An Open Invitation

Test your mettle in friendly competition.
Zeik
King of Chaos

An Open Invitation

Post by Zeik »

Both of Vescrutia Suns loomed ominously over the bright white sands of The Acrix desert. The winds werent just hot, they were electrically charged. It was no mirage, no trick of the eye if you saw flashes of electricity among the swirling white sands, to light to resits the winds forceful tug.
He loved it. He’d wander this desert for days, especially when he needed a chance to detach from his many responsibilities.

“I’m in luck. There’s a sandstorm brewing, roughly an hour away. It’ll hit me in less than an hour.”

He said calmly as he began to stretch ;starting with his arms and paying special attention to his legs.

“A spike...in naten? Out here?”

He said calmly as he continued his stretching routine.
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Tymon
Drifter

Re: An Open Invitation

Post by Tymon »

The sandstorm that was within viewing distance was abnormal in more ways than just the naten spike. In fact, the midst of the sandstorm seemed more congested that the other portions, and moving as if it were controlled, and not wild and windy. Yes, the sand, itself, was being dragged along by this source of naten, and at a much swifter rate than originally anticipated.

The sandstorm's upper layer seemed to transmogrify itself into variable shapes and forms before suddenly settling as what one would deem a large face, sunken, sandy eyes peering out over the land. The face made an expression like that of surprise when it noticed Zeik and immediately reverted into a normal storm again. Now the sandstorm took its wild and crazy nature of whipping all about, but as it got nearer, it could be told that it was in a controlled fashion. The naten levels within the sandstorm were a testament to each and every activity that went on with it, the naten clearly having been synchronized with the sandstorm right in the middle. It looked beautiful; an array of different colors symbolizing different energies swirling and dancing about the sunlit sky as if in complete harmony with the sands and winds of the storm. Wherever this naten went, so too would the sand and wind; whatever shape the naten took, the sandstorm would emulate.

The sandstorm encroached, -- again, more swiftly than anticipated -- revealing in the distance a person to whom the naten belonged closing in fast. The sand rushed behind him in a wave now, rolling across the desert as if the dust of his feet. His black jacket fluttered briskly in the wind as he hovered at a high speed in an upright position toward the area. It was clear that all of the phenomena going on with the sandstorm were produced by him, and the waves of energy flowing through the sandstorm were emanating from his body -- completely linked to it.

As he neared, his appearance became more clear; a young man in a standard black shirt with some black sweatpants-looking pants on, black boots and jacket completing the black outfit. The only thing that really stood out about his appearance was his flowing jacket, of which the sandstorm tailed to the point where they seemed blended together. The roaring sandstorm rippled from the center outward as this new-but-old face hovered at a high speed nearer and nearer, closing in the hour gap in a matter of minutes. Closer inspection revealed his hand up to his chin, as if he were thinking about something, and the other resting lightly under it, as if for support. The man's face seemed puzzled, but pleasant; something that radiated serenity whilst simultaneously emanating calculating concentration. His face shifted between colors and forms as it was closer to see, but when it could be seen completely, it was stable and solid in coloration.

The man's expression made it seem like he knew who the person of interest was, and his outcry of the name "ZEIK!" would only attest to that. Sure, he looked somewhat different than the old days, -- perhaps a tad more distinguished -- but he was still looking to be the same old brother that this man once knew long ago. At the very least, his naten made it look as such, since that was more of an indication than anything. "IT'S KHRONA!!" the man cried out as he came ever closer, his tired eyes and seemingly white, shimmering hair telling the story of the long lost 'Khrona Tensei'. The one known as 'Khrona' halted just a little bit of a ways away from him, the raging sandstorm-wave behind him rushing over the area like a sand tsunami before parting at a clearing where the two met, leaving utter peaceful clarity between them, but violent, raging sands all around the field -- so thick and intense, they blocked out the sun. "Do You Know Who I Am?" was all that this 'Khrona' could ask, wondering if this dimension bore any memories of the history of olde.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

His senses were correct, rarely would they mislead him;but, even he was beginning to question himself. His eyes darted across the vast plains, searching for an indication of what was approaching him;but, he couldn’t help but feel like he already knew.

Out the corner of his eye he caught the sands...dancing, forming all manners of geometric design-shapes he’d never seen before.

“Impossible...That magic hasn’t been seen on Vescrutia in ages.”

He muttered under his breath, his brow curling in disbeliefs. Without a moments hesitation, he tore his shirtsleeve from his top and quickly fashioned himself a blindfold to protect from the raging sand storm.

A strong gust wind and energy crashed into him, rustling his footing among the shift sands of the Acrix. He had his suspicions about the familiarity of the energy he sense, by that man was long...gone.

“There, the Naten is coming from over there.”

He exclaimed while turning to meet the direction of the approaching man, seconds before another wave of energy swept past Zeiks body-this time safely crashing into his signiture firey Aura.

“That...energy? A horsemen’s scheme? No... that’s impossible, Khrona?”

