself tense as she fixed him with a glare that could shrivel the balls of any man, grown or not.

"This place was created by Maze Rituke when he freed us of that fucking Tensei's influence and crystal tree bullshit. When he fixed all of Khrona's fuckups.

"You wanna defend a shithead like that? Really? 'cause we have a lot of people here that would get awful angry if you took the side of a murderer. Might even have to show you how angry."

Haha. Laugh. This uninitiated past civilian, standing up to this Anbu-level 'badass'; just the sound of it was enough to make one snicker. But that fire in the small woman's eyes, or the way she held her tiny frame... Oh, she meant business.

But Lin's attention was soon drawn elsewhere, allowing Tea to quietly simmer down. Afterall, the other quiet guy, Axel, pointed out that the tall dude was indeed shirking his duties, and he was just as bad as the rest of the invisible staff. Taking her seat again, her gaze followed the higher ranks in the room while she radiated malice, ready to slap the stupid out of someone that would dare defend he whom single-handedly tried to eradicate every single one of them in the name of some godly pursuit or another.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:31 am 

((Gunna assume you meant Mana with that last post, Shabuto!))

First off, Mana tilted her head at the appearance of Lin. She felt like he was familiar, but she brushed it off as him having been a part of her original Reality village, for the imprint of it was still strong in his aura. His power was pretty great, but it shrank in comparison to what she'd be outputting if she hadn't been dampening her magic to make her presence tolerable. Mana hadn't been around when her Uncle Khrona had been sort of loopy; if she wasn't dead, she would have been with Koudo in some remote location, or even off-planet. Nevertheless, he had to have done something absolutely terrible to warrant this much hate.

Her eyes flicked downward, unsure of whether revealing her identity really was the smartest thing she could have done. While being a Rituke wasn't necessarily bad, she wasn't sure how many people knew that Maze and Khrona actually were brothers by blood, and how many of those believed the sins of the father were the sins of the son and all that jazz...

But Mana was drawn back into the conversation just before she was about to slink away by one curious Shabuto.

"Oh... I am the daughter of Maze Rituke. Creator of this institution and the surrounding city, and maybe the only one that would be able to modify the rules to warp people in and out of here. Maybe even create things that normal civilians can use."

For just a moment, she met his gaze, opening up just a fraction of her immense cosmic energy in the depths of her starry eyes for him to lose himself in. Just the raw potential there was staggering... The only problem was, for all Mana's brilliance, she was mostly untrained. She relied on her imagination in the heat of battle to fire up new spell ideas, or created from the depths of her soul what she felt should be.

"I haven't been here long, and this is my first time visiting Dad's new creation. What's left of my home..."

Saddened, she looked around the room, trying to find any familiar faces, and failing miserably. She'd concerned herself for so long with Koudo that she missed out on making a great number of friends in her village, something that she regretted now that she was so close to leaving.

"But I'll help if I can."

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:49 pm 

Quote:
((Shabuto))Continuing on his mini journey to the Witch he stopped just a few paces from her. His eyes carried a passive nonchalant gaze. It normally hid his always churning thought processes.

"Mind filling me in as to why you two cents were implemented? Oh wait let me guess your just here for the show eh? Though I'm guess psychology isn't your role here..."

He said, whether she responded or not was left to her, it was a slight bit of sarcasm, but this woman seemed to be the most intriguing being here.

"..."

Tyrande didn't respond immediately. She was far too engrossed in the proceedings, and her wall provided the perfect backdrop to begin a shadow puppet show for all of her to enjoy. She thought out loud often and forgot that down here, talking often warrants replies. Her hands, slender and swarthy took the form of animals who opened and closed their mouths in time with the dejected Mana Rituke and the hearty Lin Hugo. Cant forget the fiery Tea Addison either. It was fun to narrate what was transpiring, but it only capitalized on her own emptiness. She truthfully didn't even know if her opinions were valid. You didn't need a microscope to connect the dots...

Maze Rituke and his kin never liked it here. You can feel in it Mana's sheepish heart, you can see it in the fucking ether. Everything they did was separated, in its own dimension in it's own reality. It drove Vescrutia absolutely nuts and made things exceedingly difficult to keep up with. The Mother only wanted it's people to come together. How did Tyrande know this? Maybe Mana knew, that's why she was here trying to actually create something more inclusive and meaningful than a school dance. These racing thoughts curled Tyrande's lips and kept her eyes agape.

She begrudgingly earned her keep in the Dusk/Dawn/Veritas. She hoped she wouldn't have to engage Lin in a pissing contest to earn his almighty respect. But let's see what the guy had to say.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:49 am 
Moirai Student :: Genin Level Member

She entered with her father; Tasha was the girl who came with Linomaru. Her heels clicked as she walked alongside her father. She was much shorter than he, standing only about 5 feet tall. She had long strawberry hair tied into two large buns. She had an coke bottle shape and shiny mocha skin tone. She had a glare that would just melt your heart, but that was to come with the beauty of a witch. She wasn't just any witchling she was to be the next Witch in the School's Covenant.

