The Realm Of Hojuku- [End]

These are areas outside of the realms of the Alliance. Venture out into Vescrutia's open world and explore. Go anywhere and show us a side of Vescrutia that might not have been discovered yet.
Zolgarious Gilden
Drifter

Re: The Realm Of Hojuku

Post by Zolgarious Gilden »

"Ugh well, you see..."

Zol lightly chuckled to waft through his unpreparedness being brought to the light. The summons was so sudden, and he was so geeked he rushed to the Ark, leaving his dossier behind. He figured he'd do what he had just done and ask questions about what he felt he needed to know. Now that he thought about it, he couldn't tell Erigor to test his mantle as a hunter and then fumble around, making amateur mistakes like not reading your mission details. He knew he better tighten up fast. If he wanted to be someone others could depend on, he needed to take things more seriously. If this went like his last mission, No...he would not let that happen again. From here on out, his game face was on. He...had a goal that was dear to his heart that I must see fulfilled.

"Wizardy huh, and naten snatching soul magic eh, reminds me of the outer beings of Zevlar 8"

He murmured more to himself than to Cyrus; he was reminded of that harrowing battle across the stars. Those guys were sinister, evil, interdimensional whatchamacallits with tentacles that could go incorporeal and rip out living souls. Ultimately, they fell to him as he had extraordinary ways of dealing with casters, especially anything trying to mess with his soul.
"-Which reminds me, Zol- while you do possess your own plateau of respect among the Guild, I am non familiar with your hunting abilities. I have no idea how you fight or your method of approach." He said, suddenly stopping in his tracks and folding his arms. "You've heard my plan- as a polymorph, my abilities allow me to alter my physiological integrity to mimic anything I've eaten within my lifetime. With them, I prioritize overwhelming and unrelenting techniques. I'm up front. I'm in their faces. And if I wanted to, I could probably wrestle this cult until the suns sets next week."
It was the first time since returning that anyone had even asked what it was. Zol was cable now as he was. It felt like a "tell me about yourself" interview question, making him just as uneasy. Since returning to the guild, he hadn't had the chance to flex what he could do in many ways, still aware of the scope of his abilities now having a body that was just as strong as his spirit.
He sounded as if he was bragging, and he may have been a little bit. Cyrus took pride in his abilities, of course. But he took greater pride in the confidence his strength placed in those around him. Not only did Cyrus want Zol to be comfortable with fighting alongside him, he wanted him to feel protected. No less than if he were fighting alongside the Primal Fang himself. It wasn't extrinsically stated by Erigor, but during his briefing Cyrus could feel a certain level of trepidation in his GuildMaster's voice when he told him Zol would be accompanying him. There was no way in hell Cyrus would allow Zol to be harmed during this mission, but in order to do that he needed to know as much about his ally as he could.
"Well, let's see, how can I put this?"

He said as he adjusted his gauntlets that hummed with a spectral-esque light. When he thought about how to sum up his skills best, he felt it would be easier to show them. So, he would perform a few mundane movements of his hand to cause a pillar about his height to rise. It would lift off the ground, hovering slightly above the earth.

"The earth and me are practically one; I can manipulate its shape, size, consistency, you name it just as easily as breathing"

That very same pillar would begin to shrink and compress and form into all kinds of shapes and weapons.

"If I gave it my all, I could probably create something about three times this monument. I could even terraform this entire Island had I half a mind to"

The condensed pillar was then caught in his grip.

"My physical strength and durability are nothing to scoff at either. Though he was wounded, I managed to pull through a full-throttle punch from Erigor himself."

Zol wasn't the bragging type by far. However, he could pick up on the outer echoes of meaning behind Cyrus's pride. He took the care of those in his charge seriously. His braggart demeanor must've given others the confidence to stand firm, knowing he was beside them. Indsie, the earth of his soul, brought comfort to him. However, one thing he noticed about Cyrus was the same feeling he got from Erigor, the same worry he saw about Amir. The urge that everyone had to shield him from danger. If he was going to be an arm for even Cyrus to depend on, he needed to show he possessed the power to see that dream a reality right now.

"As far as my fighting style, well... that's a little harder to explain. It would be easier to show you."

He would reach out, placing his hand upon Cyrus's shoulder. His eyes would become emboldened with his aura, the might of his soul. He would then cause that aura to flow through Cyrus, allowing him to experience the invigoration of his very cells being imbued with his spiritual power like he could lift the monument itself with his bare hands. This would expose him to Zol's soul plane briefly, just enough to witness the core of his anthem Caudlron.

"My Anthem; Cauldron allows me an almost interminable retainer for energy. Namely, that of my soul, which can be measured to the very black of space, as it has the potential to become just as boundless. With this power, I have nigh total dominion over my spiritual self, granting me arbiters like astral projection, increasing the power of me or my allies, and being able to heal them, shatter and dispel hexes, etc. I have felled all kinds of crazy terrors, each with their menacing darkness trying to gain my soul for their own. For reasons I've yet to unveil, demons and creatures like them in malefic nature are especially susceptible to the wavelength my soul ebbs and flows with. Using that to my advantage, I can "Exorcise" otherworldly force back to where they came...or to another place entirely using a form of Mystic Arts handed down to me known as Banishment.

The limits of application of Zol's Aura abilities were only as stunted as his imagination. He could fit whatever role the situation required, whether for offense, defense, or support. Whether the situation calls for beams of aura powerful enough to blast through a mountain or conjuring defensive fields strong enough to repel a meteor or trap malign spirits, if need be, he could even use his power to heal mortal wounds. His versatility and exceptional adaptability made him a force to reckon with. With that, his aura would recede, fading into nothing. He wanted Cryus also to know comfort that he wasn't here to protect Zol but that Zol was here to protect and support him as well. He was known as the Etheral Berseker back in Carna for a reason. His fist could shatter all kinds of malicious influences.

"Listen, Cyrus, I know everyone is worried about me. I get it, but treating me like a fine china or some porcelain doll isn't protecting me; it keeps me from growing. Protecting does not have to be yours alone as a defender of the realm. We will lay this darkness to rest. With you watching my back"

He said, raising a fist for a bump, and hopefully, one obliged.

"And me watching yours!"
Last edited by Zolgarious Gilden on Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fate I
Drifter

Post by Fate I »

"Well, let's see, how can I put this?.. "The earth and me are practically one; I can manipulate its shape, size, consistency, you name it just as easily as breathing…

He said as he adjusted his gauntlets that hummed with a spectral-esque light. When he thought about how to sum up his skills best, he felt it would be easier to show them. So he would perform a few mundane movements of his hand to cause a pillar about his height to rise. It would lift off the ground, hovering slightly above the earth.

