An End to a Means

Evil has hidden themselves beyond a newely impenetrable hurricane hoarding adventure from those who seek it. Do you dare to dive into the eye of the storm?
Fate I
Drifter

An End to a Means

Post by Fate I »

-His heavy armor sank into the murky soil of the island, leaving behind a wide print in the mud that was quickly filled by the surrounding sludge. His armor gave off very little reflection under the rare moonlit skies, leaving much of his presence a shadow-only to be preceded by his fowl stench and the loud rattling of his armor. -

"I hate this fucking island. Only island on vescrutia to double as a damn swamp and this...over grown fungus ain't making things any better."

-He shouted, ignorant of the sea of red gleaming eyes peering from atop of the stalks. His eyes were bewitched and his arms clutched his prize, a necklace with an ethereal-iridescent shimmer.-

"Each of these jewels are worth a fortune. But that sigil inside that Azarite...well thats what makes this little beauty priceless."

He muttered to the ornament while kissing the jewel against his forehead.

"...with this I won't have a need for talking with that BITCH usurper."

-His face was twisted and angry and began fuming incoherent obscenities-at least that's how the figure panting feverishly in the distance saw it.-

"Hold YOUR fucking horses, can't you see im coming!"

He shouted at the panting voice in the distance.

Fate I
Drifter

Re: And Ends to a Means

Post by Fate I »

"Stop your squirming."

He shouted, kneeling down to meet his captive eye to eye.

"I just wanna talk."

He said while removing his helmet, revealing his worn face, crated with unsightly sores.

"So pipe down."

He said with the sting of intimidation, raising his finger towards the green slime that bound her hands and feet.

"Incredible little shit isnt it. That slime is one of a kind. Found it on this cursed fucking island. Hardens quickly when you apply force or friction. Hell you could glue an elephant to a flag pole with this shit"

"Anyways, I'll stop holding your balls and get right to it....when we got to this island, we didn't expect to find any sentient life. Me and my little gang were supposed to weather out the apocalypse here. "

He said while sucking on his teeth and staring into the ornament he' d pilfered before suddenly springing to his feet, startling his captive. He began to paced about before settling near a mushroom roughly four ft tall.

"But....here you are. Skin darker than obsidian and eyes as bright as the sky. Not the most uncommon sight under the twin Suns;but, something about you just...kept gnawing at my brain though. ya know. I just kept asking myself, who the fuck are these people? Then...it hit me."

With his free hand he etched markings into the soft tissue of the mushroom and left the jewels of the ornament at the center of his craft.

"You're all Akuma. The people who fled the mad king Otum. How you cowards managed to pierce the veil is beyond my imagination, but here you are. I'll spare you the details of how I came upon this information. "

For the first time in over a while he lifted his attention from the jewels and gazed over at his captive.

"Release her. I want to hear what she has to say."

He said with a snap, releasing the slime from his captives mouth, she gasped, taking a big waft of air.

Fate I
Drifter

Re: An End to a Means

Post by Fate I »

The slime on her mouth slowly dissolved into a fluid and fell to the ground. It began a sluggish return to the man clad in dark armor, slithering atop of the black sludge that covered the ground.

She struggled a bit more to free herself, but the green slime held fast, she'd been tussling with it's trickery for hours- she was exhausted.

Captive: My people were fools to trust you.

She shouted with all her might after she caught her breath.

Man:Don't be so loud, you're right. *Chuckled* No one worth note is out here, but still...i wouldn't choose sudden loud noises. I just want to talk, on my terms of course;but, help me….I help you?

Her eyes narrowed to a grimmance.

Captive:Why am I still alive?

Man:I told you. I need your help.

She was silent, but didn't take her eyes off him.

Man:Show me your Berserka and prove to the world you're one of vescrutia's many lost children.

Captive:….that's what you brought me out here for?! We aren't Akuma, I don't know anything about a mad-.

Man: naturally you'd play coy, I've presented you no physical proof...however, time isnt on your side. You will use your beserka...and you'd better hurry. You've been breathing in rattletail spores all night, but even more so since we've been talking.

She looked up and rolled her eyes in disbelief, he was right.

Captive: You betrayed my people and abducted me to see my Berserka? You're sick! Just like the rest of your kind!

Man:Pacifist till the end. I don't know much, but what I do know...I'm sure of. You're Anthem has allowed your people great adaptations to your environment, rapid and responsive evolution. However it takes a fair amount of time and knowledge to make genetic changes to yourselves, probably....weeks in the case of foreign compound, like the spores of an island your people forbid you to venture?

