A Buried Future

The snow blown, ice covered lands far to either pole of Vescrutia. Dress appropriately
Dalazar Denkou
Drifter

Re: A Buried Future

Post by Dalazar Denkou »

Embreyus: I Embreyus Isshen Gamallow Denkou, Head of the Industrious House of Gamallow hereby present my vote in favor of Royal Execution. In ordnance of our desire to protect our King's legacy...though it never does my heart to send young to their deaths. The sanctity of our bloodline must persevere. I am sure the other heads would agree.

A man whose voice was rarely heard but the calculating nature of his often very stone stoic face was palpable. He was even more seldom seen as much of his time was occupied by his endeavors to push the Denkou to the next phase of progression as a Kingdom. Its internal structure its outside trade and marketing everything was a branch of his Oak-like demeanor and tenacity. The Head of the Gamallow also agreed and had complete conviction behind his words. To express that even one as cold and meticulous as he did not hold any joy from this choice...but understanding the stakes of allowing not only one but two potential wielders to survive. The balance would be thrown totally out of order. Dracovis closed his eyes making his way back to his throne. Two of the four houses had spoken. Esmeralda hadn't said a word. She stood there clasped still in the same garments she wore to assist the Queens birthing of the twins. She was stained with blood and sweat. Usually, she would never allow herself to be seen in such a haggard state. However...after what she witnessed, this siren dictated she forgo casual decorum and required her immediate attention.

I, Esmeralda Yuliana Flonne Denkou, Head of the Florescent House of Flonne hereby present my vote in favor of Royal execution. To take lives so young....to take life and return all its potential back to the primordial ocean of souls. That has always been the creed of Denkou. The fostering and cultivation of the Emerald Soul so that we might continue to grow and flourish like well-cultivated fruits the youth of the Denkou tree should take precedence. I mourn this decision… for in all my years as a stewardess to the Nobility of this house, I have never come across such a miraculous pair of children.

Myos's nostril flared. He was the strongest and most prolific child ever to be born to the House of Ri'ore, all the houses including the Flonne said it. She'd change her tune soon...

Dracovis heaved a heavy sigh.

Three of the four House had given their votes. Looking into the collective eyes of his most trusted retainers. His personally chosen Household members. He looked back to his father the two exchanged a solemn nod of understanding. He looked to his wife, his glorious bride who gave way to such a powerful birth. Her strength to remain conscious after delivering two children and still address her court. He loved each and every moment he got to spend with her. Now...he as King needed to act.

I have heard your decrees...I am honored to know the extent to which such loyal retainers would go to ensure the sovereignty of the Emerald Soul is clung to and preserved...truly I am honored. And thus...

With that being said he took his axe; The Legendary Vessel; Fulgur in hand, raised it, and sent the glare of the Emerald Kings light

"I, Dracovis Siegfried Ri'Ore Denkou 5th Emerald King; Chieftan of the Beryl Sun herby give my vote in favor of Royal execution!"

A thunderous boom soon followed after Dracovis hit the hilt of his axe against the ground as if it were a gavel. The verdict had been given. Myos would be found with a gruesomely satisfied smirk on his face.
Last edited by Dalazar Denkou on Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dalazar Denkou
Drifter

Post by Dalazar Denkou »

A smirk that was extremely short-lived for what occurred next no one could have foreseen. Save for those present during the twin's birth.  Dravocis would lay Fulgur to the side before walking over to the carriage where the twins were being held. He looked to his spawn. So tiny was Dalazar, much smaller than his brother; such a small faint magic signature. Then there was Na' Lumerie, whose power was so bold and brazen.

"Normally such a thing would be held in private with only the Heads of the royal families to be present in order to observe the fulfillment of the law. However..."

The room was soon engulfed in a terribly insidious emerald light. The king was its origin point his hands crackling with a bright electrical force. The air vibrated with an almost insufferable vigor that caused the hairs of all those in attendance to stand. It was not every day that one got to see the King show a display of power.

" To dispel the voices of those who believe that I have begun to stray from the path of the king, I will execute the twins here and now before the faces of all the royal house; Let it never be said that anyone else stained their hands of innocent blood other than their king..."