She watched as all had their opinions. The little feisty one Tea. Actually rubbed Tasha wrong. It wasn't what she was saying but how she said it. She came off to aggressive. Then the fact she actually called her father out on his skill. His power..

"Hmph.. Silly girl.. You don't get it... You're blind just like the rest..."

This whole situation wasn't her thing. She only followed her Father. She was to be the next heir to the clan, so she accompanied him everywhere. Training under his wing. She was involved with Khrona. She, like her father, trained under Khrona but only for a short time.

"Yes,Uncle Maze did build this place to 'Save' us from the Insanity... But Khrona only wanted us to join together and be one... to work as a single family.See you only seen when your leaders pushed him.. To that point.. to surcome to his own darkness.. His own insanity... Thats all I am going to say to you Princess."

She would stand to her feet to face the boy Axel."Listen I know that you all may be listening in over here.But, If there aren't any students going to class how will one teach? Who can teach those who don't want to be taught?"

Although the girl was able to hold her composer, for some reason her blood boiled. For some reason she was off her edge. Then she looked around and noticed Tyrande, then Mana.. She would gaze at her old friend and couldn't help but wonder if she still remembers her.

"..Mana.. Is that really you?.. Its me Tasha." The girl would remove her hood and her bright Cyan blue eyes leered on the girl. "You... Idiot!!!"

The girl yelled out. She waited for the day she would see Mana again. Deep down she wanted to give the gitl a swift smack across the room. But she didn't want to make things more hostel. But her hreat was to warm to actually ignite a battle. Once the image of Mana sat in Tasha began to cry. The streams of tears flowed down her face.
"Oh Mana.. don't you remember?..Remember me.."

Tasha didn't know if she would. They did only spend a few days together, a bond had sparked and then Mana just vanished. Tasha never knew where she had gone. But her whole life was changed the day she went looking for Mana. That's when she met Amon and his father's twin brother Jin. Those two men changed her life, opened her eyes.

The girl would run over to Mana hoping she didn't push her away. Hoping she would accept her embrace. The room became darker as the girl weeps. It was her emotions that controlled her powers, like her father.
"Where'd you go silly.."

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:24 pm 

There wasn't much here that actually held weight with me, all this happened before my time or before I'd been within earshot. I don't even know what happened but it was apparently a lot. The girl in the white hood for example, she had shots for everybody. Shots, shots, shot, shot, shot, shot. When she turned around from her retort to my two cents I threw my hands up in a feign surrender. We got a real badass over here. She was cute until she opened her mouth, damn, it be like that though. Wait, was she crying now?

"Tell me something..."

I said out loud, moving on with my thoughts, but not clearly specifying who I was talking to. I wanted to get the real work out of the way so I could finish my pizza and leave. But there seemed to be only one person that actually was willing to answer any worthwhile questions.

"Maze, your father, where did he go? And why won't he come back?"

Looking right at the little girl for a moment. It was a little fucked up to build all of this glory and just leave it to waste. How did I know he wasn't here? I had walked all over the place trying to find the damned library until I finally stumbled into a directory board in one of the dorms. There wasn't a single teacher in the whole place, it was weird, a little spooky even.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:35 pm 

Next Witch was a bit of a stretch, considering what level of power a Witchling had to master to safely cross the border of responsibility. As always, theirs was a nature of utter destruction, and it took a practiced hand to be able to cross the threshold and keep everything in tact. This is also what helped the Insanity rise to such importance, in part; the volatile nature of the Soul brought with its own madness.

The moment Tasha made that comment about Tea, Mana frowned. She didn't know for certain, but she didn't think anyone had the right to be judging anyone in this situation. Everyone had their own losses, and displaying how it affected you shouldn't be cause for everyone to pile on and call you weak, silly, or naive. Life could be pretty terrible in general, and it never got any easier to bear.

Wait. Uncle Maze? Just who was this chi--

Oh.

The memory of that day in a creepy house and confusing family ties came back in a rush. Mana still got the creeps thinking about it; her fear of enclosed spaces had subsided enough to allow her to walk the halls of places like Moirai with ease, but if she was cooped up for more than a couple days, she began to get antsy and nervous. You wouldn't want to see someone with the colossal strength and potential as Mana when she got jittery.

People had such weird terms of endearment now. Was she simply growing out of touch? She didn't find 'idiot' to be quite doing it for her. Didn't invoke any warm fuzzies.

"Uh... Tessie?"

Her brow furrowed, she did her best to offer a gentle hug in return, but found the embrace to last a little too long. Mana had led a rather reclusive last few years, but she wasn't keen on renewing any bonds when she was about to go float in space for all eternity. Or whatever. Still, Mana was perplexed.

"Uhm, I guess I went to another planet for awhile... One that I made after becoming a Witch. And a Goddess. But that first one before the second, of course. Couldn't have one without the other, see, because there was this whole thing with dying and it got really messy and --"

Mana paused, realizing she was running on and on and on with her mouth. She never really had to tell the whole tale of her ascension from beginning to end before. She would have to leave out bits of betrayal and revenge and murder and sexy times for the sake of modesty... But in the interest of time,

"I'll have to tell you the details some other time. But I'm not staying."

