An End to a Means

Evil has hidden themselves beyond a newely impenetrable hurricane hoarding adventure from those who seek it. Do you dare to dive into the eye of the storm?
Fate I
Drifter

Re: An End to a Means

Post by Fate I »

His head rolled from his shoulders, allowing him to catch a glimpse of its previous resting place as it twirled in the air.

"...I freed you from the chains of hell and you're pissed?"

His head landed on the ground near the still frozen Bzin, who fainted upon see the severed head speak.

"Listen, I hate this swamp too;but, you're known for bloodletting and massacres. You couldn't be trusted not to act on your urges."

-The head on the ground rapidly decomposed, causing the tone of his voice to shift until he went silent. Soon another head started to sprout from his shoulders.-

"If I had broken the sigil anywhere but this swamp, then all of vescrutia would know of your return as you razed the nearest countries."

-His head grew to regular size, keeping ever pimple, mole and blemish from his previous one. When the Bzin came too, she quietly made her exit.-

"You're been away for a long time,Gongorei. Alot has changed in that time, people have changed. You keep acting on your impulse for murder without the voice of the people behind you...and you'll be back in the nether before the nights over.

People aren't as easily controlled by the threat of force when they fear they have nothing to lose and with the horsemen's return, they seek a champion, not a tyrant.

All over vescrutia, millennium old regimes are being toppled-the dawn of a new era is upon us."

Sophia Van Gongorei
Drifter

Post by Sophia Van Gongorei »

"...I freed you from the chains of hell and you're pissed?"
As she began her strut away from the corpse of her making her anger slowly began to die down. That was until she heard the gurgling speech of the severed head. She sighed a heavy one before looking over her shoulder back to the headless one. Her amber eyes raised very slightly."High speed regeneration?" She thought to herself as she willed her frame to about face. She watched the head slip into nothingness still with it's ramblings no less.
"Listen, I hate this swamp too; but, you're known for bloodletting and massacres. You couldn't be trusted not to act on your urges."
Hmp...trusted? What did she need with such a flimsy whimsical concept? All that mattered in the grander schemes of things was power. Those without it were fated to be second to those with it. Trust opened the door for betrayals, failures. Both of which she refused to doom herself to again."If I had broken the sigil anywhere but this swamp, then all of Vescrutia would know of your return as you razed the nearest countries."
She placed her hand under her chin, her eyes rolled back to her head slowly. It was a damnable thing; her memories being so foggy. She could scarcely recall who or what she was before her imprisonment in the nether. Before she became a host to something else that was trapped their. "Hmp...I suppose I did.... The wispy energy from the summons was still solidifying itself around her. It formed it's residual presence into a long flowing sheer like cape that trailed behind her. Sophia felt the energy of the Bezin woman leave. "You've been away for a long time, Gongorei. A lot has changed in that time, people have changed. You keep acting on your impulse for murder without the voice of the people behind you...and you'll be back in the nether before the nights over.
His word were like the beating of mosquito wings, tiny, acute irritating as fuck. However the void mother would be a fool to deny the facts before her. Even just breathing Vescrutian air again after so long was enough to make her vomit. Her body was much weaker her as was her magic. She had no azucars here, her magic was strained his living was a testimate to how fragile she had become. That is to say nothing of her abyssal lack of how this present day world moved. Perhaps this...bauble would prove to have use. It was true...she had more than enough trouble keeping her impulses under wraps...this place...it stirred much in her cold almost unbeating heart.
"You're been away for a long time, Gongorei. A lot has changed in that time, people have changed. You keep acting on your impulse for murder without the voice of the people behind you...and you'll be back in the nether before the nights over.

People aren't as easily controlled by the threat of force when they fear they have nothing to lose and with the horsemen's return, they seek a champion, not a tyrant.

