Chapter Four:Investigate The Obelisk

Zeik
King of Chaos

Re: Chapter Four:Investigate The Obelisk

Post by Zeik »

He was quiet after Flux inquired about the Horsemen. He knew as much about them as he did the origins of the soul, only speculation. Their motives were destructive to a perfection, effortlessly rotting centuries of evolution in a whisper. What could he say that didn’t reveal his own vulnerabilities?

“They’re a timeless evil, a weapon seemingly designed to vindictively remove life from existence and perpetuate their law. -He said dryly acknowledging Nazuma Que to move forward- “We understand nothing they speak, save only for their mantra One Sky. One Law. One God. Their power to pervert life challenges any idea of order or balance.”

He said while stepping over a fallen tree trunk with deep lacerations on one side and traces of white fur. He grabbed a piece of fur as he crossed the log and took a quick sniff.

“I met them... from my experience it’s different for each person, but when Famine spoke, I just remember feeling powerless and hopeless...some survivors of Arcturus, if you can call them that, are permanently changed. Their minds still trapped in the nightmare they felt when they saw them, traumatized by the loss.

I don’t know what they are, but they feel no remorse and know your weaknesses;but, maybe not personally.”

-He kept a steady pace walking through the snow, surveying his surroundings frequently. The last thing he wanted was to be caught off guard.-

“Nazuma, what’s the shortest route to the Oasis in your opinion. We’d have a better chance at finding the Obelisk from cliff of the Oasis.”
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Naito Neves Denkai
Arcanum Iris

Post by Naito Neves Denkai »

Flux wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:28 am
Ahh yes, The Jins. The almost literal gods of her people. Tethered and connected to the realms, the elements, these titans of naten. Concepts, ideas of nature given corporeal form through mastery of self. They typically stood weary of humanity peering at most as some form of a lesser beast. Though there were those who found joy in toying with their affairs. Either way, they were insanely dangerous creatures whos ties to naten steemed as far back as the first turn, the Dawn of vescrutian creation. Though her dives into the past never granted her sight that reaches that far back, the many ruins and tombs warped with stains of life from worshipers of these beings, she had come to know many things that most Elders had no clue of. That was how she knew of them...of what they truly were like. The Horseman. She did know much and what she did know she wished she hadn't. There was a place beautiful land bustling with life, culture. A staple of growing human excellence and the forefront of its civilization. A place that was now besmirched with destruction laid now in complete tatters. She felt the stinging overwhelming fear of its destruction the moment she touched its once hallowed grounds. Kemet, gone, nothing but the horrid energetic scar of the horsemen's lingering hatred now rested in its stead.

Though with this awareness sat an uneasy feeling festering inside her. Flutter felt this as well nestling his head under her chin. "You feel it too huh?" She said just a little before Nazuma spoke. His senses were keen, she could feel the subtle flickers of naten sparking amongst the ecosystem. Clashes...something was conflicted here, the sways of this land here jumbled. It made her nervous."Right behind you...", she said keeping her cool and following up after Zeik as he took the lead. The winds sending the tails of her attire in a flurry of lashing like movements. Her fushia gaze glaring at the thickly clouded skies above. Her spell stayed stable and shielded her from the chilling frost of the earlier gale. Something was amiss here...it made her question whether Zeik was given them the whole story of this mission. "Zeik, can you tell me more of the horseman"
Nazuma would be silent as Flux spoke. He trailed behind his two companions. He didn't feel the need to talk. His stromecs picked up on something. But it remained hidden. This put the prince on hiatus, and he became more vigilant of there surroundings. The fact the girl wanted to know more about the Horsemen struck him as odd. But also he saw this as her way of becoming informed of the enemy.

He continued to walk, as they moved so did Nazuma's spell. It allowed continued easy sight of the path before them.
Zeik wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:31 pm
He was quiet after Flux inquired about the Horsemen. He knew as much about them as he did the origins of the soul, only speculation. Their motives were destructive to a perfection, effortlessly rotting centuries of evolution in a whisper. What could he say that didn’t reveal his own vulnerabilities?

“They’re a timeless evil, a weapon seemingly designed to vindictively remove life from existence and perpetuate their law. -He said dryly acknowledging Nazuma Que to move forward- “We understand nothing they speak, save only for their mantra One Sky. One Law. One God. Their power to pervert life challenges any idea of order or balance.”

He said while stepping over a fallen tree trunk with deep lacerations on one side and traces of white fur. He grabbed a piece of fur as he crossed the log and took a quick sniff.