-The markings he'd carved into the mushroom stalk began to pulse, releasing an omnious aura with ever palpitation. -

Man: so what's it gonna be, Alice Akuma?! That is your name right?

Alice?:.....

Man: Speechless? Gonna just take your secrets to the grave. He said softly, pointing to the bones beneath her feet poking up from the sludge.

The man began to chuckle obnoxiously.

Man:You wouldn't be the first to choose death, so what's your answer?

Fate I
Drifter

Post by Fate I »

Alice: You're a sick and a vile excuse of a man, Belif!

-The man smirked and muttered a chant under his breath.-

Alice:But you've made something perfectly clear to me.

-Belif was distracted as Alice carried on. There was enough distance between them that she couldn't hear his encantation if he whispered.-

Alice: You people only know violence and deceit .

Belif: You got me there princess.

-A smile cracked through her rage, rolling into a fit hysterical laughter. Here she was pleading with a man with goo hanging from his nostrils. -

Alice: I may die and I'm spending my final breath trying to lecture a psychopath...fuck this.

-A sudden hiss filled the swamp as an arc of lightning raced from the sky. In a flash the towering stalk that Alice was bound to shattered into pieces , moments after a thunderous boom swept through the island, pushing the sludge into a tormultulos wave.-

Alice:To hell with tradition.

-She said in a triumphant roar as she ripped a necklace from her neck, casting it into the 'storm,' she just created.-

Belif:..fuck, Amala! Take what is given.

-The ornament belif had rested on the mushroom reacted to Alice's naten and began floating over the sigils he'd carved. Creating a barrier to protect him from the destructive forces Alice had released.-

Belif:...well call me a rodents ass! You're actually gonna fight back?! Bloating corpse doesn't fit your fancy? No matter, I know you don't have a counter measure to the rattletail spores in your blood stream.

-He said as he pulled his mask down to hack up a glob of greenish spit.-

Fate I
Drifter

Post by Fate I »

Belif:What pushed you over the edge? Was it the bones of the fledgling? I thought for sure that would push anyone with a heart over the edge, but...you ppl arent so easy moved from your convictions.

He ended his taunt with an obnoxiously loud cackle. Slapping the hard coat of his armor as he raged on.

Belif:You must be the black sheep of th-

His eyes dilated within an instant as his mind perceived his danger, but at such blinding speeds, he could only watch. Within a flash Alice's fist had slammed into his barrier and choked him with fear. He glanced down at the jewel and observed the pulsing red hue around the ornament anxiously.

Belif: Alicesssssssss, *nervous chuckle.*

Alice:Save it, scum!

She cocked her fist back and a flash filled the sky that was bright enough to illuminate the moonlit island. The gleaming red eyes, hiding in the stalks, winced in pain at the sudden lumination and yelped in fear at the boom that followed.

Lightning stretched across the sky, taking the shape of a furious face;before descending from the sky, striking the barrier at the same time as Alice's fist.

Fate I
Drifter

Post by Fate I »

Belif, now whimpering and stumbling in his words, couldn't tear his eyes from the rage he saw in Alice. The fractures in the barrier resembled that of shattered glass, casting her menace across every segment of its surface.

Alice:People's lives aren't toys, belif. I'm going to erase you and every damned soul who shares your madness.

Belif pulled his mask down and began foaming a thick, greenish, fluid from his mouth.

Alice: Goodb-

She staggered. Almost falling to a knee as the growing effects of the spores she'd inhaled were spreading. Belif noticed this moment in weakness and cut a wide smile, revealing his rotten and discolored teeth.

Alice:...filth.

Her eyes were filled with disgust, she couldn't see a shred of humanity and shuddered to refer to him as human. The more she stared at the fractured barrier and the sick beast before her, the more she could feel herself changing. She wanted...to sin.

Alice: to hell with tradition. I'm ending this. RaiGun

The sky lit up with the same bright blue flash from before, in a moment near the speed of ligth. Beliefs barrier would shatter under the immense power of the volt that lit up the sky. Belif, now covered in his own filth, was struck with lightning and sent flying through the island. A sign the stalking Bzin took as their que to engage in the hunt.

They leapt from their high perch, avoiding Alice entirely and giving chase to the weakened prey they assumed was lying in the ruble. It was in their nature to behave this way. Bzin were scavengers and opportunistic hunters, preying on wounded and dying animals-despite being large beast capable of hunting on their own.

