Helidor’s Hideaway [End]

These are areas outside of the realms of the Alliance. Venture out into Vescrutia's open world and explore. Go anywhere and show us a side of Vescrutia that might not have been discovered yet.
Axel Gobetsu
Drifter

Re: Helidor’s Hideaway

Post by Axel Gobetsu »

The satisfaction of his thunder echoing across the battlefield kept his adrenaline pumping as he backpedaled across the scarred ground. He almost smirked at the sight of the staggering giant, one of the strongest men to have taken his punch head on, if it didn’t terrify him that he was barely affected. Instead, letting out a deep breath he assessed more of his situation.
Fate I wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:09 pm
"I'll say this. You are tougher than you look, Axel." Cyrus remarked, recalling his invisible hand back into a fist of flesh and blood, and he used it to clean the dripping knuckle sized gash Axel left along his cheek. "..can you still stand?"
Watching his hand reform was eerie as hell but he could at least deduct where the sharp counter came from, no matter how. He could feel the cuts accumulating to his senses as his heart rate lowered from the result of his boosted abilities. The commotion of the crowd finally being processed by his eardrums, while he tried to tighten his stance through the pain.

“Of course.-“

Biting his tongue short of a sharper reply as he stopped moisture from making into his eye and seeing both the blood and the slices on the back of his arm. That would be when his adrenaline took a dive, the lightning naten coursing through his arms was stopping them bleeding but taking step back he saw his legs were not much better and actually failed to catch himself on his right ankle.

“-shit.”

Recovering on his knee however as he released his high powered gloves, the lightning naten coursing through his arms pulsed away as it flexed down to his legs. Axel was furious at his weakness, his ankles wouldn’t be gushing blood if they had been conducting lightning energy. They could have still been sliced sure but his muscles would still respond to impulses and stopped the bleeding by force with enough naten. This was the condition he was now forcing them into however, his arms started leaking as the muscles relaxed and blood flow from his feet was staunched.

“I mean… I can manage”

He groaned out as he stood, naten now coursing through his legs as a lightning current. This technique did harden his nerves after training so consistently with it but not nearly to the point of imperviousness. Like the muscles in his arms for instance, they were conditioned to be able to deflect kunai with very little naten so the cuts were less deep. The slices to his skin would have gotten considerably worse as they went down however, where his body was generating the most arcs, to his legs.

Fate I
Drifter

Post by Fate I »

"I admire your spirit" Cyrus bellowed, his eyes sweeping over the assembled crowd watching their bout from atop the staircase, feeling invigorated by their presence. "Let us engrave your name in the annals of our camaraderie, Axel! I am Cyrus, and the blood spilled here today will anoint your ascent as a hunter among the revered Gilded Fangs."

His words ignited a fervent excitement among the spectators, their cheers rising in volume as Cyrus slowly advanced towards Axel with measured determination. He refused to underestimate his adversary, unwilling to dishonor him with anything less than his utmost effort. For Cyrus, the line between friendly competition and deadly combat was a thrilling tightrope walk. But Clara, the Guild's esteemed physician and healer, held a starkly contrasting view.

"Cease this madness at once!!" Clara's voice sliced through the uproar like a blade, her tone dripping with exasperation as she descended the staircase, her white coat billowing behind her. Her olive skin flushed with anger at Cyrus' reckless initiation ritual. "Cyrus, have you lost your goddamned mind?" Her words rang out, punctuated by a resounding slap against his cheek, mirroring the impact Axel's electrical strike had inflicted. "Are you trying to get the boy killed? I swear, it's as if you assholes don't understand the immense pressure I'm already under with this Sardonyx Outbreak, And now you're tearing each other apart? Aren't there enough genuine threats out there? Monsters and creatures you're actually paid to kill?"

Clara's piercing gaze silenced Cyrus, rendering his formal guard useless against her verbal assault. "He will survive, yes?" Cyrus retorted sharply, retrieving his gauntlet from the ground. "And he's no mere boy. His name is Axel, and he stood at our gates seeking acceptance. I requested a demonstration of his mettle, and he has proven himself worthy. His wounds are testament to his valor. Do not let his appearance fool you." Despite his prideful stance, Clara paid little heed to Cyrus' coarse tongue as she approached Axel, her hands emanating a soft jade glow.

"Please, let me help you." she offered calmly, gesturing towards Axel's battered form without flinching at the sight of his injuries. With a gentle touch, Axel's wounds began to knit together, Clara's healing energy catalyzing his body's innate restorative powers. It was akin to supercharging every cell, fostering rapid regeneration. While Axel experienced a euphoric sensation, Clara bore the burden of his pain, her empathic abilities granting her an intimate glimpse into his recent ordeal. It was a duty she performed without hesitation, despite its emotional toll.

Axel Gobetsu
Drifter

Post by Axel Gobetsu »

These words were exhilarating for Axel as well, for the simple fact that it meant he could lower his guard against another attack. The trial was over and while he could lower his arms the naten in his legs remained arcing towards the ground, as it was it was the only thing keeping him on his feet. Looking to the crowd he managed to smile past the pain and raise his arm in acknowledgment before the very boisterous woman came yelling through the crowd.

Fate I wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:22 pm
"Cease this madness at once!!" Clara's voice sliced through the uproar like a blade, her tone dripping with exasperation as she descended the staircase, her white coat billowing behind her. Her olive skin flushed with anger at Cyrus' reckless initiation ritual. "Cyrus, have you lost your goddamned mind?" Her words rang out, punctuated by a resounding slap against his cheek, mirroring the impact Axel's electrical strike had inflicted. "Are you trying to get the boy killed? I swear, it's as if you assholes don't understand the immense pressure I'm already under with this Sardonyx Outbreak, And now you're tearing each other apart? Aren't there enough genuine threats out there? Monsters and creatures you're actually paid to kill?"