"My physical strength and durability are nothing to scoff at either. Though he was wounded, I managed to pull through a full-throttle punch from Erigor himself."
Cyrus found that hard to believe.. Erigor, even on his best day, was the most fearsome warrior Helidor had ever known. He scoffed at the thought. “Do you truly think–”
He would reach out, placing his hand upon Cyrus's shoulder. His eyes would become emboldened with his aura, the might of his soul. He would then cause that aura to flow through Cyrus, allowing him to experience the invigoration of his very cells being imbued with his spiritual power like he could lift the monument itself with his bare hands. This would expose him to Zol's soul plane briefly, just enough to witness the core of his anthem Caudlron.

–"My Anthem; Cauldron allows me an almost boundless retainer for energy. Namely, that of my soul, which can be linked to the very black of space, for it just as boundless. With this power, I have nigh dominion over my spiritual self, granting me arbiters like astral projection, increasing the power of me or my allies, and being able to heal them, shatter and dispel hexes, etc..

I can share that the most important part of my skills is my ability to banish beings to other astral planes. For a reason, I am still unsure if evil beings are especially susceptible to the wavelength my soul ebbs and flows with. Using that to my advantage, I can "Exorcise" otherworldly force back to where they came...or to another place entirely."

With that, his aura would recede, fading into nothing.
Cyrus recoiled once Zol released him from his immersive embrace. It left him breathless, partly because he wasn't expecting it, but the sheer magnitude of Zol’s abilities was awe inspiring. He immediately understood why Erigor opted to volunteer his son for this mission in particular. He was more less a direct counter for the Munda Abundi- their methods of spiritual perversion would give Zol a direct advantage on the battlefield given the purification theme of his anthem. “Remarkable..” He muttered to himself before he noticed that Zol extended his fist to be bumped. Cyrus gave him a nod and returned his fist bump before they continued walking. He was ready to proceed with his plan. Zol's lack of experience would make any other complicated tactics too dangerous. Cyrus would rely on their combined might and his tactical experience to see them through the end of this quest

Dusk was approaching.

Soon, Cyrus and Zol would come across a clearing where they would see in the horizon a large, specialized carriage being pulled by the leg strength of an Ul’tar- elephant sized native creatures of Hojuku. They are a naturally docile species; herbivores who feed on the surplus of vegetation found within the biome, but their colossal stature and physical dimensions made them formidable beasts if provoked, or in this case, weaponized. Leather straps and shackles were laced around its massive tusks, with the reins held tight by a robed rider saddled atop of its back. They wore all black, covered from their hands to their feet in a peculiar thread that seemed to shift in the air like a sentient smog.

Walking alongside of the Ul’tar and the massive carriage it hauled were been about eight other robed sentinels. Each of them varying in size and stature, but their relative power levels were shrouded beneath their enigmatic veils.

Cyrus and Zol were more than two hundred yards behind them, but the group of mysterious travelers also appeared to be heading toward the Abundi Shrine. Cyrus noticed them and would caution Zol accordingly. "Ahead of us.. I count a dozen, but I cannot sense their energy."

Cyrus admitted with his body beginning to radiate quaking levels of energy. But as he analyzed further, he recognized the sigil inscribed upon the carriage in gold. A realization that nearly sent him ablaze with anger. "Ferrymen?!" He roared beneath his breath in guttural tone, mindful as to not tip off his enemies before he engaged them, but he was furious nonetheless. The Ferrymen were a notorious syndicate of intergalactic sex traffickers who have utilized demonic and mystical avenues to abduct billions of women from different worlds, dimensions, even periods of time.

This was not Cyrus' first encounter with the cabal, and had even managed to assist in the rescue and liberation of hundreds of woman of Helidor displaced by their malicious motives. But he couldn't save enough of them. "What are they doing here?!" He roared through gritted teeth. The evil gang was older than Helidor itself and Cyrus was only around to deter a single one of their plans.

He feared that the carriage was filled to the brim with woman of powerful magical origin and the Munda Abundi must have purchased them. However, Cyrus would be damned if he allowed them to reach that shrine. "It matters not..", he muttered to himself before turning to Zol, whom in his rage, he'd nearly forgotten was around. "Ready yourself, Gilden! Our fight begins now!"

Zolgarious Gilden
Drifter

"Oh wow .. a real live Ul’tar."

"Sure hate to fight against that thing”

Meru said to Zol who was staring with awe. He had read about these creatures in archives before, but never had he seen such a massive beast up close. To think the Munda Abundi used such a majestic creature for their nefarious ends. That felt alone added more flames to the smoldering fury bubbling in the pit of his stomach. The moment he laid eyes on the cult, that fury came to a head. Zol wrestled with himself not to spring ahead in a passionate crusade to save the people and raze hell on the wicked. However, he managed to keep a leveled head, taking note of the large caravan, which was the reason.

“Those devils, they never give up to they…”

The ferrymen would be here given their mo and the sheer magnitude of this operation. They traveled the stars above and the space between realms, abducting women with mystic solid abilities. Though Zol had never commented on them, he was familiar with their assault on his homeland and their detestable reasons for doing so. If those bottom feeders were here, this operation would be much larger than it originated scaled. Their foul ilk were amongst the most heinous in the cosmos, and Zol did not intend to show them mercy.

"If we strike now, we run the risk of endangering the people here as well as the inside."

He didn't doubt they could ultimately take down this group, but at what cost? They ran the risk of being unable to go all out to ensure the innocent were not caught in the crossfire or their enemies taking full advantage of their handicap. However, though they weren't considered very powerful physically, he knew never to underestimate those who wield the dark arts when their backs were against the wall. A beast cornered with a will to survive can be dangerous, no matter the size of its fangs.

"Sacrificing this many lives has to take an incredible amount of time and preparation, so they must have a place where they keep them. Our priority should first be the people. Our wrath will yield for now..”

If one weren't careful, they could mistake Zol's proposal for one of pacifism.. but It was quite the opposite. His voice was trembling, not out of fear nor anxiousness. The disdain in his heart when he thought what inexplicable pain the people of Hojuku must have endured, how they might still be suffering, the angst made his left handshake to the point he had to use his other to keep it steady. He was giving it everything he had to keep his emotions in check. After all, the people were the lifeblood of their ambitions. They would strike a blow that would serve them doubly if they could secure them—slowing down the cult and letting Cyrus release the entire configuration of his anger.

Fate I
Drifter

Post by Fate I »

If we strike now, we run the risk of endangering the people here as well as the inside."

Zol didn't doubt they could ultimately take down this group, but at what cost? They ran the risk of being unable to go all out to ensure the innocent were not caught in the crossfire or their enemies taking full advantage of their handicap.

