Ask An Expert : The Ultimate Weapon Pt 1

Make your first post in Astral city here. Drop your bags off into your new room and leave your door open, if you want to be greeted by other citizens of Astral City.
The Mitre Tribe
Drifter

Re: Ask An Expert : The Ultimate Weapon Pt 1

Post by The Mitre Tribe »

((This is the introduction thread for This Saga If you're interested in joining up please read this first. Thank you.))

It was another rainy day in the Astral Chaos, a tropical region by all accounts who’s climate could go from sunny with a crisp breeze to humid and wet in the course of the same week. But this climate was prefect fo the buildings who drank in the liquid nourishment from above and used it to bolster the union between nature and construct, resulting in a fortified city of natural and scientific means.

At least that’s what Keirra heard. She could smell the wet in the air, hear the symphony of animals that lived amongst the people atop the canopies of the structure but she didn’t waste her time taking in the sights. She walked through the winding cobbled streets of Kurakin focused on her vector of forward. She all too carefully bobbed and weaved through the masses of citizens waving a long black rod in wide sweeping strokes back to and fro ahead of her. She could hear the missteps of people who tried to move out of the way of her cane but she stopped right in her tracks and with a sudden click, the cane made a snapping sound and shrunk itself down to the size of her forearm. Kierra sighed audibly, she was lost. This is why she always traveled with Kevin.

She reached out and tapped a stranger to her left, who stopped instantly.

“Hmm… hmm?”

An older woman by the sound of the shuffling of her feet and the feel of her clothes which were incredibly soft. There was sweat and grime on the shoulder region, perhaps not originally from this region? Judgind by how far Kierra’s hand had to travel, she was pretty short too.

“Sorry to bother you. I need help getting to Kurakin.”

“Oh oh oh. It’s right ahead of you just look for-“

Kierra sighed and pointed her cane toward the black sash covering her eyes she could smell the shift in emotions, next was the embarrassment, and then came the scent of awkwardness.

“Do I have to say it.”

She replied, and she could hear the ruffling of the woman clothes. She assumed she was shaking her head.

“No no, I apologize. Can I just take you there?”

“Yes.”

Kierra emphasized her elbow, and the woman grabbed it. They stood for a moment.

“Just waiting for a break in all the foot traffic is all.”

They stood for a few moments, Kierra let the sounds, and smells impress themselves upon her. She could hear the peddling of vendors on the streets mixed in with smells of spices but more immediately was the smell of awkwardness, and it wasn’t just coming from her guide. It was coming from immediate passers by. There had to be only one reason why.

“You can move on if you wish Elder. Just point me in the right direction.”

There was a universal pause, the elder lost her breath. Kierra only smirked.

“Sorry, I just have other business to attend to. Kurakin is probably a hundred or so steps in that general direction. If you’ll excuse me.”

“Of course. Enjoy the rest of your day.”

The woman vanished before Kierra’s words could reach her, among the sounds of her shuffling away were whispers of the usual sort. Talks of a Mitre being in their midst. The one related to the woman who slaughtered millions in Kemet. No doubt the woman saw all the stares of ridicule she was getting from the masses, and preferred her reputation over her good will. It was nothing Kierra wasn’t already used to. She wore the Mitre Tribe emblem across her back with pride. She would find Kurakin eventually. With another click she extended her cane and walked in the direction she was suggested, praying the woman wasn’t stupid enough to lead her into an ambush. The wide swaths of her cane across the cobbled streets of the chaos was Kierra’s own personal barrier- don’t bother me, I won’t bother you. And she preferred it that way.

Kierra only stopped to ask where Kurakin was curtly and quickly. To which the occasional dumbass would point, and she would have to point out her birthright. But In her twenty years of being on this side of the planet, she never made the trip to the chaos. She had no desire too. But the wide strokes of her cane stopped hitting people’s feet left and right, the roads were getting smaller and the city was growing quieter. She had finally made it. Her mission brought her to a section of the Astral Chaos polluted with residential buildings that eclipsed the sky above her and suffocated the streets to a few persons wide. Kurakin was another consonant cluster of a name in the bucket of Astral words, but this place was supposed to be home to where those who were apprentices of the Astral arts stayed.