The queen who stood beside the twins the entire time looked Dracovis sternly in the eyes...for a moment her faith faltered. He though would be seen smiling, as if telling her to trust that what he was doing would work out. She stood aside, taking Esmerlad's hand. The faces of both Meridian and Myos were stained with excitement...the legacy would prevail. Myos would still be the only child of the strongest King ever. Evant grabbed his father's hand. Oberon did not look away and encouraged his child to do the same. He needed to see this...the first stone in the change of Denkou's legacy.

"Soverign art: Bannishing bolt of bane!

With that invocation, The full brutality came down as a thunderous bolt of lightning struck the twins. Force fields of magic had been placed by the four heads of the family to protect everyone else from the magical backlash of such terribly potent magic. Many turned their heads...they could not believe he would smite his own children in such a barbarous manner. Myos did not look away, reveling in the brutality of his father's might. Even though he never thought to see such ruthlessness from his father...it was refreshing to know he had not softened entirely. The room was enveloped in dazzling green light as dust and debris soon settled...what was seen...shocked the entire court.

The king's power had been nullified.

The carriage was completely unharmed, not a single hair on the twin's head had been swayed. Covering them was a magic barrier of crimson nature. Magic that was just as old as the Emerald soul and just as powerful.

Evant stared in amazement...what did this mean? That there was a force greater than the Emerald King...were the twins...immortal?
Confused didn't even begin to explain the collective befuddlement that filled the room.

"I do not understand this...how are they still alive?"

The firstborn prince said with teeth gritted and fist balled. He walked past his father ignoring the face of his mother, focusing solely on the twins. The power emanating from Na'Lumiere had also covered his brother.

"You must've held back, nothing surpasses the Emerald King's power. It is a singularity, no other force in all the kingdom's bloodlines could stand up to it...so how?! HOW IS IT THAT THIS HAS BEEN ALLOWED TO STAND?!

So deep was his anger, so unfathomable was his rage but in many ways, it was the thought process of all those who had also condemned the birth of the twins. Almost as if Myos was possessed. It also inspired much confusion and even some notions of fear. However, it is known that the origins of the Ruby Queen are indeed etched into the history of the Denkai's ancestry. No one has wielded her magic since Astral Queen herself walked the land of the living. They had always thought the Emerald Soul in so many ways to be esoteric nigh omnipotent...and yet...it had faltered?

Dracovis would fall to one knee...drained of magic power. And yet, he was smiling.

"Do you think I would suffer the looks of taking my entire kingdom through the motions of killing children just to insult that decree by not giving such a thing my all? I can assure you, young prince. I brought the full might of my magic down upon them."

Onohall rushed to his side. She would help him up and immediately begin casting healing magic on him. Aside from his magic being nullified the power protecting the twins sent whatever malic presented towards them back at the caster...he felt the full force of his own spell sent back at him.

Meridian: Ho-how can this be? What forces within the Denkou blood can stand up to that of the Beryl Sun?!

Esmerelda would stand in front of her subordinate. She knew full well what had occurred...

What you have just witnessed now is the resurrection of a power once thought to be long lost to the Denkou blood..yet it is a force that is the very hope and dream of the Denkai kingdom...The counterpart to the Asharin, birther of the Emerald Soul....what you've just seen is the power of the Masharin; The power of the Ruby Queen.

a large collective gasp, silence...then a myriad of inaudible whispers and yells.

In the cacophony of voices, the firstborn prince would be heard.

" NO! 3RD TIER CONFIGURATION; LIGHTNING BEAST MIMICRY: BLISTERING MAW OF THE LION EMPEROR!

The entire room was ignited with magical energy once more. Third-tier magic from a child? The massive and voracious lion-shaped blast was sent forth. As soon as it made contact with the twins the force was not only absorbed but the harm that would be done to the princes was instead done to Myos. Physically he received no wounds but the "feel" of the magic's harmful intent radiated through his body causing him incredible mental and spiritual anguish as if his own very soul could break. He would fall unconscious and hit the ground. The aids rushed to his side to care for him.

Dracovis looked in disappointment at how readily his child was willing to try and execute his brothers. Though Myos had always had a temper recently the King has taken note of how his attitude has been changing. He was slowly becoming more ruthless even in their training. Like a beast possessed. Though also worriedly impressed that at such a young age he was capable of such ridiculous magic power. Now the point was completely made...the twins were blessed by the protection of the Masharin, they could not be harmed by any outside force whose power did not supersede the ancient deity's might.
Last edited by Dalazar Denkou on Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dalazar Denkou
Drifter

Post by Dalazar Denkou »

-Present Day-

They had been here for several hours and Dazuma was still out cold. The amount of magical energy he used had to have been astronomical, considering he has never had access to the full girth of his magical ability. It must've been the distance between him and Mios, the farther he was from the Emerald Ascenion the less effective the curse of leeching he was under was. Evant had kept him warm the entire night. He was much closer than normal, the fire was waiting, and he was prepared, he never imagined the prince would find himself in the middle of a frozen temple.

