Chapter Four:Investigate The Obelisk

Fate I
Drifter

Chapter Four:Investigate The Obelisk

Post by Fate I »

The winds howled vigorously as they swept through the snow covered mountains. Their strong, gusty breaths, snapped the frozen trees. The winds carried the fresh, white snow, blanketing the mountain base and reducing visibility to staggering conditions.

The Alps were home to many feral creatures, powerful titans and the Denkou Kingdom. Clashes of steel echo in the distance, just under the sound of the storm, you can hear a vigorous battle waging on.

The Lunjuer were sent to scale the mountains and investigate the functionality of the Holgurd’s Family Obelisk. From the base of the mountains the team could feel the low temperatures, strong winds and heavy snow;but, were equipped with advanced, lightweight gear. It was safe to assume these conditions would only worsen as they climbed the Chaos Alps.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Re: Chapter Four:Investigate The Obelisk

Post by Zeik »

He approached the mountain base from the east. His body covered from head to toe in lightweight, protective gear. In his back was a large bag of supplies for the trip, including a tent and pick-ax. His clothes blended into the snow perfectly, almost matching the shade of snow to an exact science.

The winds continued to blow, pushing the light snow into his goggles, which he frequently wiped away.

“It’s colder than we anticipated, but the clothes Urizen provided for us will hold. You still back there team?’

He asked, looking over his shoulder briefly before focusing his attention on the sheer height and magnitude of the mountains. They stretched far into the clouds, and spanned for miles. It could take them days to climb the mountain.
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Naito Neves Denkai
Arcanum Iris

Post by Naito Neves Denkai »

He came to follow right behind Zeik, dressed in the special clothes the Urizen made for him to use on this mission. He had on his StorMecs which proected his eyes while the gear protected any barr skin. Although he didnt need the suit, Because he is a Denkai, he already had special fabrics and technological tools to help him navigate through the area. But he wanted to look cool and apart of a team so he wore what everyone else did.

The boy could see to the Naten infractions that swirled ahead of them. The winds carried a certain potentcy of blood that Nazuma picked up on.

M'lord.. this reminds me of our escapades from four years ago.. Do you hear that?..

The Denkou prince said as he stood next to Zeik. A site worth seeing to any who know of Zeik and Nazuma's relationship with the Alps of Chaos. He waited with Zeik for the others to catch up to them. The winds of the moutain were just as pwerful and deadly as the temperatures.

Flux
Drifter

Post by Flux »

“It’s colder than we anticipated, but the clothes Urizen provided for us will hold. You still back there a team?’
The howls of the biting winds seemed to beckon a coming of something furiously tied to nature, either it is a blizzard or the coming of the panther witch and her furry comrade. Fourtanely for them it was the later. Zeik was damn right it was colder than was speculated and even with their insulated clothing masterfully fashioned by the Urizen the borderline anemic caster needed an extra layer of protection. She had fallen a bit behind in order to ready an incantation that would prove well to help keep the cold from shackling or slowing her down. "Infernus" she whispered into the beyond of the alps. Her grimoire flashed a soft violet gleam before a thin yet firm veil of heat encompassed her weaving itself into the fibers of her clothes granting her more resistance to the cold and reducing any snow to vapor. A low-level implication that certainly would have it use today because it was really cold then a bitch out here. She really had to thank the Urizens for their ingenuity because without it shed be a Fluxcicle out here. It was such a dope concept, forgers capable of merging the tangible with the incorporeal. They were similar to the Enchanters of her coven, but so much more naturally in tune with the craft. The surface realm truly was something to see and as she stared at the clouds swallowing the peak of the alps she gulped in nervous anticipation. Adjusting the smalls knapsack of supplies she brought with her, herbs, a few tonics and some basic survival tools that she grabbed from a storeroom. With consent of course. She wasn't setting herself to be seen as a cat burglar. Though her attire would voice otherwise.
[b
Show
Flux Outfit[/b]]Image
Eventually, she caught up to her party, eager and present. Flutter peeked his little head from under her hood. He had his own little get up on to match hers though he didn't need the warmth if her magic. His own fur was very resistant to heat as it was cold. She just thought he looked so cute in his little onesie. Nazuma, the youngest one amongst the crowd back at their initial meeting place. He and Zeik seemed to hold some sort of connection. She knew Zeik to be this lands, King, the way Nazuma addressed him was different than from Alaude and the others, it was more formal. As if he was a knight of Zeiks. Intriguing. She put a pin in that."Present!" The curious chestnut gal would scour around their surroundings. Her vision was not bothered by the whirling gales nor the thick pellets of snow. Her panther aspects granted her a wickedly clean sense of sight. She kept her sense sharp and her wits about her.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