"Sacrificing this many lives has to take an incredible amount of time and preparation, so they must have a place where they keep them. Our priority should first be the people. Our wrath will yield for now..”
As the distance between them and the carriage stretched, the tension in the air became palpable. Each passing moment swelled into a silent testament to the weight of their decision. Cyrus's pursed lips spoke volumes, his jaw clenched tight with restrained fury. His eyes, like smoldering embers, remained fixed on the traffickers ahead, burning with an intensity that mirrored the flames of his rage.

“Wise words..” he grumbled through gritted teeth, torn between frustration and begrudging admiration for Zol's insight. "You're starting to impress me." he added, the admission a reluctant acknowledgment of Zol's growing influence.

With a reluctant exhale Cyrus eased the tension in his stance, but the fire in his gaze refused to dim. "Change of plans.." he conceded, the words carrying the weight of their newfound resolve. "Erigor couldn't have foreseen the involvement of the Ferrymen, and he would surely make the same call if he knew innocent lives were at stake. We will prioritize the safety of the hostages. They'll be our key to breaching whatever defenses lie outside the Shrine, as long as we maintain our distance.” he explained, the plan taking shape with each word spoken. "I fear.. our enemies may delay their reckoning today.. but mark my words, Zol, these zealots and traffickers will answer for their crimes." he concluded, his voice a low rumble of promise, a harbinger of the reckoning yet to come.

-Nightfall

Zol and Cyrus trailed the traffickers through the vast expanse of the Hojuku grasslands, the verdant landscape stretching out before them like an endless sea of green. As they pressed forward, the terrain began to change, giving way to rugged mountains that rose like ancient titans against the horizon. Their journey continued nevertheless, each step echoing softly in the stillness of the mountain air. The sound of gravel crunching beneath their boots mingled with the occasional skitter of loose stones cascading down the slopes, a testament to the treacherous nature of the path. The Ul’tar, massive and restless, strained against its rider's control as they navigated the narrow trails, its presence adding an undercurrent of tension to the already fraught atmosphere. The carriage wobbled and swayed, but stayed secured throughout.

Overhead, the towering peaks stood sentinel-like against the darkened sky, their jagged outlines cutting sharp silhouettes against the starry canvas above. Dark clouds drifted ominously overhead, concealing the presence of nightmarish avian sentries that patrolled the skies with deadly precision. These winged creatures, manipulated and controlled by a squadron of trained riders, served as the cult's eyes and ears, reporting any intruders or abnormalities encountered during their patrols. Yet, in the cloak of nightfall, Zol and Cyrus remained undetected, their presence hidden from the watchful gaze of their adversaries.

Finally, the carriage of the Ferrymen arrived at a narrow pass nestled between two imposing cliffs, where the shrine of the Munda Abundi lay concealed amidst the craggy peaks. Torches flickered ominously in the cold night air, their purple flames casting eerie shadows that danced across the rocky walls, illuminating the trail ahead with an otherworldly emerald glow.

As Zol and Cyrus closed in on the shrine's gate, they were met with a sight both imposing and foreboding. Massive stone pillars flanked the entrance, their surfaces etched with ancient runes that seemed to pulse with an otherworldly energy under the flickering torchlight. At the heart of the gate loomed a massive iron portcullis, its rusted spikes glinting ominously in the dim glow, a silent sentinel barring entry to the shrine's inner sanctum.

Guarding the gate were two figures clad in dark armor, their faces concealed behind sinister masks adorned with twisted designs reminiscent of demonic visages. Their presence exuded an aura of menace, their eyes sharp and watchful as they stood sentinel over the entrance to the shrine. Beyond them, others lurked in the shadows, positioned strategically along the perimeter of the edifice to ensure the sanctity of their master's domain.

As the carriage of the Ferrymen drew near, one of the guards stepped forward to intercept them, his voice cutting through the silence like a blade. "No further." he declared, his hand raised in a commanding gesture to halt the approaching Ul'tar and its rider. With a nod of acquiescence, the rider brought the massive beast to a stop, the other robed figures gathered around the carriage following suit, their movements fluid and coordinated.

As the rider dismounted and approached the guards, Cyrus and Zol remained hidden from view, their presence undetected in the mountain shadows. From their vantage point, they watched with bated breath as the scene unfolded before them, their hearts pounding with anticipation for the confrontation that was about to unfold. The rider said nothing to the guards, and instead handed him what Cyrus eyes could only assume to be a scroll from this distance.

With a quick once-over, the guard of the shrine nodded in approval, his gaze sweeping over the carriage and its entourage with a discerning eye. "Open the gate!" he commanded, his voice carrying the weight of authority as he beckoned to an unseen force that answered his call. With a creak and a groan the rusted bars of the enchanted portcullis began to stir, triggering the ancient mechanisms to grind, churn, rise, and ultimately provide entry to Munda Abundi's inner sanctum.

"You will wait here." the armored sentry declared, his words firm and unwavering as he addressed the travelers gathered before him. "We will inspect the cargo. The ForeRunner is sending an envoy to the gates. They will provide your payment."

The atmosphere crackled with tension as the travelers awaited their fate, the air thick with anticipation for what was to come. Beyond the gate, the looming silhouette of the shrine cast a shadow over the scene, its darkened halls holding secrets known only to those who dared to tread within its hallowed walls.

"The time has come." Cyrus whispered to Zol, but his words carried away on the wind- barely audible amidst the howling of the mountain gusts. "I will create a distraction, drawing their attention away from the hostages long enough for you to retrieve them."

With a solemn nod of determination, Cyrus affirmed his plan, his eyes scanning the rugged terrain for potential avenues of attack. "I'll scale the cliff to the south- opposite of the gate." he murmured, his breath forming wisps of mist in the frigid air. "Try to keep your focus away from the carriage. It could be paramount in transporting all of the hostages at once."

His voice was steady, his resolve unshakable as he prepared to enact his part in their daring rescue mission. With a final glance towards Zol, Cyrus steeled himself for the battle ahead, knowing that their success depended on their unity and determination in the face of overwhelming odds. He didn't realize it until now, but throughout their miles of hiking and traveling, Cyrus had adopted a deep respect for Zol. One he figured reserved only for superior officers, or someone he'd happily take orders from. Yet and still, he would reserve any compliment. He didn't want to praise anything less than greatness. And upon completing this mission, whether or not it went as they initially planned, Zol would smash those preconceived barriers to pieces.

Okoye
Drifter

Post by Okoye »

Okoye thought that she would have to abandon her original plan to strike the Abundi Shrine at nightfall. The arrival of Zol and Cyrus, despite their aligned intentions, brought unknown variables to her clandestine attack strategy that she couldn't account for. Attitudes and predilections that came laden with egos and ulterior motives. The three of them were technically on the same side- weapons primed at the same target. But their ambitions- the reasons each of them were truly here in Hojuku.. that was an entirely different story.