"That was it wasn't it?"

He said softly as he prepared the lone blanket that he did bring for warmth. He had set up a few totems. Small metallic effigies that would keep lighting the fire until the magic within them faded.

"That day... I witnessed it..."

He got closer, and Dazuma's hair lay spattered around him flooding the ground like a puddle of jade. Evant own thick locs lay clouding his face. His burning amber eyes ran over Dazuma as he lay there sleeping. There was a smoldering sensation in the pits of his stomach. It was an alarming feeling for him. This was not the first time he and Dazuma had ever been alone, though, it is the first time they had ever been alone away from the kingdom.

Away from judgmental eyes...ones that would frown upon...

"The birth of a true king"

It was not an overinflated complement. Evant truly believed that if his prince. Dazuma's birth was the bringer of change for the Denkou. It was a symbol that the time for moving forward had arrived. But change...often brings discomfort and fear. Many rejected him. Treated him as the lesser of the brother because he did not possess the power they did. However, Dazuma did not allow their thinking to permeate his own. Where many would have simply succumbed to the darkness of such a fate. Dazuma instead aspired to burn their prejudices to ash not through force, not through aggression but through training and honing his body in mind with a maddening tenacity. Not just this but even diplomatically growing making it a point to earn the trust of those very people. Despite their wicked thoughts about him.

Just thinking about everything he knew his prince went through up until this point caused his heart to swell. He leaned forward. His hand traced Dazuma's jawline. His skin was so smooth, almond colored, fair as diamond. Despite having been watching him all these years, he never allowed his heart to wandering too far. He was here to serve and protect his prince. The Holder of the eldest of bloodlines. The future ruler of all his people...and yet

"Here, in this place. We are no different than common men. What I would not give, Dazuma, to tell you how I truly feel. What I see and think of you of how...I..."

Just as he was about to finish his words, so close to Dazuma his hair touched his face the emerald-colored eyes of his prince would open causing him to retreat back falling over pieces of debris.

"E-vant? Is that you?"

Dalazar Denkou
Drifter

Post by Dalazar Denkou »

Evant fumbled back, nervously trying to gather himself. It was embarrassing for him to be caught so close to the prince. His face flushed red with his desires bubbling like butterflies in his belly. He quickly bent a knee to his future King ashamed to e caught so flustered. Dazuma as he came to noticed the odd way Evant's demeanor seemed but he didn't second guess it. He was more concerned with the fact that Evant was here at all. How did he find him? Did his being here mean that he was commissioned by Myos to find Dazuma and bring him home? If so why would he not take the time while he was out cold to drag him back before the false king?

Unless...

"Evant, I demand to know what you are doing here?"

There was confusion in his tone but it was frank, stern, and authoritative. A demand indeed. Evant's eyes did not look upon Dazuma's face but only at his feet. He had not regained his composure and the tone Dazuma took with him was ...surprising. He knew he needed to tell the truth, and what he spoke now would shape the prince's entire view of him and his loyalty.

"My Prince, you are right to question, I know this must be alarming"

Dazuma scoffed and interrupted him.

"Evant...I will not repeat myself. Remove the pleasantries...did Myos send you?"

Evant face hardened. He was so worried about shattering their trust. He had hoped to have time to come up with an explanation. Dazuma did always have incredible recovery abilities.

"Yes...He did"

He gritted his teeth, he hoped Dazuma would give him time to explain. But by the time he finished confirming it was the King who sent him, Dazuma was already scrambling to grab his belongings. Dazuma 's expression conveyed hurt initially. Though, he had to be understanding as well. Myos was a terrifying force. Defying him often meant death or a fate worse than.

"I see...leave here Evant, Tell him you found nothing, your trail ran cold. Forget you ever saw me."

