A Still Calm: The Zero Contract

Temple of the Lucis Acolytes
Sophia Van Gongorei
Drifter

A Still Calm: The Zero Contract

Post by Sophia Van Gongorei »

Of course she had returned here. This was the place where everything had occurred. The origin of her imprisonment. Two centuries she fought through the depth of the Low Realm only to be spat out after becoming one of the most notorious beings to ever be imprisoned there. It was their pleasure surely, to have had one such as her granting many of their apex's death by her hand, and in some cases, her heels. The sharp clacking of her stride could be heard echoing through the currently empty halls of this, Her domain. One of many little conclaves she had raised in the necks and crevices of this slowly rotting world. They all paled in comparison to her Alzucar.

“Hmp”

She said as she began to judge the décor of this particular Atelier. Each one raised in her name serving as an extension of her deadly reach. Slowly she was amazing, gathering, coercing Vescrutians to join under her banner. The Ateliers allowed her to exist in many places at once.

As any ruler should.

This particular site was dubbed “Night Shade” a very well known plant in the underworld she resided in. A staple for any being in the profession who preferred the light delicate touch of a poisonous whim as the means to snuff out their target. The decorum mirror as such. The color scheme was riddled in various dark violets, fuchsia and black. How it reminded her of Ikki. The dazzling pink lights of the crystalline chandeliers like the speckled constellation of marks that made her child’s freckles. A trait Ikki despised but one that made her Sophia’s favorite.

“Oh…”

She said as she continued to the main hall. She caught a whiff of an aroma. One that she had not smelled in quite some time. She remembered speaking of it one to a member of her court. A rare spell only found in the belly of a Voracious beast known as the “ Elganar” in their language. In Vescrutian tongue it translates to “Horrid Smile” a piece of man eating plant life that were immune to flame for heat released a chemical in their skin that absorbed and dispersed it. The fragrance was epically flagrant and when saturated with lavender and rose petals produced in almost otherworldly allure.

“Perhaps these children listen to mother after all”

A small menacing cackle bounced from wall to wall. She would have to reward Minerva for this little thought. The General she appointed to this place. She was always the first to arrive. She mandated it to be so. Every Atelier required her naten in order to maintain it’s “cloaking” spell. A powerful ability she learned after the staining of her soul. One that allowed her to cast the “scent” of the low realm over a place and assimilate it into that point. A ritual was performed that embedded a piece of her into all of them. For being a smoke and shade, to be able to be anywhere her shadow was cast was paramount. A freedom like none other. The main hall was...cute at best. Granite and marble sculpted embezzled with onyx, diamond and emerald gems stained the side of the room, whilst the middle of the expanse was clad in a audaciously long carpet. As she began walking down the hall flames began to flicker in each of the assigned amethyst carved torches. Eventually she made it to her Throne. The Cornerstone of her ambition. The symbol of her standing, the emblem of how hard she has worked. A staple to how much more lies before her. This particular contract being one.

“So much more to reach for”

The throne was a solid black creation crafted from a special ore known as Nethercite. It was incredible for mediation and soothed the naten flow of whatever it was in contact with. The seat was a rare type of satin that felt as if one sat on clouds at leisure. She turned now to face the Hall. The long flowing tail of her cape would fall to the floor dissipating into nothing before it touched the ground. Her scepter would stand on its own as she took her seat. Her posture up right, her legs crossed.

“Everything seem to be in order...now”

For the beginning of chaos and bloodshed. Her left hand would rise. It began to ooze a heinous black and green energy. Sophia would close her eyes as she inhaled. The energy palpitated twice within that single breath doubling in intensity each time.

“Come to me…”

She said softly into the ether before snapping her fingers releasing a sharp click that would constantly reverberate through the empty hall. By the time she opened her eyes, which would be a mere two seconds after the snap, Sophia was met with the site of the entire hall being filled with her acolytes. Her “daughters” littered the small palace. Not a single word was said, not a sound made. The stillness of breath abroad was almost tangible. These were the Daughters of Nyx...her Guild of deadly assassins. The hand with which she will conquer.
" I should really clean my closet, the skeletons are starting to clutter..."

