Training in The Frozen Wastes

The snow blown, ice covered lands far to either pole of Vescrutia. Dress appropriately
Sheng
Drifter

Training in The Frozen Wastes

Post by Sheng »

The Frozen Wastes, a area of Neo Nightmare plagued by a endless winter making the the coldest area of Ves. With temperatures falling well below basic living conditions, and many parts of the area averaging around 5 hours of sunlight every day it is considered a death trap. Also along with the fidget climate The Frozen Wastes also house terrifying creatures strengthen by the unforgiving region. The lack of resources of the area has put many of these creature and constant survival mode fighting for anything possible to better improve their chances of survival. Many adventures, survivalist, and treasure hunters have come again and again to this area seeking thrill, fame, potential fortune and more from the area. However, few if any ever return from this area quickly claimed by the cold embrace of Mother Nature.

As a blizzard surges around the area within the snow and ice a figure could be seen slowly but steadily moving through the storm. Looking closer on the figure its could be seen as a rather large hulking mass with was due to being completely covered with ice and snow from continued exposure the the current ragging blizzard. The figure would continue to trek through the blizzard for sometime as it moved through the area it would time to time come across the corpses of many different creatures, some with be the frozen bodies of past adventures the other of beast either defeated by stronger monsters or simply by nature itself. Despite this tho the figure would pay them no mind continuing forward deeper into the Frozen Wastes. Suddenly as the figured continued to move through the frozen tundra the a loud roar would bellow through the area cutting through the noise of the blizzard almost as if it nature its self was being challenged by this roar. Despite the loudness of the roar because of thickness of the blizzard toppled with the raging winds pinpointing the exact location of the source of the roar was no easy task. The storm would slowly begin to die down and snarling and growling could be herd from multiple directions through the blizzard obviously closing in on the figure which was standing motionless. After a few moments of tension the sounds of movement would stop causing the area to seem to fall silent as if waiting in anticipation for something to happen. Suddenly as if materializing from the blizzard a large primate like creature would suddenly appear behind the motionless figure carrying a massive boulder of ice.

As the creature reveled itself while its mouth was close its throat could be seen somewhat vibrating and the from the forward direction of the standing figure more growls/snarls could be herd as if the creature was still approaching from the front. Also with the appearance of the creatures white snow/ice covered fur acting as a type of camouflage its hunting methods become obvious where in combining its interesting ability to throw it voice while remaining almost completely hidden while in the blizzard it seemed almost to easy to sneak up on its prey. As the creature revealed itself from its camouflage it would take no time to hesitate with trivial thought like what the figure was standing in front of it, or why it was here thoughts like that only caused hesitation which in this area meant death and thus would instantly slam the boulder down toward the figure with tremendous force. As the boulder impacted the ground it would cause massive shockwave not only creating multiple cracks and ripples through out the general area but the shockwave would also cause the blizzard to completely scatter causing the area to clear up. The creature would not react much to its attack seeing this nothing more as another kill another meal. The creature would then prepare to lift the boulder to inspect what it had killed when suddenly a loud cracking noise could suddenly be herd.

"Ahhhhhhh!!! Finally I was wondering how long before one of you came along."

Suddenly multiple crack would begin running through the boulder originating from the bottom of the boulder when the creatures fresh kill should be. It would only the a few more seconds before the boulder would completely shatter cause the creature to take a few large steps back as it was currently unsure of what was going on. As the debris from the destroyed boulder could continue to fall the ground, from the large crater made from the boulders original impact the figure could be seen slowly walking its way out of the crater. However, as it walked out of the create more then likely due to the power of the impact the ice that was originally covering the figure could be seen having multiple cracks in it and would quickly begin falling off. As the ice began to fall of the figure it would quickly begin o decrease in size and would begin have a more human form to it. As more ice continued to fall off the figure would finally fully emerge from the crater would simply stand facing the monster as it continued to size the figure up.

"Man I came here with the plan of training against both the environment and the powerful creatures that roam these lands, but since I have been here not a single creature even tried to approach me. Its probably do to innate primal/animal instinct or something along that line so I ended up walking around longer then I would ha..."

Before the figure could finish is long winded talking the creature would suddenly roar and charge forward toward the figure. Almost instantly closing the distance between itself and the figure it would quickly raise both of its large arms and slam them down causing a large amount of snow to erupt upward in a flurry. The monster would roar again as it would begin pummeling the ground with is fist over and over, while the monster was not sure what/who this figure actually was it already knew that if it could survive being hit by its large ice boulder from earlier it should not be taken lightly. This would continue for a bit before suddenly the monster arms would abruptly stop moving as they his the ground one last time. The monster would then quickly being to struggle as it attempted to move its arms which seemed to be being held in place like a child having a tantrum while being held by its parent. On close inspection it could be seen that the figure was not standing on top of the hands of the monster putting down enough force to keep the large monsters in place. With those last few hits tho the last of the ice would finally fall of giving a clear picture of the figure. The figure would be revealed to a man appearing to be in his mid 20s, with spiky white hair, despite the area the man would be dressed rather light waring a casual blazer over a white tank with slacks and boots. This man was Sheng Koudoutai a member of the Neo-Nightmare who is known extreme training methods to better improve himself, and it seems this time his training involved enduring the colds of the Frozen Wastes while training agains the powerful monsters of the region. It should be noted that on close inspection it could be seen that shaman like marking where currently covering Sheng's body meaning one of his 13 Zodiac Spirits where currently active. This specific spirit was Yomigami the Dragon Zodiac Spirit which possessed they power of recovery showing why Sheng was able to currently be in the Frozen Wastes in such light clothing, Yomigami constantly healing any frostbite Sheng's body would obtain and gradually improving Sheng's resistance to the cold climate.