Evant eyes shot open and his gaze caught Dazuma's. His eyes...they hummed now with a soft yet powerful hue...his Kingsblood was awakening. Evant...was torn at this moment. He had never disobeyed Dazuma before but as it stood now he absolutely had to make things clear. Dazuma didn't have the full story, he knew nothing of what was transpiring in the kingdom since he defected...the many lives that had been taken.

"I...am sorry my prince. I will not"

As he put his blade upon his person Dazuma did look over his shoulder in surprise.

"Hmp, so Myos has sunk his fangs into after all..."

Evant gripped the ground with a vigours force. Within a second he had accosted Dazuma pinning him against the stone wall of the temple. His eyes echoed a viscous amber-orange flare that conveyed a fury the likes that Dazuma had never once seen in Evant's face. Dazuma was prazlied in shock. Outside of training Evant had never so much as laid a finger on the prince and now he had him painfully pinned against the wall. Was this his order? Had he been tasked with killing him?

"You..."

The anger in his voice cracked it, the weight of the burden that had been placed on the Urso's shoulder. They were the Kingsgaurd sworn protectors of the Realm, Inherotrs of the will of Rai. For him to be accursed of betraying the true crown. It...it...

"You would accuse me of treason?! I, who has wiped the blood from your lips, nursed your wound covered you every flaw? You would dare speak ill of my loyalty? To question over a millennium of Urso faith and commitment to the crown?!

Dazuma's teeth gritted, the power that Evant was holding him down with...it was like he was saturated with a neurotoxin. But that was not it, it was the sheer physical might. In that moment Dazuma realized, not only how powerful Evant truly was but also that he had been holding his true strength back this entire time. He never truly bested him in a single spar they had. Evant allowed him to win...

"Do you know while you've been off galavanting and running around the world in search of fairytales and adventure? The people of Denkou, YOUR PEOPLE, to whom you vowed to love and protect have been dying...suffering oppression under the false king title and you would believe that I who swore an oath of blood bone, and spirit to you would allow that snake to covert me> I will not stand here and allow you to besmirch the name, Urso...Nor the bloodline of the Ri'ore who came before you!"

Evant eyes swelled with sadness and righteous rage as the tears came streaming down his face like rivers.

He's...crying?

Of course, he is...that is the kind of man he was. To weep for his loved ones. The place he called home, the land he swore and vowed to protect. And yet, he was here. If his true aim was to harm Dazuma in any way he could have done so. If he was truly under the whispers of the Derelict King Dazuma would already be on his way back to the Kingdom. Evant...evant was right. While Dazuma was out traveling the world his people were crumbling beneath the oppressive hilt of his elder brother. He had seen many things and even uncovered secrets of his people's past. He did not, however, give much thought to what his people must have been going through. What Evant must have suffered through.

"Evant..I"

His grip intensified his fist was shaking but he would release Dazuma who would fall bottom first on the cold hard stone ground. Evant wiped his face and took a deep breath trying to regain his composure. He turned away from Dazuma who was sitting there with tears of his own.

" If you so order it I will leave this place with you in it and I will return back to the Kingdom, where I belong, and continue to help and serve the land I have sworn to. But know this and from this day I pray you never question it again. Before I am sworn to the Denkou, The Urso, or Ri'ore...I have vowed and sworn an oath to You...none else but you. Dazuma Ains Ri'ore Denkou. The 3rd Emerald King."
Last edited by Dalazar Denkou on Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dalazar Denkou
Drifter

Post by Dalazar Denkou »

" If you so order it I will leave this place with you in it and I will return back to the Kingdom, where I belong, and continue to help and serve the land I have sworn to. But know this and from this day I pray you never question it again. Before I am sworn to the Denkou, The Urso, or Ri'ore...I have vowed and sworn an oath to You...none else but you. Dazuma Ains Ri'ore Denkou. The 3rd Emerald King."
The emotion he was holding right now, Dazum scarcely knew how to hold it...so he did not. In the past few months, his life had gone from a tightly created schedule where he could only leave his room 6 hours out of the day to galavanting across the face of the mother in search of answers. To both the past and the future. He had been so stuck on his journey that he tried to stuff down his feelings of homesickness to keep him from turning himself in. He had to close his heart to his home, even coming to resent them for the pieces of the past he had discovered.

