Legend of the Everglow Part 3: Zeroing In

These are areas outside of the realms of the Alliance. Venture out into Vescrutia's open world and explore. Go anywhere and show us a side of Vescrutia that might not have been discovered yet.
Fate II
Drifter

Re: Legend of the Everglow Part 3: Zeroing In

Post by Fate II »

"Alright cool. Court adjourned?" David asked walking forward and tossing an arm over Bi's shoulder. "You did say there was something super pressing going on, something I believe Azul just said was 'exactly our problem'?"

Right after that, the woman shot up off the ground and yanked David's arm from around Bo. "No!" She screamed. "You don't just get to be buddy buddy with him when we know he's in cahoots-"

David swiftly covered her mouth with his hand, keeping his gentle smile but making fierce contact with her wild eyes. He held her there for a moment until her hurried breathing slowed to a more normal pace. "Are you through? We're moving on from that, so let's refocus on the task at hand. We can do that, can't we, Lana?"

She scoffed and mumbled "Fine," behind his muffling palm. He chuckled and turned back to Bo without missing a beat.

"Excuse her, our mutual friend has a way of leaving an impression on people, as I'm sure you can understand by now." David said half chuckling.

"Quite the impression indeed," Lambda said.

"But other than being a smooth criminal, what else is going on?" David asked.

"It's sort of complicated, but I'll do my best to convey it for all of you. You see, this chamber is part of an intricate system of interconnected places. It is the reason we in Iran are hidden away in the Ganjun Wastes where Bo and Zero emerged from and also connected to a Delta in the Freshwater Sea when they are worlds away from one another. It has been protected by T.U.S.K.U. since their inception, keeping the peaceful people and bounty of the city from being exploited by outsiders. There are a number of tools, or relics, I guess, that are arranged in a way to keep the connected places hidden from most prying eyes, but with the Waves of Horus being stolen, our connection to the other locations was severed.

It wasn't much of an issue, we were still able to connect with the other communities, but then our communication was halted abruptly recently. Right after that... We started losing..."

Her tone grew somber, sullen, swelling with sorrow as she stared into the light that Azul retreated into with the scratched relics. The light flickered and dimmed got a split second, almost invisible to the interested eye, but Lambda had been watching the anomaly for weeks, she knew what it meant.

"You all have felt fine since being here in the chamber, right?"

Dalazar Denkou
Drifter

Post by Dalazar Denkou »

Dazuma heaved a heavy sigh. God damn, he wasn't sure at first if they were really going to let him be. Aside from that, he wondered if they would even consider releasing Zero. He didn't know the extent of Uran's fury and he truly didn't wish to find out. David's giant arm thudded brridkly on bo's shoulder. He was glad they were letting go, well most of them. The woman from ealeri with the starred clak still seemed very suspicious of him. She swiftly removed David's arm. Just as she was about to go on a rant David stopped her.

"I shall do my best to stay out of trouble"

He midly chuckled.
"It's sort of complicated, but I'll do my best to convey it for all of you. You see, this chamber is part of an intricate system of interconnected places. It is the reason we in Iran are hidden away in the Ganjun Wastes where Bo and Zero emerged from and also connected to a Delta in the Freshwater Sea when they are worlds away from one another. It has been protected by T.U.S.K.U. since their inception, keeping the peaceful people and bounty of the city from being exploited by outsiders. There are a number of tools, or relics, I guess, that are arranged in a way to keep the connected places hidden from most prying eyes, but with the Waves of Horus being stolen, our connection to the other locations was severed.
Remarkable, simply awe-inspiring. This kind of magical ingenuity reminded him so much of home. Though Uran's nexus of communication was even more advanced than that of his homelands. Amazing, he had egregiously underestimated them. A mistake he would not soon make again. The Denko communication system relied on the innate telepathic abilities within all of his bloodline. Using spires crafted from Denki metal and a rare form of light magie the Denkou created a series of networks called "Pathways" that allowed them to speak with each other over practically any distance with the exception of places with incredibly dense naten reserves.

This explanation of Lambda helped him to also understand just how severe Zero's crime was. Dazuma's magic sense allowed him to ability to sense, read and decode the most magical natures he encountered. This magic though....such an anomaly indeed. He could not get any real reading on it.
Her tone grew somber, sullen, swelling with sorrow as she stared into the light that Azul retreated into with the scratched relics. The light flickered and dimmed got a split second, almost invisible to the interested eye, but Lambda had been watching the anomaly for weeks, she knew what it meant.

"You all have felt fine since being here in the chamber, right?"
"Despite nearly suffocating under the pressure of being on trial, yes, I've felt fine."