Okoye opted to follow Cyrus and Zol after the two of them moved far enough ahead for her to operate alone. And she did so secretly of course, her movements swift and silent tailed their movements unnoticed. She didn't want to risk them tipping off the Munda Abundi to their preemptive assault and was prepared to intervene if their actions grew too impulsive or reckless. That was when the visage of the Ul’tar and its carriage could be seen trekking in the far distance.
Cyrus and Zol were more than two hundred yards behind them, but the group of mysterious travelers also appeared to be heading toward the Abundi Shrine. Cyrus noticed them and would caution Zol accordingly. "Ahead of us.. I count a dozen, but I cannot sense their energy."

Cyrus admitted with his body beginning to radiate quaking levels of energy. But as he analyzed further, he recognized the sigil inscribed upon the carriage in gold. A realization that nearly sent him ablaze with anger. "Ferrymen?!" He roared beneath his breath in guttural tone, mindful as to not tip off his enemies before he engaged them, but he was furious nonetheless.

The Ferrymen were a notorious syndicate of intergalactic sex traffickers who have utilized demonic and mystical avenues to abduct billions of women from different worlds, dimensions, even periods of time..

"It matters not..", he muttered to himself before turning to Zol, whom in his rage, he'd nearly forgotten was around. "Ready yourself, Gilden! Our fight begins now!"
Okoye had no prior knowledge of the Ferrymen, and could careless about the sanctity of the cargo being hauled. However, hearing that Cyrus was prepared to compromise her plan by attacking the traffickers nearly sprung her out of her hiding spot. But then Zol's response provided the insight that his contemporary lacked.
"If we strike now, we run the risk of endangering the people here as well as the inside."

He didn't doubt they could ultimately take down this group, but at what cost? They ran the risk of being unable to go all out to ensure the innocent were not caught in the crossfire or their enemies taking full advantage of their handicap.

From her concealed vantage point, Okoye smiled, her keen senses attuned to every word exchanged between Zol and Cyrus. Thanks to her genetic advantages, eavesdropping had become an art form for her, honed over years of practice and refinement, and she couldn't help but nod in silent affirmation of Zol's contingent response.
"Change of plans.." Cyrus conceded, the words carrying the weight of their newfound resolve. "Erigor couldn't have foreseen the involvement of the Ferrymen, and he would surely make the same call if he knew innocent lives were at stake. We will prioritize the safety of the hostages. They'll be our key to breaching whatever defenses lie outside the Shrine, as long as we maintain our distance.”
Personally, Okoye harbored little concern for the fate of the hostages. Her presence in Hojuku was driven by a singular purpose: to discern the true strength of Ashura's Crown. Yet, she understood the strategic importance of avoiding unnecessary provocation of the shrine's defenses. Any attack on the traffickers would undoubtedly draw the attention of the cult, alerting them to the impending threat and jeopardizing the element of surprise.

Squandering the advantage of surprise would only serve to magnify the difficulty of their task, making it all the more imperative for Okoye to tread carefully and avoid any actions that could tip their hand prematurely. With each passing moment, the weight of their mission hung heavy in the air, and Okoye braced herself for the challenges that lay ahead, determined to see their mission through to its inevitable conclusion.

Fortunately, Zol's heroic turn of phrase warded Cyrus away from an impulsive strike to more of a conservative pivot. This would allow her to enact her plan afterall.. even if theirs had altered entirely.

Finally, the carriage of the Ferrymen arrived at a narrow pass nestled between two imposing cliffs, where the shrine of the Munda Abundi lay concealed amidst the craggy peaks. Torches flickered ominously in the cold night air, their purple flames casting eerie shadows that danced across the rocky walls, illuminating the trail ahead with an otherworldly emerald glow..

At the gate loomed a massive iron portcullis, its rusted spikes glinting ominously in the dim glow, a silent sentinel barring entry to the shrine's inner sanctum..

Guarding the gate were two figures clad in dark armor, their faces concealed behind sinister masks adorned with twisted designs reminiscent of demonic visages..
Okoye trailed them with silent and deliberate grace, her every movement calculated and precise. Concealing her spiritual energy, she melded seamlessly into the surrounding landscape, her form blending into the dense foliage of the grassland and the shadows of the rocky terrain.

As night fell, Okoye watched from her hidden vantage point as the Ferrymen and their carriage approached the torchlit gates of the Abundi Shrine. The sight sent a shiver down her spine, for even from a distance, she could feel the malevolent energies emanating from within its walls. It was suffocating, a palpable darkness that hung heavy in the air like a poisonous miasma.

Yet, despite the oppressive atmosphere, Okoye hesitated to label it as inherently evil. Instead, it seemed to pulse with a different kind of darkness, one born not of malice, but of pain and suffering. It reeked of the raw emotion, the toxic culmination of terror and despair that had festered within its walls for far too long.
..As the carriage of the Ferrymen drew near, one of the guards stepped forward to intercept them.. The rider dismounted and approached the guards.. they handed him a scroll from this distance.

With a quick once-over, the guard of the shrine nodded in approval, his gaze sweeping over the carriage and its entourage with a discerning eye.

"Open the gate!" he commanded. And with a creak and a groan the rusted bars of the enchanted portcullis began to stir, triggering the ancient mechanisms to grind, churn, rise, and ultimately provide entry to Munda Abundi's inner sanctum.
“.. finally.” She thought to herself. She was growing incredibly impatient from all the skulking about. And unlike Cyrus and Zol, she had no intention of pulling her punches. The second the gate to the shrine was lifted and the magical charms guarding entry were dispelled, Okoye immediately sprung into action.

She appeared standing on top of the massive carriage in a blister of speed that defied the physical laws. It was a technique she acquired from her fight with Zero Venkage. Though brief, she was able analyze and mimic his intense movements, and adapt them to her own amorphous style of combat. Though unpolished, it granted her a burst of speed that may as well have made her invisible to the naked eye. And one she used to catch the armored sentries and the robed traffickers off guard.

“Ƴøƙæî”
(To me..)

After a single handsign, she parted her lips, forming silent syllables in a language unintelligible by the physical world. The whispered utterance triggered the ancient sigils etched onto her flesh—symbols of binding and power—to shimmer with an ominous crimson glow.

