Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

photo 2bebabac-5d83-4364-aaec-f592b645e862_zps021ddb0e.jpg Shinta's Kitchen

Character Of the Week

Valentine

Board index » The Neo Nightmare » Glistening North » Blizzard Flats » The Sanctum Sanctorium

Post subject: Uncle Kham's At It Again
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:06 pm 
The Great Destroyer
The Great Destroyer

Unique Trait: Carbon Infusion, Michio Magus, Artisian Destruction, Gi'Asa Comptroller
Faction: The Neo Nightmare
Sex: Male
Alignment: Good
They arrived in the frozen wastes. A particular section of the Neovian territories plunged into an eternal winter malady: biting chills, snow storms unparalleled and hail unprecedented. And yet here the man stood with his kilt not swaying in inch. The biting sensations of the frostbitten winter chill striking against his skin made him feel alive.

Their destination was on the horizon. The first few steps towards a new power. One of self reliance and strength.

The Michio Clan Greats
The Blueprint :: Etuum| The Ghost Wind :: Wei|The Bridge :: Zaraiya| The Master :: Fate|The Cenmotori|
The Sacrilege, The Prophet :: Ragnar

Post subject: Re: Uncle Kham's At It Again
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:14 am 

Unique Trait: Demonic Eden
And so he did, Briar wasn't to sure where they were going to end up but when eh arrived he damn sure wasn't expecting ti to be in the middle of some frost bitten utopia. There was nothing but frozen chasms and icy decadence everywhere. HE was never really a fan of cold weather and this stuff here was on a whole another level, suddenly awesome BRiar wasn't feeling so awesome. His body though more resistant than other wasn't as adept as his uncle and thus those chills made him feel as alive as a dead mouse caught in the freezer. He wrapped himself in his arms as his teeth chattered.

u-uu-m i-is this where we're doing th-this?

Consumption of the Thorn: Briar's Theme

Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:38 am 
The Great Destroyer
The Great Destroyer

Unique Trait: Carbon Infusion, Michio Magus, Artisian Destruction, Gi'Asa Comptroller
"No, just a little further."

And so he walked, completely ignoring Mother Natures cold stare and with it the maladies of winter and everything frigid. He wanted to make it easier on his newly found nephew, truly he did. And it would be nothing to just bend the snow around his little body, but no... he did not. Instead he decided to strike up conversation, if he could manage it. Kham also wanted to test and see whether or not the demon inside of him would let him die.

"Did it feel right for you to do that to the Lion and his family?"

The first question, one of moral conscience. How did it feel to inflict pain and suffering on another living thing? Kham was trying to gauge just how deep this demons disregard for life went. Where did it come from?

The Michio Clan Greats
The Blueprint :: Etuum| The Ghost Wind :: Wei|The Bridge :: Zaraiya| The Master :: Fate|The Cenmotori|

Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:06 pm 

He just have to keep his awareness within him, that would be the only way to keep his mind focused so that his consciousness did not slip. The biting gales bit down on him hard but he was holding through it. Step after step he hoped they reached their place soon. He hated the cold...despite how his wavelength reflected it's nature. When he was asked about the whole ordeal with the lion his head fell to his right side. And with the tone of a child who got caught doing something that had no business doing he spoke out.

Not like I wanted to do that to him..I was just trying to have a little fun and train my powers s'more cuz I was tired of being weak... But then he came at me all mad and reckless and...I guess my ego got the better of me...that and the fact that I relied to much on my Demon power...it got me all blood thirsty and junk...but I felt...

He stopped himself from speaking the last bit of what he was going to say...perhaps something was eating away at him about this....

Post Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:48 pm 
The Great Destroyer
The Great Destroyer

"Go on..."

He said in stride, Kham retreated back to his dark confines. The times where he wore the name Mahk-X, an altered visage of himself obsessed with the acquiring of power and owning the titles he had been given. He inferred the response would be 'good' but that would only be him seeing himself in Briar. This was a child, given forces of darkness, the answer could only be a fluctuation of emotions and energy. And as an uncle Kham had to remain open and guiding... he was very glad he got to Briar when he did.

Perhaps he could write the wrongs of creating abominations like Savaj and Vash in the world. Just maybe...

The Michio Clan Greats

Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:59 pm 

The confliction could be seen on Briar's face. On one end it felt soooo goood to tear into that Lions flesh and rob him of the very sources of life and light that were within him, his darkness was bitter but it had a sort of euphoric sensation within it, something that had made Briar crave more...but more than he could handle apparently. He now knew to never bite off more than he could chew. However on the other hand once he could feel the pain and hatred of the Lions pride he felt horrible. Like he had done to them what the broccoli lady Veronica had done to his papa Z.k taken something very dear to them away. That was something he never wanted to do...but did sing his powers make him that kind of a jerk? A evil manifestation of some douche bag who went around eating people happiness?

That's not what he wanted to become...nor was that apart of who eh was...was it?

It felt good. There was a release of pinup frustration and it was fun...killing the Lion was fun, eating his heart and soul were fun as well... but I also felt like it was wrong. Doing that caused someone pain...it caused that entire pride to suffer with his death. That's the part that sucked...I don't want to go around hurting people...not like I did Skye...and not like I did to all those animals in the Lucid south...