Ikki
Drifter

Re: A Still Calm: The Zero Contract

Post by Ikki »

Amongst the Dozen’s of members here Ikki found herself in the front row summoned with the rest of her battalion. The “Reapers” are what the Queen dubbed them as for they were the most lethal amongst them. Though Ikki knows this she also knows that the other 5 members are far more powerful then she. Another thing she has come to question. Why was she placed on such a squad to begin with? Now wasn’t the time to question. She had arrived with Vivika, whom she ran into at the Lonely stone before being able to indulge herself with a meal. The summons was abrupt, it caused her to wonder what this change in the contract could possibly be. It does not happen, one thing their Queen was, was decisive. A keeper of her word. To call a meeting inches away from the target to be nabbed was… interesting.

“....”

Ikki said nothing, not even looking up yet to meet the Hollowed Mothers gaze. This was the custom. The stillness of this room felt like the wandering void of night itself. She did not need to see though. The eerily soft yet potent pressure that came with being so close to the Madame alerted all to her being there. It was through their bonds she allowed them to know when the time to arise was insured. She could also feel the varying energies here. Her mind scanned them all instinctively. A reflex for despite their common goal she never lets her guard down. However unlikely one of them to be a usurper to turn a blind eye to this was...irresponsible in her eyes. The Madame however...she never seemed to be phased nor worried about possible Coup d'état. Ikki always wondered what made her so sure...was it really power alone that held the Orphic Queens unit together, was it only fear?

Sophia Van Gongorei
Drifter

As her eyes opened the awe inspiring sight of her acolytes gathered here before her almost warmed her frigid heart. There was a bubbling sensation of pride growing within her that she quickly had to stuff back down. There forces were still to small to few for her to reap the fruits of labor. The true cultivation had only begun. Her firm gaze slowly watched over the room. From corner to corner her will speed through this place. She would began to sit back. Her left hand lowered no resting under her chin. Her eyes drifted to Ikki. Her little dark gem. Her soul was uneasy. Sophia had no time though to ponder over the possibilities. Her family awaited her directive.

"It is here in the hour of Ekon that we've gathered..."

Her voice seeped slowly from her lips. Her tone was declarative. It was here that the framework for all she would soon reap would be sired. It would be here, in the midst of Night Shade , the foundation was to be spurred forward. A pool of shadows would gurgle to her right. From the pits of it would be a long black formless mass. It would shape into a hand that would be carrying a tray. Upon the tray was a fresh bottle of Wine. 18th Century Ragnarok. One of her favorite blends. She would extend her right hand. Her eyes never leaving the front of her. Another hand would emerge from the pool to pour the wine into a glass. It would be handed to her before the shadows faded and the tray dissipated into nothing.

"Wayward women who have chosen power over pacifity..."

Her eyes scanned the room.

"Warriors of the night, savants of sacrifice..."

She would purse her lips as the glass met them. Slowly the contents graced her pallet with an ceremonious glee. The bitterness of the wine was complemented by the slight onslaught of sweetness that followed after. What a masterful concoction...

"Daughters of Nyx...Speak so that you mother might know who it is you serve..."

The glass resting in one hand. Her Scepter in the other.

In unison as if they were linked; hive minded even one one occurred they spoke

The Ebon Empress, Hollowed Mother. The Sacrilegious Hand. The True Nether fang; SOPHIA VAN GONGOREI!

Silence befell the rom once more...

*Snicker*

A light chuckle cracked the silence. It slowly built momentum becoming a cacophonous cackle that pierced the room It was Sophia, waling vigorously.

"Oh wait a joyous visage to behold. Rise my loved ones. Today we gather in not only preparation for the glory to come..."

She said willing the glass to stay afloat as he rose. She began walking down the cascade of stairs before her. Each step remembering to hold her presence back. Be a shame if another one of the these babes were to go insane from not being able o withstand her.