“I met them... from my experience it’s different for each person, but when Famine spoke, I just remember feeling powerless and hopeless...some survivors of Arcturus, if you can call them that, are permanently changed. Their minds still trapped in the nightmare they felt when they saw them, traumatized by the loss.

I don’t know what they are, but they feel no remorse and know your weaknesses;but, maybe not personally.”

-He kept a steady pace walking through the snow, surveying his surroundings frequently. The last thing he wanted was to be caught off guard.-

“Nazuma, what’s the shortest route to the Oasis in your opinion. We’d have a better chance at finding the Obelisk from cliff of the Oasis.”
He was fond of the lands at be, so having him here was a bonus for the troop. The Denkou mines werent to far from the obelisk. Nazuma knew of a to get to the Oasis in a matter of hours.

Yeah, the highest point of the Oasis is Helinues Arc.There we will be able to see the Obelisk and the Quickest way to there is through The Astra Gardens... Flux..

The Prince looked at the girl. His facial expression and tone of voice would be a reassuring response to her inquiry. He didn't know if she was afraid of the outcome. Or if she just wanted more information on the horsemen. He wanted to show her, that she was in very capable hands. Honestly she couldn't have picked a better team to be with than Zeik and Nazu.

Don't worry, most people don't survive an encounter with the Horsemen, but King Zeik has on numerous occasions... I follow Zeik blindly into battle but only because I know he fights for the same thing I do. We protect our home. The Horsemen want to destroy everything we love. This is why we do what we do.

Nazuma would step to the side of Zeik as he spoke. Taking a brief pause when he noticed the fur on the log in the middle of the road. He scanned the material and figured that the creature that followed them was what left this behind. The change in the wind sent a chill up his spine something sinister watched, but who was it after?

We aren't the only ones here M'lord..

Flux
Drifter

Post by Flux »

Loyalty...such a malleable construct. Yet when placed in the hands of those who would bring value t its, at times, lifeless essence created a bond and energy unlike any the forces of darkness could hope to severe. She sensed a bond of this nature between Zeik and Nazu much like her coven...they could take a lesson or two from these men. Regardless there was some naivety in the young prince's words. How can one aspire to be king whilst following the creed of another ruler? That was the baffling part of their nature a du of would be kings, one leading the other foot into possible oblivion. She supposed trust had something to do with this. But she was one to walk her own paths...navigate her own treks trough life. The was something...refreshing however about their union. She stayed curious keeping her ideologies to herself smiling at his gesture. His kindness did not go unnoticed but she stayed vigilant, there was definitely something afoot here, the naten...it whispered melancholy...a forbearance t be sure.

" I have seen what happened to Kemet, I am...familar with the destruction they wrought...I cannot allow that travesty to befall my people..."

She said as Flutter let out a little growl just a little bit before Nazu brought awareness of the potential company, good or bad though remained to be seen. Her grimiore would manifest...just incase they needed to go on the offensive. Until then she ket her magical energy regulated in her aura induced clothing. Wait! The Oculus. What were they for anyway, maybe they could help them weed out their mystery stalker.

"Whats to these occula majiggers?"

She said adjusting hers to her face. Col little gadget she wondered what it did exactly. Staying present and guarded.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

Yeah, the highest point of the Oasis is Helinues Arc.There we will be able to see the Obelisk and the Quickest way to there is through The Astra Gardens... Flux..

The Prince looked at the girl. His facial expression and tone of voice would be a reassuring response to her inquiry. He didn't know if she was afraid of the outcome. Or if she just wanted more information on the horsemen. He wanted to show her, that she was in very capable hands. Honestly she couldn't have picked a better team to be with than Zeik and Nazu.

Don't worry, most people don't survive an encounter with the Horsemen, but King Zeik has on numerous occasions... I follow Zeik blindly into battle but only because I know he fights for the same thing I do. We protect our home. The Horsemen want to destroy everything we love. This is why we do what we do.

Nazuma would step to the side of Zeik as he spoke. Taking a brief pause when he noticed the fur on the log in the middle of the road. He scanned the material and figured that the creature that followed them was what left this behind. The change in the wind sent a chill up his spine something sinister watched, but who was it after?
Astra Gardens? I haven’t been there, but you sound familiar. Lead the way my champion.” He said softly, under his light chuckle. He kept his awareness sharp, knowing that danger could lurk around every corner in these mountains. Nazuma had suspicions they weren’t alone and to be honest, he felt the same way. However, he avoided the question entirely. Whomever was stalking them would strike when they were defenseless, something he often feigned.

