the Solid Vomit

These are areas outside of the realms of the Alliance. Venture out into Vescrutia's open world and explore. Go anywhere and show us a side of Vescrutia that might not have been discovered yet.
Axel Gobetsu
Drifter

the Solid Vomit

Post by Axel Gobetsu »

Sitting in the back of a back alley tavern called the 'Solid Vomit' was the shady character of tonight's deal. Amidst the few regulars that were entertaining the bartender and the depressed alcholics at their table the figure at the back did not look very out of place. Hooded and cloaked he sat sinking in his chair with a blunt rolled in a dark dried leaf. His figure heavily on leaning out of the natural light of the bar, and even his chair was out sight, the darkness under it seeming to absorb it completely.
This was the second blunt he rolled since getting here, so he was chilling, but he couldn't just sit here all night. He didn't really want anyone he knew to come across him here, not that he didn't mask his presence, but this transaction was important to him. He has had trouble getting in contact with his plug the last few days and he was beginning to worry about his stash. Thankfully he had been networking enough to get the word out about his products. Unfortunately this guy was about to miss his chance if he took much longer than the end of this blunt.

Axel Gobetsu
Drifter

Re: the Solid Vomit

Post by Axel Gobetsu »

She came in with a man at least a whole foot taller than she was, he had to duck in the door behind him. Her eyes locked into our character in the corner and she subtly waved down her hand. A dark skinned beauty that wore a black trench coat with heels which didn't make a sound. Her mans had on a cowboy hat, a brown jacket that had the sleeves ripped off of them some fugly jeans and cowboy boots.

An odd pair under any circumstances Axel would have immediately sized up any newcomers to the out of the way bar. As she walked closer Axel confirmed she was looking for him but he still thought there was a mistake. As she sat down Axel leaned to forward assuredly with the blunt in his hand and asked.

"Are you sure I don't mean to do business with your friend over there?"

Leaning into the light she would have noticed Axel's fave completely covered beneath his cloak by a mask of the same material up to his eyes. At the same time he could see she looked to be younger than he was about 19 or 20, black short hair, dark brown eyes. She replied sitting back and getting comfortable with a cocked smile.

"My friend doesn't have the means to pay you what I do..."

"You have the green stuff..."

There was a silence between them that was palpatible amidst the rest of the tavern. The guy at the door shifted.

"Ok look."

Axel sticks the blunt into his mouth before it disappears into his cloak. Fiddling for just a second he pulls out a scroll. Dual handled, it held a substantial summoning jutsu. He placed it on the table.

"Inside is everything you need for a hundred battles."

He looked her in the eyes wondering how she managed to get her hand on the substantial amount of weed he asked for. When his friend sent him the transmission by earpiece he expected an old man stockpiling for the endtimes. Looks can be deceiving however and apparently she had product that he asked for.

"Show me yours."

She crossed her arms. Obviously used to dealing with grown men and how they treated women. She cocked and eyebrow as she scooted her chair back and stood up.

"Follow me"

She began walking towards the door as Axel got up tucking the scroll away again to follow her. The bar patrons continuing unbothered as we passed by silently after our brief and muffled meeting. They headed clean out the door, the silent cowboy leading the way, before the shadow underneath his seat silently dipped out of the back hiding in the night's favorite corners.

Savaj Vanguard
Drifter

Post by Savaj Vanguard »

“Ah, watch it!”

-Said the young lady dawning ebon shades despite the murky darkness swallowing this speakeasy. Savaj bumped into Axel and his group the second he walked past the shifty drapes and barked her drunken aggressions without giving him or his possy a second glance.

The young lady sported bronze colored locs just a bit longer than Axels, styled into a fashionable bun that completemented her dashing facial features. Judging the symbol sewn into her light spring jacket, she was Neovian Military. But the caustic heir about her gave the impression that she could give a fuck about procting or serving.-

Axel Gobetsu
Drifter

Post by Axel Gobetsu »

Keeping up with the beauty in front they walked down the block a few buildings. Empty, closed down things, a few things simply closed.

"So what's your name."

She asked, not turning around.

Axel didn't answer as they turned the block.

"You know it's not everyday someone tries to clean my vault now. That's a lot of work there ya'know."

They then turned into another alley as Axel decides to speak up. A slight breeze flows out of this plenty empty alley. The cowboy gentlemen sticking closely behind.

"So you know who grows it then?"

The girl slows down looking up like she was measuring the distance from the ground. Spinning around though she halted the procession facing Axel directly. She held out her right hand

"Kyra."

Surely she jested, but Axel could feel the confidence in her, he reached out of his pockets to return the shake. On cue a ship revealed itself hovering over the alley quite silently despite Axel spotting it's thrusters burning brightly all of a suddenly.

"Zack."

Axel pledged letting go of her hand. The ship, now opening a hatch off it's rear, dropped three cargo crates off before it's sides slid open. Axel went into his cloak silently and handed the scroll to her expectant demeanor.

"It's been a pleasure I'm sure."

She walked past him after dipping the scroll into her trench and exchanging it with folded note.

"Come by next time."

