Flashback Great Destroyer vs Astral Flame

A grand megaplex constructed by the Architects of Old, living structures made of Naten that house. A place of legends spoken of in every culture on the planet.
Michio Tribe
Drifter

Flashback Great Destroyer vs Astral Flame

Post by Michio Tribe »

“This is getting boring Dad.”

Exclaimed the little girl who sat atop Kham’s back legs crossed, arms crossed. She had brown skin, red hair and dark brown eyes who’s lids were getting more and more slack the more she saw the horizon rise up and down the same few feet. She’d seen the twin suns start at their opposing points of the sky, converge atop her head and position themselves at opposite ends of the horizon filling the sky with a cloud spray of oranges, reds and greens. It was nice, but this was boring. And her ass was covered with sweat.

“You’re-sup-posed-to-be-keep-ing-count!”

Heaved Kham, her father, who was doing push-up’s underneath T’ajsa sweaty bum. Beneath Kham was a pool of sweat that could house a micro-sized ocean of fauna. His heart thundered in his chest racing against the rhythm of his reputations. His hands were making deep imprints into Vescrutia’s hide. Kham was warming up. After hundreds of reps he would have his daughter increase her density to staggering levels, placing several mountains upon his back all house in side his little girl. The two had to get creative to train on Vescrutia’s surface without damaging the planet, and this exercise was very affective. Except for when your partner had the attention span of a fly.

TJ was incredibly prone to distraction.

“Yeah, I stoped counting a while ago.”

Her voice was a lot deeper than it was a second ago and it picked up a tinge of sarcastic disregard along the way. What was once a small doll of a girl, transformed, instantly, into a long brown haired adolescent with a sculpted, athletic body. The skin tight black pants fighting suit expanded right along with her. It wasn’t uncommon or frightening, anymore. But Kham reflected often at his own daughters instability, even if he was focused on maxing out reps with countless pounds on his back, hearing TJ’s older voice took him back to times when he and Cross labored intensely trying to get TJ to stabilize herself and how he and Gaia would argue for days when she refused to assist. But her battle suit adjusted with her inconsistent geneology, and it was beautiful.

“Finally! Eleventy million!”

Came the voice of the little girl. With a quaking thump Kham draped to the grassy puddle of sweat beneath him. TJ hopped off her dad’s back before his chest hit the floor lest they both put a massive crater in the sacred ground that surrounded them. She put both her hands over her head interlocked, stretched toward the sky and howled into the evening. Her voice echoed it back, birds took off from the trees on the horizon fearing some wild animal was on the attack. Kham rolled over on his back and looked toward the sky with a smile across his face, watching his daughter ignore the boundaries of this world. With the sun drowning her back in shadow, T’ajsa looked just like her mother.

“How heavy were you?”

Kham asked all breathy. He was so warm, sweat still forming across his brow, body steaming with clear smoke of energetic exhaust. His muscle were nice and sore, the stiffness was pressed out of his arms and chest. His legs were a bit stiff, so he stretched those out as well.

“Um… as that.”

TJ distantly replied as she lazily lifted her finger toward the dueling orbs in the sky that rose when the shining ones fell. One was slightly smaller than the other. Kham rose up by her side and followed her finger.

“The moon?”

Kham wasn’t entirely surprised. He was definitely sore, he felt the work in his body, the exhaust spoke for itself. He was using Naten to keep TJ atop his back without breaking.

“Mhm, almost two of them.”

Now that was surprising.

“You’re not lying just to make me feel better.”

“I wouldn’t lie to do you dad. You’re really strong. But not as strong as the mighty TJ!”

Kham laughed a belly full of feel goods. He and TJ both knew she was telling the truth. Adjusting her weight to twice that of the moon without damaging the planet took prodigal control that Kham lacked.

“Ha oh really! Well you’re welcome to prove it.”

He then gestured to his hand prints on the ground. But TJ’ scoffed, and grew twice her child like size, her hair grew a Michio white and one of her eyes glossed over a gold.

“And do push-ups? Dad come on.”

There was more than disregard in her voice, there was disdain. It was hard for Kham to keep a straight face among this type of TJ, she just wasnt his little girl anymore, what would she go through that would render her blind in one eye? Where did her mother’s hair go? But you never asked a warrior where they got their scars.

“Well what would you prefer?”

