Chapter Four:Investigate The Obelisk

Teralok
Drifter

Re: Chapter Four:Investigate The Obelisk

Post by Teralok »

Zeik wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:54 pm
‘Teralok?’
He questioned while deactivating the thermal sensors of the Oculus .

‘It’s good to see you Teralok, but I am sad to say I don’t know what’s going on here. Something has disable the sensors me and Dazu established here a while ago.

That’s was the first clue that something odd was going on.’

Even with his friends appearance Zeik’s concern didn’t subside and he’d learn to listen to those sense- not to mention, the snow was picking up and tampering with Dazuma’s spell.
The other arena contestant was here as well as the girl he faced. His muffled vibrations whispered back to him their failing warming measurements. It was then the warrior’s lack of humanity was bared, Teralok had become comfortable keeping himself alive. It took him constant meditation to strive despite the darkness the planet was enduring. He couldn’t spare the slightest for those who couldn’t do the same.
Zeik wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:54 pm
‘Claimed your Animus...the weapon is connected to the spirit? Who...what could do that?’

He questioned. The teams progress had been halted by the sudden change in weather;but, they had to press on. He gestured for them to continue down the path they were headed, they needed to find the base of the mountain that lead to the Astral Garden before the storm got worse.
The snowy front that Teralok brought with his leaps did not help but it did not hold a candle to the weather pounding the frigid air their way. Again his senses were also battered by foreign naten he couldn’t detect along his normal frequencies. He had not a clue about the formation but he would follow the team nonetheless. Teralok would usually have more knowledge about the terrain but the mountain was denying him all but the most ancient forms of communication, dialects so warped to his inner ear it was confusing. It was in the way of all his rituals and summonings, this mountain would not help him in the slightest.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

‘Teralok. How did you lose your Animus? I can sense a lot has changed within the Azure Alps;but, your Animus?

Did you encounter something? Is the mountains blocking your naten?’

-He had many questions, he’d sooner bombard them with his worries if he lost track of his composure;but, he couldn’t do that. Nazuma and many others revered him as a king, hell even among his tribe he’s the crown prince. Expectations didn’t cut close to the pressure he felt towards failure.

‘You were more than adept with your Animus before, I saw it first hand during the sparring session, Teralok. Nazuma...he isn’t having trouble with manifestation, have you any insight?’
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Teralok
Drifter

Post by Teralok »

Zeik wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:11 am
‘Teralok. How did you lose your Animus? I can sense a lot has changed within the Azure Alps;but, your Animus?

Did you encounter something? Is the mountains blocking your naten?’
The mountain was quiet to Teralok, as if waiting for his response. The wind blew and nature continued but the warriors speech was lost in the soil. Teralok was so puzzled trying to piece together his disturbed answer he forgot he wasn’t. actually. speaking.

“It’s not...communicating.”

The warrior said barely above the snowy wind as if looking for the right word. It might not be obvious but Teralok was definitely feeling some type of way. Ashamed? Disappointed? Alone? His lance had helped him decipher frequencies he had not been able to previously touch but as soon as the weapon tuned with the mountain it became immovable.
Zeik wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:11 am
‘You were more than adept with your Animus before, I saw it first hand during the sparring session, Teralok. Nazuma...he isn’t having trouble with manifestation, have you any insight?’
“The mountains naten has been locked up...”

He looked up the face of its many precipices as he talked. The snow ran across his skin in channels as he weathered the wind. His face frowning as he spoke his conclusion.

“Sealed...”

He would have suggested that any natural ties to this mountain be avoided but Dazuma quietly provided more proof to this tact. Teralok found out after he was unable to manipulate the mountain with his naten, his proof being his rather brute method of entry.

“I went to use the energy with my Animus and....”

He gestured at the mountain face beside them and shrugged. He couldn’t understand her right now, the mountain, something about her was jammed.

Naito Neves Denkai
Arcanum Iris

Post by Naito Neves Denkai »

And Poof it got lost in the winds..

I take it was something of a pull and not a push yes?.. Maybe that was the best thing that happen. Don't get me wrong the fact your Animus was lost in the ballot of the storm is a phenomena however it could also lead us to what's controlling this storm.

I am only able to summon my Animus Because it and my Familiar are always invoked. My Animus Syail is only hidden by my Nien Charka. Using wind magic to his and camouflage its location And my Familiar ToKo is in my scarf.

He spoke to Teralok in a calm demeanor as they continued to walk. Small particles of red light began to circle around Nazuma. They would swirl and funnel once again. The Prince's eyes would change to a crisp silver. He would begin to glow as the red circle became an aura that spread quickly across his dark brown skin. The winds around them be came calm. And the path ahead of them cleared. The boy's appearance changed and he bore a long jeweled crimson red scarf and his blade would appear as he released his nien aura into the air. He felt in order for them to get to there destination they needed at least see.