Her tone worried him....there was much more going on here.

Fate II
Drifter

Post by Fate II »

"Good to hear," Lambda replied.

"We've had people reporting they're being forgotten by their friends, their family members, people they've known their whole lives just strangers the next day. Then after that..."

Lambda paused, she had to catch her breath, her palms became sweaty, her knees weak, arms heavy, and heaved "Some just aren't seen again... Without a trace."

"What do you mean without a trace?" Lana asked, completely baffled. "Everyone's getting amnesia and getting lost?"

"I do believe that's the gist of it," David said.

"Indeed it is" Lambda said. "If Azul cannot repair the Chambers connections, I fear something grave is going to befall us."

Lambda turns back to the swirling rings of the chamber, scanning it's light for something, a sign that reminded her of the feeling of that day, that feeling of unease hanging in the air.

"I also began to feel a presence within the chamber I had never felt before. And it's felt like I'm being watched ever since."

"You've done well to find the Venkage," another woman spoke up, maneuvering the brim of her hat to see everyone. "I've never seen one with my own two eyes, let alone two in the same room." She looked studious, the hat was large, but not garish with a modest peak and wide brim. Underneath, her hair unfurled in pitch black curls framing her face. Clear water blue eyes looked into everyone with wonder as she entered the conversation. "You have some very, very interesting connections here, Lambda."

Dalazar Denkou
Drifter

Post by Dalazar Denkou »

For now, it seemed he was being permitted to stay among them. While here he would be sure to try his best to make himself useful. Maybe he'll even be able to help his friend out with a "lighter sentence." It sounded better in his head as theory, he hadn't the slightest clue of how he'd actually manage to pull it off.
"We've had people reporting they're being forgotten by their friends, their family members, people they've known their whole lives just strangers the next day. Then after that..."

Lambda paused, she had to catch her breath, her palms became sweaty, her knees weak, arms heavy, and heaved "Some just aren't seen again... Without a trace."
Before he'd even thought about it he had stepped to her side with fantastic speed almost as if he had merely walked through the space that separated them.

"Lady Ortiz... something are you alright? Your breathing is becoming increasingly haggard..."

He didn't even stop to think about how his actions could've been perceived. They still didn't trust him at the very least they were assured he would cause no harm. The speed he tapped into though could've been alarming to the untrained eye, not to many of those in this room he felt.
"Indeed it is" Lambda said. "If Azul cannot repair the Chambers connections, I fear something grave is going to befall us."
He was becoming a bit worried, what was the magic fueling the chambers? What's more, what dreaded thing could occur from it being disrupted? Did Zero know whatever was going to happen, would?
Lambda turns back to the swirling rings of the chamber, scanning its light for something, a sign that reminded her of the feeling of that day, that feeling of unease hanging in the air.
He took a step back giving her some space.
"I also began to feel a presence within the chamber I had never felt before. And it's felt like I'm being watched ever since."

"You've done well to find the Venkage," another woman spoke up, maneuvering the brim of her hat to see everyone. "I've never seen one with my own two eyes, let alone two in the same room." She looked studious, the hat was large, but not garish with a modest peak and wide brim. Underneath, her hair unfurled in pitch black curls framing her face. Clear water blue eyes looked into everyone with wonder as she entered the conversation. "You have some very, very interesting connections here, Lambda."
Just then another person arrived and with her, the air grew thicker still. He said nothing, only continuing to watch. He learned that part of being a King was to also be an impeccable listener. He doubted his voice would carry much weight right now as is and he knew even less about the people in this room than what they were even talking about. He himself was not feeling any worse for wear. Which was making him wonder just what was impacting Lmbda. She was being very vague and mystic. And that was worrisome.

Fate II
Drifter

Post by Fate II »

"The Venkage are connected very dearly to this place," Lambda said. She regained her composure after being consoled by Bo, speaking more to the fact that this situation unnerved her so much she'd break stoicism in front of all her esteemed guests. "It is why I asked Azul here, he has been a longtime contact within the Marlboro Archipelago and his expertise with some of the materials that make up this chamber is why he's assessing the situation."

"I just don't understand why you wouldn't have told me before! You know how I love anthropology and geography!" the woman almost squealed, giggling to herself. She spoke as if they had a long history with one another, moving closer very leisurely and taking a more prominent stage in the chamber. She waved to everyone there, smiling happily. "Hi there, Veronica Cuirez, Anthropologist for the Kingdom of Loire. It's a pleasure to meet all of you, from Diamond Dust of the Tarkan Plains and Alsace of the Bivalva Trench. To be in the company of such esteem is truly an honor."