He wasn’t waiting long before a trusted ally and knight of Astral City arrived-Nazuma. Nazuma was a proud and capable prince of the Denkai kingdom, whose determination towards excellence and social prosperity quickly earned him Zeik’s trust
M'lord.. this reminds me of our escapades from four years ago.. Do you hear that?..
‘These mountains have changed quite a bit in those short years, you’ll find most of the pathways are blanket in snow.

Not to mention the Azure Oasis activity has spiked in the last week, making spatial abilities like teleportation impossible passes this point.

I hear quite a lot of activity and see even more further up the mountain, but was there something that stood out Nazuma?’

He looked over his shoulder and noticed the adept mage, flux had arrived and was gradually adjusting to the Alps dangerously low temperatures.
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Naito Neves Denkai
Arcanum Iris

Zeik wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:28 am
‘These mountains have changed quite a bit in those short years, you’ll find most of the pathways are blanket in snow.

Not to mention the Azure Oasis activity has spiked in the last week, making spatial abilities like teleportation impossible passes this point.

I hear quite a lot of activity and see even more further up the mountain, but was there something that stood out Nazuma?’
The thing was it all stood out to Nazuma, he thought many of the Lands of the Alps were at peace or so the Astral Coucil made it seem. Yet there was this going on amongst the people of the land. The spikes of irregular naten also was something that should have been discussed however the secrets held from the people to maintain order where being fashioned right under their nostrils.

He couldn't hide the discomfort in face. Nazuma was one of the more passionate warriors seeing as he doesn't kill many opposing treats.But he knew that he might have to shed blood here. It was an obvious observation that he was mentally preparing himself.

The air is different here. Do you still think its wise we interfere? We could only further the regress the situation.

He would notice the girl as she appeared. He remembered her from the academy and had always wanted to meet her again. When she appeared he seem hostile at forst but would relax omce he realized who she was.

That's a cool suit. Heeyy , Flux isn't it, may I say that's one bitching outfit.

He would the turn his attention to the passage way ahead of them. He only saw this as a way to try a wind spell he had been wanting to use. The bou would reach in his back pocket and pull an old book out and flip through its pages. No.. No.. Not this one either. Ah Ha, Hail Helanue. This may work. For a short distance but I believe I can clear up some of this wind. I just have to Write the spell correctly... Wind Control: Storm Beacon.

The boy would write a spell using his naten in the air, the naten was red and rich with Nazumas wind magic, a single swipe across said words would send a gust of wind that clear sight of about 30 meters. It rested infront of them in at the end of the trail acting as a light in the fog.

Alright... Hey guys It worked! You see I launched that thing like thrity meters.
He would motion that everyone could continue but still waited to the roop to move about.

