Chapter Four:Investigate The Obelisk

Zeik
King of Chaos

Re: Chapter Four:Investigate The Obelisk

Post by Zeik »

The situation took many turns in such a short time, in one moment the warrior thought he’d have to make a sudden dash to save his comrades;but, before either nazuma and Zeik had a moment to be swayed by fear, Teralok had already devised a plan.

‘What the Argol lacked in vision it made up for in smell and hearing, capable of hearing the fluttering heartbeat of wild hare even during the worse of storms.’

Zeik watched as the Argol ears and his muscles loosened their tension.

‘Ignorant to our origins and fearful of its intentions must have started the beast.’

Zeik saw in teraloks face the complete absence of fear, maybe he wasn’t aware of the destructive and territorial nature of Argol or perhaps, he could tell a friend from a foe without hesitation.

Teraloks technique wasn’t beyond Zeiks’s expertise;but, it certainly boasted a comfort that the warrior hadn’t yet master- harmonic’s.

He used specific wavelengths and defied the language barrier between himself and the Argol and what was more surprising was the Argol patience. The creatures were known for their irrational and territorial behavior, but it would seem the fear of losing his offspring had humbled the creature.

‘Nazuma, at ease. It would seem teralok has averted our potentional crisis.

Teralok, what is the Argol saying. I can feel only bits and pieces not enough to make out his true intention, does the creature need help?’
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Naito Neves Denkai
Arcanum Iris

Post by Naito Neves Denkai »

Zeik wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:03 pm
The situation took many turns in such a short time, in one moment the warrior thought he’d have to make a sudden dash to save his comrades;but, before either nazuma and Zeik had a moment to be swayed by fear, Teralok had already devised a plan.

‘What the Argol lacked in vision it made up for in smell and hearing, capable of hearing the fluttering heartbeat of wild hare even during the worse of storms.’

Zeik watched as the Argol ears and his muscles loosened their tension.

‘Ignorant to our origins and fearful of its intentions must have started the beast.’

Zeik saw in teraloks face the complete absence of fear, maybe he wasn’t aware of the destructive and territorial nature of Argol or perhaps, he could tell a friend from a foe without hesitation.

Teraloks technique wasn’t beyond Zeiks’s expertise;but, it certainly boasted a comfort that the warrior hadn’t yet master- harmonic’s.

He used specific wavelengths and defied the language barrier between himself and the Argol and what was more surprising was the Argol patience. The creatures were known for their irrational and territorial behavior, but it would seem the fear of losing his offspring had humbled the creature.

‘Nazuma, at ease. It would seem teralok has averted our potentional crisis.

Teralok, what is the Argol saying. I can feel only bits and pieces not enough to make out his true intention, does the creature need help?’
Nazuma would rest his shoulders and withdraw his stance. He only watched as things transpired betweent the troop and the Argol. These creatures are very aggressive and the fact Terlok was able to speak to one amazed the prince. His own power only allowed him to listen to the words of the argol but he didnt really understand it to much. But he left translation up to Terlok.

What's it saying?

Teralok
Drifter

Post by Teralok »

Game Master wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:55 pm
His actions became more dangerous to the adventures as the Argol razed at the icy floor with its fingers, whimpering more frantically in between deep breathing.

Suddenly, without provocation, the Argol exclaimed in a thunderous roar that shook the icy mountain, in the same breath;it pulled its mighty hands to its side and bowed its head. His ears twitched rapidly as he adjusted to its environment. The Argol was certain something alive was in its space. The aggressive breathing melted the thick white snow and cleared the travelers snowy veil- revealing the argols full expression,A titan standing 45 meters tall with two sets of arms and covered in white fur, with Scars covering its sealed eye sockets, like most Argol The tips of the Argols fur was red and grew richer in color as the creatures anger and frustrations grew.

It’s sense we’re immediately triggered by the young adventures advanced communication, the beast anger quelled as the young lad made Their careful and non violent approach.