David and his friend both bowed shortly to greet the woman, and the other individual who seemed to have joined with Azul, they were wearing similar, comfortable and flowy clothing, made eye contact with her, and then turned away, looking off into the distance. Veronica tipped her hat to her colleagues and continued.

"But I'm so enraptured by this, not only did I think in my research that the Venkage were a lost people, but to think they had such close connections to Uran is a mind-blowing reveal! And you mean to tell me that they had a hand in this, this... nexus? This corridor to other worlds?"

"Not necessarily 'worlds'," Veronica interrupted, "but they are some remote areas of the planet, very unique in their own ways. Just like Uran, they all harbor great power and history and are all connected through this, the Janus Chamber. But that other presence I felt within the chamber punctuated our people going missing, completely gone from home and memory. Once I felt them, it felt like they were looking through the chamber and directly into me, into my heart. It was invasive and frightening, something I've never felt within these walls. And I don't know what to make of it."

Veronica pursed her lips and pondered wondrously, unsure of how to deal with this depth of information. David, and the rest of the group were also awestruck, processing the possibility of people just vanishing from memory and from this plane. He never encountered any Arbiter with that kind of ability, so what could the Venkage be capable of?

"You asked if we felt fine while we were in here, Lambda. Does that mean we are at risk of being forgotten as well?" he asked.

"I'm just not sure," she replied. "You all know as much as I know. So we have to wait for Azul to return for now."

Dalazar Denkou
Drifter

Post by Dalazar Denkou »

There was so much being shared but his mind made efforts to metabolize it all. People had been coming up missing cracks in the Waves of Horus had something to do with it. Whatever conglomerate of magical infrastructure created the paths in which they traveled to these distinct realms on Vescrutia, Zero's theft of the artifacts that served as an anchor had disrupted its flow creating some unended repercussions. He became encompassed in thought his mind attempting to weave together some kind of tapestry from the bits of thread being given.

"The Venkage? A lost people...and Zero is one of them?"

Was Zero's domain one of the links? Just what truly was his stake in all this?

"Lambda could feel the force impact here...but so far the rest of us are unabated by its influence....what is her tether?"

He thought as so far she seemed to find. The longer they were here the more she was at risk?

"The Janus Chamber? It reminds me of Iribrium. Though instead of minds it links places?"

"Fascinating"

Was the only word he said out loud. So engrossed in his thought he didn't see the woman enter, but the information she gave was absorbed all the same. Another piece of the puzzle. The only one who may truly know anything may be the very one who's been silenced this whole time...

"What is that connection...might I ask? Between the Venkage and the People Of Uran"

It might give him a clue as to what Zero might've been after.
Last edited by Dalazar Denkou on Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fate II
Drifter

Post by Fate II »

"They've been known to be some of the most skilled enchantment artificers in history," Veronica said.

"Don't flatter him!" Lana spat out.

"Lana!" David yelled back at her, "Decorum, please? I'm sorry, please continue, miss Cuirez."

"It's perfectly fine, but my compliment was for his people, not for him." Veronica chuckled quietly to herself, sounding as if she was mulling over the workings of the world. "Maybe Azul can explain a bit better than I could, I only know cursory details from tangents in my main body of work."

Just as she finished speaking, Azul walked back in from the mass of light, running his fingers through his hair aggressively. "Aaaaaah, he really borked it," he grumbled to the crowd.

"Borked," the silent individual who came with Azul said before walking up to him with his hand up, fingers moving strangely. "No bork?" he asked.

"Borked already," Azul said to him. "Deep Oro, Unbork, Mistral Arts scroll. Home."

"Home," he said, creating another symbol with his hands and disappeared into the wind without another word.

Azul continued, frustrated at the complexity of the issue he was brought in to help solve. "Lambda, it's a lot more going on here than you know. Maybe we should get you some rest and him locked up for now." It was the nature of Alsace to deal with these kinds of situations, but cleaning up the mess of an imp like Zero always proved to be more trouble than he thought it worth. Whatever it was Lambda needed to hear, it would be easier without her holding Zero back herself.

"Yes... Yes... It is proving to be more taxing than I thought. But if I let up here, we might not get this chance again."

"Me and Lana can take a shift keeping him entertained if you need a break, Madam Ortiz," David said, stepping up to take something off her plate. Lana grew a sly grin across her face and she started breathing more heavily, excited for a chance to get some old school hands on him.