In response to her invocation, a presence was beckoned- a primal force bound to her soul by ancient pacts and blood rites (Ashura's Crown). It was an eldritch terror, a demon of unfathomable power and malevolence, its very essence thrumming with an aura of dread and darkness. The creature melded from nothingness.. a nightmarish manifestation of the ocean's wrath. This towering colossus stood twelve feet tall, its monstrous form composed of swirling pools of dark water, and its tentacle-like appendages stretching to unnaturally elongated dimensions. Its face was adorned with rows of razor-sharp teeth that seemed to stretch endlessly within its cavernous maw.

Its golden malevolent eyes peered out from the depths of its watery visage, instilling fear in all who dare to gaze upon it. It was unimaginably hungry and infinitely more enraged at its capture.. Okoye needn't turn around to see the demon behind her, she could feel its blood lust as if it were her own. Every fiber of it's malicious being wanted to kill her but it couldn't. Luckily, Okoye's first command allowed it to harness that feeling.

“Ťaàtake”
(All of them)

Okoye's soundless command immediately sent the water demon into a killing spree while she remained motionless atop of the carriage. She wanted to watch.. that was the purpose of this mission. Analyze and discern the strength and weaknesses of her summons. The demon harbored the ability to absorb the moisture directly out of any target it chose and its watery appendages were capable of dissolving through nearly substance and its main source of attack was a wide ranging array of slashes with them. Before she sealed it within herself, the fight the beast put up within the A'aola Korev, if nothing else, proved it was relentless. Today she wanted to see just how strong it was if given a loose leash.. but a leash nonetheless.

Those not spiritually adept would be naturally unable to see the demon during its unprejudiced warpath. Okoye standing atop of the carriage was the only thing preserving the hostages.

Fate I
Drifter

Post by Fate I »

The veil between worlds trembled as the specteal Hydra plunged the grounds outside of the gates into chaos. Its monstrous form, a nightmarish amalgamation of swirling dark waters and razor-sharp appendages, tore through the ranks of robed traffickers in a matter or seconds. Those close enough to be within its reach found themselves ensnared by its watery appendages, their screams drowned out by the sounds of battle. The demon's razor-sharp teeth tore through armor and flesh alike, leaving a trail of devastation in its wake .

Its watery tentacles thrashing wildly as it sought out its prey. The two armored guards of the cult, frozen in terror, stood little chance against the onslaught. Neither of them were spiritually aware enough to see the demon, but they both lifted their weapons in an attempt to fashion a resolute stance against this unseen predator. They drew their weapons and struck futilely against the creature's incorporeal form.. But their futile attempts at defense only served to stoke the creature's insatiable hunger.

Amidst the carnage, the guard nearest the gate roared through a font of terror into darkened skies. “We're under attack!” , the desperate cry cutting through the carnage like a clarion call. The haunting melody, tinged with urgency, echoed across the battlefield, signaling to all within earshot that the shrine was under siege.

In response to the blood curdling cry, a group of the cults most devout and powerful mages descended onto the scene with solemn resolve. They had porcelain, pale white skin with dark eyes and jaggedd horns protruding from their body. It would be reasonable to assume they were once human. Now, their bodies were grotesque mockeries of the natural forms, living monuments to the dark forces they worshiped. “We must protect the ForeRunner!” They spoke and moved in unison. Gifted by the occult rituals of the Munda Abundi, these four mages were capable of unspeakable power.

Three of them would materialize their weapons of choice- spears inscribed with powerful sigils, before they engaged their incorporeal foe. They possessed more than enough mystical awareness to perceive its body and their weapons would make its abstract body bleed. The final occult mage remained at the gate of the shrine, and created a barrier that prevented entry.

Just aa Cyrus motioned to leave Zol and commit to their plan, he witnessed the carnage and froze in awe. “..By the gods” Cyrus’ response spoke to his confusion. While he was powerful and magically adept, he was unable to see the creature controlled by Okoye's thrall. His fury contorted into caution before looking to Zol, embarrassed to ask if he was privy to what was going on.

Zolgarious Gilden
Drifter

"Wise words.."
He sighed with relief; he wasn't sure that he would be able to convince Cyrus through his anger. He could genuinely speak to how much a valiant man Cyrus was at heart. To set aside his rage, Zol felt it more profound than just a general disdain for the unrighteousness.
"You're starting to impress me.
He tried not to let the acknowledgment to his head, but he could be seen scratching the side of his head with his index finger. To receive words like that from Cryus, someone so well respected in the guild and a long-time ally of his father. Knowing that he was walking in those footsteps and filling them in his way further admonished him that he would realize his goal: a smiling Heliodr, a golden world. He only nodded, confirming his partner's words. The ferrymen and all their depravity were obstacles along that path, a stain that needed to be cleaned. They trailed them without fail to conceal their presence seamlessly, meddling in with the environment around them. Dwindling the potency of his spiritual energy was trivial to Zol. Most beings could not feel his spiritual wavelength unless their perception of the unseen was high tier. The cover of nightfall was just as valuable. The closer they got to the shrine, the thicker its heinous emanation became, like a hand gripping his neck. A claw was scratching at the back of his mind. He would take a solemn breath, fortifying his mind and body.

"We were still so far out. I made the right call after all."

He thought to himself as they neared the gated entrance to the string. Had they struck when Cyrus still wanted to be so far away from their target, the enemy would have had far more time to mount a counter-offensive and, in the worst-case scenarios, sacrifice the lives they held hostage. He just didn't want to leave that to chance, and he was glad his friend guildmate saw the intention of his choice. Zol examined the guards at the massive gate. Fiends whose aura was putrid shades of black and nefarious violets, often the aura of evil does with much blood on their hands. These baleful beings must have traded their humanity for demon powers at one point. He wondered if they even cared that they were just cogs in Abduni's schemes and, more broadly, The Ferrymen. Was the hunger for power so linear that one must sacrifice oneself? He had battled with a vengeance; he supposed its toxin was challenging to rid yourself of. Ultimately, Erigor and the other guild members helped him decide to trek a different path. One not of hate but of empowerment. To be the shield for those who could not defend themselves and the blade for those without the courage to strike at their oppressors. What these hellions were doing for the sake of their own desires...there was no forgiving that. As they etched closer, Zol could see Meru becoming increasingly more anxious. His furry friend was experienced and sensitive to aura, and whatever was here had him on edge.
"The time has come." Cyrus whispered to Zol, but his words carried away on the wind- barely audible amidst the howling of the mountain gusts. "I will create a distraction, drawing their attention away from the hostages long enough for you to retrieve them."