"E-Evant...I"

Evant...he was not of the Denkou-Shi. He was part of a new age of Denkou who have only ever sought to be pillars of fairness and protection for those who cannot protect themselves. The Urso of this current era was not the "Black Haze" they were once known as walking towers of chaos and mayhem sowing nothing but discord and destruction. The Grizzly mages of the House of Urso are the sworn protectors of the Ri'ore the barbed shield to the royal blade. Honor, dignity, and resilience were the markers of each of their kin.

These were the values of those born from the house that the man who has sworn undying loyalty to him would one day lead. The man he...

"You had no idea...yea I know"

Evant said gathering himself before turning back to face the prince. His hair was ragged, and so were his clothes. He had been furiously keeping tabs on Dazuma up until his exclusion with some wanderer he met at a tavern. He lost them before they reached the desert and has been searching for him vehemently since. He rarely slept, just enough to keep the energy to continue his mission. Finding Dazuma before everyone else who was searching for him did. He never expected to find him using such a powerful spell from his birthright.

Dazuma's face... was full of tears. He was so frustrated with himself. How could he push away the people he was fighting so hard to save? He was embarrassed, to say the least.

"My prince, my sole purpose for the last several months has been finding you. Things have gotten...complica-"

Before he could even finish Dazuma thrust himself into Evan't arm hugging him with as much force as he could muster. The tears cascaded down his face.

EEvant! You've, you've been...all this time...I... I thought. I thought you would hate me and yet."

He could barely get his words. This entire time he felt so alone, scared at every moving shadow never truly being able to get a moment's rest in fear that his brother would find him. Fearing that he was facing this world alone with no one at his back. This entire time, his closest friend was at his back. He never truly was alone.

Evant was shocked, they'd never embraced each other in this way. It was not uncustomary for the Urso to greet their loved ones with hugs. For him though, to embrace Dazuma like this...to feel the warmth of his cheeks, the wetness of his tears.

The weight of everything he had been holding in. Evant could not help but tear up and hug him back. How lonely he must've felt, he wanted to ask what Dazuma had learned on his journey, what truths he had discovered. Right now though, he felt that this moment should not be sullied with words. At this moment he knew that Dazuma needed to know just how loved he still was...

Dalazar Denkou
Drifter

Post by Dalazar Denkou »

" My Prince..."

He grabbed him tighter his large arms encompassing all of Dazuma as his cloak fanned the flames next to them. He held onto him swearing into the reaches of his very soul that he would not dare release him again. To lose him meant not only losing his kingdom's future.

It would mean him losing his heart as well.

Dazuma's bravery inspired Evant, despite his lack of power the furious storm that was his passion and the flare of his convictions often spoke life into him. To him, Dazuma would always be the strongest of the Royal three, if not for the way his very soul could move the mountains impeding his path. Evant stood so tall before him emboding everything that Dazuma would see a king to be. Firm, stalwart, but with a heart that burned with the voracious passion of a nebula of suns. His voice boomed like the release of a supernova commanding all around him to pay heed. His creed was solid, affirmed when Evant spoke one knew action was soon to follow. His speech was like a universal promise, a foretelling of events sure to come just as certain as the moon would set and the sun would rise.

"Come, let us enter Iribrium. We will hide from each other no longer"

Iribrium was a complicated yet highly well-managed system of energetic pathways created through a combined manipulation of the innate telepathic ability all Denkou possess, naten the natural energy that flows through all things coupled with their ability to manipulate electricity via magic. Here they could convey their truest intentions unable to shield themselves. Unabitaed by the worry that anyone outside of them would learn their truths. The resonance of magic became inescapable and before Dazuma knew it the world around them faded into a dreamscape, a meeting place, a conjecture of their essences. The very face of the mother seemed to melt around them, in reality, it was the hue of their magic resonating, their souls meeting. The light of this resonance began to fill the space of the newly revitalized temple. The domain around them mirrored their feelings, it was bleak murky splotches of uncertainty. Dazuma would feel the might of Evant's arms pulling him in holding him as if they sat within a vacuum of space. The darkness became more solid as an array of various shades of amber etched themselves into the expand.

"My Lor-Dazuma, you must know what you mean to me. If Myos, your brother, seeks to tear the skies asunder to impede the coming of your rule. Then I swear to use my bare hands to hold its seems in place. If it is your destiny to be the Beryl Sun whose light guides and illuminates all things it touches. Then let me be the Amber Moon to help carry the burden of your voyage through the cosmos. I cannot leave your side again...let me swear by my very blood my unwavering wish to remain by your side now and... forever."