"But also to have our solemn wish made manifest"

She noticed Minerva, the general appointed here.

"Victory..."

Thesa that arcanist scholar she found scouring the Lucid South ruins...she had been a theorist of supernatural spirit behaviors. Very well known for her contributions to the field. Envied for her willingness to think outside the box, hated for her exceptionally perceptive mind and witty tongue. Betrayed by colleges who stole her research beat and raped her...leaving her to die. Sophia found her instead.

"Opulence"

Artesia. The house wench of a noble lord from the east. A keeper of incredible magic power...but born of meager blood...and never allowed to forget it.

"Freedom"

She said just stopping short of Ikki. her brazen, embolden girl... a girl who's e3yes carried a dead longing that reminded her of something she once lost.
Last edited by Sophia Van Gongorei on Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ikki
Drifter

Post by Ikki »

Sophia's cackle polarized her causing Ikki's litany of thought to change from the summons to her mother. The way she commanded the room, gave acknolemgnet to the desires and common threads of everyone here. Reinforcing each time for them all the reason they are here.

The pursuit of freedom. And the power needed to bring it about. Each woman here was once shackled to some form of capitalistic often partriartical system. Be it the servant of a king, mid-wives, a kingdom court-appointed mages, and sorceresses. All now coming together for the sake of wanting to be something they were never allowed to be before meeting the Ebon mistress.

Themselves

She had known most of the people here her entire life and yet she has never been able to shake this whisper like feeling of ...

Loneliness

Sophia stood now before her. Radiating an otherworldly aura. How did she become the woman, the entity she was today? There were..lapses in her memory of her child hood. She couldn’t remember if she and her mother have had any fond memories to speak of. All she knows is that her whole life she has had a deep thering sense of loyalty for her Queen. For her she would readily give her life. For her cause she would readily discard her soul.

But...why would she feel so strongly for someone who.

Um Ikki...snap out of it

A quaint whisper echoed in her mind.It was Ilia, the closest thing to a friend ikki had.

Telepathy

It was a passive way of communicating for the guild. Ilia gave her a look that made her eyebrows look as if pointing to Sophia. Ikki started blankly for a second before looking back up towards her moth who was staring at her with a soft yet stern smile.

“My Queen, we are Honered to be here. I am in question. For what reason have we been snatched from our contracts?”

There was a goal, a focus. That all she had time to care about right now.

Thanks Ilia

She whispered

Sophia Van Gongorei
Drifter

The void mother stood tall. Her soles rested upon the mountaintop of her heels. Yes, an explanation. The cause of the concern her abrupt summons had caused. Sophia's eyes constantly hummed with a very contained amber fury. Most could not take her fierce gaze despite how lax she appeared.

"You've right to question my dear. I'm sure many of you were inches away from a kill"

She said with a slight snicker. This was not a dictatorship. They revered her so intensely that she worried they feared her more than cared. Not with them no. The world was hers to conquer but the hearts of her children...those she wished to earn. Particularly; Ikki.

"Rise my daughters...you've not errored against me."

And they did just that. A collective breath of relief harmonized amongst them. Who could ever guess what Sophia's aims ever truly were? It was a constant feeling of subconscious anxiety. Something she hoped to one day assuages them of. She offered her hand to Elana, a woman she had met in the village where her witch's hut served. An astute woman she was the only one in the entirety of that village that could be certain of Sophia's true nature. Her anthem, Pure sight, gifted her the ability to see beyond the veils that folks cast to hide their real faces.

Elana: My queen, we arrived as soon as we heard. Please, tell us...how can we serve.

Sophia's intense gaze would soften just a bit. As she lifted Elana from her prostrated position.

"The being before you is not my true physical self. Tis but a shade I crafted in order to interact with the world beyond the borders of the land I know found myself bound to...an inconspicuous island known as Rural."

She embraced Elana, hugged her, and upon releasing her proceeded to make her way through the 15 different women gathered here. Embracing each of them as if she birthed them herself.