She flirted ambiguously holding the note up plainly for him to take. Of course he did. Plucking it out of her fingers swiftly so she could be on her way. He strode over to his treasures. Her companion was standing next to two ropes, one of which he was already holding on to.

"Bet!"

They were raised up quickly on to the ship as Axel squatted down already smelling contents of the chest. He popped the lid, fifty sealed pounds. He checked the other two, the same thing. Axel finally relaxed, dropping a knee to draw seals on each corresponding to an already secured scroll. Calmly making a sign they quickly disappear in a whiff of smoke. Axel preparing to do the same.

Savaj Vanguard
Drifter

Post by Savaj Vanguard »

“..And what was that?”

-Savvy said having melded out of the alleys darkened shadows. It was unclear how long she’d been knelt down behind him creeping on his interstellar deals he may or may not have participated. But it was clear she’d been following him and saw whatever it was he poofed away.-

Axel Gobetsu
Drifter

Post by Axel Gobetsu »

Thankfully she hadn't intervened or the whole play could have been spooked. Axel stood quietly before he responded.

"That. Was some of best dank I've smelled on this side of the waters my friend."

He peeked over his shoulder eyeing the stalker for a second before tucking his hands in his pockets and walking to the other end of the alley. Axel didn't know how she did it, but that was why he kept on loving her, the shadow that stalks his shadow.

"You watch out around here now."

The shadows behind the girl grew stank swirling with the bloodthirsty naten of what must have been a massive timberwolf. It inched towards the girl pressing an eery set of eyes on her back, it felt it had found a tasty target.

Savaj Vanguard
Drifter

Post by Savaj Vanguard »

“Hol’ up!”

-She tried to callout to the cloaked figure before he scurried down the narrow urban catacombs but Axel was moving with fervor. She stood straight up with a grunt before sticking her hands back in her pockets and barking down the alley one more time.-

“You didn’t get to see all the cool shit I finessed off ya’!”

-She smirked pulling out the scroll from her jacket Axel thought he traded with that shady pair in the aircraft above (is it still there?) She nabbed it from him earlier when they bumped passed each other at the bar. It happenend quick thanks to some superb slight of hand and telepathic mastery. But the illusions however should be wearing off around this time, unless the space cowboy and his girl friend had weaker minds than she anticipated.-

..and what do we have here?

-Her telepathic whisper echoed through the minds of whoever or whatever treaded through its range. Warily she glanced over her shoulder while snatching the levitating scroll into her hand. The skulking bloodlust in the shadows would’ve lit her own veins with excitement if she wasn’t an animal lover. Despite the creatures gnarly presence, Savvy could tell It was still a baby.. and its mind was far its mature state. Maybe she could teach it a lesson in stealth before her marks got wise.-

Axel Gobetsu
Drifter

Post by Axel Gobetsu »

Axel scanned the sky, quickly, before turning around to face the sly newcomer. He knew they wouldn't be found if they didn't want to be, his senses told him that by the transaction. As soon as they boarded the ship had cloaked again and went Vescrutia knows where.

"Just who the fuck do you think you are!?"

Axel began to take step forward when he heard the echo of her mental faculties.

She can speak to me!

Sheer recoiled, the shadows behind the girl flexed reflexively before it's darkest portion shrank and darted up the walls in a surprised retreat.

Axel narrowely missed snatching the scroll clean from the shadows as he flickered forward. He would stand before her looming with his arms crossed when she finished with the distraction behind her.

"And why shouldn't I break you for what you just did?"

Now Axel was going to HAVE to stop by... Way sooner than he wanted to. That was after he dealt with the problem at hand. His cloak penetrated the darkness around him as he stood there, breaking his outline into the shadows of the alley swallowing the periphals until his cloak was the wall itself and there was no outlet. He stretched out his hand.

"Just hand it over."

He had taken closer note of her attire and seen the Neovian symbols, the exact reason he had avoided the village Tavern. Secretly he just hoped she complied.

Savaj Vanguard
Drifter

Post by Savaj Vanguard »

“Hmm.. Charmer, huh?”

-She said coyly bringing the scroll back to eye level before sticking it into her knee length jacket. There was a few ways this could’ve played out; him being an illegal arms dealing theif, her being a barely ethical soldier of combat. She decided to let Axel’s actions dictate the path she took this evening.-

“Wanna’ tell me where you got this? And DON’T lie to me! Trust me, I’d know.”

-She said exerting a playful sense of authority but also bathing Axel with psionic energies that targeted his brain’s neural passageways. He’d be hard pressed to say anything but the truth, a fact he’d probably have to learn with experience.-

Axel Gobetsu
Drifter

Post by Axel Gobetsu »

Axel Felt like snatching her up by the collar, but for some reason he couldn't make that decision. His mouth curling to his words as he leaned to respond, arms crossing again, and eyes that reflected none of her coyness.

"NnO."

For some reason however that took all of Axel's effort. He was not partial to mental energies but the girl had already played that hand. Axel was not about to give any ground to her control, almost cramping to answer the question at all. Even though it was truthful nonetheless.

Return to “Exploration”