Before Zol could comfort his pal, Cyrus had given the order and subsequent action plan. With a solemn nod of determination, Cyrus affirmed his plan, his eyes scanning the rugged terrain for potential avenues of attack. "I'll scale the cliff to the south- opposite the gate," he murmured, his breath forming wisps of mist in the frigid air. "Try to keep your focus away from the carriage. It could be paramount in transporting all of the hostages at once."
Zol nodded in agreeance with his partner's plan. When not begrudged by his furious impulses, his tactical prowess shined, helping Zol trust in his leadership even more so. Zol prepared himself for the battle ahead. They could stall retribution no longer. Just as Zol was ready to unfold the layers of his chastened power, his body was filled with a chill so twisted and malefic it almost dwarfed that of the malice seeping from the shrine. A piercing sanguine light shone brightly, blanketing the shrine. It was not until then that Zol noticed her, Okoye, perched at the zenith of the carriage the gleam's origin. So she had tagged along with them after all? She was incredibly adept at hiding her spiritual presence even from him. However, what ensured next was that he knew not whether to remark in sheer awe or recoil that a nightmare fiend was weaved into this plane from the aura she beckoned. The massive ignoble demon manifested right before his very eyes. The sheer presence induced a bellowing spiritual pressure that felt like the deluge of a fearsome tsunami, and the carnage that followed mirrored this notion.

"By Ergiors blue beard..."

Despite the ravenous onslaught, Zol could see that the demon only attacked the cultists with an elegant precision that belied its maddening wails of anguish. As he examined further, he could see things crimson tethers from Okoye to the creature. She, was a demon summoner? Zol couldn't believe his eyes. She might have been able to conceal her aura from them, but he doubted she could fake her nature. Something told him she didn't have the patience to do so. Every summoner of the demonic realm he knew was evil, twisted people hell-bent on power no matter what it did to them. He also knew not all demons were born from evil, some from loss and regrets. Emotions he had felt as well. But even Zol could see a stark difference between the watcher of the gate and the massive demon above and the difference between their hearts and Okoye's—the litany of things he wanted to ask her, the conversations they might have had. But as Zolgarious saw the fear on Meru and Cyrus's faces, he knew the time for question had not arrived. He heavily doubted she would answer them either way. Zol would stand tossing aside his cover, as the situation was no; there was no need for it any further.

"Im sory Cyrus but the plan has changed again"

Though Zol did not doubt for a second that Cyrus was more than capable in battle, the fact that he could not see the creature in front of him set Zol know that the spiritual awareness he needed to be of use here was nonexistent. As things were, he would be more of a hindrance than help, and Zol could not risk castles trying to instruct him against a foe he could not see.

" Now that the enemy is on high alert, we cannot afford to waste time. You said these guys can take you physically, but spiritually, these guys are beyond even you, trust me. Meru, go with him. You two take advantage of the confusion and secure as many inside as possible. After you do use this...

His gauntlets would produce a mysterious glow before his golden aura intertwined with it. Within seconds, an item like the one he gave Okoye would manifest. A sending stone

"It's a sending stone, although it pales in comparison to Erigor arbiter prowess; with it, the user can teleport themselves to anyone in a 6-meter vicinity. I will catch up to you too shortly, don't worry, I'll make sure there is enough glory to go around for you too"

He tossed the stone in Cyrus' way, hoping his words carried enough weight that Cryus would follow suit. For a second, Meru was transfixed by Zol, whose aura was bursting from him like a sun reaching its peak in the sky or a nova ready to explode. He wanted to stay by his friend's side but knew Zol would not have trusted him with such an essential task if he didn't honestly believe him capable. Zol's greatest hope in this mission was for the safety of the people, and now he had left it up to both of them.

"Meru...friend"

A phrase that allowed Meru to use his aura to anyone Zol deemed a friend. This allowed the wolf to communicate with them via their soul wavelength.

"Let's go, Mr. Grumpy, Zol, in trusting us. We can't let him down now."

Zol's flesh ignited with a delirious golden ferocity without confirming their choice. The vine-like runes that outlined his cardiovascular system teamed with vigor. He stood amidst the flailing winds of the demon's truncal rampage, releasing his spiritual pressure contrary to the rancourous essence of Okoye's summoning, which was like a glorious sun rising after a callous eve. His eyes donned a gilden hue, so bold if the demon weren't here, Zol would be the reason the cultist trembled. As if by thought alone, he appeared feet away from Okoye, who he said nothing to, their eyes meeting for a brief of moments, yet for him, it felt like an eternity. What foe was so terrifying to her that she would go so far as to enslave demons? He wouldn't think about it; he didn't have the time. He weaved together a swift series of ava that would cause his height of power to spike a tier higher. His eyes fixated on the mage casting the barrier.

"Mystic Art: Edict Of Eminece!"

Zol would release his palm in a relaxed yet stout demonstration that betrayed the prodigious nature of the ability he was using. An enormous golden hand of spiritual energy reached out from the top of the carriage. With a fiery vice grip, it attempted to encapsulate the barrier, and the mage, in one fell swoop with enough power to carve a small chasm into the earth. If it succeeds, Cyrus and Meru could enter the shrine unabated. Either that mage would meet his find himself or the barrier crushed by the essence of Zol's numinous eloquence.

Fate I
Drifter

Post by Fate I »

Zol would stand tossing aside his cover, as the situation was no; there was no need for it any further.

"I'm sorry Cyrus but the plan has changed again. Now that the enemy is on high alert, we cannot afford to waste time. You said these guys can't take you physically, but spiritually, they are beyond even you, trust me. Meru, go with him. You two take advantage of the confusion and secure as many inside as possible. After you do use this… It's a sending stone, although it pales in comparison to Erigor arbiter prowess; with it, the user can teleport themselves to anyone in a 6-meter vicinity. I will catch up to you too shortly, don't worry, I'll make sure there is enough glory to go around for you too"

He tossed the stone in Cyrus' direction, hoping his words carried enough weight that Cryus would follow suit.
Zol's voice split through the chaos with a butcher's blade. The young man, despite the enusing chaos, was confident, purposeful, and insightful beyond his years. Meanwhile, Cyrus was silent, Intentful, diligent, and focused on whatever it was that came from his lips. He questioned his decisions, sure,but only for a moment. Cyrus no longer recognized Zol as a child he was entrusted to protect. He didn't even see him as the precious only son of his Guildmaster, Erigor. With a nod, Cyrus heeded the words of a soldier– a man he was more than willing to die for. “Hah! Make haste, then! By the time you make it inside, I will have hollowed it out of all our enemies!”

He said with a competitive smirk just as Zol vanished before his very eyes and entered the fray. It was then, behind a flash of golden light, that Zol's spell cleared the path. Cyrus’ eyes and face burned bright behind the celestial glow of Zol's spell.
As if by thought alone, he appeared feet away from Okoye, who he said nothing to, their eyes meeting for the briefest of moments, yet for him, it felt like an eternity.. He weaved together a swift series of ava that would cause his height of power to spike a tier higher. His eyes fixated on the mage casting the barrier.

