A New Leaf

Cold Frontier is the Diamond Dust guild's headquarters. Here they house and train their members, deploying to operations at the drop of a hat. Part bar, part inn, part bazaar, it has everything a traveler could wish for whether passing through or pitching a tent.
Zero Venkage
Drifter

Re: A New Leaf

Post by Zero Venkage »

"Oooooooooh, Adventuring?" Zero giggled behind the napkin. The relief washed over him as he leaned into the table. He was just making a stop at DUSTER’s and might actually need some help on this mission. Returning to Uran would be hard enough without being bored and having an extra guy is always good for contingencies. Zero track record dealing with chance encounters led him to some of the most interesting characters, leading this cat to an adventure seemed to be a pretty good idea.

"I mean, I have to make a run when I get off work. Um... I'm dropping off a package but, its pretty far north, where the sun rarely sets." Zero spoke slowly and clearly so the guy had a feeling of what he was getting into. Though he omitted it verbally, it was a common shared legend in many parts of Vescrutia. Where a people travel north to find gifts to save their people. Maybe they had a story like that in their history and could relate. Zero was making a return trip and had already been twice, so he counted this one as a leisure hike through an obstacle course. His guest on the other hand seemed to just want to have an itch scratched. It'd be good experience if he wanted to keep up with his travels.

"It might be a cool adventure. Feel like tagging along?"

Dalazar Denkou
Drifter

Post by Dalazar Denkou »

"Oooooooooh, Adventuring?" Zero giggled behind the napkin. The relief washed over him as he leaned into the table. He was just making a stop at DUSTER’s and might actually need some help on this mission. Returning to Uran would be hard enough without being bored and having an extra guy is always good for contingencies. Zero track record dealing with chance encounters led him to some of the most interesting characters, leading this cat to an adventure seemed to be a pretty good idea.
He knew it to be quite a strange thing to add of a stranger indeed. He knew nothing of this man and vice versa . The truth could be said about his encounter with Misha who lit the flame of this desire even further with their meeting. This person... he seemed to have a most trusting air about him. Either that or he was confident in his ability to not be killed. Either way Dazuma twiddled his thumbs in anticipation. He hoped that he would take a chance on him. A he was at the mercy of the kindness of strangers in this land.
"I mean, I have to make a run when I get off work. Um... I'm dropping off a package but, its pretty far north, where the sun rarely sets."
A package? Was he some sort of par time deliver boy? This was hardly what Dazuma meant by adventuring. Sure going far north could produce its own fruits but with the end result merely being a delivery well. He thought it be sorta lack luster. However he Zero's manner of speaking prompted a lure of more. That's when Dazuma eyes widened for a second before he placed his hand on the side of his face an whispered."Ooooh package...". He said throwing up finger quotation marks. Perhaps he was one of those Gonga pushers he's heard rumors bout. Movers of a mysterious herb that is supposed to intoxicate a person. He hardly thought he'd be in the company of a dealer. He could be getting ahead of himself.. He'd lean back from Zero and place his hand in his chin inquisitively."A package? Sounds ominous...what are the chances well face death on this little drop off of yours?" Just what had he'd gotten himself into.

Zero Venkage
Drifter

Post by Zero Venkage »

"We? Probably fairly slim," Zero replied yawning. He felt a pair of eyes on his back piercing his soul. Normally he'd have stayed until the staff ejected him, but this day felt extra tense. He thought about the possible ejection to pair with the heart crushing feeling of omen coming over him. He glanced over his shoulder to the bar where his nervous eyes met hers. Frances shot needles in his direction and Zero knew it was time to go.

"I mean, you're about as likely to die there as you are talking to me in here. Slim to none, my guy." Zero patted his chest confidently with the napkin he removed during his yawn and stretch. Rarely did his guests die in his company. Sometimes things get hairy but they tend to turn out alright for his team, wherever his travels took him. His track record spoke for itself when you think of the pantheon of enemies he'd made in what could be seen as a very short period of time. Zeik was hundreds of years old, Kham thousands older. Zero and Kham have a day of remembrance named for their ability to turn around a bad situation. He could keep a single person alive on this trip.

"So," he huffed, tossing the napkin to the air and floating it to the bar across the room, right next to the disgruntled bartender. It landed as gently as a feather, tiny breezes folding it into a neat square. The apron came off and undulated into the back-of-house where he found it. "I'm ZK and I'm off the clock. Ready to go?" He thumbs upped in his new friends direction and hastily, but calmly inched toward the door, making sure to keep his back to the bar. Once they were outside, they'd be in the clear.

Dalazar Denkou
Drifter

Post by Dalazar Denkou »

Zero Venkage wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:06 am
"We? Probably fairly slim," Zero replied yawning. He felt a pair of eyes on his back piercing his soul. Normally he'd have stayed until the staff ejected him, but this day felt extra tense. He thought about the possible ejection to pair with the heart crushing feeling of omen coming over him. He glanced over his shoulder to the bar where his nervous eyes met hers. Frances shot needles in his direction and Zero knew it was time to go.
Yes, we. Dazuma had come to this place specifically for a chance to go out on a limb and try his hand at adventuring. Going into unknown lands and territories. He wasn't about to let this opportunity slip through his well manicured fingers. He pushed his empty plate aside. Within him began gurgling a fluttery feeling of excitement.
Zero Venkage wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:06 am
"I mean, you're about as likely to die there as you are talking to me in here. Slim to none, my guy."
And that's when he began to rise. The air of the establishment was becoming thicker and richer with the sensation of malice. Someone in here didn't to much care for someone else. Perhaps it was best if they did get a move one. It sparked a question for Dazuma was. Who was this guy, and more importantly just what had he done to be able to be to speak such a statement? Dazuma though would take of his inquisitor hat and stand. He'd gather his sack of things and hoist it over his shoulder.
"I'm ZK and I'm off the clock. Ready to go?"
Zk huh? Obviously a moniker of sorts. Not that it mattered to Dazuma but it hinted that he had reasons to keep his identity a secret. Something Dazuma understood very well. There would be no need to pry, besides who knows what he might learn of his companion on the way. Who knew what he might learn of himself... Making his way to the door of the place He'd look over his shoulder. He thought of Misha and the time they spent together. If only she could be here to see this. This was his first step as an explorer...his rise as a pillar."I'm Bo" He said with a coy smile that was swiftly covered by his scarf being placed over his mouth. "Indeed, onward and such." He said as he began to exit the space. His journey had finally began...

Zero Venkage
Drifter

Post by Zero Venkage »

Zero slipped in front of Bo while waving goodbye to the staff of Duster's. He giggled and blew a kiss to the owner of the piercing stare, surely watching him exit.

"Alright, Bo. Let's go!"

Once they stepped outside the tavern's doors, Zero bolted straight into the unkept forest. He wanted to avoid major thoroughfares out of town, as not to be seen by anyone important or scary or trying to find him. Part of his ominous feeling was amplified by sunset falling over the area. Luckily, they moved quickly or Duster's was due for a dusting in a dust up nobody wanted to dust up. Cautiously, Zero and Bo set out on their journey to Uran.

Return to “Cold Frontier”