Winds Of Freedom; Journey To The Heart Of The Storm

Evil has hidden themselves beyond a newely impenetrable hurricane hoarding adventure from those who seek it. Do you dare to dive into the eye of the storm?
Fate I
Drifter

Re: Winds Of Freedom; Journey To The Heart Of The Storm

Post by Fate I »

The adventurers had traveled to depths of the seed prison, overcoming temptation and danger as they pursued the immediate liberation of their captured kin. The two men, bound by circumstance and friendship, embarked on this perilous quest without hesitation. Armed with determination and a shared resolve, they navigated through the labyrinthine corridors, their footsteps echoing in the dimly lit passages.

As they neared their destination, the silence was shattered by the clamor of approaching adversaries. A swarm of SEED's grunts, hopelessly cumbersome and disorganized guardians , were fleeing the pursuit of some manner of avian monstrosity. Unfazed, the two adventurers swiftly deployed an ingenious electrical net, crackling with potent energy, ensnaring most of the unsuspecting grunts in a web of incapacitation.

Amidst the chaos, Cass, avoiding being imprisoned alongside Seeds, grunts and seized the opportunity to join the fray. With the ferocity rivaling a resource starved beast and deadly precision, it swooped down upon the grunts, its talons lashing out in a flurry of strikes.
Caught between the relentless assault of the incarcerated liberator’s and the avian avenger, the grunts were helpless, left stunned by the surge of electricity and forced to wait for their swift demise. Their once-bold demeanor crumbling under the weight of overwhelming odds. The air crackled with tension as the prisoners rallied their defenders with cheers or pleas for help.

In a dazzling display of teamwork and mastery over their respective talents, the liberators and their returned avian ally emerged victorious against the beleaguered grunts. Yet, their triumph was short-lived as a foreboding presence loomed on the periphery of their awareness. A monstrous silhouette, obscured by the shadows, silently stalked its prey, its malevolent intent palpable in the oppressive atmosphere.

They stood as sentinels blocking the path to the liberator's shackled allies, but before the silence was drifted on, it was cut by a raspy voice over some manner of intercom.

Intercom:I see the rats aren't the only unwanted visitor. I'm a busy man, so I offer you one chance. Walk up to my buddy Kharl and let them rips your heads off and I'll overlook this whole invasion bullshit. Kharl’s , kill anything you see outside a cage.

The Kharl's stepped from the shadows, revealing their pasty and pale skin. Their arms were long, stretching well past their waist, all four of them. Slowly they took their approach, grabbing and beheading any seed grunts left alive after shabuto and haylin's assault. On a kharl, eager to get his hands wet, rushed towards Shabuto, while another two rushed Haylin. The three kharl's made up the bulk of the force, while the remaining two kharl's stood as a barricade to prevent the pair to reach the cages.

Shabuto Venkage
Drifter

Post by Shabuto Venkage »

On a kharl, eager to get his hands wet, rushed towards Shabuto,
He hurriedly made his way to the cells still unable to quite see inside. He couldn’t confirm his friend were in them but nothing would forestall his efforts. As the pasty twisted creations emerged from the darkness Shabuto’s face faded from its copy half smirk to a grimace. He wasn’t sure what they would find here in the depths of this prison but each moment here they were presented with encounters that revealed more secrets about this forsaken place.

He shuddered at the thought that these heinous beast who would even slaughter their own might have well been humans. With how easily SEED discarded mortal lives he was sure they had done some twisted experiments on the people here. That one kids brazen display of rage also indicated something sister happening here.

“Tch, disgusting”

Just as the clawed fiend nearly made contact with him Shabuto seemed to vanish in a blur. The creature would not be stuck wondering for long as the barely lite cavern would soon be enveloped in a crimson glare accompanied by a growing feeling of heat from above. On the ceiling standing upside down, naten at his feet, would be Shabuto with an arrow ignited woth a blaze by the Ein

“Drill bow style: Searing Pierce!”

He would release the arrow and upon doing so it would begin to spin rapidly greatly increasing it's velocity and piercing power that and using a touch of gravity given his vantage point. The spiraling configuration aimed to pierce right through the monsters head if it hit hoping to obliterate the creature.

“This place is just crawling with all kinds said wild shit, Haylin you haven’t died on me yet have you?”

He called out, having seen him and Cass dis out their own damage he was none to worried. Cass had proven itself to be a tough bird.
"I had forgotten...What the tone of liberty sounded like"

"To think the path to freedom. Would be soaked in blood"

Haylin Gafren
Drifter

Post by Haylin Gafren »

“We’re doing just great.” Haylin said, now that he had his urizen back.

Haylin and Cass reunited with a fist talon bump and happy coo from Cass, shaking off the previous harrowing moments before taking in the horrible sight of the Kharls before them. Hands down the ugliest sights they’d seen on the island so far. They looked so ugly in fact, that Haylin and Cass’s fists and talons and beak were engulfed in a bright red flame as they stared down their new opponents.

“Eagle…”

They wasted no time in getting synergistic and Haylin leaped above Cass who lifted a talon and caught Haylin’s crouched body on it. Cas’s leg had maximum contraction for a moment and exploded in the next, launching Haylin directly into the fray with one of the Kharls. The force made an explosive sound as Haylin’s flame cloaked fists grew in energy and engulfed his whole body by the time he reached his pallid target. His whole aura behind it, he threw a fierce punch that took its own falcon-like aura and applied a fierce flaming strike to the Kharl’s body.

“PAAAAWNCH!”

Cass dashed into the melee right behind his airborne urizen and gave a flurry of flaming beak strikes and talon punches to the other Kharl, looking to put it down before it could get a chance to put its extra limbs to good use.

Return to “Islands of Rudral”