He looked down in shame and then looked to his uncle kham...a question on the tip of this tongue...

Does...does that make me a bad person Uncle Kham?

The severity of his questioned allowed him to temporally block out the pain from being virtually frostbitten. Bu the just had to know...how he would be viewed because of his actions...

Post Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:30 pm 
The Great Destroyer
The Great Destroyer

"..."

Kham was awestrcuk for a moment, to think that ZK could produce this... someone so contrasting from the likes of Nero and Terra. His response was full of mash potato like explanation, thick and laden with emotions making quite the confection of his soul. Hearing Briar explain his actions caused Kham to dive thousands of years past into his former younger self, the self that took pride in murder, slaughter, and every heinous action in between. But there was a light among all this darkness, Briar felt remorse for his action. It could only mean that the devil inside him made him do these things.

Finally their frozen expedition came to a halt in a place not even distinguishable from the rest of the Frozen Wastes.

"Briar you are not a bad person. A bad person does things and does not think of the consequences, you are quite the opposite. We just have to stop this darkness from forcing you to do bad things."

The Destroyer gripped the air in front of him and tore at it as if he was tearing off a huge sheet. The Weather itself went away along with the icy galeforce winds and revealed Kham's home away from home: The Sanctum Sanctorium. A lush green oasis of a home made out of a crystaline diamond, a true product of Kham and Gaias unity as lovers,a peaceful abode who's inception lie at the core of Kham's struggle for peace and solace.

"Here is where we will tame this beast. Come nephew."

He extended his hand toward Briar, the first part of their training was about to begin.

The Michio Clan Greats

Post Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:40 am 

Briar watched those events unfold before him, his shimmering yellow eyes widening at the awesome fortitude that was Kham place of business.He let out a small sigh of relief,it was good to know that he wasn't being viewed as a bad guy because of his actions. But he was mature of mind enough to know that he had more growing to do. He wasn't the force that he wanted to be. He realized he had to gain control of his urges,to develop his will and fortify his spirit to keep Ishtar from running his life and turning him into a demonic douche!

I can do this...

He thought as he nodded to his uncle before taking his hand...it was time to stop being all talk and get down to the heart of the matter...physical and psychological exertion...

Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:13 am 

(Baby bump)

Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:52 pm 
The Great Destroyer
The Great Destroyer

And so the two trod hand in hand into Kham's personal domicile. Vescrutia was a treacherous place for those who had no sense of self, and he vicious maw was already tearing at Briar and giving way to a terrible demonic force. With enough grit perhaps Briar too would become a monster of a different sort, a monstrous force for good.

The Sanctum was something completely unlike Kham, completely unlike the associations of the Michio clan. It was almost too serene. Plants grew indistinct, the weather was a perfect warmth. The only force that counteracted its bliss were the individuals walking among its gardens.

As The Destroyer opened the inner chambers, he and Briar strode through a series of hallways and empty walls. The uneducated would probably think Kham enjoyed mazes but these walls used to contain a cornucopia of artifacts and nicnacks kept preserved through time that were now stolen. He vowed to retrieve them and slay the thief, he was glad to have a new treasure beside him, one that he could assist on a more personal level. Gardens to antechamber to inner sanctum, the two arrived in a most peculiar room. In it was a throne like chair, in front of it was a pool of emerald green energies, the walls were sharp reflective stalactite of crystal, and the paths connecting these two monuments of representation twisted and turned in a figure 8 pattern. This is where Kham would hope to see this demon in a controlled environment.

"Into the pool Briar."

His words were commanding sure, but they carried a certain softness that would understand trepidation should the boy convey it. But from here on out Kham was certainly forming a psychological profile of the child and weakness, although understood would certainly not be tolerated.

The Michio Clan Greats

Post Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:10 am 

The Sanctum was pretty awesome. Briar couldn't help but envision Kham being some super hero/Villan -esque guy with an awesome Lair. The place looked really empty though. Briar did wonder if he ha yet to finish furnishing the place or something. Walking through the expansive place, hand in hand with his uncle once they reached the pool his grip for but a moment would tighten. He was nervous, and anxious but some for of excitement made it's way into the crevices of his heart. He could do this, he was a super awesome amzaing kid and no manner of demonic prick was gonna keep him down!

Right...

He said releasing Kham hands and immersing himself with the porcelain waters, wondering what would become of this experience.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:53 pm 
The Great Destroyer
The Great Destroyer

Kham began walking along the many winding paths toward his Stone Chair. His bare feet glided across the smooth cold tile of his inner sanctum like silk on skin. The crystalline structures above he and Briar quivered in his wake and sung a most delightful cadence of chimes. Crystal Work was by no means Kham's forte, it required a listening ear and a steady hand, he hoped his practice with the Magus would assist him where he lacked. Briar was about to begin the horrendous path inward, and he submerged himself in Kham's 'Cosmic Ooze Jacooze' without protest. It was rare to find someone so trusting and so open these days. The eerie ease in which Briar obeyed startled Kham a bit, he made a note to discuss it with him later.