"There were...complications to my summoning, a beast of a man was the one who called me from the reaches of the Nether. Now I am bound to him and he to me. A wretched fate...for me to be sure."

Eventually, she reached her original poison before Ikki. She did not embrace her as quickly. She gazed into her child's eyes. The swirling chaos behind her glare was almost palpable.

"So...the original contract is now null and void...as I am now I cannot act as needed to see our end goal fulfilled. That is why..."

Then she embraced Ikki, hugging her close like one would do a cub they wished no harm to befall. Sophia knew though...she could coddle the girl no further. None of them in fact. For what she now aimed for would require them to act where she could not, to touch the things beyond her grasp. In the hours, days, and months to come. Each of them would need to steel their resolve. To advance their abilities far beyond where they were now. They had to become the hands of Nyx, an extension of her reach. So that when the time came...she could claim the power of Rudral as her own.

"I would humbly ask you, my daughters, to become a plague of black and violet the likes this realm has never seen. Become the whispers behind the barkeep stories of death that stretches over their lands. Becoming the unseen that haunts their every waking moment. In order for me to grow, to progress to reach the pinnacle I am destined for...you each will have to serve as my hand...as my daggers...my reapers."

She released Ikki. Her face was like that of stone, it needed to convey the seriousness of what she was asking. As the unseen hand, as the black spread, they would embark on a crusade killing in her name. But not just any creature would do...she needed the lives of a very specific kind of creature.

"Through my...work as the lands healer I have found that there are beings known as Anchors...creature places, things that have awakened their arbiter. A muscle all Vescrtuians possess that lets them tap into the massive and ancient reservoirs of energy throughout the planet. Those who have taken this farther possess a power known as the Cordis nova."

She turned from them all making her way back to her Ebon throne. Ordained in an array of crystals and metals.

"These beings are...exceptional. The cream of the Vecrutian crop and if I am to ascend to my rightful place as the Queen of all...I will need these...anchors. Moreover...the energy that the death of an awakened arbitor would produce. Normally I myself would have to strike the final blow, however..."

She now turned to face them once more in the same fluid motion grabbing hold of the glass of wine and sitting leg folded over the other. Her grace knew no bounds.

"This is purely beyond my current ability. But not your children. If I were to impart a piece of my essence into you...what you kill I kill...what I kill I absorb. I will not lie to you nor will I force any of you to take on this role. It is not a choice to be made lightly. Though vast my power is...damning. The weak will risk losing their sense of self the daunting call of the Nether that swirls within my blood."

She would take a tip, her eyes falling in the delight of the exotic crisp flavor.

"You will become so much more than you are... the Shade Psions are incredibly powerful as is. However, with my blessing, the mark of my household. You will become a literal force of death. A creature of entropy. My will given form. My hand given reach."

Her eyes ran through them. Some passed such fierce determination, she could tell their ambition would send them through the trail. Those were those who doubted, and feared. Ikki though...Ikki wondered what her resolve would be.

"Speak freely...think slowly. I will answer any question you have to ask me."

A coy smile as another glass was poured.

Ikki
Drifter

Post by Ikki »

Minerva wasted no time, she presented herself before the Orphic Queen ready to risk her life to serve. Her eyes showed nothing short of incredible resolve.

Minerva: My queen, you have already given us so much. Without you, I would be wasting away in a ditch betrayed by the men around me...men I once dared to call comrades. Without you, my Ebon Moon, there is no sun...thus I have no life for it became yours that faithful day.

Her words rang true and echoed in the silent space. Ikki herself was hesitant. Ashamed as she was to admit it. Two more women stepped up. Elana was one and the other is Seraph, a leopard warg who left her tribe behind to follow Sophia. Ikki was often of sound mind. Ever focused on her mother's goal. Only concerned with improving herself for the sake of Sophia's aims. Her life... its loss. Was that the fear she was facing?