"Mystic Art: Edict Of Eminence!"

Zol would release his palm in a relaxed yet stout demonstration that betrayed the prodigious nature of the ability he was using. An enormous golden hand of spiritual energy reached out from the top of the carriage. With a fiery vice grip, it attempted to encapsulate the barrier, and the mage, in one fell swoop with enough power to carve a small chasm into the earth.
He watched in awe as the enormous golden hand tore through the Abundi sorcerer and the hexagonal barrier erected in front of the gate. Despite the zealot's exotic culmination of dark energy, the unique effect of Zol's arbiter directly countered them. His soul somehow seemed to purify the mage of his ill gotten abilities- draining him of all the energy he received from the cults harvesting rituals. He couldn't have known Zol was such a lethal match up- him and his shield were vaporized in an instant.

With the path cleared, Cyrus wasted no time. He exploded from his position, reaching the gate in a single bound with Meru not far behind him. “I'm trusting you not to die here, Gilden..” He prayed under his breath before bolting through the gates. He caught a glimpse of Okoye standing atop of the carriage and to this point, and while he wasn't convinced that she was truly an ally. Her actions, disposition and sheer disregard for the wellbeing of the hostages told him all he needed to know about her moral compass– or her lack thereof. Cyrus couldn't help but look back and over his shoulder as he disappeared into the shadowy expanse of Abundi Shrine.

-

Meanwhile, the remaining three Mages were thrown back and into a more defensive stance before they managed to engage Okoye and her demonic compatriot. Zol's appearance was unprecedented. But what's more was the lethal capabilities of his arbiter- they cautiously took a step backward after seeing their ally vanquished so easily. “I-impossible!!?”Their shared glance conveyed nothing less than horror, but they seemed unable to retreat completely. Their sweaty palms were bound to their weapons by the same spells that empowered them. Their will no longer their own.

They couldn't run away, no matter how badly they wanted to.

"C-crimson meteor!!"

One of the three mages stepped forth, their bodies radiating a blood red aura of dark magics that started from the base of his feet and eventually coiled up his body to the tip of his Lance. He fired massive, appropriately colored blast of corrupted energy. "The Paladin! His spells intefere with the coalecence ritual! We cannot afford to allow him inside!"

Zol became the primary target for the Abundi sorcerers. And several more of them teleported unto the battlefield near the gate, blocking further entrance. There were a total of a dozen Abundi Sorcerers now, each of them charging their bodies with a similar volume of destructive force. Okoye and her Demon, while clearly dangerous, were far less of an issue. Whoever was in charge of the zealots strategies believed they could win in a battle of attrition, but they were afraid of Zol's abilities. That is why at least five of sorcerers fired their own version of the crimson meteor spell at him. Cyrus, in the grand scheme of things, became more or less of a nuisance on the radar.

Okoye
Drifter

Post by Okoye »

“We're under attack!” , the desperate cry cutting through the carnage like a clarion call.. In response, a group of the cult's' most devout and powerful mage descended onto the scene with solemn resolve. They had porcelain, pale white skin with dark eyes and jagged horns protruding from their body. “We must protect the ForeRunner!” They spoke and moved in unison.. Gifted by the occult rituals of the Munda Abundi, these four mages were capable of unspeakable power.

..Three of them would materialize their weapons of choice- spears inscribed with powerful sigils, before they engaged their incorporeal foe. They possessed more than enough mystical awareness to perceive its body and their weapons would make its abstract body bleed.
“ForeRunner?" Okoye pondered while her Demon gorged itself on the souls of its victims, growing larger, and stronger with every gluttonous bite. It fed on all of the Ferrymen- draining their bodies until only lifeless husks remained beneath their shadowy veils. And even killed the Ul'tar, draining the moisture and life-force until the majestic beast keeled over in similar fashion to the dried up Ferrymen. By the end of its meal, the malicious phantom had nearly doubled in size. Its fluid, shapeless form had undergone a more dramatic transformation. It's incorporeal form adopted a concrete exoskeleton; a physical body that quaked with menacing power. It grew rippling muscle, flesh and bone, a tail and even larger gnashing maw that seeped with a cocktail of acidic enzymes.

Okoye looked on closely from atop the carriage. Her arms were folded and her eyes were analyzing every detail. She felt the demon's power spike wildly after it consumed the mages, but instead of feeling an increase in power herself, she felt more of a tug of war for control. The demon's strength did not directly correlate with her own- which meant it could have potentially grown beyond her control if she didn't continue to increase her own spiritual power.

"..."

It roared a welcome to the devout mages that materialized unto the scene; a haunting smile forming along face. It was eager to sink its new found claws into their bodies. However--
–by thought alone, Zol appeared a few feet away from Okoye, who he said nothing to, their eyes meeting for a brief of moments, yet for him, it felt like an eternity.. Zol weaved together a swift series of ava that would cause the height of power to spike a tier higher. His eyes fixated on the mage casting the barrier.

"Mystic Art: Edict Of Eminence!"

Zol would release his palm in a relaxed yet stout demonstration that betrayed the prodigious nature of the ability he was using. An enormous golden hand of spiritual energy reached out from the top of the carriage.. in one fell swoop, and with enough power to carve a small chasm into the earth.. the Mage would meet his end or find himself and barrier crushed by the essence of Zol's attack.
Okoye's eyes fluttered wildly at Zol's display of celestial power. She barely had the time to register his sudden appearance before the man single handedly tore a hole into the enemies defenses. Again, being so close to him, Okoye felt something ancient inside of Zol. An archaic strength, older than the almond colored vessel that stood before her. He couldn't have been too much older than her, and yet..
Meanwhile, the remaining three Mages were thrown back and into a more defensive stance before they managed to engage Okoye and her demonic compatriot.. Witnessing Zol's power.. they cautiously took a step backward after seeing their ally vanquished so easily. “I-impossible!!?”
Okoye smiled. She could smell fear.. even if they weren't scared of her, their pheromones smelled all the same. Whatever the source of Zol's powers were, the Abundi sorcerers recognized it too.. "..that's not just strength." She concluded..
”..C-crimson Meteor.”
Before Zol even bothered to lift a finger in defense, Okoye's summon (now nearly twenty feet tall) extended one of its massive palms to intercept the volley of crimson projectiles.

“Hey, Zol..”

Zol would hear her words softly sail through his mind despite her never opening her mouth. Okoye leapt from the top of the carriage and began to calmly walk toward him, her demon now standing directly in front of them and their enemies.. menacingly of course. The creature drew strength from fear and experienced a substantial boost following Zol's display of his luminous power.