"You know you it rude to interrupt someone when they are speaking, even tho I have Yomigami currently active to constantly heal my frostbite these zodiac spirits are not ones for conversation so I thought even with a monster it would be nice to talk to something for a bit. But I guess I can understand considering the situation so instant of just wasting my breath lets just cut to the chase and why I'm here in the first place."

Sheng would then jump back allowing the monsters arms to the suddenly fly upward from the suddenly release from its struggling. This would cause the monster to fall on its back and tumble a few feet away from Sheng, however the monster would quickly recovers pounding its fist on the ground and roar at Sheng obviously enraged by his antics. This roar from the monster despite its means to intimidate or scare SHeng would simply cause the man to crack a large smile over his face seeing that this creature still had a lot of fight left in him. Sheng would then clench his fist while taking a fighting stance toward the massive creature.

"Alrighty big guy lets go, because I need to keep Yomigami I can only use my physical abilities against you so I would say this will make this a good fight so don't disappoint."

With that said and one last roar from the monster both individuals would quickly charge forward toward each ready to clash at full force.

Sheng
Drifter

Re: Training in The Frozen Wastes

Post by Sheng »

After a few days had passed within The Frozen Wastes the area that Sheng was last seen clashing with the giant snow monster had been completely altered by the clashing of the two power houses. Where there was once just a large ice plain was now more reminiscent of a war zone. The once clean blanket of snow and ice was now riddled with large craters and large mounds of earth having been uprooted from the ground and thrown around the area. Suddenly a large explosion would occur not for from the destroyed area causing more rubble to crash around the area. From the explosion a small figure would erupt from the smoke and snow and slide across the area a few yards away from the initial blast. As the figure cleared from the smoke it could be seen this figure was none other then Sheng himself while covered in dirt, snow, and a few bruises was still standing strong. From the initial blast a large arm around poke out from the smoke and with a might swing would cause the rest of the smoke to disperse revealing the snow monster was also still up and about. For the last few days Sheng and this snow monster had been locked in a continuous battle trading one blow after another with one another. While the snow monster would roar and snarl as it would continue to swing and swipe at Sheng in an attempt to capture and devour him, Sheng on the other hand could be heard continuously laughing as he would continue to dodge and counter the monsters attack.

"Come on big guy got to do better then that if you want to catch me!"

It was obvious to anyone observing this clash that Sheng was not so much fighting to defeat the snow monster but was using it as training. Sheng was using the unforgiving climate of The Frozen Wastes along with the relentless attacks of the snow monster to push his body further and further past his natural limits. The few bruises on his body where the simple results of him slipping up and actually taking a full hit from the snow monster. Lucky the combination of Sheng's natural endurance and Yomigami the Dragon Zodiac Spirit constantly healing his wounds was allowing Sheng to endure and keep going. It should also be noted that despite fighting this creature for a phew days now Sheng had not thrown a single attack at the creature as the point of this training session was to build up his endurance not just mindlessly attacking creatures of the area. However, while continuing to dodge and block the attacks of the snow monster suddenly Sheng would feel a vibration in the back of his pocket. This would cause Sheng to suddenly disappear in a blur of speed momentarily confusing the monster as Sheng would appear quite a distance behind the monster as he would dig into his pocket and would pull out a small communication like device which was Sheng's C.O.R.E communicator.

"I'm surprised this thing had not been broken yet...Then again Cross did say something about this one be reinforced specifically for muscle heads."

Sheng would simply wave off the obvious insult added in that description, as he would quickly open the communication device to see what the message was. As the snow monsters would finally turn around to notice where Sheng had disappeared to all the color would drain from Sheng's face as he would read the message. This was not only a urgent message but a summon from Kham himself to his office in the C.O.R.E base. Truth be told Sheng was suppose to be at the C.O.R.E base on standby for moments like these but because of quickly becoming restless had left for the Frozen Wastes to train, honestly not expecting to be summoned by anyone anytime soon especially not from Kham himself. While continuing to look at the message with a pale and worried expression the snow monster would suddenly appear right on top of Sheng and would swing downward with a powerful punch aimed to crush Sheng to a bloody pulp.

"Fuck..."

Was all Sheng would say as the snow monster's fist would come crashing down planning to crush Sheng into a bloody pulp. Although before an impact could even occur Sheng would raise his hand catching the fist of the snow monster stopping it before it could make an impact. As the marking around Sheng's body would quickly begin to recede from his body Sheng would throw the fist of the snow monster back the force causing the snow monster to fall over. The snow monster would not stay down long quickly recovering and standing up ready to engage Sheng once again. However, the moment the snow monster stood up Sheng would already be right in the creatures face with a different patterns or markings around his body. At blinding speeds Sheng would deliver a powerful kick to the jaw of the snow monster causing it to fall over yet again. This time tho after hitting the ground the snow monster would be motionless completely knocked out. Sheng would then land on the ground right next to the head of the snow monster and would release a large sigh.

"Sorry big guy using Yumigami (Rabbit) to increase my leg power might be a little over kill but trust me a little nap is better then Kham coming here trying to find me. Don't worry you will wake up shortly and if your interested we can pick this up later.

With all that said Sheng would then bow to the snow monster before taking a crouching position and with on push from his legs would rocket high into the air leaving a massive crater. High in the air now angling himself toward the C.O.R.E base gathering a little Naten in his feet Sheng would rocket toward the base hopping to make it there before Kham could even figure out Sheng was not at the base like he was suppose to be.

Return to “Nieves Landscapes”