Chapter Four: Journey to Acrix Solara

Ancestral home to all Hellgates near and far.
Fate I
Drifter

Chapter Four: Journey to Acrix Solara

Post by Fate I »

The light of Xelphis kissed the white sands of the Acrix desert, smiling over the thriving community that has called the sands home for over a millennium.

Acrix was home to many people, elven and human alike share the dunes and villages with little dispute. Like so many other creatures, that survived the Great Wars, the Hellgate’s Tribe and the surrounding Elven species evolved during the second Astral year and built a nation to survive the test of time.

Massive pyramid built over highly electric conductive metals rest near the planets equator giving the Hellgate Tribe sustainable and renewable energy. Once a community of warring neighbors, now a thriving tribe built on exploration, art and Unity.

A portal, known to the Kura Clan as a Darkslit, creaked open near a mound of sand close to the Hellgate village. from here the brilliance of the massive pyramids encased in a reflective mineral, capturing the luminous pink glow of Xelphis and harvesting its potent energy, was unavoidable.

The Tamist, a task force comprised of Astral Knights were instructed to remain near the Tribe incase the smaller villages were raided. if their intel was correct, a breach in the obelisk grid would lead to a Revengers assault somewhere in this desert.

Nagase
Drifter

Re: Chapter Four: Journey to Acrix Solara

Post by Nagase »

She stepped out of the dark slit her mother created, her and the other members of the mission had just finished a briefing at Archer tower.

They were advised of the dangers of the mission and details She neglected to pay attention to, her parents loved lengthy explanations.

“You have to marvel at the lengths we can reach with cooperation and a whole lot of know how.”

Alaude Nightwing
Arcanum Iris

Post by Alaude Nightwing »

Fallowing behind the young Hellgate as she exited the dark slit Alaude would appear just moments after and would stand adjacent to Nagase. Alaude would take a moment to survey the area and could not help but take a moments pause to take in the breathtaking scenery.

"Remarkable..."

Alaude had never been to Acrix Solara let alone the Acrix Desert itself so this was his first time seeing its current state first hand. Alaude would then listen as Nagase spoke of this area being the result of different individuals coming together as a single community, growing into something bigger then what they could have ever been divided.

"Indeed which makes this mission even more important, to protect the results of this cooperation."

Inariel H
Drifter

Post by Inariel H »

From the wound in time and space, both Nagase and Alaude were birthed. Trailing a bit aways behind them would be the enigma of nature, Allen. His face would be filled with all manners of confusion and befuddlement. Such a method of travel was beyond foreign t him. It was so unsettling traversing disconnected from the earth it crept him out, to be frank. His almond skin embraced the warmth of the sun blistering upon the face of the white sands. He would be seen falling to the ground after the dark slit closed seeming to be caught his breath. He didn't like portals.

"This, I would prefer never to do again"

After a couple of moments staggered by he would rise upon doing so his eyes would be besmirched by wonder, buckling in amazement. The pyramids were simply breathtaking. He had not known Vescrutia to be filled with such wondrous architecture. The more he traveled, the more he experienced, the tighter his bond with this world was becoming. The Chaos was truly beautiful land. He took a few steps, stopping just a few feet to the left of Alaude. Briefly, Aluades aura took his attention away from the scenery. It was potent, dark, yet calm and composed. He hadn't met many humes before, but this Alaude was by far one of the most mysterious he had ever encountered. Allen's natural instincts urged him to be wary of this one. But for now, they were all here for the same goal...a goal that eluded the red-haired one's memory at the moment.

"Nagase, vague is my understanding as to why here we have come. Tell, what is it that we seek?"

He asked as his focus left Alaude and zeroed in on the landscape once more. His feet rooting themselves in the stimulating sands. It was an odd feeling, much like the swamp, he visited not too long ago in terms of the lack of consistency in the ground. It was...weird, but welcoming.

Nagase
Drifter

Post by Nagase »

"Indeed which makes this mission even more important, to protect the results of this cooperation."

‘My father couldnt bear the lose of his homeland, that’s why he sent us in the first place, aye Alaude. I feel sorry for the moron they send to penetrate Hellgate defenses.’