"Agh."

The Destroyer plopped in his throne with a mighty thump and couldn't help but reflect at how many people he had before him with his ass in this chair. He was a King in mindset alone. Full of Power, Respect, Wise Council, Titles and Friends. He held no lands, ruled over no one, and did not expect anyone to die for him. He couldn't help but chuckle, not at the small boy who entered a bathtub with his clothes on, but at the echoing words of his friend Zeik: A real king doesn't have to lift a finger... He was no real king, true, but he was a warrior. And a real warrior fights his own battles, and his not afraid of anything. There was something inside of Briar, something powerful, calculating, malevolent, and it needed to be exposed and kindly informed that this relationship was not parasitic. Briar was the master, and it was it's slave.

Magus

He summoned the power. That power that took Zee and Countless Cenmotori a millenia to forge. That terrible catalyst of an energy that reacted with all creation natural and super. That amazing gift to all Michio that began their golden age and hastened their downfall. It orbited the Destroyers left hand like the rings of an Atom, its activation could only mean one thing, this Barbarian had to turn Warlock once more. The crystals above responded in kind, they came alive and shifted into a variety of different shapes and formations with breath after organic breath in response to the being under the microscope: Briar. The cauldron that his nephew lie in bubbled with a slow churn, depriving Briar of all motor skills in attempts to give the Demon with him breathing room to reveal himself.

"Foul Creature!"

Kham murmured from this perch, he taunted it forth from the coward's hole of a hiding place it held in his nephew. The Crystaline Growth above continued to stir and swell looking more like the fingers on a hand than rock formations, zeroing in on Briar's secluded energies and exploiting them forth.

"There are more fearsome things than you here... There is me, there is ME, The Great Destroyer! Face ME Filth!"

The Michio Clan Greats

Post Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:58 pm 

He would catch but a glimpse at the flexing of the terrible power that Was Kham's Magus. The energies seemed to trigger some type of reaction within the strange ooze that now had encapsulated him, his eyes jotted open as his sense began to escape him. He was complexity immobilized unable to move a single finger. His mind panicked, racing at what kind of dumb choice he had made. Something told him he'd regret this, or at least regretted asking exactly what the ooze was and what it would do to him.

Lesson Learned.

With Briar no longer being in control of his being the shadow that dwelled within took to the bait Kham had constructed like a fish to a chicken liver. The Crimson ooze would begin to swell with the utmost protuberance. Gurgling like a baritone babbling brook the insanely low decibel would send mini quakes throughout the sanctum.

I say each one he brings before us gets louder and louder...

The mass of crimson darkness would say, as it began to take solid form from the ooze.As the ooze slide off the creatures frame to slightly curled horns would slowly reveal themselves, coupled with dagger like eyes that carried an emerald hue. Hair as black as the starless vacuum of space above. Wings that after a breath yarn would seem to stretch far into the reaches of time...

The Great Destroyer you say?

The rather deep voiced yet effeminate demon would chuckle, tales of the destroyer had reached even their realm. This demon though eh was different from the creature Briar had encountered before, that being was masked and spoke with a more demanding tone. This one seemed lazily care free, entirely nonchalant. But there was a horrid presence about him, he wreaked of blood and carnage, in fact his hands were completely red, stained with spilled crimson life...

The thorn is hopeless, he thinks you can help him contain us all?

Another chuckle followed by a slight flick of his tail, left hand placed Lazily beneath his chin.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:27 pm 
The Great Destroyer
The Great Destroyer

Quiet Worm.

Kham murmured from his seat. The Crystal Growth above recoiled violently into a series of spike like protrusions, they adjusted readily to the exoskeletal aquatic formation of this beast by scattering themselves across the entire ceiling. The living conduits worked in tune with the Magus, refracting and siphoning the energies of this demonic presence into a prison that would grow stronger the more it tested it's limits hopefully imposing upon the Demon a sensation of molasses. Emerald light from the Magus bathed Kham in its glow. He looked very focused. He wasn't afraid of anything, but always played things very cautious when it came to supernatural beings. The Magus and The Crystals grew violent, glowing brighter and more intense giving birth to sound and dance, whipcracking like lightning and howling like wind.

This Thorn you speak of is MY nephew. The ward of Heaven and Earth. Venkage and Michio, Space and Time. The more you defile him the more displeased we become. So it's best you place your best foot forward as to not offend me.

Kham did not take into account that there was more than one creature taking residence inside of Briar, he didn't rule it out, but it did make things interesting. What was so special about Briar that made him a host for so many powerful demons? Was it wise to speak to all of them at once? What would that do to Briars body? He decided to hear what this one had to say first...

The Michio Clan Greats

Post Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:41 pm 

Tch! Nephew? Venkage? How ridiculous...

The creatures eyes would narrow a bit more, Nephew? What did this being know of Briar outside of the fact that he enjoys the thrill of tearing into the flesh of living beings? He could feel his vast power being Stifled by the interference with the crystals above him, no matter this was not a flex of power that he would be able to even win. Tough terrible was his might, he was smart and humble enough to know that the Destroyer held much more than he.