Clara's piercing gaze silenced Cyrus, rendering his formal guard useless against her verbal assault. "He will survive, yes?" Cyrus retorted sharply, retrieving his gauntlet from the ground. "And he's no mere boy. His name is Axel, and he stood at our gates seeking acceptance. I requested a demonstration of his mettle, and he has proven himself worthy. His wounds are testament to his valor. Do not let his appearance fool you." Despite his prideful stance, Clara paid little heed to Cyrus' coarse tongue as she approached Axel, her hands emanating a soft jade glow.
Axel could tell they had been allies a long time, the casualness that she approached Cyrus’s wounds with suggested she had seen many. Still he appreciated the warrior sticking up for his violent intentions. Locating his shoes amidst the collateral debris he dusted them off and put them on before he had a chance to interrupt.

“Please, go easy on Cyrus. I definitely insisted I show him what I was made of.”

He finished tearing off the remnants of his shirt and wrapping them around his legs as well. The expensive fabric would make good absorbent material and Axel had dressed more than a few of his own wounds before.
Fate I wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:22 pm
"Please, let me help you." she offered calmly, gesturing towards Axel's battered form without flinching at the sight of his injuries. With a gentle touch, Axel's wounds began to knit together, Clara's healing energy catalyzing his body's innate restorative powers. It was akin to supercharging every cell, fostering rapid regeneration. While Axel experienced a euphoric sensation, Clara bore the burden of his pain, her empathic abilities granting her an intimate glimpse into his recent ordeal. It was a duty she performed without hesitation, despite its emotional toll.
Even though he could have made it to whatever medical services this place provided he was very glad that such a beauty came all the way out to check on everything. He would watch her tentatively waiting for the same treatment Cyrus received but was relieved to find her only concern was his wounds.

“Thank you very much beautiful.”

Seeing her face as she healed his wounds he felt a nostalgic compassion that he hadn’t come across in a long time. Of the few people he still thought of in his old village he did miss the compassionate touch of his faux mother.

“But who might you be?”

Catching her eyes and narrowing his, it was fair to say that he didn’t trust easily but he did allow the process to continue. Not that he was of the mindset to impose to much skepticism besides he name, but he knew that if he could find a way to bolster his finances there were probably more unsavory characters here doing the same.

Fate I
Drifter

Post by Fate I »

“Thank you very much beautiful, but who might you be?”

Catching her eyes and narrowing his, it was fair to say that he didn’t trust easily but he did allow the process to continue
"I'm Clara, the guardian angel for these band of fools." she declared, her voice laced with a coy blend of authority and exasperation. With a graceful flick, she swept her ivory bangs aside and retrieved a sanitizing wipe from her pocket, a symbol of her constant battle against the chaos of the guild.. and germs. "Like Cyrus for example. Take my advice and steer clear of him and his antics. Honestly, the man is a glutton for punishment."

Her words were punctuated by Cyrus' boisterous retort, his voice echoing through the hall like a rallying cry, stirring the hunters into a frenzy. ""A glutton for glory! Very different!" he proclaimed, his confidence infectious as he ascended the staircase, eager to embark on his next mission with Zol. The anticipation thrummed within him, palpable to all who beheld him.

Clara shook her head at Cyrus' bravado before turning her attention to Axel, her expression softening. "Ugh.. well, welcome to Gilded Fangs, the haven of misfits." she remarked with a resigned sigh, leading Axel up the stairs. "C'mon then, let's introduce you to the man in charge." With a knowing glance at Axel's worn attire, she added, "And get ya a change of clothes.."

Axel Gobetsu
Drifter

Post by Axel Gobetsu »

Fate I wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:22 pm
Her words were punctuated by Cyrus' boisterous retort, his voice echoing through the hall like a rallying cry, stirring the hunters into a frenzy. ""A glutton for glory! Very different!" he proclaimed, his confidence infectious as he ascended the staircase, eager to embark on his next mission with Zol. The anticipation thrummed within him, palpable to all who beheld him.
Infecting Axel’s reinvigorated body instantly he reveled in the kindred giants spirit. Knowing he was besides an ally as powerful as Cyrus bolstered his urge to test his limits and reach peaks he had never seen. Clara’s healing energy flowed throughout him without resistance, his cells catching on quickly and doubling back the charge with his own.

“FOR GLORY!”

The warrior responded euphorically along with a hearty chuckle, muscular features flexing their full strength as he pumped threw up his fist in punctuation. Any anticipation Axel had was resolved by the test of mettle that he just endured, while both pushing him to his limits the giant stood his ground against him without fail. Even as an entry trial he would have expected nothing less from any organization he deigned to be a part of.
Fate I wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:22 pm
Clara shook her head at Cyrus' bravado before turning her attention to Axel, her expression softening. "Ugh.. well, welcome to Gilded Fangs, the haven of misfits." she remarked with a resigned sigh, leading Axel up the stairs. "C'mon then, let's introduce you to the man in charge." With a knowing glance at Axel's worn attire, she added, "And get ya a change of clothes.."
“I love misfits, let’s go.”

He joked following them up the stairs and out of the training field. Beginning his career as Guilded Fangs member he felt more than excited, he was actually ecstatic, so much so he didn’t know how to express it. Ruining his first impression to a national guild of city that had stood its ground for centuries and could grow for many more generations was not an option. For a second he even forgot about his quest for finances and reveled in the chance to make actual friends. Whether it was just the euphoria or genuine interest he would continue forward to find out.

Return to “Exploration”