Gently, Mana extracted herself from Tasha's embrace, turning her attention instead to Axel. She hadn't been ignoring him, but when a flying ball of volatile Witchling comes flying at you, you kind of had to watch out. She knew Tasha would likely be trying to get her attention again, but she put her finger to her lips and opted instead to pat the shorter girl's head before she answered.

"Dad's been working with Hakku on some new tech they encountered, presumably for our defense, or something of the like. It's not that he won't come back... It's that he'd like to think that he passed the torch to the teachers here. Ones that apparently haven't been up to the task."

Wasn't Scary Grandma supposed to be in charge here? The one that had first unlocked Sadako's family curse within her and set Mana on the path of carnage that thoroughly destroyed her innocence with a rag-tag cast of characters? It made sense that she would just up and leave, since that was a woman that was never, ever constant.

Considering Mana's roundabout acquisition of her Witchhood (killing cosmic whatsits on an meteor and absorbing their souls and the boundless power of their composition), she wasn't very familiar with her supposed sisters here at the school. But she figured she'd know one or two if she was introduced again.

"But I'll go track him down for you, and ask him just that."

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:49 pm 

Now, Tea wasn't stupid. It was plain to see that the apple didn't fall far from the goddamn crazy stupid tree, and if this teeny bopper was the spawn of Mr. Tall, Dark and Nutters, well, she wouldn't be surprised. Even if he'd shacked up with the most reasonable and intelligent woman in the world, it would take a miracle to inject some life into that end of the gene pool. So why get mad? Why even bother arguing with the likes of dirty fanatics? Oh, there were still those around, too. Tensei-worshipping cults that skittered away whenever you shone a light on them, but otherwise preached a second coming of crystal gods 'til they foamed at the mouths. Seemed like she'd found one hiding in plain sight.

"How disgusting..."

She muttered under her breath, curling her lip. If she'd been outside, she'd have spit on the ground just to get the foul taste out of her mouth, but seeing as she had too much respect for the people that had to keep the hall clean, she wouldn't want to make their lives any harder.

Yes, murder as an excuse to bring everyone under the same roof. Work together or die~!

... Sounded exactly like something the crazy fuckhead would say. Any of them. Eventually, didn't they all join up and merge into one person, like some hivemind bullshit? Oooh, Tea was seething (or should I use steaming? Ha, the puns). She simply couldn't stand to be in the company of such mush-brains. She needed to work out some of this aggression, and she knew tending to Recon and Distance would be just the ticket she needed to getting back on the right track.

Collecting her things, Tea stood suddenly and moved to leave the hall. Before she left, she stood nice and close to this starry Mana chick, sizing her up and completely ignoring the fuckface that just a moment ago was slobbering all over her. She was even bold enough to point a finger to her chest, just an inch away from touching.

"You. We'll talk. Come find me after you find your Dad."

And with that, Tea swept out of the room to make a beeline for the pastures which the University had so graciously allowed her to keep her two stallions, away from prying eyes and meddling minds. If she'd stayed any longer, SHE would have been the one doing the smacking people across rooms...

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:01 pm 

Tyrande propelled out of her seat with anger powered velocity it caused her bench to scrape across the ground and claw at the eardrums of every person in the area. Her shimmering golden hair drowned out the punctuation to her likeness but her rather ornamental regalia could be discerned underneath its glistening thicket. Some cockroach of conversation flew into her brain activating quite the switch She gathered her books together and slammed them on the table one by one whilst mumbling something to herself underneath her breath. Often ignorant of social cues, and the reaction therein she didn't mean to draw attention to herself but was hellbent on addressing the source of her frustration. She tried to hold back judgement since there was enough false pretense in the room to try someone for murder, but she couldn't help it. Not while everyone was being such a dick.

"WHO CARES WHAT MAZE or KHRONA'S INTENTIONS WERE!"

Deafening volume that only expected silence as it's answer. Unfortunately she wasn't quite done. Luckily, for all the resilient eardrums, the first salvo would be followed by an artillery of inside-voice responses.

They're not here how. And if they were they definitely wouldn't be blaming US for their fucked up decisions. Honestly, Khrona would. But he would want us to change it, not sit around having school functions. The problem is bigger than the Du- Veri Daw, WHATEVER!

She clenched her fingers around her book cover restraining every urge to see just how mighty The Hugo Clan and Rituke clan actually were. A 'Goddess' is just a title. And 'Teachers' could always use a good lesson. The Hugo called people blind, but they clearly needed their eyes checked. What kind of people victim-blame? Scumbags, that's who. Definitely not taking a bullet for those people. The talking golden mop continued her rant. It's a shame she couldn't keep up with the target of her frustration, but it was consistently outloud

I think, this whole shit about Maze working on something is bullshit. Just in time for his daughter to descend from on high and bless us little folk to redeem his name. Maze and Khrona are brothers, so she's a Tensei too. If not by blood, DEFINITELY by spirit. I put in good work here. And I wont let another figure claiming to be some diety swoop me on their shoulders and play savior. We can do this ourselves. I'm going to hold our 'fearless leaders accountable' no more naps.