But that did not cause him reason to flinch, not once.For even if Kham was to wipe this creature from this plane, other were here...everywhere. They had done so, long before Briar's conception. Still though he wished to remain as he were currently.

Tell me, what do you know of your beloved nephew?

The being would fling his resting hand through his hair,causing a slight ripple in the waters. It seemed being of the Vescrutian realm just took in any old demon you had it's carnage stained hands out, without knowing the slightest about them.

Better yet, inform as to why you've wasted my time in summoning me? I am sure it was not to let me become the master of the Thorn--Briar's vessel..

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:10 pm 
The Great Destroyer
The Great Destroyer

The board was set, the pieces were in place. Kham had already come out strong on turn one, boxed the demon in between a rock and a hard place and let his pieces do the work of flooding these hellish ranks with their crystalline refractions of light. It was a demon alright, but it's features weren't too striking. A lifetime of seeing faces divides creation into subcategories and it almost appeared as if this being crawled out of a horror novella. There was something worth noting, and Kham certainly respected it, there wasn't a shred of fear leaking out of his hellish composure. Either this supernatural deity was very good at poker, or there was a trump card not yet in play.

This was not a conventional game of strength, it was a game of knowledge, and whoever knew the most had the upper hand. It was Kham's job to not appear weak in this regard. As the demon flexed his charisma Kham took a deaf ear and concocted mental diagnosis of Briar's condition: there were multiple demons, this was probably the one who was active at the time, this is normal for them, they have history, why did all of ZK's kinds find his way to him, was he just the world's personal trainer?

Never mind the last bit. It was time to get to the bottom of this. And a little respect may go a long way here. The Destroyer was certainly not above humbling himself.

"You have to forgive my hostility, in our world murder and carnage is often frowned upon, so to have my ward afflicted in such a way deeply disturbs me. I wish to learn all I can about Briar, what he is, where he comes from, so he can readily mature to you all's standards so you both can benefit. There is much you all can do to help on this plane, but Briar must have his sanity."

The Michio Clan Greats

Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:48 am 

And the first play had been made. The being before the Detroyer was eon upon eon in age. His wisdom and mastery over the art of conversation had earned him many titles But none more revered than his actual name.

Good perhaps we could have a more civilized discussion...

He knew the being before him would not permit the dispersing of his energy, rightfully to do so, his ability to manipulate reality was uncanny, a power unbeknownst to any who knew nothing of his origins.

Introductions first...I am Known as the Demon king, Belial.

A sort of candid bow was in order and very soon followed suit, His hair slightly running over the left side of his face, Upon rising his smile still carried and eerie calm.

Lets make a little game of this shall we? I might not have much time before another one of the mongrels who reside here tries to force me back in to take over themselves...

Arms would be folded, fangs would slightly bear themselves.

You ask a question, I give an honest answer, I ask a question and you return that kindness in like, Heh, your probably the only being in the Omni-verse to get an honest answer out of the Demon king of Lies...

A slight chuckle would ensue.

Briar himself is of no importance, but rather the tragic tale of love and death that has constructed quite the despicable yet noble fate he has been given.

There once was a Demon stronger than any other, who's power,wisdom, and charisma out shined even the oldest of the defiled.His name was Devata,Harbinger of eternal darkness Ruler of the self created and united realm of Pandorus.The most cynical and malevolent thing to ever set foot in the demonic realms, one after one fell before him and under his reign the demon worlds knew only Unity and power. Blood,carnage, these things humans fear and abhor were just another facet of life and death within our world.

Belial would lick his fangs in remembrance of the good old days.

But even a God of Darkness could fall,But him falling in love with a mortal queen was something no one could anticipate. Such a daring woman she was, she was strong for a mortal,cold, sadistic and practiced several forms of forbidden and deadly magic. Her bloodline carried the ability to imprison and control all that was dark and demonic. She conjured his spirit from his very throne in an attempt to use him to slay her enemies, and he did. Through several incident they fought side by side and love was formed. We though,his unwilling slaves, found the very idea of Love within our god to nothing short of abhorrent and disgusting, and so we planned a coup, that ended with her life being claimed...

Expecting a genocide of course we prepared for War, to bear arms against the Mighty. My siblings, the Eight other Demon kings and Queens of the various demon realms, united to defend against him with Pandorus being the battle ground. but we were met with a empty result. He had vanished, spiraled into a depression after the loss of his love and left the realms to crumble on their own. Seeing this opportunity the very same beings I united against all turned on one another and as a result a three millennium long war would begin. Worlds were crushed, dimension shattered, the blood shed and destruction nearly brought the universe to it's knees. And then suddenly he reappeared. Nothing but fury and hatred in his eyes, with his "dead" queen upon his shoulders...Erect and full of life, apparently he had spent the last 3,000 years reviving her completely...

I myself could never understand...why Deity with so much power and control...would ever relinquish it because of a feeble mortal emotion such as love nor care...it's sickening...

Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:53 pm 
The Great Destroyer
The Great Destroyer

Kham loved history and could only raise his craggy eyebrows in intrigue. Only fools couldn't find value in its arbitrary existence. It's trenches contained many lessons and pathways to power, peace and understanding. If you learn from the past you certainly wont repeat it. This story and many others like it had an underlying theme: Do Not let your feelings get the best of you.

Briar was another child tossed unwillingly into the fiery crucible of fate due to the complexities of his lineage and according to Belial, the boy's existence was a nuisance. Kham didn't need to know what happened to the mother, her time had come, the future was right before him. It all made sense. The reason why this demon's appearance was so conventional, this sorry excuse for swagger, the self imposed psychosis of composure. This was THE Lord of Lies- Belial. Demon's either got more grotesque the higher up on the chain, or more humanistic, and when it came to an ArchDemon, it was the former. The Destroyer did love the occasional book and had read of these Lords of Hell in orthodox religious texts, maybe his reputation was that expansive, maybe he was just that formidable. There was however no doubt he was telling the truth. Savaj was a Liar, Shinta was a Liar, and Kham found them more annoying than the god of fibs. It was time he left, Kham didn't wish to play. The task was already set before him, he needed to make his nephew strong enough to cage Demons, strong enough to combat The Lord of Lies.

"We're through here Lord of Lies. Please return from whence you came, I have no desire to force you back inside Briar's body."

Nothing more needed to be said, the less he and the rest of these Demonic Hordes knew of Kham's intent the better. They had to get to work immediately.

The Michio Clan Greats

Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:34 pm 

Tch and here I was thinking you'd be a bit more fun...

The Demon said turning his back from Kham he was more than irritated by this, he was hoping to gain more Knowledge about the Fearsome Legend of the Great Destroyer but alas he supposed this game had already ran it's course.

I shall do as you ask,but nevertheless know this...and consider it a parting gift.

He said turning his head back towards Kham a complete 180 just to speak to him face to face.

Briar is the thorn of creations side he can do nothing but create chaos and destruction in his wake it is in his very blood ,with that being said It is within him that lies the Gateway to Pandorus which houses demons even more powerful and cunning than I,and more even terrible is the sheer number of them that have been imprison by Devata. The lock is weakening,it has been since his mother gave birth to him. It is his fate to become the sacrifice that will let us conquer the very Omniverse...Nothing will stop this prophecy from coming to fruition, especially now since Devata is long dead...

Turning from him he'd smirk. His cunning Facade no longer bearing fruit...

Not even a monster as powerful as you...Great Destroyer...

With that Belial's "Physical" form would dissipate returning the the cosmic ooze once more. After this Briar would be found gurgling in the ooze. His eyes still open. He was only partially conscious for most of the conversation, and what he did hear was rather disturbing.

*Pant Pant...*

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:06 am 
The Great Destroyer
The Great Destroyer

Kham was unfortunately far too busy in an introspective trance to hear the parting gift of the Lord of Lies. The Destroyer had his task, and he was preoccupied with concocting a proper training regiment for Briar, he barely heard the awakening pants of his nephew, but they were loud enough to break him out of his trance. He closed his fist around the Magus, cutting off the intricate string of spells he had tied through out his chambers. The ambiance returned to his spectrum laden glow, the crystals above receded into the ceiling, the pools stopped their noxious churning, and Kham rose from his seat.

His hand felt numb, it always did after he invoked that mysterious weapon. He almost looked upon it with disgust, but decided to use Briar as a distraction. Slowly he trod down the path from his chair, working all the information he so graciously received to the forefront of his memory. Like a fish, he snatched Briar from his pool and held him up to his face. The boy was weak, choking, only alive by the power of the demons within. His features were gaunt, hollowed cheek bones, skeletal structures who insisted they show their face on his skin. You would think he didn't even have a family.

Kham scoffed and thwaked him on the back with his index finger to ensure any liquid he might have swallowed was properly returned to sender. He then sat him on the ground thereafter.

"You did well. Follow me, and stay close."

He started toward a random wall, which gave way to a hidden passage, which gave way to a maze full of corridors. Their steps echoed through the space which wasn't much taller than Kham himself. It seemed to shift and move in time with his steps, where exactly were they going? It would be a long walk, best get the obvious questions out of the way.

"Do you know what you must do?"

The Michio Clan Greats

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:06 am 

His body felt numb, almost empty as if he had the life sucked from him. It was slowly returning however, after burping up the lingering cosmic goop his knees would buckle and shiver, his body quivering at what horrid creature probably got loose. Even if for but a moment Briar felt relief. He was a bit on the worried side. From what he could hear during Belial's rant Briar might have been going against an already predetermined fate.

"Yeah I do...But will it mean anything thing?"

He said whilst they walked throughout the maze, the foreboding expanse bought not a single ounce of worry to him, the Lord of Lies's words struck him with a worse fear.

"After all...Belial said..."