There were so many of these buildings, but the one she was looking for, The man who she was looking for, Grave Yamino apparently stayed in 4-F. Which was an incredibly long walk through the serpentine causeways.

“4-A…. 4-B…. 4-C….”

The rows of houses seemed to go on forever with Kierra asking audibly just what the number of the building was. She realized she was fucking shit tired of walking, and word around Kurakin was Grave was one of those wanderer types. He might not even be here. She needed a smoke.

“Is this 4-F?”

Kierra said audibly to the nearby voices. Simultaneously, Kieera reached into the pocket of her sleek black cloak and felt the cool metallic casing of her vice. She felt rain drops collide with the thick forest of hair atop her head and she sighed once more.

“Yes indeed it is!”

Came a voice from her left. Finally. The cluster of drops persisted until a constant stream of precipitation matted her thick black wiry hair into a sponge of curls and kinks. Her cloak and the suit underneath were waterproof, a jet black rubber material, that looked like the folds of muscle fibers- courtesy of atlantean and COER technology. Kierra loved it but…

“Mother Fucker.”

She hated the rain. She exhaustively swore as she made her way to the steps leading up to 4-F. The stone steps were dry, and the sound of the rain was muted above them. There must be an awning. The group of folks posted along the stoop shuffled along the stone steps making space for Kierra who had a seat among them. She pulled her pipe out of her pocket, already packed. Naturally things got very quiet.

“Anyone got a light?”

“Y-Y- yeah of course.”

The scent of The Dream hit her nose first, a dank smell of burning forest funk. Then she felt the warmth of the pipe making contact with her skin. She brought it to her lips and took a drag.

“Pyrokenesis huh? Nice.”

She complimented whoever it was who lit her pipe. They probably nodded, and was too busy gawking at the emblem across the cloak of her back. The Emblem of the Mitre, the mantle of the Elder Blade. She didn’t care.

“Grave Yamino lives here? Please don’t nod I can’t see.”

She asked vocally toward no one in particular.

“Sometimes he stays. He’s been back here recently.”

“Yeah he just stepped out.”

So he’ll be back. Kierra decided to take a toke, and wait for him right on these steps.

“Appreciate it.”

She said and everyone went back to minding their own business. People on porch came and went about their day, paying particular mind to the cloaked figure seated upon the steps. As the flames chemically reacted with the chemicals packed into her pipe, Kierra inhaled and exhaled the last remains of stuff from her homeland across the ocean. People in the chaos were in the business of eating mushrooms and all that crazy shit. No thanks.

Her mind slipped back to the day she got the buzz from Atra to help him out with the very errand she was on. Kierra was never too close to the shadow guy but he fought like hell in The Abyss, that was respect enough. Besides Kham was just as much of her dad as TJ or Kayla was her sister. She trusted the now neovians, one of the few people who didn’t hold prejudice against her as a Mitre. Something she relished in, something her brother hated.

She reached into her other cloak pocket and palmed the crystal communicator. A seemingly ordinary crystal who’s scientific metholodiges she didn’t even want to understand. The damn thing let her talk to her brother, thats all she knew. She drew it out of her pocket and whispered…

“Kevin? Kev, can you hear me on this thing. I’m in the chaos, where are you?”

Normally the crystal would glow and fade when it was transmitting a message but COER gave her a special one that shook when she was receiving a communication.
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

This is a 'Pen Name' account that writes the narrative of The Mitre Tribe and it's members.

Anyone can join the Mitre Tribe, please contact this account directly and observe
The Mitre Tribe Character Sheet

Kisha Mitre, Herald of The Abyss, Champion Of The Arena
Kierra Mitre (Avatar Right)
Kevin Mitre (Avatar Left)

The Mitre Tribe
Drifter

Re: Ask An Expert : The Ultimate Weapon Pt 1

Post by The Mitre Tribe »

“Kevin? Kev, can you hear me on this thing. I’m in the chaos, where are you?”
“You’re out of time..”