All over Vescrutia, millennium old regimes are being toppled-the dawn of a new era is upon us."
"Fine fine please, enough with you prattling" Gods it had been ages since she had to suffer the scrambled jargon of mortal men. It was enough to have her crawling up a wall firing beams of death from the ceiling just to escape the clawing sounds the Vescrutian tongue required. Words meant nothing in the there world. Kill or be killed. She folded her arms boldly over her minutely exposed bosom. The shade of her essence whispered onto the wind the foreboding that her coming promised. How many? How many of these, regimes had fallen, withered into dust. What of her own structures? Had this world truly forget the RESPECT the name Gongorei once inspired? This posed another question for her...how long has it been? Her right hand held onto the bridge of her nose as she prepped herself to indulge this cretin in...conversation...blech. "And yet...you knew enough about mines to summon me?" To. A. Fucking. Swamp. That was still pissing her off, but he was smart and thought of the discretion needed. "Tell me, the Year...what is it?".
" I should really clean my closet, the skeletons are starting to clutter..."

Fate I
Drifter

Post by Fate I »

"I know only of your legends. They're among the stories passed around the fires of my village to scare our youth and humble our warriors. I wouldn't risk attracting the attention of the wardens of the Nether to bring you back to Vescrutia off a whim-I know what you are."

He said with a devilishly smile. His eyes bouncing around in his head as he boldly gawked at the pristine figure of the woman before him.

"It won't take the wardens very long to realize you're gone. they'll search the sum of existence to find you and put you back- so recovering your strength and our numbers is vital."

His raspy voice was difficult to listen too and his pungent odor was even more unbearable in the wet, murky swamp of the Iotaa Islet- something he was all but nose blind too. He adjusted his neck, fixing the outstanding crook that his head regrown into and resumed speaking.

"I know the sight of me and this island aren't your ideal conditions;but, all of these islets are protected by a near impenetrable magnetic field and are connected to one another by some weird ass tree."

He pointed to the sky, revealing a large canopy that rested over the clouds and the thick stalk that supported it.

"That fucking thing. Never seen nothin' like it on vescrutia;but, it's sustaining these island and even hoisting the one were standing on in the air. A weird fucking tree, that's for sure. But I digress. Most of the human life is located on one island, much lower to the ocean."

He rambled on and on as he scratched at the spores that built up on his armor. Taking sneaky glances at Sophia's desirable figure. He took careful note to avoid being caught, but often did his gaze linger too long.

His words fell from his mouth without pause and his thoughts drifted into a bliss, he couldn't help but be overwhelmed with joy at the idea of getting his revenge against the man who changed his world and with the power of a....

"What year is it? Well...You'd need to be an astronomer to really say precisely;but, it's the Third Astral Year."

Sophia Van Gongorei
Drifter

Post by Sophia Van Gongorei »

quote]"I know only of your legends. They're among the stories passed around the fires of my village to scare our youth and humble our warriors. I wouldn't risk attracting the attention of the wardens of the Nether to bring you back to Vescrutia off a whim-I know what you are."
[/quote]

More so than she did apparently. So many things were still ambiguous and foggy for the Ebon Empress. The very cadence of his words scratched against the surface of her ear drums. Out of all the possible plebeian that ran through Vescrutia, why was he the only to find the jewel? She had set up this fail safe when...when.I..I cannot seem to recall...why did I create such a method? I can't even remember for which reason I was imprisoned.... She had lived with the gurgling, suppurating hatred for so long she had lost reason behind why she was placed their to begin with. Her hand raised to cover her face. In her hasten arrival and furious hunger she consumed those Bezin souls…the poor grade of their ilk was giving her the flux....she was exhausted. Come to think of it her "other half" had been docile since arriving here, she would not question it. The longer that "thing" slept the more she could accomplish with her mind clear. Good thing he could thing she found a talking punching bag. Especially since her power grew....with each Kill.
He said with a devilishly smile. His eyes bouncing around in his head as he boldly gawked at the pristine figure of the woman before him.

