Flashback :: High Priority Target

The Center Of Emergency Responders headed by Michio Kham, this is where he trains those in in the use of Naten and how to properly protect the planet.
Michio Tribe
Drifter

Re: Flashback :: High Priority Target

Post by Michio Tribe » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:06 pm

Among the visuals appeared a web, linking The Ferrymen, SILK, The Gallant and other organizations to a network of events, people, factions and substances across the planet. Miguel was by no means the head of the snake, so cutting it wouldn't do them that much good. But using his influence with the Ferrymen to possibly divulge the name of other known targets would be ideal. As much as The Destroyer wanted to destroy him, use his knowledge and destroy the others in a systematic and deadly fashion. This was a hostage situation. Who knows what killing SILK would do to the experiments? The Women?

"There are far too many unknowns to assassinate a target with this much influence and potential.... AGH!"

Kham recoiled in a spurt of pain. And the view of Miguel and the Women devolved into static and vanished. The sensation akin to someone's eyes being torn from their skull, when he had his awareness locked onto a certain point, it took great concentration. Kham recoiled angrily at the loss of sight. His view was interrupted, but he would have to explain this eventually.

"SILK is an incredibly talented Vorpal, a being gifted with space-time manipulation. Horrendously powerful Vescrutians. He systematically moves his lab and his experiments every 72 seconds. But luckily for us, we know that Naten, in it's raw from cannot be trafficked nor harnessed through space and time, or at such a long distance without it destabilizing. So the movements of his base must be centered around the known Oasis. Intel has gathered that SILK expects a shipment of women tomorrow afternoon. You will have 72 seconds to infiltrate. The Ferrymen would suspect something if the lab lingers in one place too long, or too short and the op would be compromised thereafter. You must make your way inside, extract the hostages, destabilize the experiments, and bring SILK to me. Any other complaints before we move on?"

This is a pen-name account which writes from the narrative perspective of:
Michio Kham, T'ajsa Michio, Gaia- The Divine Anima, The Devout (and its members)
Michio Tribe Lore

Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Atra Luminoso
Drifter

Post by Atra Luminoso » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:33 pm

Atra took a breath, then stopped. Then took a cautious breath again. Considering their vast power and resources, why couldn't they just get sweaty, and fight a war real quick and call it a day? Why waste time doing this reconnaissance? Why are we being so delicate?

"I agree with Savaj here, and I'm speaking frankly. If we hit them fast enough they wont have a chance to recover. I feel like you're being too cautious, or you know who's behind all this and are afraid you'll force their hand."
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Cross
Drifter

Post by Cross » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:47 pm

There was only a handful of people who could call Kham a coward. His family- Ken, TJ, Kayla, Zeik ZK... and that guy with the horns. Cross just sat back and wanted to results. Kham lived a long life, and fostered some serious vendettas across it. If someone was trying to systematically destabilize all he created? Why not just crush them? Yes, they were spread terribly thin, and maybe Cross believed way too much in these people here but... what did they have to lose by making a statement against a joint uprising of the criminal underworld?

Savaj Vanguard
Drifter

Post by Savaj Vanguard » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:37 pm

“..or you ain’t tellin’ us everything..”

-She added, quirking her brow in creeping suspicion as Kham reeled in pain from an unknown assailiant and their surveillance went dark. It was brief, but for a moment Kham’s ever present telepathic barricades weigned in resilience. She could sense it, like a wolf smelling fear for the first time, she knew his mind was at least slightly vulnerable.

Would he know if she peeked? If she deposited all of her strength into a quick psionic sweep? She considered the caliber of her powers and mentally similated at least fifty million possibilities, it was the definitely worth the risk.. but..-

“What gives?”

Michio Tribe
Drifter

Post by Michio Tribe » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:56 pm

Kham let the criticisms of his chosen fall upon his ears, he rubbed his head in agony as he reclaimed his seat. They were all correct, even the silent Cross who was always looking for a reason call someone out. But despite having theories, about their powerful foe, Kham couldn't help but feel like he was being provoked.

"I feel like every action I take emboldens the enemy. That whoever is behind them wants me to leave my chair and strike with all my might. And that thought is terrifying. My actions now are not my own, I represent the safety of people, masses, family and friends. Caution just feels like the right move here. Please trust me."
Michio Kham, T'ajsa Michio, Gaia- The Divine Anima, The Devout (and its members)
Michio Tribe Lore

Atra Luminoso
Drifter

Post by Atra Luminoso » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:14 pm

Atra sat back in his chair and clasped his hands. The situation was complicated, he got that, and if this is what Kham felt the best move was, then sobeit. He had never steered them wrong before.

Cross
Drifter

Post by Cross » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:16 pm

"Aight."

Cross resolved to say. Maybe it was the hubris, the chip on their shoulder or the confidence she had in her leader, but if it was trust he wanted, then trust he would get.

Savaj Vanguard
Drifter

Post by Savaj Vanguard » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:23 pm

Tch..

-Savaj smacked her lips and pouted under her breath. She could read a room.. and Kham’s heart felt resolve seemed to dispurse what little rebellious spirit his friends had left. She reigned to the fact and shoved her hands back in her pockets, telekinetically fixing her chair so she could childishly plop back into it.-

“..is there a plan? Or can we just go?”

Michio Tribe
Drifter

Post by Michio Tribe » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:37 pm

Kham too could feel the morale in the room drop. Not the best motivating speech, but he was a man of action, in time, they would come to understand the duty of living for another, and not yourself. His departure from Neovia, put Neovia at risk. And he couldn't help but think that someone wanted him to leave the village and join the front. The call of battle was addicting, it pained him to sit upon the sidelines and place his will in hands less capable. But he sighed, and continued.

"This would be the first time you and Cross will be in the field with each other, I would like you to spar while I scour the planet for the Ferrymen. First one to three touches, nothing serious. Just get a feel for each others choices, warm up. When I have them, you will intercept them, infiltrate Miguels lab and proceed from there. Atra you have to get ready for your event. And do not send Des'Noir in your stead. Dismissed."

He then rotated his chair to the hexagonal panels on the walls, with a deep breath he let his mind relax. Emptied it completely, and felt the eyes and ears of Gaia.
Michio Tribe Lore

Atra Luminoso
Drifter

Post by Atra Luminoso » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:47 pm

With a scoff, Atra rose form his chair and headed over toward Savaj and Cross, he wrapped his arms around their shoulders and sun his head between theres. He was royally pissed he didn't get to have any fun. Maybe he could throw a couple blows... If the ladies agree of course. With an ever suggestive tone he offered his unique services. He'd seen Kham train Savaj sure, but he had NEVER seen Cross fight. It would be a wonderful opportunity.

"The party doesn't start until the Solstice, so how about you two versus me?"

Return to “C.O.E.R”