Into The Forest; Scaling Mountains

The azure radiation released from atop of the mountain triggered genetic mutation in the surrounding species. Creatures in the mountain areas are stronger, larger, and feral. Even the simplest of lifeforms are formidable threats but, these creatures leave larger yields of Azurite
Jace
Drifter

Re: Into The Forest; Scaling Mountains

Post by Jace »

-Jace was sitting on top of one of the neighboring mountain tops, watching Toman toss disgusting clumps of sludge across the alps. It spread like a plague, which instinctively set off red flags. His first thought, was it the horsemen? Jace wasn't around when Ruin first clawed through Vescrutia, but he heard tale of the coming Apocalypse. He investigated, teleporting above the clouds and above the head of slimey giant. Just watching for the moment.

"..what the hell is that?"

Jace
Drifter

Post by Jace »

"Hey there, you seem friendly enough."

-He said coyly, almost comically ignoring the collasal beast devouring the nearby mountains as if feeding on its natural minerals.-

"Can you explain what's uh.. what is that thing? Who are you, for that matter.. I'm Jace."

-He stated to the massive giant, lightly jamming his thumb in his chest with a rather warming smirk.-

Jace
Drifter

Post by Jace »

"I Come From My Own Dimension I Created Called 'The Veritas', Which Was Once Connected To Vescrutia In The Time Before Time," Tymon said as his body started to fade away into crystal clarity. "It Is Nice To Meet You, Jace," Tymon said politely before completely disappearing, leaving only the two Tomons left behind.
"Whoa, whoa, wait! Come back!"

-Jace exclaimed, waving his hands about toward the fading Visage of the mysterious specter. He was taken aback, and still trying to digest the saga of epic tales that he was incredibly unfamiliar with, but it didn't take a genius to see Tymon's reserved disposition. He seemed shy, almost guilty of something. But Jace sensed nothing malicious about him.. well. Save for the barbaric obelisks skulking about the alps.-
Tomon stuck out his tongue playfully, then gave Jace another wink. "We Ain't Bothering Nobody, Are We?" he had to ask, wondering if he was disturbing the harmony, or something.
"Huh.. oh, well.. um."

-He said scratching his chin, glancing back at what used to be the Alps of Chaos. Who was he to tell someone how they could gain power? Just because Jace was a powerhouse didn't mean others couldn't chase their own avenues of might. He took a minute before just taking a rhetorical leap.-

"I mean, you don't seem evil. You and whoever that was seems totally cool, but what it looks like from the outside in, is just.. fucked up, ya know? At the very least its vandalism."

-He chuckled to himself before, gingerly hovering closer to the timid giant with his hands resting in his pockets.-

"I dono' who Khrona was, but the name does ring a bell. Was that the guy who was just here? Could you ask him to come back?"

Jace
Drifter

Post by Jace »

"The Horsemen?! Oh so you are an ally! Well for the most part, I guess."

-He said taking a huge sigh of relief before reclining in the air, as if he were chilling inside a hammock. Jace didn't truly take the time to understand the infinite enigma that was the being(s) before him. A giant? A hive mind? It was all very confusing, but at least he wasn't dealing with some malicious entity. The Tymon giants surely gave off that impression, but appearances were not everything.-
"So, We've Told You About Us..." the second Tomon said, slyly evading anymore inquisition, "... So, Why Don't You Tell Us About Yourself~? We Recall A 'Jace' From The 'Before Times', But..." the second Tomon narrowed his eyes and scrunched up his nose, placing his hands on his gloppy mountain 'hips' as he inspected Jace left and right, up and down, "You Don't Seem Like You're The Same Guy. "
"Well.. honestly I'm not too proud of my past either. I think we've both hurt people, but we aren't those guys anymore. I'm an alien who's moved to the Astral only a few years ago."

-He said digging in his ear, trying his best not to recollect on the younger years. Jace was a deviant after having the only things close to him destroyed, but who wouldn't be? He flicked his earwax and lingering thoughts of self loathing to the wayside.-

"Well Tymon, my new friend, can you undue all the gross stuff you did to the Alps? I'm not gonna write you a ticket, but I feel like there are just better ways to go about getting stronger. Ya know? Honestly.. how strong are you already?"