She couldn’t hide her excitement, the lights and the presence of Acrix was breath taking. You could hear the rhythm of Drums in the background, celebration was as much a ritual here as it was in Astral City.

"Nagase, vague is my understanding as to why here we have come. Tell, what is it that we seek?"
‘Oh Allen, relax a little. I told you, the library we need access to is here in Acrix;but, only a Hellgate can access the building so we’ve gotta smooth you over with the locals. That means H-e-l-p-I-n-g people.’

-She said with her signiture sass, push, sharp and full of herself.-

‘I joke. My dad swore he’d get us access after he returned. We are just making sure nothing bad happens, I guess. We’re you not listening to the briefing either?’

-She said with a chuckle, her obnoxious laughter ringing out into the vast desert.-

Alaude Nightwing
Arcanum Iris

Alaude would notice Allen's momentary fixation on the naturally dark aura flowing from Alaude's body but would simply crack a harmless smile paying no mind to it. As a user of dark energy as well as being demonic entity Alaude was rather use to people being a little off put by the naturally dark aura he would emit. Alaude was not worried however as the young Allen was selected for this mission by Zeik himself which for Alaude was all that was need to keep him from having any worries.
I feel sorry for the moron they send to penetrate Hellgate defenses.
"Don't look down on them to much Nagase."

Alaude would calmly say this while continuing to look over the Acrix surveying the land. Alaude honestly somewhat agreed with the young Hellgate as it seemed pretty idiotic to attack such a area. Not only was it the homeland of the Astral King, but was home to the Hellgate clan who even as passive individuals where still vast more powerful then the average person or warrior.

However, the fact that the Revengers where still planning to attack/invade was not something to overall look down on but respect. Alaude would casually take out and igniting a cigarette in his mouth exhaling a light amount of black smoke before voice in opinion on the matter aloud.

"If these Revengers are really bold enough to attack the homeland of the Hellgates they are either very powerful individuals who have enough power/unique abilities to handle the like of Hellgates. Or these individuals are motivated enough by their own beliefs to take the risk which can be just as if not more dangerous the raw power as belief/motivation can push people to do things more chaotic then your typical individual."

Alaude would then continue to smoke while letting his words sink in for the other two. While aware that both could more than handle themselves in a fight Alaude still wanted to be sure they where aware that things could quickly take a turn for a worse depending on the situation. If these Revengers did have some specially abilities to specifically deal with Hellgates then Nagase could possibly be at a big disadvantage in the long run.

Or if the latter was true about them simply being devoted followers of the Revenger's ideology then that would make things more difficult in terms of protecting the city and its inhabitants. Either way Alaude would simply continue to smoke as he waited to make sure Allen and Nagase where ready to head forward toward the town.

Nagase
Drifter

Post by Nagase »

Alaude Nightwing wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:15 pm

"If these Revengers are really bold enough to attack the homeland of the Hellgates they are either very powerful individuals who have enough power/unique abilities to handle the like of Hellgates. Or these individuals are motivated enough by their own beliefs to take the risk which can be just as if not more dangerous the raw power as belief/motivation can push people to do things more chaotic then your typical individual."
Her foot tapped against Acrix’s pale sands. The milky white sand perfectly reflecting the glow of Vescrutia four moons, igniting A fiery pink hue along a path leading towards the city gates.

‘You’ve been spending too much time around my father, you’re starting to sound like him.’

She said with sass akin to her rebellious nature, taking her attention from the trail and directing her slanted, sharers expression towards Alaude.

‘Yet, I can’t deny...your precision on the matter. I won’t underestimate our enemy. Our forces are divided with Father away in the Azure Alps, but, if things get heavy, we still have the Eye in the sky to watch over us-The Archer.

Inariel H
Drifter

Post by Inariel H »

‘Oh Allen, relax a little. I told you, the library we need access to is here in Acrix; but, only a Hellgate can access the building so we’ve gotta smooth you over with the locals. That means H-e-l-p-I-n-g people.’
He smirked, probably the closest thing to a smile he shot her way since they met a while ago. The figure stood there, folding his arms and looking over towards the crimson irritation.