Post Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:07 pm 
The Great Destroyer
The Great Destroyer

Kham's larger calloused footsteps came to an abrupt halt leaving Briar's miniature shuffling to continue unhindered until he collided with Kham's sturdy backside. The Destroyer clenched his fists. The tunnel was no taller than Kham, so the sound of leather straining against rubber, Michio hardness scraping together, echoed like a concert hall as his fingers hugged themselves together forcing every ounce of oxygen from in between their seams. Last names dont imply special treatment, Briar would not waste Kham's time.

He shifted his mammoth weight with the business ends of his arms primed for discipline. Wind, Shock and Force all colluded trapping Briar in a three pronged vacuum of paralysis from the sheer wind-up of a normal strike. But the destroyer stopped his knuckles just shy of his nephews face and opened his palm revealing a small pebble. It was ordinary, and looked no larger than a mustard seed. He placed it in Briar's hands and curled his mountain like face downward in disgust.

"In your hands I have placed a Pebble. This pebble symbolizes your self pity, and doubt. You will carry it with you, and find it surprisingly difficult to continue your life."

He turned round once more and continued toward a destination only he knew. In that moment the weight of the small pebble multiplied tens of thousands of times to a load that would be much too much for his nephew. But, his orders dictated that he was supposed to carry his doubts with him for as long as Kham required, even if that meant dragging himself through life weighed down by his own misery.

"You are weak Briar..."

Spat Kham as he trudged along this suffocating hallway.

"You will not be strong if you continue to doubt yourself."

The Lord of Lies claimed that his parent-teacher conference with the Destroyer was rooted in honesty, and Kham believed him. Up until the point he doubted his nephew by saying there was nothing special about Briar. That was absolute malarkey. Briar was special, it wasn't his ability to hold back legions of SuperDemons, it was something greater. But if he could not find it soon, then he would die, and be responsible for letting loose hellish destruction upon creation.

Slowly the walls of the hallway began to close in around Briar, forcing themselves upon him. His stride, only weighed down by his pitiful regrets, doubts and inhibitions would surely lessen to a crawl, if not kill him. Nonetheless Kham continued his lesson.

"These halls symbolize life's many unknowns: Possibilities of death, failure, success, form a thick ever foreboding shroud around you which could suffocate the hope from your body. If you let it."

The Michio Clan Greats

Post Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:19 pm 

His eyes would jolt open, for but a single moment all worry and guilt fled from him leaving him totally open to everything for his body became stagnant in paralysis. Sheer force huh? As the pebble was placed within his palm Briar would take time to process Khams words, and in the very moment where his mind once more felt worry it magnified to times beyond the five year old's counting ability. He felt, completely tied down by the tons of weight upon him, the stuff was so heavy his brain could barely focus on anything other than not being crushed. Self hatred? Worry? Anxiety? Pity? Were such intangible things this heavy? It sure felt equal in mass. The times Briar felt accomplished, the meeting of his Aunt, his siblings they start to slowly trickle past him, this was to much, to hard for Briar an id he was to die, than his only final wish would have to seen the ones he loved one last time...

"I can't...It's too...too hard...

Briar just wanted to give up, screw this! If he died at least he wouldn't have to live in the horrid world that his death would create, no worries, no responsibility...

No need to be strong

He could just fade away into nothing...he could feel nothing...

But then what of papa Z.K?

The image of his father would pop into his head. Standing before him with electrified cluster of light blistering around his person. Briar face began to shed tears...furiously so. Leaving behind his life and letting these forces claim him would not only mean he would loose his family but that he would be the fault of others dying, other people loosing their loved ones and he'd ed up hurting people like he did to that pride of The Black Lion.

N-no...I wont be...

With that realization something in Briar would click. Like someone or something turned a switch on in his soul. His body would start gleaming random spurts of black and blue chakra, each palpitating pitch black and cobalt blue spazz of energy pushed Briar further and further, fueling him like a self sufficient dynamo. The pressure was crushing him, the weight of every doubt seeking to crumble him beneath it's might, the unknown around him entrapping him within it's ever-closing maw! But Briar wouldn't fold, if he did he'd loose everything he ever cared for, he couldn't be the Harbinger of anyone's end. He wasn't a jerk lie Veronica! And so he fought, he falter once kneeling under the pressure, his hand being made into pebble fodder beneath it's overbearing might. But his left leg stood in defiance of this force! And with his right hand he'd grab his left wrist and try with all his might to force himself up. His chakra still rising as did his ideals to overcome!

Last edited by Briar Venkage on Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:58 am 
The Great Destroyer
The Great Destroyer

((Please proofread man. Please))

The Hallway adorned the mask of illusion. Bricks slid against aggregate like the sound of shifting ancient temples far away from this place. The hallway of self pity got exponentially longer transforming this Great Obelisk of an Uncle to a Great Speck on the horizon. Still, Kham's voice could be heard loud and clear, at the back of Briar's skull chastising him for his doubts.

"Did I just hear more pitty Do not waste more of MY time!"

His displeasure with weakness and overall disgust at Briar's self deprecating insistence caused the pitiful pebble in Briar's hand to multiply. This boy who found his resolve to stride along with his family needed to remove the words cant out of his vocabulary. They only made him hug the ground that much more, and brought the walls around him to bone crunching levels.