Jace
Drifter

Post by Jace »

The second Tomon was sucked back into the first with a hideous slurp, the thread binding them retracting like a frog's tongue after it stuck to a fly. The bodies hit each other with a gross slop before the siamese twins blended back into one body, the first looking as if it were eating the second with his very form alone. The second Tomon waved goodbye to Jace as he was consumed by the original, who belched out of his... Stomach instead of his mouth.
Jace nervously waved back at muck monster who was absorbed back into the core form of the winged giant. Jace's eyes then flexed slightly in response to Toman throwing down the gauntlet.
"... How Strong Am I?" he repeated with a chuckle, "You Wanna Find Out?"
"..yeah, I kinda do now. Especially if we're gonna be fighting together, I'd love to see how you'll have my back. If you can that is, I tend to find myself in the darkest, duuuumbest situations."

Jace stretched out his four limbs and began slowly spinning in the air. He honestly didn't come here thinking he'd be sparring with some mysterious new ally, but he didnt sweat it. Then he snapped back to an upright, levitating position.

"Should we have like.. a safe word or something? Rules like, the first one to land a hit or?"

He was scratching his chin again, looking up, down, and in every direction for ideas for their bout. Maybe he was thinking too hard.. its been so long since Jace sparred with someone and not tried to rip them apart.

"Fuck it, we can just freestyle it."

Jace
Drifter

Post by Jace »

Jace crossed his arms in front of him to block the brunt of the attack and he took the free ride into orbit without even trying to fight the inertia. The force of those wings carried a massive wallop, it had to even move Jace's body an inch. But he seemed at peace floating in the sea of glints of space dust. He smiled, gazing at Vescrutia and all its celestial beauty. He fashioned his hands like a camera and playful took a few mental pictures of the beautiful globe, but then he pointed his index fingers at his muse. Those suckers got to glowing with red hot bubbles of Naten soo intense, they shined through the stratosphere in the middle of the day. Like a third sun.

"Bang! Bang! Bang.. Bang... Bang!"

Jace released a volley of focused lasers at Toman, each of them more accurate than the last, with tons more heat. Hundreds, thousands. Even in orbit, Jace's eyesight could track Toman like a sniper. Each blast, if it missed, did little to no collateral but burrowed directly into the soil and down to the mothers core. As Jace hoped they do to Toman's defenses.

Jace
Drifter

Post by Jace »

-Jace let up on his volley as he watched the giant, crystal, muck, magma, garbage dump? Thing excel through the atmosphere. Jace withdrew his figurative guns into his pockets and tried to take in the perplexing abilities of his new ally.-
Past the sky of Vescrutia and out where Jace was, the now astronomical Tomon of crystal with a big and wide sharp-toothed smile on his face sprang up from the planet like a geyser. Rooted to the planet for a steady foundation and literally higher than the sky, Tomon was now fathoms greater in size than Jace was, and seemed to be getting bigger as he continued to stretch from the ground. Though suddenly, he did stop, and when he did, he spread his wings with a mighty burst, forcing away everything from near him and deeper into space. "Wasn't Expecting This Battle To Get To Space So Quickly," Tomon quipped, "But I Can Get Planetary And Devastate."
He was fucking excessive.

Jace's skin comically rippled when Toman flexed his power. His avian appendages created a dominating wave of force that traveled through the dark void seamlessly and made room for their scrap. Thanks to the distance between them, Jace didnt have to crane his neck to see Tomon's face. He saw of his galactic majesty, and he took up a celestial amount mass. But then Jace thought about it, wasn't he trying to mine the Alps for more power? He had to be super strong already.. maybe he was just greedy. Possessed by some avaricious phatom? Or maybe he was one.

"Geez, I can see that. Where did you come from, big guy?"

-He asked, dragging one of his hands from his lofty, ivory pants and pointed his finger again. This time, an emerald haze began to stem from beneath his fingernail until it absorbed his entire hand in its radiance. Undoubtedly Tomon could feel the heat, it was one of the reasons Jace opted to keep the fight in orbit. Aside from mitigating damage in the Astral, he knew Genesis was a bit too dangerous for him to use while earthbound. And Tomon, if he didn't somehow already know, was going to learn that himself.

But then he thought about it, and the emerald gleam surrounding his wrist began to waine.. just a bit.-

Wait.. can he heal too? Fuck what if he can't?