“I haven’t seen you fight in a long time. I miss it. Back here in Kemet before it went all BOOM!”

They stood among ruins, disembodied pillars covered on dead overgrowth aglow with faded Naten igniting ancient indecipherable scriptures. Kemet after the heralds arrived. People like Kham and TJ aways stared into the past. And Kemet was so different, everyone looked back on that day differently but few were alive to look back on it as home.

“You really liked watching me fight? In the arena?”

“Are you kidding?

TJ didn’t change form this time. There was so much sincerity in her adult self that her. Younger self suffocated in child like innocence.

“You’re the greatest dad. Always have been. Always will.”

Kham could barely hold a smile he was so warm with love. Just he, and his daughter.

“Thank you T’ajsa.”

“Just TJ dad.”

“Right…. Why don’t you call your uncle Zeik?”

TJ was taken aback. She knew what her dad was thinking. And the growing smile grew across her face two sizes larger while she grew incredibly small back to her child form. Overcome with joy she leapt into her dads arms.

“Wait. What are you-“

“Yes call him over. So you can watch your father fight to his fullest.”

“YES! YES YES YES YES YES! Okay okay I’ll ask Nagase to call him.”

In his arms, TJ shut her eyes for a moment and opened them. Kham looked perplexed. Surpsied by his daughter more and more everyday.

“She said he said okay.”

“Wait really? That’s it? That fast?”

“Yeah! I mean, I did have to make up some words.”

“Wait… “

Kham set TJ down, she was already snickering.

“What did you said I said?”

“I said you called him a bitch.”
This is a pen-name account which writes from the narrative perspective of:
Michio Kham, T'ajsa Michio, Gaia- The Divine Anima, The Devout (and its members)
Michio Tribe Lore

Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Re: Flashback:Great Destroyer vs Astral Flame

Post by Zeik »

A little ambiance
Barren. Cold. Scarred. The land after the battle with the heralds, was left to ruin, unable to heal no matter how many sunsets passed by. The once healthy brown soil, was more a dark gray and shared the consistency of ash. The buildings were either pulverized or only shattered skeletons of the architects wonder remained.

Zeik, lost in wanderlust, moved about ignorant of the trembling ripples of michio’s exercise. He stumbled over the rubble, near perfectly synchronized with Kham's repetitions, as he moved in some manner of a trance.

His lips move about, mouthing away inaudibly, as he made his way through the Arcturus Ruins. He stopped at a tree, more a petrified husk than a tree and placed his hand against the ash-grey trunk.

A flash of white light pulses from his hands, peeling away the petrified husk and revealing the barks former luminous—only to fade to ruin again.

His eyes rolled from his skull to the center of his head, narrowing at the symbol of hate left on Kemet from the horsemen's devastation.

He lifted his hand from the tree and pulled his fingers into his palm, smothering his regret within a tightly clenched fist. His eyes ran from the tree, and in their haste, caught a glint of familiar energy. Slowly he returned from his nightmarish reverie and grounded his consciousness in his body. The tremors that pulsed through the planet were no longer veiled to him.

‘Michio...how fitting.’

He said with a flat tone. Clearing his throat with a cough afterwards. He made his way to his friend ,slowly stepping against the ripples of kham’s enormous naten pressure. The naten crashed into him, blowing his bushy black hair in the winds, and pushing his midnight-blue robes against his cinnamon brown skin. The beat of the drum tugged at his heart, accelerating his beat to the tempo of Kham’s vigor. For some reason he felt enraged,wrathful and looking for a fight.

He chalked the emotions up to empathy, after all Kham was here for the same reason Zeik was, the horsemen. Standing in these desecrated lands would stir the same passion for retribution in Kham’s giant heart, as it would his own.

He rushed. With a sudden shift in his spirit, he punched the winds, breaking through the titanic ripple of naten with a thin, searing, ark of light. In a flash of firey winds he came to a sliding halt, now confirming his suspicions of who shared the area with him.

‘Tjjj....’

He exclaimed with a glint of confusion in his eyes, he’d expected to find only the Great Destroyed atop the mound of prettified dirt;but, here stood his daughter aswell. What else had he missed? Suddenly he suspected treachery and a hint of childhood mischief, but couldn’t quite put his finger on why he’d think such things of them.

I’m getting...the impression that you’ve tried to trifle with my honor, or is that just the blood-lust of makaian prana edging me into combat?’