This whole display was pretty silly. Why did mana feel the need to assert her dominance in such a way, or brag about her stupid celestial excursions? She reeked of Tensei through and through her meek facade only masked a brutal bone of arrogance waiting to burst from her ribs. Her entry was all too timely too. If Mana was going to find Maze, Tyrande would get there first. These people demanded answers for all the shit they went through.

So she took a deep breath, and tied up her hair in a more manageable state revealing a swarthy young woman who's face was crimson with passion. For the first time she glanced at everyone with narrow eyes to not let in any ounce of sympathy, and walked out.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:09 pm 

Bond Release....
Shabuto couldn't help but cringe in frustration over the fact that she had ignored him after making him the pun of her little joke. But after Mana started yammering on about herself for no reason because Shabuto diligently remembered only asking one bitch--err he meant witch, a question. So his face was one of intense irritation. Like where were the fuck al these nay and yay sayers when this place was first established? He didn't even know half these fuck bags before the Vernitas was even created. Sure he knew of Mze and his family some what but when the fucking moons started shit got kinda funny and they ended up bailing. Lin he knew from more intimates settings as far as friendship and training went. But Axel, that one chick with the rancid attitude Tea, and Tyrande were all out of the blue to Shabuto.

"Yeah yeah ain't nobody talking to you cream puff."

Speaking of Tyrande she finally had traded her passive aggressive,half-sleeping beauty routine and started tearing everyone a new one. Sshabuto probably wasn't as taken back as all the other because he honestly found this to be one parts hilarious, two parts ironic considering she make that stupid little crack on his attitude. Maybe thats why she did, because they had similar tempers. Regardless after she got all in Mana and Lin's ass about them acting flashy and haughty and pointing the finger at the victims. As she was storming away Shabuto would have taken a breathe and in the one breath he was on the other-side of the exit she was using, as she existed Shabuto would release a little whisper of his own.

"You know there a school therapist for people like you...

With the suggest snicker he laid up against the slender craftsmanship of the wall. Her words and her message were diffidently valid and held allot of good will behind it, but her delivery was oh to familiar.

Shabuto's Aura

Post Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:24 pm 

"You want to know what it means to hold power?.. You all are mere pawns in a bigger plot. A takeover of all the lands... Where one will stand. We are killers. Witches. Elves.. Lycan.. Vampire. . Human. It doesn't matter what you are, we all follow a path. But it all comes to one solution. Death... If one wish to take something that person must first look for all weak points. Know where and when to strike. When to take out the weak points in all plans.. "

Lin ignored everyone. His power would pulse as he walked to the Doors of the hall. His voice echoed through the ears of all in the room. He wasn't attacking,only showing a display of intrest, He would change the gravity in the room, which would surely catch everyone off guard, making everyone hold 100x their natural weight.

"Everyone speaks of how this all begun with Khrona and ended with Maze. You speak of power and spit on its name. Showing no respect... You ungrateful little Pesticides.. All you say is give me more. Asking for them to take steps to make your lives BETTER. WELL damn you all need to wake the hell up. You hold the same power. Where is your effort? Where are your songs? You all speak quickly to point out others mistakes and let them scar you. Let them seep into your skin. But why? Who are they?.. They are just like you and me. They bkeed just as we do."

The Hugo man would return the atmosphere back to it normal state. He made a fist and then slowly pointed out Mana. She had a lot to do. He wasn't going to let her just do as she pleases.

" You're not going to leave me here. Not again... Why are you always running? Stay.. you want to be better than Maze.. Then stay all of you. You want to show them what they are missing. Stay.. And Be a family."

The Man would look into the eyes of all the new breed of youngsters with his own Violet eyes. He would have a smile on his face as he spoke h8s final wounds.

"Mana guide them don't leave them blind. If you truly love it here and want it to change... Well.. It.. Begins.. with.. YOU"

HE WOULD REACH HIS HAND FORWARD HOPING THE GIRL WOULD TAKE IT. HOPING HIS WORDS HAD REACHED THEM ALL.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:18 pm 

Mana definitely cared what everyone's intentions were. They formed the basis of morality; even the bad guys thought they were doing good. It was up to the common people to judge their thoughts, their words, and their actions as just or good. This Witch had her own opinions, however, so Mana simply let her go. She'd clearly been misunderstood, and Mana supposed that perhaps she shouldn't have even been giving Tasha even that much of a run down. After all, she'd felt an uncomfortable vibe off the Hugo's since they'd shown up.

Her point about Mana being a Tensei simply made Mana shake her head. She knew that her mother's blood trumped the father's in every single instance. However, it was possible that having her blood mingled with the Tensei was something that had made her valuable enough for the universe to keep. She just didn't know.

"The whole idea is to help you help yourselves... I'm just giving you the tools." Mana said quietly to Tyrande's retreating back, but the Elf Witch was in far too much of a tizzy to turn back.