The Michio Clan Greats

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:24 pm 

Kham had it all wrong, Briar wasn't allowing his fears and worries to get the better of him any longer, no instead he was fighting! Fighting against everything that was hindering him from advancing, keeping him from developing and evolving. As the walls drew closer and the weight magnified Briar would be seen leaking sweat. Around him in a circle formation four craters were formed, from the perspective of a normal person nothing could be seen, but from the eyes of a being who could see chakra in it's raw form would witness the sight of four ghastly telekinetic arms planted within the ground, serving as leverage Briar soul would flourish, bursting with dark yet pure intentions....

Survival was key

Victory was paramount

Fear and doubt were no loner options

He had people he cared about, a world he wanted to explore,and thousands of question left unanswered. What of his aunt? His mother...who was she? And overall he wanted to reach his potential. He had a duty, he was given a charge and though he didn't fully understand what his role was in all of this what he did know was that he was the only thing standing between The Demons of Pandorus and this world.That alone was enough to clarify things for him...he couldn't protect anything or anyone if he was weak, and in order to be strong...this pebble that symbolized his short comings had to be tossed aside with vigorous effort.

And so he pushed!

He soul propagating by the moment expanding rapidly a spherical display of his spirit was shown. Pitch Black With long Red lines resembling bloody tears running from his eyes. The Outer layer of his Soul wrapped in a Slew of Black thorns covered in a frosty blue Aura. It appeared massive for but a moment before it receded back into Briar, his body would quiver before his eyes burst open once more.

I can...do this...

He mumbled under the crushing forces around him, his defense crumbling by the second.

I'm not scared!

Another pulse of force as he once more attempted to cast the stone aside.

I won't be just another failure!!!!!

With everything he had, every ounce of resolve,care,compassion,vigor and spirit he began to lift the stone from the ground and with a furious lion like roar he tossed the stone in the air. His soul bustling brought the walls to a halt. And Briar was left panting holding his left arm.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:13 pm 
The Great Destroyer
The Great Destroyer

"No, no you wont."

Said Kham, with his arm extended toward Briar to help him off the ground. It appeared Briar's link with a force exclusive to himself was one strong enough to shatter the mirage world of pity. Surrounding teacher and student were cratered walls, deformed to a spherical indentation with the two at the center. The halls looked chopped and bent, no two patterns of destruction were the same. This new power timely in it's reveal, required honing. Briar's physical body however came first.

"Take my hand and your regrets with you. Casting them aside does not mean they are gone forever, they will continue to haunt you at every trail. You must grow accustomed to their weight so when doubt surfaces, you will not be phased."

He was still expected to carry not one, but two pitiful pebbles with him to their next destination. The goal was to strengthen Birars body against demonic influence and while that new found power was great, if he didn't have the body to metabolize it, then it'd just do more harm than good. Once Briar took Kham's hand, if he could manage, they would be on their way.

The Michio Clan Greats

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:28 pm 

*Pant Pant*

He was too out of breath to return his word in kind but he would nod his head in understanding. He was beginning to understand Kham's reasoning behind what he was doing. In Briars heart it felt to cast off those things was to cast of his humanity. To cast off his humanity was to become vulnerable to the demons influence. He had to accept these things but not let them overcome him nor prevent him from his goals. They were heavy as ever...but they were tolerable. He held onto his uncle massive hands and his tiny palm was devoured by Kham's palms. His knee buckling every now and again but his eyes churned with a new purpose, with a new found resolve.

T-Thanks...

His light voice struggling though his spaced apart breathes. His muscles tearing and reforming with each step. Being a demon had it's perks, his bod regenerative proprieties were great. Which made exercise all the more effective.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:45 pm 
The Great Destroyer
The Great Destroyer

"Mm."

Kham nodded, gripped Briar's hand and turned around toward the ever expanding hallway. He rose his free hand toward its ominous depths and set it aglow with the emerald green light of the Magus. The hallway unraveled itself brick by brick, folding away into a totally new section of the Sanctum. One much colder in temperature and a hell of a lot more morbid. Frost muscled it's way into their comfort zone along with tufts of snow and nice. What lie behind it's frigid greeting was a closet full of hanging racks of frozen meat and vegetables numbering in the low dozens.

The Destroyer found the reason to smirk. Liliana robbed him blind, but she did not take his rare foods. He rose from his kneeling position with Briar and strode into the cellar. The chilling mists threatened to mask his presence, Kham wouldn't let it so the winds obeyed and fanned the icy chill around his body. He parted racks of hanging meat with his hands looking for something in particular.

"Do you eat?"

He had to ask, because the last time he hosted a family member in his home all she did was just pick, stare, and jab the food with a fork, fucking Hellgates. A properly trained Michio could go months without food, that didn't mean it was necessarily wise. Every now and then Kham had to refuel. He also just loved cooking. If Briar didn't eat that wouldn't stop Kham from stuffing his face.

The Michio Clan Greats

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:03 pm 

The place was absolutist amazing! It was like his uncle was some sort of superhero and this was his cool lair! Bricks magically recalling and chizz and all gave Briar an odd bubbly feeling. Maybe he could get a place this cool one day. Every super cool awesome kid needs his own awesomely awesome palace of awesomeness.