-His eyes filled with a deep red tint and a crackle of blue embers dripped from his fist.
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Michio Tribe
Drifter

Re: Flashback Great Destroyer vs Astral Flame

Post by Michio Tribe »

((I'm trying something different, so if there's a lot of recap in my posts forgive me))

“You did what?!”

Kham shouted from the depths of his gut and into the winds. TJ’s fixed smirk only irritated him further, she was alive half as long as they had known each other and their relationship was always on of silent competition. His head fell toward the ground and he walked off into the distance with a sigh. They’d fought wars with each other, against each other, the last thing they needed was a petty feud to add fuel to the ever burning coals especially after they sustained such heavy damages against the Heralds. Underneath Kham’s bare feet he could feel the ashen remains of his friends and foes who’d come to Kemet to challenge their might and grow under the Mother’s Eye. Now they were all dust.

TJ took off after her father narrowing her eyes and curling her lip in regret, maybe the prank had gone too far.

“Dad DAD! Relax! I didn’t do that I swear.”

She finally caught up to him and threw herself onto his chilled back, like an insect clinging to a craggy mountainside, the infantile TJ stuck to her father, making herself more young mid flight. She pressed her head on her dads warm back, hard and sharp, covered in a film of cool sweat warmed by the setting suns. In It, she could hear his heart beat. She could hear the rushing Naten fill her father, sounding like a crashing waterfall compounding upon tidal waves of power. Naten just didn’t sound like this in any one else TJ ever encountered.

“But he is coming. Uncle Zeik is on his way.”

Kham walked with his daughter on to his back toward one of the decaying pillars. As the scholars have written, The Architects of Old build Kemet out of indescrutable materials, regenerative buildings that Cross and others beneath her tried replicating. Shit, Kham tried destroying these structures alone countless times but only the heralds applied permanence to their perpetuity. He ran his finger down the jagged stone. It was cold, lifeless, splintered into a fragment. It’s neighboring pieces lie discarded to its left overgrown with grass.

“How? If you didn’t reach out to him.”

“For the same reason you’re here.”

“To trai-“

“Redemption. Guilt.”

TJ cut off her fathers words like a knife. And Kham let his hand fall from the column. The pain ran among all of them who were there that day. TJ missed it when it was simple, this was the only home Kham had ever known. And now it was all gone. Neovia just wasn’t the same. Kham didn’t know what to say.

“You’re right. He’s close.”
TJ and Kham both turned their heads to the right when Zeik rushed in. With a sudden shift in his spirit, he punched the winds, breaking through the titanic ripple of naten with a thin, searing, ark of light. In a flash of firey winds he came to a sliding halt, now confirming his suspicions of who shared the area with him. TJ slid off Kham’s back and waved Zeik’s way.

“Uncle Zeik!”

‘Tjjj....’

He exclaimed with a glint of confusion in his eyes, he’d expected to find only the Great Destroyed atop the mound of prettified dirt;but, here stood his daughter aswell. What else had he missed? Suddenly he suspected treachery and a hint of childhood mischief, but couldn’t quite put his finger on why he’d think such things of them.

I’m getting...the impression that you’ve tried to trifle with my honor, or is that just the blood-lust of makaian prana edging me into combat?’ 

His eyes filled with a deep red tint and a crackle of blue embers dripped from his fist.
Kham looked his friend over. Zeik was never one for flashy attire. His head was tightly corded with bangles of fine metals, like vines it fell down his back save for one bundle of it tied in the middle. He was rather lean in stature, his clothes emphasized the definition of his training. Kham just wore a pair of shorts.

“My daughter says it’s guilt that brought us here. To Kemet again. What do you think?”
Michio Kham, T'ajsa Michio, Gaia- The Divine Anima, The Devout (and its members)
Michio Tribe Lore

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

Michio Kham wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:51 pm

Kham looked his friend over. Zeik was never one for flashy attire. His head was tightly corded with bangles of fine metals, like vines it fell down his back save for one bundle of it tied in the middle. He was rather lean in stature, his clothes emphasized the definition of his training. Kham just wore a pair of shorts.

“My daughter says it’s guilt that brought us here. To Kemet again. What do you think?”

‘Guilt...’