Quite honestly, Jace had only conditioned himself to fighting malevolen threats, or Kham when the two of them were bored or anxious. Genesis wasn't something he could just toss around, especially against a new ally whom he didn't truly understand.-

Jace
Drifter

Post by Jace »

In space, the giant Tomon swayed from side to side, gently rocking himself to some unsteady beat that was bound to be in his own head.. "I Come From The Veritas -- An Alternate Dimension That Is Made Up Of... Well. Me." It was almost vain, but it was the truth. "Tymon... Or, Khrona, The Guy I'm A Piece Of... Had To Create The Dimension Solely Out Of Himself And Sustain It By Himself With Pieces Of Him Like Myself As The Makeup Of The Dimension. It Was Because If He Didn't, He Wouldn't Have Survived On Vescrutia... Just Like Vescrutia..."
-Jace opened his heart to Tomon, trying the best he could to comprehend the guys complicated origins, but quantum physics was always Jace's weakest subject aboard the Pantheon. Toman was from another dimension he made himself, out of himself? where Vescrutia existed? It was hard to conceptualize but just a glance at the humble giants droopy eyes conveyed his pain to Jace. Now it was beginning to make sense; his strange appearance, his carelessness about the planet's condition in his eccentric quests for power wasn't in the least bit malicious. Toman---, er Khrona-- Tymon was a refugee, just like Jace was. He opened his mouth to lend some words of reassurance but the mighty celestial wasn't done speaking.
He glanced over to the reluctant Jace, blinking a bit and returning his head to the visage of him. "I Wouldn't Hold Back If I Were You, My Guy," Tomon said pretty casually, "I Didn't Just Gather All Of That Power..." His eyes suddenly sharpened, narrowing to slits and glowing with energy, smile widening, "SO WE COULD PUSSYFOOT AROUND!!!"
Toman's voice barreled through the starry blackness like the horn of God himself. Vibrations were the only waves that could permeate the cosmic sea, and they rung Jace's ears until the felt a lil numb. And then his vision failed him; darkness swallowed everything far a wide. The stars faded until they were nothing at all, the planets shrunk into planetismals, and the mighty celestial just smiled through the blackness. The only light that refused the creeping, black beast was the Jace's wrist, which burned like an emerald beacon. It illuminated his shadowy visage, until Tomon emerged from the void. His body had been fully developed now, like a titan standing on his homeworld. His nexus. His weakness?

What the fuck was going on?
"You Really Should Let Loose, Or You'll Never Get Out Of Here,"
-Jace never looked exactly worried; anxious yeah, maybe a little. But Toman's slick tongue folded Jace's apprehensions mighty quick.-
"When I Flapped My Wings, I Sent My Naten All Across The Area As Far As My Wing Beat Reached. Everything That Was Caught Up In It..." He paused, pulling something out of the darkness -- a moon. "... Is Now In An Alternate Reality. The 'Crystal Nightmare' Allows Me To Change Whatever My Naten Is Released To Into An Alternate Reality That Is Purely Discordant And Nightmarish, Basically To Invoke Dissonance About Whomever Or Whatever The Target Is."

"If You Release Enough Naten To Overpower It Or Overpower Me, You Can Break Free. But It Gets Stronger The Longer You're Here, So..." Tomon rolled his eyes innocently, then cocked his arm back, "CATCH!!!" Hurling the devilish moon at Jace.
-Of course.. they were in another dimension. Thats why Vescrutia disappeared, that's why he couldn't hear the songs of the Freshwater Sea or look at the ocean of cosmic lights that form over the Alps. His eyes widened to dinner plates, not at the incoming warmoon that grimaced and laughed at him, but at the sudden realization that he actually could cut loose!-

..say less..

-The tiny emerald gleam that was Jace morphed into a blistering beam of light that careened around the incoming projectile like a tie fighter, making sure not touch the moon, cautious of any more alterior affects of his naten. There was a reason Jace hadn't truly explored the extent of Genesis, and now Tomon would learn too. He was a tiny firefly in a sea of nothingness.. until he wasn't. The small amount of emerald energy concealing his wrist detonated in his sandtoned palm and released powerful and luminscent stellar explosion that illuminated every recluse and crevice within the Crystal Hell. The transient, astronomical event could sheepishly be compared to the catastrophic heat of a supernova, which could rival the optical luminosity of an entire galaxy. But the contrast was disrespectful to Genesis. The mysterious source of power was equated to a catalsyt of life, or even the fundamental forces of creation. And this primoridal force could melt through the fleshy membranes of space and time like a blade saundered in hot coals. The explosion made no sound, but the might of it all devoured any opposing vibrations as well. It was just silent.-

Return to “Azure Alps”