In a series of deep, guttural coo’s the Argol spoke.

‘I have to find my offspring before im motionless and stiff like the rest of my family, I thought you...were the enemy for a moment;but, your naten says otherwise.

My baby has probably burrowed beneath the snow, she can’t hear my call. So I keep pressing on the snow to send her a signal.’
The mothers reply was received once it hit the warriors reverb chamber, connecting to the primal sources that could dissect the subtle tones.

‘She is a mother’

The mini monolith boomed deeply, his default speaking pitch still correcting itself.

‘And her child has buried itself beneath the ice and snow.’

Teralok brought his senses back to their elemental disposition remembering the organic frequency vividly even as it corresponded with the language he now spoke.

‘She wants to find it before they all freeze to death... or... hibernate...’

The warrior didn’t see the latter as warranting this dire a situation... nor this a particularly good situation for sleeping.

The child must have been deep to avoid the rampant vibrations the mother released trying to reach it. It could just have easily gotten stuck and already be dead. If the mountain would speak to him they would already know, but this wouldn’t be a problem in the first place.

‘How would you like to proceed?’

Any excavation by Teralok would have to be manual without the mountains cooperation. Still without thinking the moving tattoo on his back started glowing a dull red before it proceed to get unpresumably hot accelerating its rotation at second hands pace. He had made eye contact upon connection which helped him translate her tones but it didn’t help that he had maintained it since.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

“I can locate her kids, but i can’t say I trust we have time to help her dig them up. Avoiding her wrath is reward enough.’’

-He didn’t want to be short with a mother, even one of a day different species.

Perhaps he’d have felt differently if he wasn’t shouldering a heavy burden, worried about his daughter.-

‘I’ll scan the snow for her children over here...we’ll cover more ground if we split up.’
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Teralok
Drifter

Post by Teralok »

If Teralok could hear the naten of the mountain then this would be over quite quickly, but the mother only needed the child to hear her in order to get it back. He approached the Argol slowly as he raised his hand with an idea. The rotating tattoo on his back fluxed before the energy moved to the opposite hand just as slowly as he raised it. Unfortunately Teralok knew with the way he dug he could harm the child in question, but the warrior could get very loud.

You shall speak through me.

The warrior said with a few connected low frequency grumbles at the same time his hand reached the creatures fur. Raising his other hand the collecting energy bubbled out of his palm to a nucleus of heat concentrated inside this clear crystal dice like structure, from there beast breathing was heard as the core bounced in cadence, even the wind pounding against them sounded louder.

'I suggest you cover your ears'

He called back to his squadron as he even braced himself for the physics involved, he had never amplified another's voice before. Though this should sort out the issue, the sound waves being loud enough for the child to hear no matter how deep and allow Teralok to see how the mountain reacts to other beings voices first hand, the warrior was still anxious about the consequences of his choice.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

-he was impressed by the young Teralok readiness to help the mother Argol. He was patient enough to see she was in distress, even though he’s lost connection to his animus.

”I had feared he’d struggle with wrestling his shadow;but, as I get a clearer look—I believe he may be shaping a new path of darkness entirely.”

He thought to himself. His attention glanced over to a tree with a series of broken limbs.

“That tree over there, I think the cub may have under the pile of snow. The branches above are broken, they may have fallen from the tree.”

He said softly to his teammates. He wasn’t sure if he should investigate himself or let teralok, speak with the mother. He waited.

Naito Neves Denkai
Arcanum Iris

Post by Naito Neves Denkai »

Nazuma had took this moment as learning experience. He watched as everything went down and decided he could lend assistance, he would unwrap his familiar ToKo as Zeik spoke. The winds shifted and move. He was impressed by the prowess of Teralock, so he had to do his fair share of things to the mission after all he did almost slash the creature.

"ToKo.. Scan and track."