Alice, floating above the sludge near the mushroom that belif had been writing on, didn't recognize the spell craft he'd carved into the mushroom; but, the jewel he was obsessed with, now pulsing with energy, had the sigil of the conqueror on it.

Alice..no

She said with a tone of defeat. Her eyes tilted over to the raging bezin, then back to the sigil. She wanted to confirm he was dead but it wouldn't matter if he had actually summoned a conqueror. With her remaining strength she used a spell to leave the island, launching herself away from the area, towards the nearest exit of the veil. It was a fools attempt, but it was only means of survival. The spores in her body would soon render her unconscious and belif had awakened something terrible.

Fate I
Drifter

Post by Fate I »

The bezin ravaged belifs body, the force off all 7 beast, slammed their elongated, powerful arms into him- aiming to break his bones and prevent him from fleeing.

However, despite their vicious onslaught, they could feel they weren't making the impact they wanted. Gradually they stopped attacking and waiting for their leader, to step forward.

She was much taller than the other members of her pact and covered in scars. She stepped towards the unconscious man and sniffed the mucus he was covered in. Through a series of snarls she communicated to her pact that the rest of the hunters didn't agree with. They began raging, even getting so riled that two of the Bzin stepped to their leader.

An action that immediately lead to their deaths. Without any warning, nor change in facial expression, she cleaved theirs heads from their shoulders with nothing but a single swing of her forearm.

A glance into the crowd quelled any further outrage among the pact. She pointed to belif, still unconscious on the ground , and shook her head disapprovingly before pointing towards the forest.

Belif: Hold your sorry asses right there! I've been feeding you lazy ass beast for weeks and I get Sucker punched By a blue haired Bimbo AND you long armed bitches try to end me?!

Bzin leader: Bitch?

Belif:....did a fucking flea bag just speak to me?

The bezin leader slowly made her way over to belif in a single leap, leaning her snout down to his face?

Bzin leader:Bitch?!

She repeated this time with a gutteral rumble rolling in her throat?

Belif..I fucking hate this island.

He said before stepping on the Bzin knuckles, which resting in the ground. She shouted in fury and her pack rallied to her aid. Belif reached for the jewel , summoning it to his hand.

"Fuck all of you. I release the seal of the conqueror, break free from the chains of the Nether. ."

Sophia Van Gongorei
Drifter

Post by Sophia Van Gongorei »

"Fuck all of you. I release the seal of the conqueror, break free from the chains of the Nether. ."
It would feel as if his plea fell on deaf ears. As if his words had been swallowed by the furious storms turbulently crashing about. The nature of which seemed to thunder and boom with an incandescent thud. The waves bashed against the cove of the island, chipping away chunks of centuries-old decayed rock. It had been many eons since a spell-like this had been uttered. An ancient dialect of magic that was thought to have been long lost to a time before the notion of civilization was ever conceived. A time and place removed, of lawless chaotic nature bound to the underworld of the center known as Vescrutia. Mere moments after the incantation was spoken the jewel would ignite an insidious green before shooting a thin beam of energy strong enough to pierce through the thick clouds.

Those very clouds would begin to churn and whisk together rapidly creating a vortex that consumed the sky. As the energy continued to grow as did the vortex itself. It radiate now the same energy from the gem. The sigil in the gem would begin to "burn"hot, "melting" away the stone around it before evaporating into a wisp of energy that engraved itself on the ground. Upon doing so a giant symbol would manifest. It was oddly shaped and palpitating as if it had a heartbeat.

The holder of the gem, Belif, would be found standing in the middle of this space. The circle bound him in place preventing him from using naten. On the hand that once held the gem would be the mark of the sigil that once rested in the Azarite. The magic of the mark that bound him began to feed his life essence to the glyph beneath him. It grew incessant clamoring for more as each drip it consumed seemed to awaken the area beneath him.

Before he could meet an untimely end by being drained too much of his force(It consumed only half of his naten reserves)the seal would cease devouring him awaken revealing a massive piercing eye. From the center of that fiery eye a giant mass of pulsating crimson dark energy would erupt shapelessly, and with its coming came an insurmountable feeling of dread and ill omen. Whoever this Belif was, he had not a clue the forces he was calling forth. The energy would begin to discover form eventually giving sight to a door.

It was sealed with hundreds of charms and chimes carved in the splattered blood of a myriad of cultures and languages. Many have given the lives of their entire people to keep hidden forces that could destroy the world as they knew it. However this belief, he seemed to care for none of these rites, tradition, sacredness...they were all trivialities in the grand scheme of what truly matters to be the ruling force of the world...