He sniffed the piece of fur he found on the log again, something about its scent was off;but, he couldn’t put his finger on it. “This...fur smells worse than brimstone, but there isnt any sign of fire or damage to the hairs.” He placed the hairs in his pocket and continued to follow nazuma. Nazuma knew the mountains well, after all his kingdom flourished here.

" I have seen what happened to Kemet, I am...familar with the destruction they wrought...I cannot allow that travesty to befall my people..."
His heart skipped a beat as Flux pronounced his failure, triggering a vivid flashback of the devastation. He hid his emotions well, playing the moment off with a soft smirk. It was true he and the other pillars, The Trinity, fought and repelled the horsemen’s advance that night, but...they weren’t totally victorious.

“I was there when Arcturus fell. The land was left scarred by some will or curse of the Horsemen. Vegetation can never grow from the barren soil. We lost the capital city the Architects built, centuries of history, thousands of lives in...a moment.”

He drifted into silence for a moment, jolted back into reality by Flux’s excited inquiry.
Whats to these occula majiggers?”

“Oh. It goes in your eye...well, on your pupil. It’s a Camera, tracking device, night vision, thermal. Kinda handy. It’s Urizen developed, so don’t expect me to know how it works. You can speak with Shino, head of Urizen development, for the lengthy details;but, blinking changes its functions. Hold your eyes closed tightly to turn them on and off.”
Last edited by Zeik on Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Fate I
Drifter

Post by Fate I »

The travelers were ripe on their journey to find the Obelisk, nazuma’s spell made sure the trio of adventures had visibility on their side and were beginning to suspect they were being watched.

There wasn’t a way to confirm their suspicions just yet and no signs of danger had revealed themselves, but in the distance, if you felt closely, you could head a very distant, but noticeable, rhythmic thud. *Boom. Boom. Boom* Growing progressively louder with each passing moment.

The winds began to pick up as well, blowing stronger than they were before , clouding the trio in a blanket of white flurries. The thuds grew from ripples to tremors quickly, something was surely approaching.

Naito Neves Denkai
Arcanum Iris

Game Master wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:16 am
The travelers were ripe on their journey to find the Obelisk, nazuma’s spell made sure the trio of adventures had visibility on their side and were beginning to suspect they were being watched.

There wasn’t a way to confirm their suspicions just yet and no signs of danger had revealed themselves, but in the distance, if you felt closely, you could head a very distant, but noticeable, rhythmic thud. *Boom. Boom. Boom* Growing progressively louder with each passing moment.

The winds began to pick up as well, blowing stronger than they were before , clouding the trio in a blanket of white flurries. The thuds grew from ripples to tremors quickly, something was surely approaching.
Nazuma's spell would disappear as the winds grew stronger. He then knew his theory was correct. The three of them where being watch like prey. He felt this of the creature approaching quickly. He would draw his blade as he took his stance. Breathe Syail.. in a flurry of naten the blade manifested in to The Prince's right hand. He took a fencing stance.

Brace yourselves.. Something is coming and it's coming Fast!
Nazuma said as his spell dissolves. Nazuma began listening to the winds and how they shifted trying to pinpoint their assailant.
Last edited by Naito Neves Denkai on Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flux
Drifter

Post by Flux »

She could hear it, the rhythmic sound of something approaching though she couldn't put a face to the feeling. It was like a haunting presence, leering from taunting from afar, prodding for something. Trying to force you to cave. The winds gt stronger causing The Prince's spell to fizzle out. She channeled naten into her hands before pressing them both against her chest. Her grimoire would gleam with a violet hue before the veil around her began to expand rapidly. It would cover them for 3-meter radius before swiftly retracting and morphing itself into an orb that created a similar effect like the spell Nazu used earlier. The light would not be as pungent as his but the warmth the orb created from its spicy core would at least guard them against the chilling gales less the winds grow to strides greater than her magic can detain.

" We don't know for sure that its hostile."

She admonished while a plume of violet flames filled her left-hand while the right one held the orb. This place messed with her natural senses. Something about the naten here, its presence interfered with her access to the Ovalu. It was disturbing. She cautioned herself.

Maybe these will help!

Keeping in mind the thingies Zeik gave them being visual enhancers she hoped to take a gaze through them and see if she could spot something. She blinked with the intent to change settings and they did just that. Night vision came on and she looked briefly with amazement. She got back on track though nd changed them to thermal. With her already impressive sight along with the enhanced thermal vision, she hoped she could scan around for the stalker.