“My eyes can tell that there are people inside this thing.. Do you plan to save them?” She asked, gesturing toward the Ferryman's carriage.

Zolgarious Gilden
Drifter

Cyrus' departing words stuck with him. He could be sure that Zol would not perish here if nothing else. He had people waiting for him to return home. A notion that only strengthened his resolve. The mighty enclosure within the palm of his hand sealed the fate of the cultist, ridding him of the foul energies that increased his power. Beneath the surmounting luminosity of Zol's vigor, they were right to cower in fear. The death he bequeathed to the first of their flock was quick, and the pain lasted no sooner than it was coming. It was, in essence, a kindness he knew they didn't deserve. How many people has the ferryman killed? How many of them were sacrificed for whatever power they had? What's more…how embarrassing it must've felt for them…all their scheming, hateful, morbid plotting, and conniving amounted to little more than nuanced inconveniences before him.
"The Paladin! His spells interfere with the coalescence ritual! We cannot afford to allow him inside!"
A Paladin? Huh, he supposed he never thought of himself in that light. They were warriors typically representing values like truth and justice with power gifted to them through solemn oaths. Should that oath ever be broken, their powers would fade. In hindsight, he supposed it fit. Zol didn't consider himself to be the pinnacle of right and wrong. He knew despite the noblest of intentions, circumstances could make villains out of anyone. The dial of his moral compass did not stay stuck in the north. He did not impress his ideals on those around him as a law like some tyrannical zealot.

The light behind Zol's power was not a prayer to any deity; instead, through a series of promises, he swore to those he cared for. A bond with the earth he trekked upon and a dream for a better tomorrow, one in which people could walk under the moon's light without fear of its shadows. Shadows like these murders. The genuine belief in himself and those around him anchored him so. When he thought about fiends like the Abundi spiteful creature who gain power and joy flat the expense of others…that filled him with the resolve to do what needed to be done to stop them…permanently, their number mattered not, in the grand scheme of the being they were before there could be 100 of their ilk before they held a candle to him. Let alone a feeble dozen.

"Mystic-"

Before he could even gather his counter-offensive, the massive tentacle of Okoye's summoning was defending him. Indeed, by its master whim. The beast killed indiscriminately, even going so far in its rampage to slay the U'tar, which both saddens and irritates him. Of everything here, it was the most innocent. Its death was regrettable. He tightened his fist in irritation. Okoye approached him with a face of no remorse for any of the carnage displayed here today, her movements, and the way her form swayed. It was almost rhythmic.
"Hey, Zol.."
Her voice seeped casually into his psyche, yet her mouth did not open, telepathy? It was softer than her formidable, silent demeanor conveyed. He turned to face her but never allowed his aura to subside. Despite this brief fear-inspired respite, the mission was far from over, and the battle, despite the finality of her demon's vicious assault, had yet to truly begin as the malignant aura from the shrine depths was intensifying by the moment. Still, when he said into her violet eyes, he could not help but give way to her desire to speak.
My eyes can tell that people are inside this thing. Do you plan to save them?
It wasn't like her words confirmed something new for him. He knew their reason for coming here differed. That much was evident when the carnage inspired joy from her; even though he and Cyrus were not on the same accord initially, his fury closed his eyes to the more significant impact of his rash session-making. It seemed Okoye may have been overwhelmed by her ambition. He wonders what would happen should he say no, that lives were forfeited. Would she be willing to give these people up to her demon? With no care as to whether or not they were innocents? He didn't want to believe her capable of such benign cruelty, but after witnessing the evolution of her summons, he could deduce that power was her aim. He had his questions...

"Those people…are women abducted throughout the cosmos by the ferrymen who are interdimensional sex traffickers. Beaten battered innocents whose only part in all this was having potent magic. Defenseless, no blad nor shield.

His eyes still radiated a compelling golden glow that would fade, allowing her to see the sincerity in his eyes.

"I will defend them to my very last breath."

He said as his eyes ignited again, and several majestic runes surrounded him.

"As well as you…"

He said, turning from her to face the demon, not phased by its meaning mug nor its intimating aura. She didn't need it, even with a vicious guardian on her side. He meant it, though; even the mightiest wall bore the risk of crumbling.

"For the sake of my dream, My power...it exists to defend the defenseless, to empower and inspire the powerless. To give them hope. Not because anyone forced me to, but because I choose to wield it for the sake of others outside myself. That's what it means to be Fang."

There was no "good" way to murder people; his own hands were not blood, so he bore no room to judge Okoye's methods. In truth, he was impressed by her ability to control such a high-level beast. She should know, though, that power comes at a cost, and he worried that she might pay heavier than she knew.

"What do you dream of? What will you do once you've reached the goal that requires all that power?"

He asked, unsure if she'd answer. However, he guessed he asked more rhetorically as a thinking point than anything as he signed a series of ava that, upon completion, would see those runes burst with power, a flare that he fired at the skies above, yet the beam did not piece them; it was as if the clouds merely adored the light.

"Mystic art...."

He whispered as the clods, emboldened with his semblance, roared and rumbled, echoing throughout the valley. A magical circle would weave itself into the sky. The piercing light of his power began to pour from the sigil, like ooze solidifying as it breached the circle, birthing onto the shrine a cascading deluge of blades whose numbers were virtually incalculable. And even if they were, cultists hadn't the time to speculate, let alone count them all.

"Resplendat Sky Fall..."

Like heat-seeking missiles, the blade accosts the dozen Cultst trailing them no matter where they might flee, each possessing the innate nature of his spiritual ability, slicing through the malefic forces like a knife through butter. Should they mount a defense, if it were made from the paid source of their souls, it would be little more than folly failing to stop the blades from buttering them all. Despite Zol's warning, her demon was at no risk as Zol's mastery of his aura was such that his attacks only harmed those he saw as an enemy, and so long as Okoye was able to keep a leash on her "little" pet Zol could see it as cordial at the least. He hoped the luminescent devastation he brought would clear them of this pest or at least dwindle them down enough for the demon and Okoye to finish them off. If she wanted to feed the demon, the abundant Zol would not stand in her way; they needed to be snuffed out. He would place faith that Okoye's ambitions were not so great that she would feed the innocent to her monster. She might as well grab a cloak and join the Abundi if that was the case, for regardless of her reasons, the result would make her insatiable from them in his eyes. He hoped the vision he saw of her when they first arrived here. The solemn mistress, whose skin was like bronze, was radiant in the sunlight. He would hate to see it grow dull and grey with the likeness of a demon. The technique was curler than he might've wished, but with their numbers increasing, he worried about Meru and Cyrus, not wanting to leave them to the even darker secrets in the shrine yet to be revealed.

Return to “Exploration”