The palpitations of his heart raced into hysteria. Driving his mind into a sudden and vivid flashback of the battle with the horsemen. His eyes ran from Michio’s and quivered shamelessly where no one could see. He wiped a tear from his eyes and in the same motion forced his attention back to Kham..

‘Never THAT!’

He shouted in berserker-like fury, his voice resonating with the dark, low tones of his emotions. With his breath, he whisked the ashy-remains into a turbulent gust behind him. He couldn’t escape the images of death or his feelings of powerlessness.-

‘Vescrutia has given everything and still they take!’

-He couldn’t undo all those who’d gave up their lives, or the scars left on his home.-

‘I came here...to send a message! I know they’re watching, I know they’re plotting and I welcome the FUCKING challenge!
Their light...isn’t lost.’

The winds were stirred by his naten ,kicking up unnatural gale force pressure around him as they harmonized with Zeiks naten.

‘Why don’t we give THEM something to fear, MICHIO!’

-He coiled his arms together and rushed them into the sky. Synchronizing his naten with the winds, he controlled them to inscribed a seal on the ground beneath him. In an outburst of fury he unleashed a harrowing howl. White hot energy began to seep from his body, filling the sacred geometric carving beneath him with naten-

‘I challenge YOU!’

A towering Ark of blinding, icy-blue energy, raced into the expanse from his hands.

Gymhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The barren, cold and wounded land flourished, blooming under the light of Azure. The trees blossomed and the buildings returned to their former splendor. He screamed in anguish, tensing his muscles under the weight...of his guilt.

He wept.
The beam raged on, piercing through the great expanse and vaporizing debris in its path. Arcturus danced once more under the light...until the light faded.

...unleash yourself.
Last edited by Zeik on Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Michio Tribe
Drifter

Post by Michio Tribe »

‘Guilt...’

The palpitations of his heart raced into hysteria. Driving his mind into a sudden and vivid flashback of the battle with the horsemen. His eyes ran from Michio’s and quivered shamelessly where no one could see. He wiped a tear from his eyes and in the same motion forced his attention back to Kham
. Kham knew something was up, his face wore a smile but quickly turned to a gaze of concern by the wrinkling of his eyebrows and the slight parting of his lips. His body was already warm from his exercise earlier but his friends presence being here, the emotion he wore on his sleeves quickened Kham’s own heart beat. Just their mere presence was a symphony of drums. TJ looked at her father, then looked at her uncle, the air was dry, even when the sun was down she began sweating too.

‘Never THAT!’
Zeik shouted in berserker-like fury, his voice resonating with the dark, low tones of his emotions.
Kham’s eyes narrowed to slits and his fists clenched out of reflex. Composure was Zeik’s greatest weapon. But she he tossed it to the winds there was no telling what would happen next. He came to fight alright, and
With his breath, he whisked the ashy-remains into a turbulent gust behind him. He couldn’t escape the images of death or his feelings of powerlessness.
“Tj… Braids. Now.”

Kham whispered to his daughter among Zeik’s proclamation. He let his hands fall open, and his daughter, without hesitation grew twice her size with silver hair and one good eye. She also manifested a satchel, and inside of it like the ancestral braids of Gaia. Her shimmering silver hair to be precise, woven in thick three strand twisted pattern that she began wrapping around Kham’s hands and feet with an urgency so dire you’d think the planet would explode. Gaia hadn’t taught TJ much, and TJ in her heart never questioned why, she figured it was just Michio culture to figure shit out on your own. But Gaia did teach TJ how to wrap her father’s hand and feet before a battle. The strands of hair felt so soft in her hands, she always wondered just how they were just a viable weapon but she’d seen her dad use them, and he knew what he needed them for.

‘Vescrutia has given everything and still they take!’

Zeik couldn’t undo all those who’d gave up their lives, or the scars left on his home.

‘I came here...to send a message! I know they’re watching, I know they’re plotting and I welcome the FUCKING challenge! Their light...isn’t lost.’