Out from his scarf would fly out a smalll bug like mech, it looked as if it were made of glass. Its wires and chips visible if you looked close upon it. in the middle sat a signle orb that acted as its eye. A few whistles and beeps went off as a long beam of light. The familiar flew over the area and began to scan looking for anytrace of the offspring.

"It's gonna take a few mintues before we can find anything. But just give him sometime and ToKo will find your babies."

Nazuma said to the Argol as he began to follow ToKo as it scanned the rubble.

Teralok
Drifter

Post by Teralok »

The mother took a deep breath, and Teralok could feel the intricacies of her windpipes. The warrior would never mention this fact out loud, but the warriors own eyes weren’t that good either. The way he interpreted light from dark was... unique, so somehow he found himself relating to the Argol when she let out a cry that pierced every veil of darkness with its vulnerability.

RAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWR

Hear voice amplified from the orb through his body to reverberate every article of snow and rock on the mountain even if it was only a little bit. It put Teraloks hair on end, even to the point the warrior had to compose himself against the amplified anguish of this mother looking for her child.

The echo of the call died away slowly as an even lower rumble replaced it and a smaller version of the mother burst from the ground under the branches Zeik was beginning to notice. Calling it’s response it purred and cooed, shying to the unknown faces it poked out to.

Famine
Drifter

Post by Famine »

A deafening silence fell upon the alps of Chaos as a shadow eerily crept across the blinding white light of Xelphis, forming a small oval shaped spec of darkness at the center of the star-The spec grew larger by the second until the light of Vescrutia's binary star system , Xelphis and Solara, were totally eclipsed-Drowning the mountains in a deep crimson glow. The sudden loss of light stirred the animals of the country into a frenzy, affecting animals as far as the Acrix Desert. The young turned on their mothers and docile creatures became wrathful, as bedlam sowed roots in every creature's consciousness-in their presence. Leaving their minds hollow, their faces plastered with grim, vacant expression-even while being devoured by their kin. This madness was par for the course in the presence of the Horsemen, but even more so in the company of famine. As her presence actively stressed their senses with mind gnawing anxiety, devouring their lucidity and leaving their souls famished. One look at her eyes ushered men into bedlam, proving the folly of hope as they quickly submitted to psychosis or worse. This madness was the curse of famine, leaving man and woman alike starved for sanity, stripping them of rationality and bathing their minds in a never ending tumult of anxiety--rushing them to oblivion. Yet, the argol cub seemed unaffected, how?

The suns light flickered aggressively, each flash of darkness lasted but a fraction of a second, but revealed countless pairs of eyes looming over the mountains from the vantage of Vescrutias many moons. The dark oval shadow in the sun suddenly disappeared and a bubbling mass of black, putrid , liquid appeared on the snow covered mountain. Slowly the liquid mass coalesce into a shadowy apparition,still an enigma, void of any distinct features and riding atop of a malnourished horse. Life withered away as the horses hooves stomped the ground, gradually making its way towards the travelers, deteriorating snow, foliage, and animal alike to a lifeless husk if it proved to close. The rider remained void of any discernable features save for the sleek curves of their waist. Each step they took annihilated the grounds beneath them, creating their own hallowed land.

The presence, now more a faceless shadow, locked their attention to Zeik and despite the twinstars floating high over the alps of chaos, the sky ran a deep crimson red. The horseman halted its approach--keeping roughly 4 meters of distance, just close enough to expose the travels to the full force of her toxifying Aura. She rose her finger and pointed the thin, shadowy appendage towards the party.

"You got my message, Hellgate?"

Said a feminine voice the travelers only heard in their heads. She spoke in a dead tongue, a language none could decipher, which sounded like a tumult of pained screams. Famine stood boldly into the light, but her appearance remained veiled.

"Who among you, can still breath?"