However, this Linomaru...

Alright, so first off. The moment Mana felt Linomaru start to mess with the atmosphere, she raised an eyebrow toward him, almost comically. With a flick of her wrist, very dismissively, she negated the change for the other patrons by briefly seizing control of their personal centers of gravity, and expanding a magical anti-gravitational bubble from there. She watched, fascinated, as the weight change took place solely for Hugo and the two he'd brought with him.

She'd let him talk, blinking slowly as she tried to make sense of his words. Were those threats? Stating that he was going to bring about that change? Mana knew there were big baddies out there, but... Linomaru? Really? She scrunched up her face as he attacked her ears, and with a soft whoosh of air, passively shot back all that air and the sound it carried back at him. The longer he went on, the darker Mana's starry mane got, until it hovered close to a dark, blank canvas.

Hugo would find himself encased perfectly in one of her star-coverings the moment he dared point a finger at Mana, though it was translucent enough that he would most likely continue talking. As the barrier was soundproof from the outside, it was rather comic to watch that crazed look in his eyes as he gestured grandly toward her. She warned Tasha with a dangerous glint in her eye that maybe she'd want to sit this one out, if the way Mana had demolished that gate upon their first meeting was any indication.

"I'm sorry for your detainment, but I'm just trying to get something straight..."

Mana stepped forward, still with a heavy damper on her supplies of magic, but bristling with toned muscle rippling to tension under her glowing skin. She really didn't need her magic to defend herself here, but the barrier was more for everyone else's protection. Crazy-eyes shot first, after all.

"Are you an agent of this change? Are you still loyal to the Tensei?"

Her magical eyes activated, still very much aware of her power output as her limits slowly started to stretch and her glow intensified. The more spells she used at once, the less of a hold she would have on her power as her magic regenerated at such an awesome rate.

"I don't take kindly to those who talk of death like it's no big deal."

Of course, she would be able to hear his reply regardless, but she opened up a tiny pinhole in her barrier directly toward herself, so if Linomaru was going to do something stupid, she would bear the brunt of the damage, rather than the bystanders. Mana hoped that he would be smart enough to explain himself with words, rather than get himself into a bunch more trouble with his actions. Golems could be there in seconds, and had already begun to collapse on their positions with the unsanctioned use of adverse techniques upon their peers.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:54 am 

The third and final Hugo would finally show his face. He would take his hood oof as Lin spoke. He would roll his eyes in discuss with all that was happen. Three pixies, a mad human, a guy who is just lost in translation of everything, all gave him one big headache. Tsuka looked at Mana thinking she actually had Linomaru in her little prison.

" He isn't in there.... The Gentai.. It cancels out Magic.All of you were in range of its effect the moment he began walking to the door. If you paid attention to the reports about him. You'd know this already."

The boy laughed at the girl. She was one of them through.

"You Witches think your magic is strong. But The Gentai is the manifestation of the Magisters soul. His magic cancels out yours. He's a virus to magic period."

This ability was something all Hugo had through the power of Gentai. He came to stand in front of the ball of magical power and would activate his own Gentai. He would tap shattered and at first just a small black dot would manifest. Moments later the sphere began to crack from Tsuka's touch. Then it would shatter.

"My family doesn't seek to harm anyone. If we did all of you would have been killed the moment we walked inside the Mess Hall."

Tsuka would walk to Mana he wasn't afraid to do so, she wasn't anyone special, or anyone to be feared. Truthfully she really didn't know what she was getting herself into mouthing off like that. Tsuka knew his father all to well. He knew that Lin was trying to push Mana. Trying to test her.

" It's really.. The minute someone says one thing that rubs you wrong you try to put them in your little prison, kill them or threatening to kill them. But you preach peace. No one is peaceful. Where did my father say he will harm anyone. He just wants you to stop running, stop leaving and saying things will work out. When they don't, won't and never will if you have the blind leading the blind..."

Tsuka looked Mana into her bright whatever color eyes, a light smirk came across his face. "You're not in control of your celestial powers... LInomaru can help you control it and return your body back to normal. But you know you won't take it because you're so high and mighty. phff." The boy would spit on the ground right next to Mana. He meant every bit of disrespect to the girl. Then he would look at his sister with the same disgust as he did with Mana.

"Get up.. She thinks she's better than us. She isn't your friend. She's still leaving you behind. "

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:01 pm 
Diviner-Level Member
Diviner-Level Member

Unique Trait: Infestation Release
Faction: Myself
He said he would never come back here.

His first visit left the worst taste in his mouth and he hadn’t been able to wash it out. Originally, Koudo thought about sending Yui here so she could get an education, hopefully under the watchful eyes of people he could trust, and Avia so she could socialize and grow with people close to her age, but it didn’t come to fruition. The uptight security force and less than stellar leadership and faculty roster hadn’t done anything to endear him to the place and the people here.

So he avoided it like the plague. Slightly out of conscious effort, but mostly out of business. He’d been, still was, preoccupied with other things. More life threatening, world ending, viewpoint altering things than a grudge against a group of people that threw him in the hole for a little vandalism, espionage, and trespassing because they’d forgotten the definition of the word fun.