The winds were stirred by his naten ,kicking up unnatural gale force pressure around him as they harmonized with Zeiks naten.
Kham’s clothes buffeted in the wind his heart beat quickened rising in tempo with Zeik and TJ’s own. He considered it too, he knew that on that day the boundaries of this world were realized and after the Heralds came he felt like an animal in a cage, waiting to be experimented on again. Kham wanted to give them something to fear, that this cage beast would not sit idle! Zeik’s mighty winds lashed TJ’s hair as she finished wrapping her fathers feet in between his toes up to his calves. Now his hands were covered in Gaia’s glowing braids and his feet were shrouded as well. They always felt warm. TJ ducked her head as she sprinted away to find a safe place to observe. Even among the smoldering chaos, she couldn’t help but hide a smile she was about to witness something magnificent.
‘Why don’t we give THEM something to fear, MICHIO!’
Kham’s eyes shot open and he clenched his fists again adjusting the tightness of the braids on his fingers and toes to comfortable levels. All over he felt warm, antsy, like he was teetering on the edge of a cliff about to hurl himself off a mountain. He watched Zeik [quote[ coil his arms together and rushed them into the sky. Synchronizing his naten with the winds, he controlled them to inscribed a seal on the ground beneath him. In an outburst of fury he unleashed a harrowing howl. White hot energy began to seep from his body, filling the sacred geometric carving beneath him with naten/ [/quote]
‘I challenge YOU!’

Zeik shouted, a towering ark of blinding, icy-blue energy, raced into the expanse from Zeik’s hands.

‘Gymhhhhhhhhhhhhh’

The barren, cold and wounded land flourished, blooming under the light of Azure. The trees blossomed and the buildings returned to their former splendor.
TJ had secured a safe spot by then, well off into the distance and she could have sworn she was staring into the past. The whole area looked like Kemet again, the beautiful structures filled with The Mother’s gifts were whole and alive. Rounded, winding structures, organic and inconsistent like nature- architecture that simply did not make sense to mortal kind ran ubiquitous through the space. Her uncle’s pain gave birth to her home. Kham would let awe wash across his face but this was combat, awe was for the onlookers. But he could feel it, Kemet. The dead in the soil all those who trusted him to protect them from the ceaseless beasts the ravagers. The buildings again alive, that provided him and his followers shelter. What type of challenge was this he wondered. Why was his friend placing all of this upon him? Kham needed answers. Luckily his fists and feet were his greatest conversation tools.
Yet again Zeik screamed in anguish, tensing his muscles under the weight...of his guilt. 

He wept. 

The beam raged on, piercing through the great expanse and vaporizing debris in its path. Arcturus danced once more under the light...until the light faded. 

‘...unleash yourself.’

There was a sudden stillness, not entirely absence of the presence of these three great warriors. It was just that Kham wanted a moment to appreciate this section of Kemet revitalized. A man as old as he had one eye on the past, and another toward the future. And he could see the children at play, the merchants shouting their wares, the spectacles of artificers making toys, trinkets and weapons for the masses. It was all so beautiful, and Kham had let them all down. He let his hands fall to his sides and looked toward the sky, wondering The Mother was listening to her children cry out for revenge. Over head the stars were flickering, the moons and suns were clinging to their respective ends of the sky. She was here. He looked Zeik square in the eye and noticed tears running down his cheek. The warm emotions boiled in Kham’s belly and made its way toward his throat he tried desperately to hold back his own tears. But his voice cracked at the beginning of his words.

“You came to say what to them? That you’re angry? Upset? Dont you think they know that? You barely spent any time here in Kemet Zeik. What do you know about the people here? MY family!

Kham shouted and he let his shoulders slouch by his sides, his Naten erupted from his body in an explosive crimson geyser of terrible power. The pain he held back from the incident burst from his soul in a shout of expansive power. The braids on his hands and feet were set aflame by the mighty cosmic power of Gaia.

“It was ME they trusted. I held their hopes in MY hands!”

Kham’s head fell low as she stood in the center of his swirling expansive Naten. TJ, seated afar was tapping on her thighs and rocking back and forth while a smile on her face. Her father needed this. He needed to unleash his pain and she was happy to see him so expressive.

“And I failed. I failed all of them.”

He brought his hands out toward his sides and stood in stillness, letting the cries of the fallen feel his ears once more. The screams, the shrieks. And he was only one man. He considered these people family. Kemet his home was destroyed, Kham knew the Astral Chaos was untouched. So what did Zeik have to feel sad for?