Teralok
Drifter

Post by Teralok »

Careening their way was an intensely displeased metallic warrior, with almost gallop like intensity he came down the rockiest part of the mountain. Like an avalanche he moved the snow with his topographically altering leaps, his footing as sure as his destination. The team of elite warriors that were meeting at the base of the mountain.

Thud-CRACK

A few yards ahead his body pressed into the snow and ice with a resounding echo, making a crater that the small avalanche of debris soon filled. With a quiver that shook him loose of the snows embrace he looked to the team of Astral members. The warrior wondered if they were aware of the worrisome palpitations of the mountain. If they had not been already here Teralok surely would have had to find the King himself anyway.

Exhaling steam he trudged through the snow with about as much ease as you'd expect from a hot knife through snow, even though the lukewarm temperature produced no glow. The attire he sported was no different than his usual, not even a top, if you looked at his back however you'd see one of his tattoos rotating slowly.

"Comrades..."

In all honesty he wouldn't have stopped any travelers that he came across on this mountain, it was only because he recognized the high energy that he had stopped. The problem this mountain was going through couldn't be understood by the insensitive.

"Do you know what is going up here?"

It was only after approaching through the blowing snow could he actually see who he was speaking to. The mountain's naten was tampering with the boy's sonar, he didn't know it was to this extent.

"Astral King Zeik."

The warrior bowed subtly, hair blowing in the cold wind, before he looked to the other faces to whom he nodded.

"I should tell you this mountain has already claimed my weapon, the animus."

It sounded quite absurd, the weapon that was tied to his soul being lost. There was a summoning he could use for it as well, it just wasn't working for some reason. It had gone into the mountain and hadn't come back out. Against his will it was drawn in, almost magnetically but he couldn't tell, it was gone. Teralok couldn't feel it anymore, the mountain was dark to him which was a good reason for him to train up here but he couldn't follow lest he be lost himself.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

He was silent as the thuds grew louder, drawing closer to him and his team. Using the device, the oculus, slipped his mind in the midst of the growing hysteria. He was always calm on the outside, but still Zeik was human through and through.

Nazuma was urging them to prepare for battle, wise words(but, Zeik’s senses couldn’t settle on one course of action over the other. He wanted to make the right choice, the best choice and he didn’t have enough information to do such.

He glanced to his left, Flux was talking and refreshed his memory about the Urizen tech resting in his eye. He blinked, activating the thermal imaging sensors;but, as soon as he did that a familiar face appeared. Teralok, a knight among the growing capital City of Astral Chaos.

‘Teralok?’
He questioned while deactivating the thermal sensors of the Oculus .
Teralok was a sight for sore eyes and soothe his growing anxiety, he was beginning to fear the worse.

‘It’s good to see you Teralok, but I am sad to say I don’t know what’s going on here. Something has disable the sensors me and Dazu established here a while ago.

That’s was the first clue that something odd was going on.’

Even with his friends appearance Zeik’s concern didn’t subside and he’d learn to listen to those sense- not to mention, the snow was picking up and tampering with Dazuma’s spell.

‘Claimed your Animus...the weapon is connected to the spirit? Who...what could do that?’

He questioned. The teams progress had been halted by the sudden change in weather;but, they had to press on. He gestured for them to continue down the path they were headed, they needed to find the base of the mountain that lead to the Astral Garden before the storm got worse.

Naito Neves Denkai
Arcanum Iris

The Prince only had moments to react. He came to meet stead of Terlok and all feelings of hostility came to a hault. The news the knight shared, even struck Nazuma as odd. One to lose his animus is sure met with a strange phenomena. This put the young Denkou on edge but seeing as their troop grew with one more prominent warrior his confidence grew. A sigh of relief grace his muscles as he became less tense. His Blade would vanish as he holstered it behind his cloak.

"I just have to do a stronger spell. "

The Prince would once more invoke his Naten. He would slice the air manifesting a red aura. It collected the particles of Naten around in a controlled filter. Nazuma began writing a spell in the line he manifested.

"Storm Control: Double Beacon."

The Prince would attempt to summon two orbs similar to the one he invoked before enter the trail. He came to fail at the spell. It seems his very own wind magic was on the fizz. The Prisnve wondered what was going on exactly.

I couldn't invoke my magic... But I was able to summon Syail. My Animus...

The Prince thought to himself as he would press forward upon Zeiks motion to keep going. The prince would take the lead the trip to the garden was a bit of a ways away however they should be there soon.

Return to “Mountain Base”