Flux
Drifter

Post by Flux »

Flux wasn't much of a chatty Kathy when placed in new environments. Much f her focus tended to be on observing what was aroud her. It didn't take much observation to know something was lingering here though and Nazuma might have caught...wind of it. His wrods, Thosse of Zeiks proved to be true. Her spatial energies were ll clumpped up and disfuctional. Like a jamming signal was being putputting by the strom or essence of the mountain itself. It was a good thing she conserved her energy by walking here, It might've taken a leg and an arm to tether here. "Oh this ole thing?" she said with a jovial and light-hearted tone. Of course, it was actually pretty new and she was still getting adjusted to it but she did enjoy the comfortability it gave. "Nazuma right? Your people are perched upon this range yes?" She had been on the surface for little more than two weeks after the Arena match. But in that time she had heard more than enough whispers about how he was some big shot prince from these very mountains. But he was knee deep in some shit with the other royals. Conflicts, turmoil, they existed here in bulk as well, The whole world was going to shit t be honest but she still needed to be on end of experiencing. Her face lit up with the same crimson hue as his naten and her mouth opened just a bit. Wind magic? She had seen it before but it was a very lost and sacred kind f power. Not many fluent practitioners of it anyway but it seemed to come so naturally for him...just who was this boy. He was someone to watch...to learn from even. This could be through observation of how he wielded his gift on this journey.

"We won't know what on the other side of the grass if we always remain too timid to venture there." She said putting her hand on his shoulder and smiling before walking a few steps ahead near Zeik. She neede a refresher though. Just what were they here for again?"Uh, Zeik. Mind debriefing us again...I kinda forgot..." She rubbed her hands through his midnight hair with a nervous and slightly embarrassed chuckle. Her feline partner seemingly rolling his eyes at her carefree demeanor. She needed to learn to be more serious in these kinds of circumstances.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

Nazu Denki wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:16 pm

The thing was it all stood out to Nazuma, he thought many of the Lands of the Alps were at peace or so the Astral Coucil made it seem. Yet there was this going on amongst the people of the land. The spikes of irregular naten also was something that should have been discussed however the secrets held from the people to maintain order where being fashioned right under their nostrils.

He couldn't hide the discomfort in face. Nazuma was one of the more passionate warriors seeing as he doesn't kill many opposing treats.But he knew that he might have to shed blood here. It was an obvious observation that he was mentally preparing himself.

The air is different here. Do you still think its wise we interfere? We could only further the regress the situation.

He would notice the girl as she appeared. He remembered her from the academy and had always wanted to meet her again. When she appeared he seem hostile at forst but would relax omce he realized who she was.

That's a cool suit. Heeyy , Flux isn't it, may I say that's one bitching outfit.

He would the turn his attention to the passage way ahead of them. He only saw this as a way to try a wind spell he had been wanting to use. The bou would reach in his back pocket and pull an old book out and flip through its pages. No.. No.. Not this one either. Ah Ha, Hail Helanue. This may work. For a short distance but I believe I can clear up some of this wind. I just have to Write the spell correctly... Wind Control: Storm Beacon.

The boy would write a spell using his naten in the air, the naten was red and rich with Nazumas wind magic, a single swipe across said words would send a gust of wind that clear sight of about 30 meters. It rested infront of them in at the end of the trail acting as a light in the fog.

Alright... Hey guys It worked! You see I launched that thing like thrity meters.
He would motion that everyone could continue but still waited to the roop to move about.
-He admired Nazuma’s spell crafting for its versatility and spontanuity,It favored Vescrutia’s ever changing challenges. He even studied the tomes and grimoire of the Denkai, the ones they were willing to share, hoping to sharpen his own crafting.

The uproarious howl of the winds slowly subsided, giving the snow a chance to rest on the mountain base. With a quick smile he showed his appreciation.-

“That’s Great Nazuma. We will have better chances if we can see what’s approaching us. The Azure Alps are massive my friends and was once a desert several times the size of Astral City. You may be aware of it, but just to be sure I’ll gloss over some details. The ripples of the horsemen influence once tainted the Hellgate Tribe, resulting in a civil war between the the nine families.

The clan was deceived by an outsider posing as a member of the family, spawning a whirlwind of panic. During the panic, the families Vesta and Urizen, warred over control of the Azure Oasis, a pivotal point of power for this land.