Power

A thick light would cascade from the vortex in the sky. The energy that had been released in its initial awakening could now be used to complete the rite. To bring forth the conquer he so desperately sought. The energy bathed itself over the door pouring and infusing into it every drop of power it held. The manifest of its caster, the power of a prophecy ages in the making . Order to a chaotic world.

A thick silence would blanket the area. If they would speak nothing would be heard, not even the cacophony of the sky above them.

BOOM!

A blaring reverberance filled the area creating a mental echo as if pounding on the psychological walls of all sentient forms of life on the island.

THUD!!

Louder, Harder, faster they came. A horrific recital that shook the very earth beneath them rippled the swampy waves around them.

BAM!!!

The hundreds of chains that held tight the insidious door snapped and shattered whipping about tearing lashes into the earth scarring the mushrooms and cleaving any creature unlucky to impair their paths. The door itself began to creak open as the litany of foreign charms evaporated into the air as a piercing Fushia light escaped its confines. A pair of long thin black claws slowly slither through the painfully slow opening doorway. They grew in size as the second went by until becoming strong enough to thrust the doorway open ushering forth a blistering deluge of lavender light that saturated the swamps around them in its hue. As the blinding light faded a low guttural noise could be heard.

nnnoooottt.......ennnooouuggghhh....

The decibels of this tongue were abysmal reaching depths that further shattered the earth around them. The once vibrate light now gave way to a dismal black as the bearer of the voice made itself known.

A shadowy humanoid mass with no other distinguishing characteristics save for two fushia voided eyes. It stood more than 7ft tall and despite the massive amount of power used to bring it here, it felt as if it almost wasn't real. Like a phantom, it fizzled in and out of sight as if struggling to tame its form. Its eyes snapped over to Belif the mark on its hand forced it to squint in disdain. It quickly snapped back towards the beast.

They bore no such mark...

NOT.....E...NOUGH!!

In what could be confused for a second the dark specter lashed towards the pack of bezin. Its smokey almost amorphous body forming several hand-like coils, that with monstrous strength, aimed to force-feed itself into the mouths of the bezin save for their female leader. The Nether was not a cute pet name but a moniker for the domain of chaos where some of the foulest creatures are locked away from the universe. Beings who could shape the very nature around them on a terrible whim.

Belif had summoned such a being.

One capable of harnessing the pandamonious essence of that realm and give cause and purpose to it. Power, that was capable of twisting and warping the very nature of souls, reforming their cores to better suit its masters' needs. The creature would feel as if their inside were on fire as the force of her Orphic magic singed away any notion of self or concepts of independence. They were no longer what they once were. Filth...bottom feeders. They were now much more... sustenance for their mistress

Food for their Queen.

The forms would twist and contort before shaping themselves into mirrors of the beings' current image. Several orb-like cores would be seen however from the mouth of her newfound servants. The nebulous maw of the figure would open consuming the cores and causing its body to arch sharply. Building masses impacted its body as it began to shrink and solidify. As the wispy frame began to coalesce it gave shape to a feminine frame.

She had come

The Ebon Conquer. The Void Mother. The Sacrilegious Hand.

Sophia Van Vongorei

A sharp snap would polarize the attention of the newly birthed Ophics. The snap also sent a light wave of magic through her being causing the unfinished spurts of the rite to complete revealing her body in all its glory.

Stunning wasn't even the word. What was once a formless beast wrought from the deepest pits of terror, now stood a woman who practically oozed poise, grace, and otherworldly beauty. Skin a shade of brown that almost seemed to shine like bronze. Her eyes were now a soft amber that stared at the female bezin.

"You..."

She spoke in a tone that did not crack but claimed attention. Her gaze stricken on the former leader.

"You may live..."

She said turning now away from her to Belif who she noticed earlier bore the crest that once bound her. With the rite complete his naten flow should have returned. The runic circles that once consecrated the murky ground had now vanished.

The dead was done

"How gauche...."

She uttered as she made a soft stride towards him. Despite the swampy earth around them, the sharp clacking of her heels went unabated.

"What manner of beast are you?"

She said stopping just a few feet before him. Her eyes narrowed filled with a subtle gurgling vengeance that mirrored the blazing eye she appeared from. The eyes of the former bezin reflected the same before they all screeched in a horrific high pitch tone as they combusted spontaneously into black mist. The lot of them reduced to nothing...she wasn't very fond of men.