-Whispered the tall cloaked figure checking the beeping device setting his pockets aglow. He removed his hood to take a peep out the glass window before returning his attention to the the blood soaked mercenary he tightly confined to a chair using thin carbon wires. Kevin had arrived twenty minutes prior to hearing his sister converse with one of Grave’s neighbors. Despite the haze of toxicity that hovered around their name, Kierra had always been socially gifted. She was charismatic in her young age, as well as wise and passionate. Her smile easily garnered a crowd’s attention passed their clan’s reputation, Kevin on the other-hand had grown more reserved In his twenty years alive. He didn’t trust people, and for good reason, they didn’t trust them..

It’s why Kevin made his way to apartment 4-F long before Kierra could finesse her way through the Kurakin Traffic. The Mitre Tribe held libraries on the various kneading techniques of Naten, with Alchemy hosting its own set of sacred volumes. There were experts and practitioners among their ranks that wrote dissertations concerning the laws of equivalent exchange, non however as talented as the man Kham endorsed. Kevin only heard stories of the alchemic wunderkind and was sure Grave heard enough about the Kemet Massacre to ward his own dissent. In efforts to put rumors to rest, Kevin arrived at his door to meet the man in person but was greeted by an assassin who was anticipating the alchemists return long before he.

The women was armored in equipment designed to thwart Grave’s style of combat; a set of gauntlets that dispelled any construct molded from alchemy, thick enchanted leathers, and talismans that mitigated the laws of equivalent exchange into sound bites. She was hired by an extended party to murder Grave after extracting some confidential files and was teleported into his home to await his return. Her intel was sound and covered every possible detail about her target down to his blood type, but there was no way to anticipate an over protective Mitre Tribe Elder would be the one turning the knob.

Her strategy had been practiced to perfection on hundreds of marks before hand; like clockwork she’d engage him using lightning quickly movements and an expertise in close quarter combat that would prevent Grave from transmuting a defense. Unfortunately, her exchange with Kevin ended before she could compensate for her mistake. The man was unarmed, yet managed to maim every inch of her body in bone deep lacerations with a single palm thrust to her chest. Her armor, neck, back and legs were torn asunder by an explosion of untraceable blades that slammed her body against the far wall. The force of the strike knocked her unconscious until Kevin woke her up to salt her wounds. She never saw the face beneath the cloak and scarf, but his grisly methods of interrogation taught the women new pedigrees of fear.

“Puhlea.. pl-ease, I promise you- I’ve told you.. I’ve told you everything I know..”

The woman pleaded through a broken mandible, a few severed tendons, and a heinous amount of internal bleeding after enduring Kevin’s intense line of questioning. The young man shattered human ethics but unearthed some crucial details surrounding the clandestine organization that employed her. She shared with him the name of the syndicate along with a very particular time and location Kevin could only assume to be the next target. She was telling the truth alright, there was never a doubt about it. The mortal coil could only endure so much pain before it buckles given the approriate tool, tolerence and training be damned. He learned that on his own while training with COER, where their commander personally introduced them to every nodule of pain in their body.

“I believe you.”

Kevin murmured softly into the ear of his captive, feigning empathy before invoking his anthem and sharpening the fabrics in his gloves. Gently he stroked her blonde hair before tracing his gloved index finger down her spinal cord. The precision of his incision, while fatal, transitioned the young assassin painlessly. It was his gift to her for being so compliant, given the circumstances.

“Cross, if you can hear this, I’m uploading our next destination.”

He whispered into hand held communicator and downloaded the recorded audio of his altercation unto Cross’ datacloud. After which Kev briskly made his way to the door, preferring to explain to Grave the dead body in his front room later when they debriefed. He waited few moments for the shuffling traffic of Kurakin residents to thin out before he quietly slithered out of apartment 4-F and met up with his sister on the stairs.

“I’m here sister, but The Alchemist will not be joining us.”

He said pulling his scarf back over the stitches that covered his cheeks like a grisly smile. The rain wouldn’t damage the linings but opening his mouth at all did hurt a bit.
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

This is a 'Pen Name' account that writes the narrative of The Mitre Tribe and it's members.

Anyone can join the Mitre Tribe, please contact this account directly and observe
The Mitre Tribe Character Sheet

Kisha Mitre, Herald of The Abyss, Champion Of The Arena
Kierra Mitre (Avatar Right)
Kevin Mitre (Avatar Left)

Return to “Kurakin Residential”