The details are foggy, but the Oasis ruptured and released copious amount of raw Azurian Naten. The damages to the land were incalculable and resulted in a geological evolution, the massive desert became these very mountains. The bulk of the tribe was lost that day, along with many other lives;but, all of them didn’t move on.

Some became more than they were, other found themselves inseparable...giving rise to Chimera, Jinn and a list of others’ he said gently, starring off into the distance as always. ‘Chimera’s I’m not worried about, I’m sure the two of you could handle a pack of them, but the Jinn that live in these mountains are nothing to scoff at.’’

He looked over his shoulder, checking on his newest companion, Flux.

‘Make sure you’ve installed your oculus, It’s the contact lens I have you yesterday?’
Flux wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:28 am
Flux wasn't much of a chatty Kathy when placed in new environments. Much f her focus tended to be on observing what was aroud her. It didn't take much observation to know something was lingering here though and Nazuma might have caught...wind of it. His wrods, Thosse of Zeiks proved to be true. Her spatial energies were ll clumpped up and disfuctional. Like a jamming signal was being putputting by the strom or essence of the mountain itself. It was a good thing she conserved her energy by walking here, It might've taken a leg and an arm to tether here. "Oh this ole thing?" she said with a jovial and light-hearted tone. Of course, it was actually pretty new and she was still getting adjusted to it but she did enjoy the comfortability it gave. "Nazuma right? Your people are perched upon this range yes?" She had been on the surface for little more than two weeks after the Arena match. But in that time she had heard more than enough whispers about how he was some big shot prince from these very mountains. But he was knee deep in some shit with the other royals. Conflicts, turmoil, they existed here in bulk as well, The whole world was going to shit t be honest but she still needed to be on end of experiencing. Her face lit up with the same crimson hue as his naten and her mouth opened just a bit. Wind magic? She had seen it before but it was a very lost and sacred kind f power. Not many fluent practitioners of it anyway but it seemed to come so naturally for him...just who was this boy. He was someone to watch...to learn from even. This could be through observation of how he wielded his gift on this journey.

"We won't know what on the other side of the grass if we always remain too timid to venture there." She said putting her hand on his shoulder and smiling before walking a few steps ahead near Zeik. She neede a refresher though. Just what were they here for again?"Uh, Zeik. Mind debriefing us again...I kinda forgot..." She rubbed her hands through his midnight hair with a nervous and slightly embarrassed chuckle. Her feline partner seemingly rolling his eyes at her carefree demeanor. She needed to learn to be more serious in these kinds of circumstances.
Fortunately for you, I love hearing myself speak, especially on these mountains.

“Vescrutia has an Old enemy, we call them Horsemen. They’ve had their hands in every potential downfall of any society to breathe on this rocky planet. We have reason to believe the horsemen are planning a wide scale attack on our Obelisk defense system, located in these mountains. If the Horsemen can disable the Obelisk, theres nothing preventing them or their endless sea of Ravenger’s from subjugating the planet. We are here to investigate the the structural security of the Obelisk and remove any hostile.”
Last edited by Zeik on Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Naito Neves Denkai
Arcanum Iris

Zeik wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:19 am
That’s Great Nazuma. We will have better chances if we can see what’s approaching us. The Azure Alps are massive my friends and was once a desert several times the size of Astral City. You may be aware of it, but just to be sure I’ll gloss over some details. The ripples of the horsemen influence once tainted the Hellgate Tribe, resulting in a civil war between the the nine families. 

The clan was deceived by an outsider posing as a member of the family, spawning a whirlwind of panic. During the panic, the families Vesta and Urizen, warred over control of the Azure Oasis, a pivotal point of power for this land. 

The details are foggy, but the Oasis ruptured and released copious amount of raw Azurian Naten. The damages to the land were incalculable and resulted in a geological evolution, the massive desert became these very mountains. The bulk of the tribe was lost that day, along with many other lives;but, all of them didn’t move on. 