Nien is a power similar to prana, it is Naten amplification and manipulation. So as long as it has to do with wind magic I can make it so.. I can control a storm but not so much a disaster. The wind around us is easy but I can't control no more than a 75 meters.

The boy would take lead once more stepping in front of the group.

We're about 20 miles away from the garden. We just have to keep following this pathway. The Denkai have many roads and mines here. The cabinets of the alps are rich with materials that break down denki metal that allows us to shape it and create most of our technology. Naten also play parts to the construction as well. The fact that the winds are rich in Naten this moutain is a storm mages dream. The powerful gales create an ever changing atmosphere. The slopes are forever shifting. A place of constant change.The clouds dance with lightning and bringing a song so beautifully orchestrated.. Vescrutia has truly blessed us with a rich land in her heart

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

He listened to Teralok, his passionate expression were difficult to overlook. He felt so deeply and feared something with an equivalent depth. Teraloks thoughts rang out to him, though not as clear like his clairaudient experience with his wives.

‘We will find your Animus, I’m sure of it and I think Dazuma’s on to something. It’s no mystery that we are walking into a possible ambush, after all it was a premonition of the horse men’s involvement that we are investigating.’

He looked over his shoulder, Flux, more a friend of the kingdom than a knight of the Astral, was falling behind. She seemed stressed, distracted even;but, before he could get wrapped up in his drifting thoughts. He heard another Thud.

The same crash of might and Size from before, but this time...Teralok was standing right next to us. Suddenly the heavy panting of a very large creature sounded all to close to the traveling party.

Braving through his own fear, he lifted his hand to his lips, signaling for silence and in the same motion gestured above them.
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Fate I
Drifter

Post by Fate I »

Hiding effortlessly beneath the thick blanket of snow, were the muscular forearms of a large, blue furred creature. With its heavy breathing kicking up the snow resting on the ground into a flurry.

The creature moved one of its four arms, which seemed to perfectly surround the mountain travelers. It poked at the ground, trembling the stone ground, shaking the resting snow from the tall Aspen trees.

It’s massive finger landed on a fallen tree, pulverizing the thick bark with ease. Unsure of its find, the creature leaned its face closer, poking through the thick snow. Revealing its broad nasal structure, very familiar to many primates of the area.

It sniffed the bark, but didn’t seemed please with its find. That is, until it picked up the familiar scent of flesh. Nervously the creature sniffed, using its dominate sense to find what else lurked in its territory.

Naito Neves Denkai
Arcanum Iris

Post by Naito Neves Denkai »

Zeik wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:48 pm
He listened to Teralok, his passionate expression were difficult to overlook. He felt so deeply and feared something with an equivalent depth. Teraloks thoughts rang out to him, though not as clear like his clairaudient experience with his wives.

‘We will find your Animus, I’m sure of it and I think Dazuma’s on to something. It’s no mystery that we are walking into a possible ambush, after all it was a premonition of the horse men’s involvement that we are investigating.’

He looked over his shoulder, Flux, more a friend of the kingdom than a knight of the Astral, was falling behind. She seemed stressed, distracted even;but, before he could get wrapped up in his drifting thoughts. He heard another Thud.

The same crash of might and Size from before, but this time...Teralok was standing right next to us. Suddenly the heavy panting of a very large creature sounded all to close to the traveling party.

Braving through his own fear, he lifted his hand to his lips, signaling for silence and in the same motion gestured above them.
The prince stopped as Zeik signalled the group to stop. As they area became silent for a moment, his ears twitched as they picked up on movement in the distance. He would look above as small flurries of snow fell from above them.
Game Master wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:32 am
Hiding effortlessly beneath the thick blanket of snow, were the muscular forearms of a large, blue furred creature. With its heavy breathing kicking up the snow resting on the ground into a flurry.

The creature moved one of its four arms, which seemed to perfectly surround the mountain travelers. It poked at the ground, trembling the stone ground, shaking the resting snow from the tall Aspen trees.

It’s massive finger landed on a fallen tree, pulverizing the thick bark with ease. Unsure of its find, the creature leaned its face closer, poking through the thick snow. Revealing its broad nasal structure, very familiar to many primates of the area.

It sniffed the bark, but didn’t seemed please with its find. That is, until it picked up the familiar scent of flesh. Nervously the creature sniffed, using its dominate sense to find what else lurked in its territory.
The Prince buried his face into his scarf.
Nazuma made haste as he grabbed the grip of his blade he slightly separated it the holster and came to take a stance.