Evant said this as he lifted Dazuma's gaze by his hand softly urging his chin upward closer to his own. He couldn't continue to withhold his heart any longer. He didn't care how it looked or how they may be viewed. All he cared about was until he could draw breath no longer, he would fight by his side. Fully trusting in the whims of his future king's alignment. For Evant knew that whatever the path he would lead him upon would be one that would see their homeland freed and their people smiling once more. Iribruim began to manifest a world fashioned from Evant's proclamation his new promise being forged in the pits of their being's. Dazuma could scarcely believe this was happening. So long had his heart been tethered to Evant and even though he always felt wisps of his deeper feelings he only ever felt them as fleeting murmurs. An elongated look, an awkward incident. This was different, no longer were his heart desires faint whispers gifted to the winds with the hope that Dazuma's ears not be deaf to them. No, what Evant was bringing before Dazuma was a declaration of soul, a consecration of spirit. His love lay bare.

" You would help me shoulder this? Sometimes it feels as if the weight of the entire cosmos rests on me, within my hands. It can be so draining, for the last few months I've felt so alone wondering whether what I was doing would amount to anything. Maybe the gossip is true...maybe I cannot defeat Myos. Can I truly be Ki-"

His words were cut short as Evant's lips met with his. The brilliance of their soul filled the entirety of the expanse with a gorgeous blend of Blue, cobalt, and amber flares bursting into existence creating entire nebulas and galaxies as Dazuma let loose his inhibitions. He had spent the last year of his life holding himself in not being able to share the burden of his duty with any around them. He could not trust, he could not confide. He had to remain form...rigid against his nature. The Emerald Ocean signified more than just the unexplored depths of the King's might but spoke more so to the insurmountable weight that carrying a legacy over twenty millennia old comes with. A destiny that spoke true to the seldom-known reality. To be King; A sovereign, meant more than being a pillar. It meant being the very foundation on which that pillar exists the cornerstone from which all else blooms. To aspire to be mountainous.

As the weight of the Emerald Ocean filled his being Evant would also learn the truth of the Denkou that Dazuma had learned during his time in Uran. The true weight of his people's crimes across the face of Vescrutia. The Denkou-Shi. Their forefathers were not the humble pilgrims they were taught to believe. No, the Denkou-Shi were a blight upon the face of early Vescrutia who robbed others of both land and life for the sake of power spreading the bloodthirsty dogma of their wicked deity. The Asharin, the bastion of the Emerald King's power was not some omnipotent god but an ancient Fae, a Djynn of Lightning who struck a dark deal with the first Emerald King. In exchange for the full scope of the Djynn's knowledge and power, The Denkou-Shi needed to eradicate the natives of the Emerald Ascenion, The Jokai. This revealed an even deeper truth. The Emerald King was not the singularity they were raised to believe. There were three other Djynns all tied to a singular purpose. To become the strongest. The Daishin-Djynn of Fire was the patron of the Jokai and was fooled and betrayed by the first chieftain Ains Ri'ore. The Daishin is now a vengeful wraith of insidious power here to take back what was stolen and see the Denkou burn to ashes and from it the empire he once claimed. This is the being that was behind all the chaos in the main kingdom. This was the soul that invaded his brother's body and was responsible for the death of his father.

Evant was in total disbelief but knew here no life could be forged, not with their souls so tightly knit. He could have never imagined a truth such as this and could only weep that Dazuma had been carrying this all alone for so long. As their lips parted Evant let the initial impact wash over him before he spoke.

"So this is the truth of our origins then...this is the blood-stained legacy that our precursors erased from not only our books but our minds. I cannot hide how troubling it is, shit, how hard of a pill it is to swallow"

Dazuma's gaze drifted downward shame began to rise within him.

"We though are not the Denkou of old. The kingdom your father built thrived for eons as a happy thriving loving land. Yes, the sins of our people are great indeed. You though, Dazuma. You are the agent of change. The True Emerald King. The Cosmic Unifier. The Beryl Sun; The Emerald Ocean. You who bear not only the combined trust of all four royal Houses of the Kingdom. But trusted with artifacts most dear to them, their sacred treasures. Was it not you who channeled the Lightning Lord's blessing and bellowed your first decree at the very heavens above? You are as worthy of a king as any even more so as much of one as you yourself believe you to be. With but your will alone you turned back the hands of time themselves and brought this entire structure back to its glory days. You have both in you a word that can not only be used to crush your opposition but a word that can literally breathe life into what was once barren. How you shape the world all depends on who you know yourself to be...I want you to tell it to me. Here and now, tell me what it is you decide. Let your magic speak it to me and know that I will be by your side long after our physical forms melt into eternity"

"My Knight..."