“I’m sad to say, you weep because the Heralds hurt your pride. I weep because the Heralds killed my family. You LEFT Kemet Zeik. YOU LEFT! I begged you to stay, I BEGGED YOU! And you left in pursuit of crystals and whimsical magics. You weep here because you finally realized we are not alone in this world and YOU were un prepared. I weep because I lost a family. THOUSANDS FELL! Who's pain is greater wizard? The wound of your pride? Or the wound in my soul!"
Michio Tribe Lore

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

A cold silence swept across the barren ash-grey plains of Kemet, the silence stuck to his skin even more so than the loose sand. He brushed the dirt from his sweaty arms before letting them fall to his side. His arms rustled against his robes and blue, charged, sparks crackled around his body. His eyes were averted to the ground, he couldn’t take his mind off the soil, depleted of naten and drained of all its lifeforce -Was this the planets fate?
“You came to say what to them?

His eyes rose from the ground, a glint of confusion flickered in his eyes. He’d intended to rile michio up, but...
That you’re angry? Upset? Dont you think they know that? You barely spent any time here in Kemet Zeik. What do you know about the people here? MY family!
With each passing word Zeik’s face twisted deeper into confusion, his eyes juggled between Kemet’s soil to Michio’s face. Trying to decipher where michio was taking his statement.

I...

He struggled to find space in between Kham’ words, staggered by the cruel implications of Michio’s statement.

“I’m sad to say, you weep because the Heralds hurt your pride. I weep because the Heralds killed my family. You LEFT Kemet Zeik. YOU LEFT! I begged you to stay, I BEGGED YOU! And you left in pursuit of crystals and whimsical magics.
His eyes narrowed to a pained Grimace as a his hesitance to accept Kham’s words and intentions were abruptly discarded.
You weep here because you finally realized we are not alone in this world and YOU were unprepared. I weep because I lost a family. THOUSANDS FELL! Who's pain is greater wizard? The wound of your pride? Or the wound in my soul!"
He motioned his posture into a familiar defensive stance, bringing his arms beside his hips and opening his palms- releasing any tension and stress from his body.

‘You wager your pain against mine in a lecture about my wounded pride? Knowing I left to build Astral City?!
Well. If it’s harsh words we’re throwing, then...behold. The nation we would have built together, here in Kemet was doomed to fall. If it weren’t by the hands of the horsemen which we all witnessed, together! Then it would have fallen by whispers of treachery and the flames of usurpers. Whispers ushered from YOUR lips! So don’t lecture me about abandonment!’’

He sighed and shut his eyes. A bright glint raced around his closed eyelids and with his left arm extend towards kham he declared his readiness

Pride

-He scoffed under his breath.-

“...So tell me again how you’re the last hope and after you, nothing else remains?’’

Michio Tribe
Drifter

Post by Michio Tribe »

‘You wager your pain against mine in a lecture about my wounded pride? Knowing I left to build Astral City?!
Well. If it’s harsh words we’re throwing, then...behold. The nation we would have built together, here in Kemet was doomed to fall. If it weren’t by the hands of the horsemen which we all witnessed, together! Then it would have fallen by whispers of treachery and the flames of usurpers. Whispers ushered from YOUR lips! So don’t lecture me about abandonment!’’
Kham narrowed his eyes to slits, and clenched his fist full of crimson power, internalizing it all- the rage, the fear, the angst, the bottled up agression of hundreds of years of kinship. It formed cracks in his skin which vented red steam from his body. It fumed from his mouth like a snarling beast. At least he finally heard him say it. And Kham far deeper than any blade. Zeik honestly thought their rule would be sabotaged by him? Or was this their mutual tempers. The flames were too hot to tell now.

"You think I woul-"

Kham tried to get a word in but Zeik was finished.
He sighed and shut his eyes. A bright glint raced around his closed eyelids and with his left arm extend towards Kham he declared his readiness.
Kham didn't move, not yet. He had seen Zeik take the stance before. Feet placed shoulder with apart pivoted with the right in front of the left. Palms facing upward to produce power away from the body, or the ground. The face, chest, legs, were all left completely unguarded with the palms extended just begging to be torn from the torso. The stance looked like an invitation, which was the irony of it all. It kept the wizard open to attack, so he could counterattack. Yes Kham had seen it numerous times, but had never experienced it personally. Today was a day of firsts it seems. The two had fought before sure, rarely, but they had. They had argued before sure. But they never had done both simultaneously.
“Pride”

-He scoffed under his breath.-

“...So tell me again how you’re the last hope and after you, nothing else remains?’’
"Hmph."