"Go ahead and take him if you want to, that's why I called you in the first place," Lambda said, nothing a flicker in the pillars of light for just a fraction of a second. "I wouldn't trust anyone with the future of my people more than the people in this chamber right now."

Azul moved to give Lambda a shoulder to lean on in her tired state, "I truly apologize for all the trouble he's caused for you."
Dazuma wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:23 pm

"What is that connection...might I ask? Between the Venkage and the People Of Uran"

It might give him a clue as to what Zero might've been after.
Propping up Lambda, Azul spoke openly to the crowd, an Anthropologist, some sort of merc, and a pair of service workers, trying to make a concise answer for Bo.

"The Venkage have been connected to Uran since we have record of it. They built the Janus chamber as far as I know, it seems to be made of Mistral, a compound only the Venkage can synthesize, just like the Waves of Horus. Wherever Mistral is, there is always a way back to the ancestral lands."

Dalazar Denkou
Drifter

Post by Dalazar Denkou »

"Borked already," Azul said to him. "Deep Oro, Unbork, Mistral Arts scroll. Home."
Were they saying it was...broken? Bo could scarcely ascertain what that might imply for the safety of the people of Uran at large, or even if that threatened the integrity of the nexus the Janis Chamber served anchor for. Would that also put all those other places at risk as well? There was much at stake here and so little understanding.

Zero, just what were you trying to accomplish? Was my assumption of you wrong? Did you know this would happen?

So many questions he wished he could ask. Yet, something told Bo that even if he did so he wouldn't get the answers he truly sought. Just a clever repartee to dodge giving a tangible answer. Something wasn't adding up for him, everyone else had such a low opinion of his Venkage companion. He on the other hand was choosing still to remain curious. There was much to still unearth.
"The Venkage have been connected to Uran since we have a record of it. They built the Janus chamber as far as I know, it seems to be made of Mistral, a compound only the Venkage can synthesize, just like the Waves of Horus. Wherever Mistral is, there is always a way back to the ancestral lands."
Simply astounding! So the Venkage were people capable of forging something of this nature? The bloodlines that laced Vescrutia's veins were truly remarkable. Naten could be seen as a mirror and the many ways it is used and shaped are nothing more than an image that varies from use to use. To think the world harbored creation like this Jnais Chamber. Such a powerful creation though must have had its dangers. Its existence though, reminded Dazuma what his initial mission was. To find anything that connected his people to the world at large. A rune, a book, a artifact anything that would give way to a breakthrough around early Denkou life and the 10,000-year journey that shaped them into the superpower they were now. Somehow, he could not shake the feeling that he was on the right path and needed to see this event to its conclusion. It could only serve to also improve his people's relationship with the current stakeholders of several of the powerful realms on Vescrtuia. Each person here was a potential ally to not only his cause but solidifying positive relations with other lands. He needed to be useful, he would make sure to see this through. Even if it boiled down to him only being able to get answers from Zero as to what brought all of this about.

"So are we witnessing a possible destabilization of the connected paths way that is connected to the Janis Chamber? Could the ripple effect of that be people disappearing from both sight and mind? The possible forced teleportation could be explained...the impact of the memory is what's extra worrisome to me. What could have such an effect?

He didn't realize that he might be asking the question more so to himself than to the group but his hypothesis was loud enough to be heard by those around him.

Fate II
Drifter

Post by Fate II »

Dazuma wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:30 pm

"So are we witnessing a possible destabilization of the connected paths way that is connected to the Janis Chamber? Could the ripple effect of that be people disappearing from both sight and mind? The possible forced teleportation could be explained...the impact of the memory is what's extra worrisome to me. What could have such an effect?
Veronica gasped giddily hearing Bo’s assumption of the events at hand. ANthropology and the study of Vescrutia’s cultures gave her a thrill like no other, everywhere you turn there’s an epic tale to be told and she relished in unraveling the mystery.

“That’s exactly what we’re going to find out, isn’t it?” she said, leaning into Bo’s shoulder.

Azul scratched his head, “Yeah, I think we can figure it out, but we’re gonna have to take shifts on that one. Let me get her covered, David and Lana, you’re sure you’re fine to handle him?”

“You bet you-” “We’ll be just fine. With the cuffs and my bottles, everything will be fine.”

Lana spoke up first and David delivered the intended message while both of them walked over to Zero’s side.

Lambda inhaled sharply and the bars of light pinned through Zero faded one by one. David slid a necklace from his pocket over Zero’s head and took him by the arm. Lana had already swiftly latched a pair of onyx black chains around his ankles while the perpetrator had his agency returned to him.

“Long time no see, buddy,” David said with a hand firmly around Zero’s upper arm. Lana took the chance to shake some sense to him, screaming at the top of her lungs.

“WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS?! NOBODY SHOULD BE LIKE THIS!”

“Nice to see yall too. Can we get something to eat, I’m starving?” Zero asked with a loud rumbling belly.

“Lana, we’re going. Lambda, Azul, please get your rest and we’ll reconvene this evening, yes?”

“Definitely. I’d rather let you all in while she’s not about to pass out.” Azul said.

“Dawn is fine,” Lambda emphasized.

“Madame Ortiz, I presume we’ll be staying at the same inn as last evening?” Veronica asked.

“Yes, and Bo you will also have your accommodations there for the evening as well,” Lambda said.

“I’m sure we can find some way to pass the time, I hear the food here is legendary. Shall we go?” Veronica asked.

And downtime ensued, Lambda needed rest and Azul to attend, Zero had his new babysitters and Veronica had a lot more exploring to do. There was still some daylight left and dinner would be nice after a stressful arraignment. Zero, although looking guilty didn’t look much like the thief she thought capable of such a powerful item, but big things do come in unsuspecting packages.

Azul and Lambda walked toward the frosted glass walls and walked through, shaking the tension off their shoulders before vanishing into the other side.

“Man, I sure do wish we could catch some food… I’m hungry too.” David said mostly to himself. “Where are you guys going?” he asked Bo and Veronica.

“I was going to head back to the inn, there was a delicious smelling grille over by the waterfront,” Veronica said. “I was thinking we could compare some notes there before coming back together, but you seem to have a new ward with you.”

David looked at them, looked at Zero who smiled right at him, then back at Bo and Veronica. Lana just scowled and turned away, knowing he’d probably override anything she would suggest in the name of food, they hadn’t eaten in a long time and he loved a good meal.

“You have any ideas, Bo?”

Dalazar Denkou
Drifter

Post by Dalazar Denkou »

Bo's concentration was broken as Veronica rubbed against him. It had been so long since he's had the space and time to analyze phenomena aside from the secrets of his bloodline. It was pretty refreshing. He only wished it was not at the expense of the good people of Uran. Even more so by the actions of someone, he was connected to. He smiled, her vigor was exceptionally infectious. With such zeal for the world around them, he would love to be able to talk to her about her journeys across the mother. Especially since he had lived such a sheltered life stories fanned the flames of his ambition as a hunter of knowledge.
Lambda inhaled sharply and the bars of light pinned through Zero faded one by one. David slid a necklace from his pocket over Zero’s head and took him by the arm. Lana had already swiftly latched a pair of onyx black chains around his ankles while the perpetrator had his agency returned to him.
Bo stood by Lambda's side.
“Yes, and Bo you will also have your accommodations there for the evening as well,” Lambda said.
"My lady, please make sure to rest properly. And thank you... you truly are a shining example of the very heart of Uran"

Bo said as her anthem lifted the bindings of light fixated onZero's which we quickly exchanged for a new shiny set of cuffs and shackles.
“Long time no see, buddy,” David said with a hand firmly around Zero’s upper arm. Lana took the chance to shake some sense to him, screaming at the top of her lungs.

“WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS?! NOBODY SHOULD BE LIKE THIS!”

“Nice to see yall too. Can we get something to eat, I’m starving?” Zero asked with a loud rumbling belly.
Bo had not met eyes with Zero just yet...he couldn't bring himself to. There were still so many thoughts and emotions encompassing his heart. It wasn't like he and Zero were the best of friends in fact in so many varying ways they were total strangers. In truth, Bo even considered that Zero preyed on his naivety purely for the sake of being able to easily string him into this web of secrets and deceit. However, to think that he played a part in the possible ruin of this place that was literally woven with love and unity sat a throne of discomfort in Bo's soul. However, he truly did not think Zero was a malicious fiend. There had to be a motive, a reason for this betrayal.
David looked at them, looked at Zero who smiled right at him, then back at Bo and Veronica. Lana just scowled and turned away, knowing he’d probably override anything she would suggest in the name of food, they hadn’t eaten in a long time and he loved a good meal.

“You have any ideas, Bo?
Finally, he looked at Zero. His face didn't convey the emotional congestion swelling inside him. His blank face met Zero's gaze. It softened into a light smile. He was just glad this didn't end in an execution of any sort.

"Actually...I was wondering if I could have a word with Zero. Alone, shackled of course"

He said bowing before both of them.

I just need a few minutes, I humbly beg of you. After that, we can do whatever you all's hearts desire."

He said hoping they would oblige his request.

Return to “Exploration”