"Right right, helping people not eating them yes?"
‘I joke. My dad swore he’d get us access after he returned. We are just making sure nothing bad happens, I guess. We’re you not listening to the briefing either?
He'd lazily roll his eyes after weaving a slight sigh. This girl had a tendency to poke at his skin, a tendency he didn't see her breaking anytime soon. Wass, was this what it felt like to have a sibling bond? Kin? No, not for him. He had no place to belong, no spot of origin. A castaway of a time no one seems to recall. He was only here so that he wouldn't be hunted down by the chaos in suspicion of his ability to keep from killing humes, or any other form of sentient vescrutian life. A sentiment that he also harbored within. Since the advent, he's become conscious of what it means to know morality, at least vaguely. Flickers were started to seem more...important. Remorse? fear? He worried...for the first time he actually paid mind to what others may perceive him as. He paid attention to how he might perceive himself. Prideful warrior? Or insatiable beast...

*Pinch*

He'd grab his left cheek and winced a bit. A gesture to help divert his mind current thinking.

Out of your head...We have a task!
"Revengers?"

His large right ear would twinge with curiosity. Revenger? A name like that and observation of being powerful were all the bread crumbs he needed to draw a trail of curiousness. In the midst of that his memory of the debriefing began to come back to mind. Apparently these "Revengers" were hell-bent on causing havoc throughout the Hellgates homeland. At that moment as well he felt his chest pulsate. Quickly placing his hand over his heart his eyes narrowed.

This world...enclosed in horror as subtle as a serpent's hiss...will soon meet its end by means of deaths haunting kiss...

His eyes darted over to his comrades, did they also hear the voice? It...it rang something familiar. Where...where had he heard it before? Its cadence...No, he needed to chill out. If he got to worked up there's no telling how these two would respond. Though they may be apart of an appointed team, they were of High Astral ranking while he was allied with no one. Preservation would have to be his top priority, deciphering himself would come later. His face would relax, the crisp warmth of the desert wind would caress his face drawing with it a peculiar scent. His feet would shift in the soft white sea of sand as he continued to follow the pair making sure to stay within their sight. But something in him could not shake the feeling of the naten of this land and the voice who's message both ominous and interesting kept ringing in his ears...

Nagase
Drifter

Post by Nagase »

‘‘Tempest is late. She was supposed to meet us here and guide us through the desert. At least that much I remember.’’

-She said warmly, hoping to distract Allen’s fleeting imagination to a more positive note. She could tell by Allen’s aura alone that he was struggling with chaotic forces.-

“We should anticipate a fair amount of waiting around. I don’t see any visible signs of destruction, I’d say the city is safe for now, perhaps tempest can attest to that when she arrives.

The hills to the east should provide shade and a vantage point to watch over the city.”

Alaude Nightwing
Arcanum Iris

‘You’ve been spending too much time around my father, you’re starting to sound like him.’
"What can I say wisdom bequeaths wisdom."

Alaude could not help but chuckle after saying this in response to Nagase's statement as he continued to smoke his cigarette. It was true tho that while Alaude normally had a very casual tone to his speaking and mannerisms from his continued interactions with Zeik it appeared that Alaude had picked up some of his speaking mannerisms, this was neither bad nor good just a simple observation.
“We should anticipate a fair amount of waiting around. I don’t see any visible signs of destruction, I’d say the city is safe for now, perhaps tempest can attest to that when she arrives.

The hills to the east should provide shade and a vantage point to watch over the city.”
"Then lets begin making our way over there and then we can establish our own personal base of operation."

Alaude would then begin to casually head over toward eastern area as Nagase pointed out still remaining on guard and vigilant. While it was true through both Tempest and The City of Acrix itself they had both a guide and welcomed cooperation there was still to many things in the dark for Alaude's comfort. From the City already being infiltrated to a possible mole lurking in the shadows of the higher ups of Acrix many possibility like this put Alaude on a more alert mentality.

So it was only natural that Alaude wished to have a more "personal" base of operations for himself and his team as a failsafe. However, despite these concerns Alaude would easily hide these thoughts and feelings from his team for now. This was simply because Alaude did not need nor want everyone in the group overthinking these kinda things especially if trust and cooperation was going to be one of the main building blocks for the relationship between the Chaos and Acrix.

Return to “Acrix Solara”