It had become an insignificant point on a map that didn’t mean anything outside of Koudo’s list of places never to go back to, which he’d recently added the Neo-Nightmare to as well, and had been forgotten otherwise. So, imagine his surprise when the mental blip in his brain that alerted him to when close friends and family were in danger began ringing off the hook for Mana, who was stationed smacked dab in nowhere’s land. Unfortunately for his feelings, he couldn’t resist the urge to spring into action, despite wanting to curb his overprotectiveness.

Guess old habits die hard.

So Tsuka’s spit stopped just before it was able to hit the ground and disgrace the establishment that his father was suppose to be working for. It waited there, suspended in midair, waiting for a command from the man that had seized control of its water content.

“Somebody better tell me what’s going on.”

A deep voice said, before the body it belonged to materialized in the space between this boy and Mana. It was a wall of man, toned and bulky, dressed in undeniably tribal garb of a culture probably unrecognizable, and standing about the same height as this boy’s father. He towered over anyone else that couldn’t measure, and looked down with cool blue orbs of protective fervor meant to pierce this whelp’s resolve.

Koudo didn’t mean to appear, so… hostile, but when Mana’s blip went off he was always in ‘wreck shit because love’ mode, even if they weren’t a together anymore. Mana’s blip almost never went off, but the last time Koudo didn’t respond, she lost her life and he’d never let that happen again. This kid just happened to have his focus, since he was completely in the dark about the situation, and that… wasn’t a good thing on either accounts.

Where were those stick in the mud security force officials now?

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:01 pm 

If whomever she had in her bubble wasn't Linomaru, Mana was rather curious to find out who it was. Because she definitely had SOMEONE, the one that tried to mess with everyone in the room. The one that had made all those gross effects and tried to blow out her eardrums. If she wasn't so bewildered by everything, she would have been a lot quicker to grow angry at the blatant disrespect and eventual racism she felt from this younger guy. Mana didn't even know him, and suddenly he was talking to her with addresses like 'you witches', as if she respresented her whole race. The Goddess wasn't even sure if she entirely was a Witch anymore, nor did she present as something that simple to anyone with a pulse.

"If this isn't Linomaru, I'd love to know who it is. Because there is a living, breathing father in this prison, who attempted to place adverse gravitational affects on everyone in this room when he tried to speak directly to me.

"Who said I was running from anything? I faced my trials and came out as a Witch, and Goddess. I'm sorry if that offends you."

His attempt to shatter her technique would appear as that black dot, but go no further. He'd planted the seed of infection, supposedly, but Mana's passive refresh rate disallowed even that to remain for long. He didn't understand her technique, as he couldn't perform it himself, and therefore didn't have a chance in hell of having his genkai to work. Mana's prison remained with a surge of power to wipe out the diseased portion of her spell.

His speech continued.

His spit froze mid-air.

Mana's bewilderment softened to surprise, and as soon as she could taste Koudo's chakra in the air, the celestial lights rekindled themselves in her starry mane, drifting through reflections of far-off galaxies in dizzying excitement. While his presence was a lot more common in her life now that she spent a great deal of her time with Yui and friends, she didn't know if she would ever be able to get over how happy she was to see him. Her hesitation, her doubt... Those things has disappeared once the pressure of a relationship had released her. Now, she was free to admire him and spend time with him without worrying about her past mistakes. Namely the death that haunted him so.

"Koudo, please, it's okay."

She reached out to touch his arm, hoping he would relax, if only slightly.

"People are just really angry and misunderstanding my words."

The golems had arrived, just standard foot soldiers for now, without the elites for the moment. Mana glanced at their familiar faces and waved them forward. They moved as a single unit, with military precision; impressive, and presumably the handiwork of their new superiors.

"Hugo family, these guards will escort you to a holding facility so we can clear everything up. Please do as they say, and I promise you'll be on your way within an hour or so. We just want to make sure you aren't going to be roughing anyone else up on the premises. Linomaru, you may be in some hot water since you're a teacher here, but I'm sure they won't fire you or anything... At least, so long as you aren't going to hurt anyone."

The golems closed in, forming a ring around their spectacle. Onlookers had begun to whisper as they retreated to the safety of the golems, and Mana released the small bubbles she had wrapped around them to negate any adverse Hugo shinanigans as they retreated.

Mana herself stepped a bit to the side of Koudo, and redirected her little pinhole for Linomaru to speak to be directly trained on her, and to bring herself back into the younger Hugo's line of sight. In doing so, she also blocked Tessie from her brother's sight, subtly condemning his earlier racism, but also acknowledging that the Witchling hadn't asked for Mana's help, so Mana wouldn't butt in. She didn't want Koudo to get hurt by a Hugo lashing out, not when she'd originally intended for the risk only to be her own. It gave the appearance of their being a unit, rather than Koudo being Mana's protector again... Or so she hoped. She really wanted to grow stronger and handle a couple things on her own to nab the much-needed experience, but she knew that the men in her life would always be super protective. Sigh.