We might have to fight this thing.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

-Feverishly he beat his lips with his index finger, desperately conveying the urgency for silence. Facing an Argol in a heads up fight would exhaust their resources and potentially give away their position.-

“Shhhh”

-It wasn’t just a matter of resources or protecting their element of surprise. Zeik was a pyromancer and the Azure Alps were a frozen mountain range, there could be drastic consequences if he wasn’t careful.

Zeik ignited a small flame on his index finger, quickly flickering the flame on and off, while staring at Nazuma frantically.-

Teralok
Drifter

Post by Teralok »

Nazu Denki wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:03 am

Nazuma made haste as he grabbed the grip of his blade he slightly separated it the holster and came to take a stance.

Following the creatures collateral he found the object his comrades were stressing over. Their heart rates had risen over the howls of the blizzard to him. However Teralok did not see a violent reaction as viable.

‘This is not an enemy of the mountain therefore we do not need to make an enemy of it’

He muttered as they moved towards it. The beast was looking for something, most likely food. According to Teralok‘ senses however there wouldn’t be anything growing here until the energy flowed here again. They would have move to find food, the warrior wondered how many others were starving on this mountain.

He had stepped forward past his comrades towards the beast, melting the snow more than he crushed it. What was he about to do, the boy couldn’t speak primate... but he didn’t know how he spoke human either.

If he couldn’t speak to the mountain maybe this was the next best thing. The warrior made a sign across his stomach, all his fingers touched to activate this reverberation technique. Connecting past himself to the spirits that communed with his darkness he brought forth a frequency the beast should understand.

“WRROOOOOAAAAAAAVVVVV VVWUB WUB”

His comrades may have even been able to interpret the meaning of the noise should they be adept enough to hear the nuances of his wavelengths.

Why are you where there is no food. What’s happening to your home. Do you need help.

This was all woven tightly into his supernatural sonics, pulsed from the depths of his being at the scene before him. Still he watched carefully, it was quite a few octaves above his natural dialect so he wasn’t sure if he would or if he even could connect properly. Avoiding direct eye contact he watched the creatures limbs intently, assessing the beasts reaction as his hair fell back into the winds graces.

Fate I
Drifter

Post by Fate I »

His actions became more dangerous to the adventures as the Argol razed at the icy floor with its fingers, whimpering more frantically in between deep breathing.

Suddenly, without provocation, the Argol exclaimed in a thunderous roar that shook the icy mountain, in the same breath;it pulled its mighty hands to its side and bowed its head. His ears twitched rapidly as he adjusted to its environment. The Argol was certain something alive was in its space. The aggressive breathing melted the thick white snow and cleared the travelers snowy veil- revealing the argols full expression,A titan standing 45 meters tall with two sets of arms and covered in white fur, with Scars covering its sealed eye sockets, like most Argol The tips of the Argols fur was red and grew richer in color as the creatures anger and frustrations grew.
Teralok wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:09 am
Nazu Denki wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:03 am

Following the creatures collateral he found the object his comrades were stressing over. Their heart rates had risen over the howls of the blizzard to him. However Teralok did not see a violent reaction as viable.

‘This is not an enemy of the mountain therefore we do not need to make an enemy of it’

He muttered as they moved towards it. The beast was looking for something, most likely food. According to Teralok‘ senses however there wouldn’t be anything growing here until the energy flowed here again. They would have move to find food, the warrior wondered how many others were starving on this mountain.

He had stepped forward past his comrades towards the beast, melting the snow more than he crushed it. What was he about to do, the boy couldn’t speak primate... but he didn’t know how he spoke human either.

If he couldn’t speak to the mountain maybe this was the next best thing. The warrior made a sign across his stomach, all his fingers touched to activate this reverberation technique. Connecting past himself to the spirits that communed with his darkness he brought forth a frequency the beast should understand.

“WRROOOOOAAAAAAAVVVVV VVWUB WUB”

His comrades may have even been able to interpret the meaning of the noise should they be adept enough to hear the nuances of his wavelengths.

Why are you here there is no food. What’s happening to your home? Do you need help?

This was all woven tightly into his supernatural sonics, pulsed from the depths of his being at the scene before him. Still he watched carefully, it was quite a few octaves above his natural dialect so he wasn’t sure if he would or if he even could connect properly. Avoiding direct eye contact he watched the creatures limbs intently, assessing the beasts reaction as his hair fell back into the winds graces.
It’s sense we’re immediately triggered by the young adventures advanced communication, the beast anger quelled as the young lad made Their careful and non violent approach.

In a series of deep, guttural coo’s the Argol spoke.

‘I have to find my offspring before im motionless and stiff like the rest of my family, I thought you...were the enemy for a moment;but, your naten says otherwise.

My baby has probably burrowed beneath the snow, she can’t hear my call. So I keep pressing on the snow to send her a signal.’

Return to “Mountain Base”