They were nothing more than husk, to begin with.

"Speak..."
" I should really clean my closet, the skeletons are starting to clutter..."

Fate I
Drifter

Post by Fate I »

The jewel in his hand flickered out like a candle in the wind, losing its pulsing and omnious glow near the start of his encantation.

Even the Bzin seemed confused by the sudden and unceremonious end to his spell. They waited for a moment, but quickly pounced on the fool holding the dull rock.

Belif:maybe...bitch was a bit har-

He screamed in fury as the Bzin gave chase, knowing he couldn't make it far in this sludge covered grounds of the island.

"Is this the Akuma doing?"

He said nervously just before a huge wave crashed into the island, sending tremors through the ground strong enough to knock the Bzin to the floor.

"..."

The jewel in his hand suddenly grew too hot to hold and fell into the mud, belif quickly tried to find the jewel and almost lost his life when a powerful beam of green energy fired outta the mud and into the sky. The force of the beam wished the clouds into a powerful vortex, sending turbulent winds across the island that the Bzin couldn't ignore.

Belif tried grabbing the jewel after the beam fizzled out, but found in its place a manifesting circle with him at it's center. He smiled nervously, he'd prepared himself for this moment, but in the face of reality he wondered if he was ready. The sigil of the conqueror appeared on his hand, it was here he knew the spell was a success and wept joyfully at his realization- just seconds before exploding into a fit of agony.

A smoky and black mist seeped from his orrafices , causing his screams to become a gurgled mess. The pain he felt was immeasurable the only thoughts he could muster were

"I'm dying...."

He fell to the ground nearly unconscious, but just awake enough to see the the opening of the gates and the release of chaos. He dozed off for a moment , slumped over a large mushroom;but, was abruptly awaken by a beautiful woman demanding he speak.

He opened his mouth to say his name, but in its place he vomited on his feet. He was careful not to soil the lady in front of him, even with a concussion he knew this was the devil he'd released into vescrutia.

"Belif, your highness."

He said, still oozing filth from his mouth.

"I'm the..."

He quickly turned his head and leaned behind the thick stalks to vomit, wiping his face before returning to the poised grace before him.

"You're here. You're actually fucking real."

He said with a bow.

"And just Look at you! You're lethal and hot, hot , hot. I'm Belif and I brought you here to crush that DICKHEAD, Grey! Now, it'll take some time for your powers to recover, a side effect of being bound to the nether;but, don't worry baby, I've got this all planned out.

First we get you some soul food, then we kill grey, you acsend to high priestess, we rule over the islands, fall in love. It's gonna be great!"

He was covered in all manner of fluids that culminated into a fowl and repulsive stench;but, despite the cold grimmance forming on the 7 ft stallion face, he just carried on. The lone surviving Bzin was frozen in fear, though her eyes were open she was completely unresponsive.

Sophia Van Gongorei
Drifter

Post by Sophia Van Gongorei »

The cold unfeeling face of the Orphic mother was unmoved nor swayed despite the incalculable levels of rage she was experiencing right now. Where the FUCK was she? Her eyes were latched onto the disturbing piece of man scum that soiled itself without any regard for dignity. "You summoned me...?" She said as her eyes began to reflect the venomous sting of the boiling anger festering within her. The way he spoke to her...SHE?! She who has laid waste to entire civilizations carved out a hydra heart with her bare hands. She who had smothered the Nether in her influence...called forth by a common man born?"To the middle..." The worlds were practically seething through her teeth right now. She could no longer contain the fury in her face and her perfectly arched brows attested to this. Her right hand began early endowed with blasphemous dark energy that was smoky and shadowy in nature.

"OF A FUCKING SWAMP?!" The animosity in her voice forced out more a banshee screech than she intended but the blatant audacity of it all was simply too much for the empress to bare. With a single stroke of her glowing hand, an almost invisible swipe of energy aimed to sever his head from his shoulder with clean precision and grace in mind."To think my stone would fall into hands as filthy and uncouth as yours..." She was so pissed she didn't even let his grubby words enter her ears. High priestess, Grey? None of that matter when spewed from the mouth of something this putrid. To think the rite was invoked like this. She tired of this place already not having been here five minutes yet. She turned her back now walking away from the corpse. She had better things to do."Honestly... a fucking swamp? Me? The nerve..."
" I should really clean my closet, the skeletons are starting to clutter..."

Return to “Islands of Rudral”