Last edited by Mana Rituke on Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:17 pm 

Listening to the girl intently I simply gave an affirming nod to her recommended solution. Of course after that it'd be up to him whether he actually came back to the duties of the school or not. I didn't know what to make of the girls accusations of being a goddess so I let them be, until the forces in the room grew to unnatural intentions. The room quickly grew thick with arid energy and a tension so thick I thought lightning bolts were about to start going off.

Watching the women that had been asleep in the corner go bat-shit crazy over their summary of current events got me a little more than interested over what she had to do with all this. She seemed so offended, but I excused myself quickly to back to the food service, finding something else to guide my attention with. Watching her walk away I couldn't help but to feel the temperature rise with her anger. Maybe it was the fact that she dished out her fury indiscriminate to my unbiased position and genuine nature because of her own invested emotions.

My gaze on the woman went shortlived however as I disguised it on my way for more 'za. There was a lot going on and I wasn't sure the next time I'd have food cooked this good so despite the riled emotions I wanted to dig in. I came back and it was literally 100x worse.

Now my magic skills were non existent at this point so the actual ramifications of what was happening escaped me but as I approached there was a whole 'nother person. Radical exchanges from both of the robed men in the case of chakra and a response to them by the 'Goddess' child. I was aware enough though that I didn't want to touch it with a ten foot pole. I leaned against the wall by the door watching what happened, having turned that way after seeing the golems approach the scene.

Nomming on my pizza I take a closer look a the new figure that had arrived, he looked a little familiar. His face did at least, placing it was difficult under the circumstances. I could wait until I got a closer look, maybe something was different? Either way the guy looked a little preoccupied at the moment.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:27 pm 

Bond Release....
Well this was all escalating rather quickly and honestly Shabuto was gonna bust a fucking gasket if things kept going on his way. He had no idea what posses Lin to start flexing his power on the resident here, that was a no no as far as Shabuto could see. But all this talk of Witches, goddess, Gentais and imprisonment wasn't getting him any closer to his goal.

And that was reestablishing or no honestly establishing a standing among the elites of Morari. Apparently the higher up here needed to get their shit together. There so much disfucntion about He could hardly think straight. Honestly since he had left to go to speak with Shinta in the Void he had been confused about his purpose and what needed to be done. Now he had some sense of direction.

He need to find his ancestors burial sites so that he could get is own affairs in order, hopefully whilst doing this he could even look to maze for some Direction as far as what he could do to uplift Morai from his crumbling state. He needed to speak with Mana in fact, but with the Arrival of Koudo he knew shit had gotten real and that he would simply have to wait to ask her, and also apologize for his rude behavior. She was alot tougher than she looked and stood her ground...that was enough to earn a bit of respect form Shabuto, though she didn't need it it just helped him become more reasonable and personable when he could find a common ground.

Shabuto's Aura

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:00 pm 

Seemed Linomaru Hugo reserved his right to remain silent. His son fixed Mana with a disrespectful sneer, obviously still ignorant to the combined power of the duo set before him. Roughly, he picked up his sister and shoved her forward as the golems closed in and gestured to the doors of the hall. Tasha stumbled, glancing back at Mana with a bit of hurt and confusion in her gaze. She couldn't understand why her friend had suddenly turned on the Hugo family, but she didn't have it in her to be angry, not yet.

Mana sent Linomaru's sphere, sealed up once more, along with his children, transferring control of her spell to set parameters. She whispered a control phrase to a golem, knowing that he would pass it on to one of the Devil Golems, who would in turn be able to release Linomaru once the proper holding cell was set up to hold him.

With the room quickly emptying as the majority of the patrons collected their trash and finished their meals, Mana sighed, doing her best to rein in all that glow and power. She was positively humming with magic, and she felt way too ramped up to simply let it all go. She looked toward Koudo for a moment with a grateful smile. She murmured a soft 'Thank you', but conveyed the majority of her message with her gaze as she leaned in a little to playfully bump shoulders. She really did appreciate him looking out for her. As tough as Mana wanted to be, she didn't want to be alone.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:19 pm 
Diviner-Level Member
Diviner-Level Member

Guess they were never around when you actually needed them.

Koudo watched Lino and his family being escorted out of the building by the golems, presumable created by Mana’s father. He relaxed himself, crisis averted, but was still visibly puzzled by why his alert had been going off like an alarm clock. Mana didn’t seem to be in any danger, besides the Hugo’s, whose patriarch had already proved himself to be all talk, at least in every run in he’d ever had with Koudo. He still expected some form of an explanation.

What had this gathering, which was clearly over with all important, and not so important, parties departing and leaving Mana and Koudo standing in a nearly empty cafeteria, been about?

“What the hell caused all this tension in the first place?”

He asked, placing a hand on his animal pelt covered hips and scratching at the ebony locks on his head. There was absolutely no way a minor misunderstanding could stir such powerful feelings of anger that the intent to harm was enough to bring Koudo from what he had been doing to Moirai’s campus, when he had specifically made every conscious effort to forget this place even existed. Clearly, it hadn’t been as fruitful an endeavor as the proprietors imagined it would be, judging by the uneasy, almost anxious, faces of the student body that filed out of the cafeteria. Was the dream finally falling apart?