He asked softly as he peeked from behind his blindfold for a moment to marvel of the desert phenomenon created by the Khrona’s naten. He waged the sands were more a reflection of Khrona’s excitement;but, they were blocking most of the light-save, for the illumination of his Aura.
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Tymon
Drifter

Post by Tymon »

The man long since departed of this world and locked away in his own dimension finally emerged as the tempered being that Zeik was seeing now; completely of crystal, at one with his world. "It Has Been A Long Time... Brother." He wondered if he could still call Zeik such. Maybe his allowance of being on this planet is what made it feasible. "... I've... If You Remember... I Was Mastering The Thirteen Restrictions I Created For Myself And All My Power, And After Having Mastered It In The Veritas, -- The Place I Showed You Long Ago -- I Have Achieved My Highest Self And Ultimate Peace." He smiled softly, lowering his head. "... Just As Planned..."

He chuckled. "Hmhmhm..." The signature chuckle of the one Khrona Tensei, revealing so many things, yet hiding much more in that calculating brain of his. Hair now standing on end from the naten in the area, each one wriggling like a worm very slowly in the center of the storm, Khrona's body pulsated with a series of colors up and down the spectra just as the fiery aura of Zeik flared up... Something like old times. "... I'm Glad That... I Got To See You First," his voice echoed, "I Don't Want To Beat Around The Bush." Khrona's upright position had not changed, nor did his pensive look. In fact, they seemed to be all invested in one another -- each action and mannerism that he made being one that foretold his interest in the matter. Hand on his chin as if still in thought, Khrona said, "I Hope You Can Forgive Me For All That Has Happened... There Are So Many Things That I Want To Show You... And Make As Right As I Can." But, the man knew all too well of how to settle things on this planet, if it still had any of its same implications as before.

Khrona immediately powered up, the sands around him seeming to blend and bend with his energetic forces all around. Prepared for a skirmish, Khrona waited for Zeik's response to decide how they'd press forward.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

He was in disbelief. Neither Khrona nor the other Kage’s of the Great Villages have been seen for centuries. Lost during the insanity of the Horsemen's untimely revival, the same event that leveled the Great City of Kemet...had claimed countless other lives.

While drifting through his thoughts on whether to trust his senses of his ego, a certain statement made by khrona peeked his interest.

“Reached your highest self?”

He said quizzically, raising his brow along side his curiosity.

“Now, how can you be sure of that? When you haven’t seen me, in ages.”

He shouted, pushing the sands away from his feet with a flick of his right hand, leaving him floating over an gradually grow pit and still surrounded by high sand ceilings. It was always like this on Vescrutia, friends and enemies alike.Their passion was always best expressed in battle.

“Well, what are you waiting for?! You already KNOW what I’m thinking!”

He shouted while reaching his hand into his flaming Aura and pulling out a small ember that he kept in his hand.

“Khrona! You knew before you even came to this desert here what my ANSWER would be!

He said with a warm smirk from behind his blindfold, while adjusting his stance.

“Don’t you, Tensei!”

Tymon
Drifter

Post by Tymon »

At first, Khrona was silent, head dropped down and brow covering his face with its shade. Then, there was a a smirk on his face, followed by a light giggle. "Hmhmhm..." Then, a laugh. "Hahaha..." Which would eventually become a loud, insane, hearty cackle. "AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA~!!!" Finally, Khrona spoke; "When You've Lived In Your Own Dimension For God Knows How Long By Yourself, You Find Out A Lot About Yourself With That Time To Reflect." Khrona snickered, loftily raising his hand up into the air, "Before I Left, I Had Already Known About It, But Was Never Able To Achieve It. The Thirteen Restrictions... I'll Show You What It Means To Have Reached The Pinnacle." A miniature Blue Moon manifested in Khrona's uplifted hand, then rolled out of his palm and into orbit around his head. Moments later, his head dropped back down, eyes closed, mouth barely open. His arms shifted to an X shape across his chest as his body became swaddled in sand, which immediately crystallized into a cocoon of sorts with only Khrona's head and Moon freed from the wrappings. 'I'll Show You How Far I've Come Myself!' Khrona would say psychically toward Zeik.

Just then, the sands around the two of them shifted, halting suddenly where Khrona floated. His breathing was faint and his head was hung as if he were sleeping -- he WAS sleeping, in fact, and his psychic powers were what kept his body in motion and his mind completely conscious though he was physically unconscious. He was conserving his power. 'Behold,' The Great Mind spake out, rupturing the sands with the psionic force, 'The Power Of The First Restriction!'

Suddenly, Khrona took a deep, powerful breath, and a great deal of sand congregated at the back of his throat through his nose, the naten being shifted from its grainy state to a crystalline purity, which could only be visibly seen with a yawn given by Khrona. That fluctuating crystal energy gargling in the back of his throat grew in size and power, rolling something like a dragon's flames in the depths of its throat before it was about to breathe fire. Simultaneously, the Blue Moon that orbited his head suddenly flew over to Zeik's area, erratically zipping around as if trying to confuse him... Or perhaps, set itself up in the best position to strike him. Whatever this miniature satellite was doing, it was all to the benefit of Khrona, whose crystal energy continued to grow in concentration and power until it reached the tip of his tongue and the edges of his lips...

Return to “Sparring Grounds”