He hadn't forgotten the weights though for the moment his fascination made them a little more tolerable. Bit by bit his body was becoming acclimated to the weight so each moment he held them after that initial breakthrough was less hindering. But then something far better had shown itself, something that Briar couldn't help but become flabbergasted by. Skip the vegetable every since he battled the Broccoli witch Veronica he had a sorta personal vendetta against vegetation. But those succulent and massive piece of flesh looked absolutely awe inspiring.

I dunno, I never actually have eaten anything before, cept maybe that Lion.

It would actually make sense, before hand as a babe Briar only ever consumed the light Z.K gave him in his bottle to suppress the demonic blood within him and regulate his dark energy. But ever since he was "weaned" off he found his appetite becoming more and more insatiable, though not only that, but he could no longer sustain himself on just light...he needed meet...he needed darkness...

Probably why the Black Lion met the fate it received.

But this all looks so tasty.I can smell it...the fear of the animals who were hunted are stuck within the meat...almost like it was soaked in it.

Hunger definitely seems to be something close to Briar, it must be what drove him to do such reckless things. At least in the case of the Lion Pride it was so.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:10 pm 
The Great Destroyer
The Great Destroyer

Briar's response brought Kham's procession through his rather spacious meat locker to an abrupt halt. He sighed, rested his weight against one of the larger frozen slabs of hanging beef and just shook his head. He had encountered demons before, but never had he thought he would have to raise one. This kid could smell fear? And appeared as if he wanted to eat it? How was fear even preserved in the essence dead things? He resolved to not feed the kid fear. And just take it out on ZK later.

"Is that a yes or a no?"

He said conhalantly as he pressed deeper into the freezing cold cellar. Stalactites made of ice polluted the ceiling which also had dozens of chains hanging from it. On these chains were Kham's prized kills, but there he had something more specific in mind for his first meal in a few months.

The Michio Clan Greats

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:14 pm 

It wasn't to difficult to understand his Auntie explained to him that beings when their emotions are really powerful an they die sometimes leave imprints of those emotions and feeling upon the physical plane. So what Briar could "Smell" was the animals final and most powerful emotions before they were killed for food. Kham wasn't a demon by blood so he might not truly appreciate how something like that could be enticing to Briar. briar sighed a little in embarrassment, perhaps he was getting beside himself.

"Yes..I eat"

He said in a slightly embarrassed tone before looking back at the fleshy marvelous thing before him.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:18 pm 
The Great Destroyer
The Great Destroyer

From Briar's perspective, he was standing at the entry way to a rather spacious cavern of a refrigerator. It was as high as ten of him, and even wider, Kham had all but disappeared who knew how deep it was. The walls were slated together with thick ice, frosted over preventing the slightest glimmer of a reflection. Mist swam around the hanging frozen carcasses, twirling around their morbid majesty further obstructing vision.

"Good."

Kham's voice echoed among the icy walls and frigid slabs of meat. He was knee deep into his freezer completely invisible to the naked eye. An idea just hit him. One that could really turn this into a game for Briar, take the edge off and maybe test more of his abilities.

"Let's play a game. If you win, you can eat. I wouldn't recommend losing."

His voice moved like the mist, encroaching, omniscient, yet subtle. It merely glanced the ear drums and tickled the senses. The kid had a rather impressive muzzle, if his senses were truly that potent then maybe a game of hide and seek would suffice. Kham's knack for creating games on the spot originated from Briar's adopted father ZK, who could turn any speck of idle time into a roller coaster ride given the tools. The Destroyer only hoped he could measure up.

Slowly the carcasses swayed from left to right like a revolving pendulum. The hypnotizing noise of chain links harmonized with the intoxicating cadences of the shaking ice sculptures. Eventually the rather monstrous meat sacks came alive and worked their way around the ceiling like some master puppeteer was yanking their strings turning this into a rather grotesque funhouse maze. This puppeteer whipped up the silver ghastly mist and bathed the proceedings in its ominous cloak obstructing vision and plummeted the temperatures to horrid levels. Briar had spent a while in Kham's presence, maybe he had developed his sense of smell...

Find Me.

He had his task. Step into the maze, and locate his uncle.

The Michio Clan Greats

Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:47 am 

A game? Briar loved games! But even more Briar loved winning and since that was the object of this game, he didn't have to worry about a lecture concerning whether or not the purpose of a game was to win or to have fun rather than loose, he could focus on both without being called an over achiever of sorts. But honestly? This game might be a little harder than he thought, Sure Briar caught a good whiff of Kham various influences, but with an empty belly being around all these lovely pounds of flesh.It was gonna be hard to fish em out. BU as Kham vanished Briar tried to focus. He began to venture furter a bit, sniffing away, he took one large inhale and was instantly it with an overwhelming scent, the carcasses around him in his current state were a bit over the top for him. If he was going to find his uncle, he was going to have to calm down.

Board index » The Neo Nightmare » Glistening North » Blizzard Flats » The Sanctum Sanctorium