Post Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:21 pm 

Bond Release....
Well this was quite the pleasant surprise. The former kage had shown himself after taking a rather long leave from the village that once was. Shabuto bore a bit a of bad blood for the man who left his responsibility to the people and went off his own agenda. Had he been here and taken his position seriously... things might have turned out different. Seeing as how Lino was being arrested and his buddy the jester witch was storming out he really found no purpose in being here any longer. He had a new thing in mind, to find out just what Tyrande was up to in terms of her goals of bettering the school. He sucked his teeth before turning and gazing swiftly at Koudo. After sizing up what another failed leader looked like he took his leave of the school, a vacation was in order...

Shabuto's Aura

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:33 pm 

The answer may have lain within the recently departed, or, perhaps, it was with Mana herself. She still couldn't settle all that pent up energy any more than she could just moments ago. Extremely self-conscious now that her relation to the Tensei had been revealed, Mana's expression quickly fell, even as her magic quieted to a dangerous sort of pulse. It wouldn't effect her companions, not yet, but with her mood darkened to nervousness, it could possibly turn to something sinister.

"People aren't happy with what Dad created when Vescrutia's still under attack... I was just trying to help find a solution."

Spotting a spark of magic arching over the back of her hand, Mana's eyes widened, her heart leaping to her throat. Was it happening so soon? She should have much more control than this! She clenched a fist, terminating any visual display of her excitement, though it would still be perceivable to those so inclined.

"Thanks for showing up... But I think we have everything handled."

Swallowing hard, she replaced the towel behind her neck, confused completely by the bubbling of emotion welling within her. Mana had never thought she was cut out for the leadership stuff, and with this first little display, she might have proved her doubts reasonable. She could have handled that much better, but what really scared her was how much she'd desired to go further. Her solution wasn't perfect, and wouldn't generate the intended effect. She wouldn't be respected this way, and people would certainly remember her vast amount of potential, but what would it amount to? Was she really okay with leaving everything she had ever known behind for some job she didn't really have a choice in?

All of it was absolutely bullshit, and Mana needed to let off some steam.

"Want to see something cool...?"

She asked quietly, pausing long enough to see if Koudo would follow her. She really did miss him, but she understood when he needed space, or perceived their revised relationship would benefit from a little extra space.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:49 pm 
Diviner-Level Member
Diviner-Level Member

Koudo kept his eyes trained on the departing crowd. Not for any particular reason besides searching for faces that he may have recognized or people he might have crossed paths with. There were many that he could. Most were kids, around high school age, witches, or casual drifters now trying to ink out life here for whatever little amount of time they had with the Horsemen still looming.

He couldn't deny that he understood the crowd's lack of complacency, to an extent. Certainly he wasn't in the camp of the likes of Linomaru, and his family, because they were pious in their respect for Khrona while Koudo always clashed with the man and questioned his actions and family's penchant for the 'absolute' at every turn. Still, many people were just lost and this school didn't seem like it was doing much in giving them direction.

He took his fingers out of his hair to fold his arms, but the motion was interrupted when he locked eyes with the last person that exited the room. Koudo certainly couldn't place his name, face, or position on a recent battlefield for the survival of the Veritas when it was falling, a rare occurrence considering the circumstances, but could recognize contempt and it bled from the irises of this kid. He stared back, thoroughly engaged in matching his gaze without contempt or the need to measure his power, 'size him up' as it were, but conviction in the fact that he'd made the right decision. It was something Koudo still wrestled with everyday, something that never goes away, but he didn't expect some nobody to understand that or the reasoning behind it.

The contest ended when the boy took his leave and Koudo's attention was drawn back to Mana, who he turned to face. He softened his expression, but he sported a slight frown. For as interested he was in her new abilities and seeing something cool, perhaps, produced from them, there were many other things that were on his mind that he needed to take care of.

"Uuh, sorry, I'm kind of busy actually."

He couldn't ignore the blaring alarm that alerted him to whenever there was a friend in need, but he really wasn't comfortable here. It didn't help that he'd spent... maybe a week to a month, the time blurred together, in the university's slammer and surely he was on a record somewhere. He wouldn't unnecessarily run the risk of having to deal with Mana's nightmare of a sister and her goon squad. He actively neglected to mention this though.

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:54 pm 

Even after finishing my pizza I stood by the door leaning against the wall as all the other diners filed out of the cafeteria. There was nothing but chatter among them, a lot of it was about all the stuff that just went down. No doubt it was more action than the crew had seen in ages but still there were a few that were uninterested with the situation.

Instead I heard them talking about the next party they were about to host at the club on the campus. They were gonna do a few new beats apparently and see and how people liked them. They looked cool enough for me to try to see about later, I still wanted to see how this whole thing wrapped up though.

Board index » Cafe VezSkroosh » Vescrutia's Archive » Moirai University » Miju District » Mess Hall