Some became more than they were, other found themselves inseparable...giving rise to Chimera, Jinn and a list of others’ he said gently, starring off into the distance as always. ‘Chimera’s I’m not worried about, I’m sure the two of you could handle a pack of them, but the Jinn that live in these mountains are nothing to scoff at.’’
Nazuma knew all to well of the Jinn in the moutian the one creature they were told to avoid.The jinn were some of the strongest they ever faced. Only Denkou of AcrhMage status have been able to take down a small group. A swam would be able to take down anyone from what Nazuma has heard.

However, he felt more prepared than he would have been a few years ago. He only looked at Zeik and then at Flux he wondered was this enough for the journey they faced. He was confident, nonetheless, he was more use to fighting alongside Zeik as opposed to the girl, who joined them. She had strong Naten ability, he felt this when she appeared. He remembered her battle from the Academy and always wondered what else was to her. However, he knew it was always time and place for such things.

Nazuma's tone of voice changed as his concern was answered subliminally by Zeik. He only closed his eyes and came to terms with it all. He couldn't let up here or take things lightly. This was serious, and he had to focus. He could lose his life, so he had to be careful.

Well, I wouldn't say perched but yes. The Denkai Kingdom is just south of the Oasis. The Kingdom generates power from it so the flares of irregular Naten have caused technological difficulties in the kingdom. So who better to send than the next King himself?.

The trial of every royal in his lineage, a warriors life was one a true King must live first. His family was no stranger to feats like this one he faced now. The boy may have came off as a bit nonchalant and emotionless as he spoke. He saw that remaining calm even in the beginning could be beneficial to them all. He was kinda stepping out of his area of knowledge he always wanted to travel the land with his brother but since he was on a test of his own, Nazuma has to do this alone, without his brother. He was ready.

Well, lead the way, if we're all accounted for. Nazuma said as he made a odd gesture to motion Zeik to take the lead up the moutain. And Flux to follow. The show was just beginning and Nazuma was more than ready.

Flux
Drifter

Post by Flux »

Ahh yes, The Jins. The almost literal gods of her people. Tethered and connected to the realms, the elements, these titans of naten. Concepts, ideas of nature given corporeal form through mastery of self. They typically stood weary of humanity peering at most as some form of a lesser beast. Though there were those who found joy in toying with their affairs. Either way, they were insanely dangerous creatures whos ties to naten steemed as far back as the first turn, the Dawn of vescrutian creation. Though her dives into the past never granted her sight that reaches that far back, the many ruins and tombs warped with stains of life from worshipers of these beings, she had come to know many things that most Elders had no clue of. That was how she knew of them...of what they truly were like. The Horseman. She did know much and what she did know she wished she hadn't. There was a place beautiful land bustling with life, culture. A staple of growing human excellence and the forefront of its civilization. A place that was now besmirched with destruction laid now in complete tatters. She felt the stinging overwhelming fear of its destruction the moment she touched its once hallowed grounds. Kemet, gone, nothing but the horrid energetic scar of the horsemen's lingering hatred now rested in its stead.

Though with this awareness sat an uneasy feeling festering inside her. Flutter felt this as well nestling his head under her chin. "You feel it too huh?" She said just a little before Nazuma spoke. His senses were keen, she could feel the subtle flickers of naten sparking amongst the ecosystem. Clashes...something was conflicted here, the sways of this land here jumbled. It made her nervous."Right behind you...", she said keeping her cool and following up after Zeik as he took the lead. The winds sending the tails of her attire in a flurry of lashing like movements. Her fushia gaze glaring at the thickly clouded skies above. Her spell stayed stable and shielded her from the chilling frost of the earlier gale. Something was amiss here...it made her question whether Zeik was given them the whole story of this mission. "Zeik, can you tell me more of the horseman"

Return to “Mountain Base”