Kham snorted and let the jab roll off his shoulder but he was wounded by the casual dismissal all the same. He had acquired many legends and names over the years but that particular anecdote to his legend he particularly hated. It implied he was only capable of one thing. When he desperately tried to do two. He looked to his left where TJ was seated in the distance and fanned his hand in her direction, gesturing that she move back even farther. She nodded and didn't hesitate to listen to her father.

"Here I come."

Kham let the words fall heavy from his lips and cracked his neck. The Destroyer had no formal stance. He remained as he stood, fists clenched at his sides, skin cracked and venting red steam. All the combat knowledge and forms he had learned and mastered over the years were tools that he would only use if his greatest asset failed him. His ferocity. He was upon Zeik in a moment, fist a blaze with naten cocked back at his hip only to explode toward his friends face thereafter. Any other cranium would be severed from it's body and sent flying across the planet. Kham had took many a head this way in the past. But he didn't want to kill his friend, just share his pain.
Michio Tribe Lore

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

Hmph."

Kham snorted and let the jab roll off his shoulder but he was wounded by the casual dismissal all the same. He had acquired many legends and names over the years but that particular anecdote to his legend he particularly hated. It implied he was only capable of one thing. When he desperately tried to do two. He looked to his left where TJ was seated in the distance and fanned his hand in her direction, gesturing that she move back even farther. She nodded and didn't hesitate to listen to her father.

He’d been deceived before,many times over;but, in each of those moments he could connect the lapse in judgement to either emotions or the limits of the senses.

Origin...vision”

-Beneath his closed eyelids, underneath his calm and defenseless posture - he waited. He knew better than to rely on sight alone to predict when Kham would strike, despite his stature, Kham wasn’t slow at all. It was best to rely on the harmony of his senses,Origin Vision, to defend against brute physical talent, like Michio’s.

His birth rune, more a birth mark than an engraved totem, harmonized his senses into one super organism. He experienced naten uniquely, perceiving the wavelengths of:sound, sight, taste, touch and smell in their natural element- Vibration and Light.

A continuous pulse of light and ever changing colors was one way to describe what he saw. Most of the colors he’d never seen with his naked eye and despite his attempts, he’s yet to describe them to anyone. Yet, he understands them, the colors . He knew what emotions the colors were tied to or what instincts they were preceded by. He wasn’t just seeing them, he was experiencing them- he was them through the eyes of Origin Vision.-
Here I come."

Kham let the words fall heavy from his lips and cracked his neck. The Destroyer had no formal stance. He remained as he stood, fists clenched at his sides, skin cracked and venting red steam. All the combat knowledge and forms he had learned and mastered over the years were tools that he would only use if his greatest asset failed him. His ferocity. He was upon Zeik in a moment, fist a blaze with naten cocked back at his hip only to explode toward his friends face thereafter. Any other cranium would be severed from it's body and sent flying across the planet. Kham had took many a head this way in the past. But he didn't want to kill his friend, just share his pain.
He could hear, no see, the spark that quickened in Kham’s heart. The very burst of spirit that lead kham’s s mind and muscles to propose his strike.

Yet...he hesitated. Overwhelmed by the staggering lengths of information he’d opened himself up to by using Origin Vision. His thoughts urged him to take the punch to his chin, but that was the danger of origin vision- keeping other people’s thoughts separate from your own.

However staggered his mind may be or influenced by Michio’s desires to punch him, his flames rose to his defense precisely when needed.

Radiant Blue, blaring hot , flames sprouted from the bright hue around his skin - his Aura.The flames raged at an intensity hot enough to vaporize even the most resilient metals on the planet. They fashioned themselves into a sizable forearm of intense heat, aimed to meet Kham’s fist head on.

Michio Tribe
Drifter

Post by Michio Tribe »

TJ from a distance rocking back and forth atop a jagged dagger like ruin could see these men reinforce their words with fists. As soon as her father’s feet left the ground her heart nearly left her chest and was set apace with the quickness, she curled her lips beneath her teeth and watched everything intently, in slow motion. The pounding of her fathers feat on The Mother’s face shook her bones, the heat of her uncles flames could be felt all the way out here like someone was putting a hot iron to her exposed flesh.