Said Dazuma as he gently pushed back his hands on Evant broad chest. His eyes and beryl mirrors reflect the brilliance of Evant's soul. His amber eyes flared as if the very blood of the universe flowed through his veins. In this, this specific moment in time and space Dazuma saw Evant in all his glory. Evant looked down seeing his own light in Dazuma's eyes piercing the veil beyond the confine of his soul to see the very depths of Dazuma's own essence. At that very moment, Evant felt overwhelmed with emotions. Behind Dazuma's eyes rests the font of his birthright the well of his being with depths still unknown. The Emerald Ocean, the Nexus of all was all he would ever be. The world around them began to mirror the grand hall of the Emerald Palace a gorgeous concoction of stone, metals, and gems. In the center rested the twin thrones with Evant and Dazuma standing before them.

"I can hear them you know, the screams of my people shouting for their king for the head of defiler. They called to me constantly reaching out through Iribrium so loud were there agonies that I severed my connection to sleep...I fear they felt abandoned. I have heard the vengeful curses of the fallen Jokai and the many others whose murders our power was built upon. If you have done nothing else Evant you have spoken the truth. I can no longer afford to question my standing amongst the beings of this world. No longer can I shy away from my duties or the accountability that comes with the crown. I have kept the charade of not feeling ready long enough. One is never ready for the call of the Sovereign... You either fall..."

The string of galaxies and nebulas congealed into one massive singularity as the convictions within Dazuma also began to thicken and center. He was grounded, rooted even, now having been freed of his insecurity. It was knowing that the one person in this world who stood by his side would forever remain. Now he felt like he could shoulder the weight of the ocean itself. And with that came an awakening. He leaned in once more allowing his soft lips to grace those of Evant's. His spiritual form began to shine becoming so bright it began to banish the amber wisp around them. As Dazuma placed a bit of space between them he found himself surging with an almost celtrial vigor eons of people, places and things began to shift through him. He could feel it, just like he felt right before he released the magic spell earlier. Dazuma's unique magic was known as Conviction. The stronger his conviction the more potent his magic power became and with one you calling it is to bring together the vagrant stars above what Dazuma understood now was that he could no longer shy away from the truth.

" Or Rise!"

He would become that which would shepherd his people toward reality. The veil was now lifted and even though the truth would shatter thousands of years worth of contentment from that point they could begin to heal as a community and possibly restore with those they have wronged. Before any of that could happen Dazuma needed to defeat his brother. He needed to confront the Daishin. That could not happen until he found his brother and they completed the Path of Kings. Where he would face the spirit of the last Emerald King, His father who could then bequeath to him the knowledge of the larger scheme at play here.

"Evant' as my most loyal knight and treasured retainer let your ears be the first to bear witness to the consecration of my words."

Soon the might of Dazuma's will alone control and dominate the dreamscape of Illibrum bringing the visage now to a wondrous vision of several nations united in a world of peace and tranquility. The world Dazuma now would strive to bring into reality.

"I, Dazuma Ain's Ri'ore Denkou vow by the mantle of the Third Emerlakd King, he who is to be known as the Beryl Sovereign. I will eradicate the hatred that has infested my kingdom and root out the darkness in the hearts of those who have lost at the hands of my predecessors. Here and now let the reaches of the cosmos above and the depths of the abyss below know. That I will give the last of my soul to see this word become reality. I will save them and I will unite us all!"

Upon speaking these words the magic power had grown to such realm splitering heights it soon became too much or even Iriribum to hold causing the space to crack. The limiters on his spiritual power had all but vanished and he could feel so much more of his birthright flowing through him. He knew now he had the means to make it to the Path Of Kings and succeed where many had failed. The restoration of the Denkou and the world they had harmed. They returned to the fire they made in the temple. Evant would be holding hands with Dazuma gazing at him as his magic began to settle.

"Let's go Evant, there is much to be done, namely finding Nazuma"

" By Your lead... My King"

Return to “Nieves Landscapes”