"It won't take the wardens very long to realize you're gone. they'll search the sum of existence to find you and put you back- so recovering your strength and our numbers is vital."
Wither her hand pressed against her face she did not see his bold glances. "Indeed..." her mind was able to drift back to them...The Wardens. Horrid creatures , the kinds of being who cannot be swayed by the Nether's powerful pull. They are Aetherborne, beings who cannot be moved by malice and can create bounded fields that block their targets ties to naten. It was difficult enough dealing with them on the inside, she shuddered to think the frustration of invoking their ire while she was still so vulnerable. Much to her dismay, the beast spoke truth. To stand a chance against them her former glory was to be returned. In order to fulfill this purpose...she would require power that trumped even once she once held....as for numbers. That would be the least of their worries. The cracking of his bone sent a slight chill up her spine. Did he go out of his way to be so utterly repulsive? The bone crack caused her eyes to open just as he realigned his head. He pointed to the massive tree and her eyes instantly began to glow bright amber. She could see it, the massive amount of naten flowing flowing to and from it. It was saturating and regulating this place. She had no memory of such a pant being here, Vescrutia had many sacred spots, but this tree seemed to be recent..."My My..." her naten began to arise. Wispy clogs of black and green energy swayed
d around her like a passive gale her eyes fixated on the tree. The taking of his life, the lives of the Bezin, each act furthered the expanding of her naten pool.
"That fucking thing. Never seen nothin' like it on Vescrutia; but, it's sustaining these island and even hoisting the one were standing on in the air. A weird fucking tree, that's for sure. But I digress. Most of the human life is located on one island, much lower to the ocean."
Such a bold ballad of life was being sung by the flow of life through this tree. Everything in her was prepared to reap it for her own. However, she then heard him name that they were in the third astral year …that could not possibly be so. Her eyes shot back down to him. Her face boiling with intrigue. The term "Astral Year" she was sure that was to mean something to her. Catching his glare this time she would "poof" into a plume of smoke reaping his head behind him her left arm extended radiating the same energy that cut him down before. By the time his mind and eyes could acknowledge what had been done Sophia about faced sending her leg under his sweeping him to the ground where his back would feel the stabbing pressuring thumb of her heel straining against it. She would exhale a cool leveled breathe. The wispy energy thickening around her breathily as his "end" sent through her slowly revitalizing her. You maybe be aware of what I am...cur..." She spoke with a soft but firmly point tone that fall on him from the above him. As to WHOM I am you better begin taking notes...less you find you head falling from your body more often than naught..." She pressed her heel deeper not caring if he could feel the force or not, she was aware now he could still here her words despite his head plopping on the ground. The way he navigated around her was like a excited puppy brewed in lust. He would know his place, should he seek his ambitions to brought to life. "Whatever children's tales they have told you in whatever backwater cesspit you crawled form is of no consequences to me. I am worse...much... much worse than any story before the second age itself could dictate" By this point his head might have begun to regenerate. She glared as whenever his eyes might form."The sigil prevents me form being able to kill you as I am now...we are in someway, much to perpetually misfortunate fate, linked...but I assure you my pustular advisor"

The magical essence of her clothing began to thicken...the Ars'Ratheus armor...it was slowly beginning to manifest again. Destiny incarnate had awakened before him. Several hand like creations of smoke and magic began to manifest there were 5 or 6.There many, many fates worse then Death. The Sir name Gongorei fall from your tongue without the honoree moniker of " Lady "Or "Madame" She said as she released him and the hands faded in to nothing.Seeing as how you are immortal for the moment you shall serve a dual purpose, I am well aware of this "Grey" who stokes the fires of you vengeance. Serve me well, you'll live long enough to see it fulfilled. You will be my eyes and ears, and should you chose to defy or disappoint me. You will die a more excruciating death than the last. With that last statement the Black and fuchsia armor of hers" began to manifest. She was clad in scales who's pattern was almost hypnotic. A good sign, the only time it was not on her person was when she did not have the magical force to to pay it's cumulative price... Her cloak manifested on her person once more as she turned facing the tree once more. If she was going to pull this off. She needed time to brood and rest...if she was going to pull this off. She was going to need acess....to any and everything this world had to Offer. " First, I need to establish a base...a citadel even. From there I will need acolytes. I cannot be the one to deliver death across this plane...not in the ways I yearn for. I need hands...many many hands..."

Tell me...where exactly is this place where the humans have gathered?

For the first time since her arrival she smiled, largely accompanied by a slight chuckle that quickly became a loud egregious cacophony of laughter. Let the games begin....
" I should really clean my closet, the skeletons are starting to clutter..."

Return to “Islands of Rudral”