Said a very strident, but sultry voice into their heads, observing their suffering from atop of her Steed.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

His vision started to fade as his knees buckled under the weight of his heart plumenting into his feet. Like the nightmares had foretold, ruined spouted in his mind, like embers chasing the dry leaves of the starved forest. In a flash he saw the fall of his comrades and before he could wrestle for his next breath, the collaspe of his kingdom.

He fell to his knee, halting his collaspe with sudden release of his Animus, a blue wispy katana he had forged from his strongest emotion. With his first breath of clear air he forced it back out in a vigorus shout.

"Draw your Animus!"

He said with a guttural shout, the words themselves practically choking him. He quickly stood up and searched for the source of his pain, activating his infamous skill, origin vision. His eyes, glowing with the prismatic iredesence of his birthrune-Origin vision, he scanned the area and found the source of the spell.

Somehow the horseman was capable of shattering the barriers created by the obelisk? No..that weapon was built with the collective intelligence of vescrutias finest engineers? He rushed his finger to his ear, activating the radio to Astral city war room, a line directly connected to Archer tower-where kurai and meridia waited.

"The breech is confirmed. We have contact with the horsemen, Kurai...i'm gonna need your support on this one, ready The Archer."

He said through gritted teeth, even with the animus active, it couldnt completly repel the toxic aura of the horsemens presence. Yet somehow the cub remained unharmed and still rushing to meet his mothers grasp.

"Teralok? Nazuma? You still with me?"
Famine wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:36 pm
The suns light flickered aggressively, each flash of darkness lasted but a fraction of a second, but revealed countless pairs of eyes looming over the mountains from the vantage of Vescrutias many moons.
".The eyes...well that makes more sense as to how shes defying the obelisk. She isnt working alone...but, what order of magic are they using-is this..runic magic?"
Famine wrote:
The dark oval shadow in the sun suddenly disappeared and a bubbling mass of black, putrid , liquid appeared on the snow covered mountain. Slowly the liquid mass coalesce into a shadowy apparition,still an enigma and void of any distinct features- riding atop of a malnourished horse. Life withered away as the horses hooves stomped the ground, gradually making its way towards the travelers, deteriorating snow, foliage, and animal alike to a lifeless husk if it proved to close. The rider remained void of any discernable features save for the sleek curves of their waist. Each step they took annihilated the grounds beneath them, creating their own hallowed land.
"What...why is she hiding? This isnt what she looked like when they flattened Arturus."
He thought to himself.

"Hey, no matter what youre seeing in your head. No matter hoe close it strikes to home-its not inevnibie. We still get to make our choice in how it turns out."

Famine wrote:
The presence, now more a faceless shadow, locked their attention to Zeik and despite the twinstars floating high over the alps of chaos, the sky ran a deep crimson red. The horseman halted its approach--keeping roughly 4 meters of distance, just close enough to expose the travels to the full force of her toxifying Aura. She rose her finger and pointed the thin, shadowy appendage towards the party.

"You got my message, Hellgate?"

Said a feminine voice the travelers only heard in their heads. She spoke in a dead tongue, a language none could decipher, which sounded like a tumult of pained screams. Famine stood boldly into the light, but her appearance remained veiled.

"Who among you, can still breath?"

Said a very strident, but sultry voice into their heads, observing their suffering from atop of her Steed.
His eyes narrowed to a slit as he stared down the shadowed creature. Her voice sometimes a soothing choir, while others a razing hellscape. He listened, despite the horrors it burned into his mind.

"Shes speaking our language, i understood...nazuma! Teralok! Are you hearing this?"

He asked as id he were unsure.

"So the vision... i had were a message from you? Why are you leading me here? State your intentions?"

He said with a mighty shout, flaring his Aura in response to his rising emotion.

Archer Command Meridia:Zeik...need i remind you how close you and your team are to the Core of the Alps? Or perhaps how Azure reacts when excited by the limitless thermic potential of your hellfire?

Zeik:....

AC Meridia:Remember, we need more time to study her language. Keep her talking.

Return to “Mountain Base”