It was more fun predicting her father’s next move. She knew he wouldn’t accept this invitation to meet blows. It would be a waste of time. TJ’s father Kham was a collector, of knowledge, fighting styles and power true but in combat? He was a collector of a different sort. And unlike young ZK a collector of trinkets, treasures and mystical items, or Uncle Zeik a collector of knowledge, events and simple pleasures Kham was a collector of different items. He collected dignity, pride, and limbs. Yes her father was a collector. TJ grew into her older edgy self reflecting on the past of she and her sisters training. Her and her sister Kayla had this collection mentality impressed them. That everything offered to you during a fight was yours, take it, and make it your own, and do not give it back. It turned them to monsters, Kayla and TJ willingly, and fluidly tore off limbs, disarmed weapons masters with brutal force. If it entered your space, it was yours. But TJ knew her father was not a collector of fire.

She could see her father slide to a stop several feet short of Zeik Hellgate with his fist cocked back. TJ chuckled at the sight of her father, with his skin more bronze than it was mere moments ago only along the front side looking like a well done steak, yet to be flipped. If she could feel the heat this far away imagine what it would be like up close. But her father’s kah had been through worse. The Michio kah, the skin, was a symbol of your experience and your trails in mortal flesh. TJ dreamed of the day she could put her own kah through such tribulations as taking casual baths in the mothers womb, apparently it was really good for the skin.

Still she stifled her laughter and gripped the jagged piece of ruin beneath her for dear life, her father throwing a blow from a distance was even more devastating than when it made contact. It Something knowing as the Aftershock technique. With Kham several feet short of Zeik, with the momentum building in its fist he threw it forth hay-maker style which sent a shockwave of force hurling in Zeik’s direction on a colossal scale that tore apart The Mother’s face. TJ, instantly grew into her older self, and in all her own natural born strength she clung to the ruin for dear life. Her hair flapped around vigorously as the howling winds tore trees from the ground and usurped ruins from their roots, and peeled earth from the surface like a scab dust infiltrated her eye sockets but she never lost view of her father who looked like the hero she always thought he was.

Ferocity and Tact rarely went hand in hand, but in her father? They were married at the hip. No fancy foresight here, no. What Kham used was instinct and experience. And even in the most explosive of fights her father reminded TJ to never let go of the fundamentals, break your opponents stance, disrupt their concentration, then overwhelm them. With TJ barely able to hold on, and not even be directly in the front of the blast where would Zeik go if not back?
Last edited by Michio Tribe on Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Michio Tribe Lore

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

She could see her father slide to a stop several feet short of Zeik Hellgate with his fist cocked back. TJ chuckled at the sight of her father-
His eyes opened, curling into a look of suspicion. It wasn’t out of the ordinary to avoid a head on collision, but why stop so far? The auric forearm stretched out, just narrowly missing direct contact before meeting the growing force of the Aftershock.

He couldn’t verify if kham suffered any damages from the extreme temperatures, tungsten was known for having an incredibly high melting point;but, he made sure his flames peeked those temperatures.

Regardless, Zeik was light on his feet and gracefully pirouetted, igniting his Firecraft to maintain his footing by way of propulsion.

The firey appendage met the aftershock head on, bursting into flames after a brief stagger with the shockwave.

The flames dispersed, returning to his Aura, and thickened the flaming blue hue surrounding his body. Flaming tendrils lashed from his aura, bashing through the rising sands and incinerating the swirling debris of the Arcturus ruins. The tendrils deflected and or incinerated the bulk of the more damaging debris, save for a few missed trees that flew past his torso, sharpened to skewers.

He couldn’t rationalize why he’d challenge the force of Kham’s after shock, when he could avoid it using Firecraft. He dodged the furious force, ultimately jetting from the danger zone of the torrential force, but kept himself close to the ground, what little of it remained. There wasn’t a lot of stable footing anymore, Kham’s strike had defaced much of the area.

He observed his own body and the visible signs of damage, either from the debris or the explosive force of the aftershock, but his robes, as casual as they appeared, weren’t damaged.

‘You’re blaming me? How is that...fair?’

He asked. His voice monotonous and dry of any clear emotion. He guarded his heart carefully, when he felt in danger of losing his emotional grip, he’d close off from anyone. He’d become stoic as way of defense, he couldn’t risk being angry.

He formed a triangle with his fingers, using both arms, he positioned it in front of his heart and held his breath. His body faced the northern , rising sun of Xelphis and he began a cycle of deep breathing, taking in as much air as possible, holding it in.

Return to “Arcturus - The Crucible”