Absolutley not...fear is simply a reaction... a panic and anxiety induced emotion often wrought from the space on not understanding that which is feared.

She knew fear, it was the main focus of her psionic exploits. The hesitation she felt, was nothing short of...excitement. Her abilities were great but still rough. Years of tempering her physical body to what she once considered pique form. Only to be met with an insufferable wal preventing her from progressing. Shadow breathing required an intense amount of naten not to mention a level of control and balancing that she still struggled to reach. Their targets are these "Arbitor" users. She had read little about them from what she could gauge, though, the power of one warrior unlocking their arbitor was the equivalent of 100 regular mortals. The crux though, was how would she be able to identify if one had access to its arbitor or not. Wait... is that what her mother meant? Part of this gift she was offering?

"My Queen, we have spent the better part of 4 years continuously honing our bodies and minds for the sake of one thing and one thing only."

She said as she walked past the few women who did not possess the courage to step forward. She did not view them as less than others. Anyone within an inch of the Ebon Moon could feel the madness swirling within the void that was her power. Starting in her eyes too long was often enough to bring the latent insanity within even the most passive of beings. Ikki though did not possess this fear. What she saw now was the opportunity she had been waiting for since she first was old enough to comprehend language. The path to greatness, the path to power. It was here laid out before her and she would not dare to turn it down. In order to reach the next phase, in order to find the answers to the question she sought, who she was who her people were. She knew she needed to stay by her mother's side. However faithful she needed to be, however, she needed to serve...whoever she needed to kill. It would be so, and in exchange, this world would unravel its truth before her.

"To see your vision a reality. A place where we are no longer considered the bottom of the barrel. Your ascent means ascendance for us all. Those who dared to walk the lonesome path of power. Who decided to create change with their own hands. The current rulers these "Kings" have no true control, look how many continue to suffer under their derelict system, how many of these very women you saved from them?"

Her eyes hummed with a contained fury, to this day she thought about the woman under the control of slavers and how fearsome the trade was. Even under the current king's nose in the Astral did the threat of such practices continue. Those were Ikki targets...to avenge the friend she lost long ago...

She would take on whatever form she needed, drag her very soul through the putrid depths of hell itself to see her vengeance through. The more she thought of this the more intense her gaze became vibrantly beginning to blaze with a furious violet glare.

"I... Morgiana Von Ikolo will accept your generous offer. Come whatever may, your will, will indeed be done. I stake my life on it."

There were those who were strongly moved by Ikki's words. They shared the same sentiment and allowed it to be the guiding force behind their answer. Three more women rose, one of them being Artesia. New to the art of killing compared to most but the fire in her soul burned away any doubt she passed before. In the last four years, she had become an incredible sorceress and no doubt would prove invaluable to this cause. The last person to rise was Illia herself. Ikki felt her presence standing beside her. It was always so hard to believe that she was a killer. The warmth of her soul was palpable, the kindness behind her words. Despite this, when presented with a goal, a target she was a voracious hunter. Ikki found solace in knowing that she would be by her side in this ordeal. Whatever this ritual was to be, the Daughter of Nyx would face it together.

Sophia Van Gongorei
Drifter

The passion

"Marvelous...."

The fire in their eyes

"Divine...."

The conviction blistering in their souls.

"Absolutous marvelous"

She said, barely being able to contain her vigor. The loyalty bestowed upon her by these women moved her in ways that rattled the darkness festering within her depths. When she stumbled upon each one during her astral voyage across this planet she knew that each one of them would serve a purpose higher than they could ever have imagined. Now, in this hour of Ekon, the pieces of the beginning stages of the grand play she was concocting were steadily coming together. One day perhaps even one day soon she would have all that she yearned for. And possesses the power to rid herself of this...parasite.

"You all have made me...."

Her eyes would glisten a somber amber gleam, her grip on the cup so tight from excitement the glass would shatter. The murky shade covering her form began to grow and whisk around like living shadows. She would rise her lips curling in glee.

"Ssssoo happy"

Her voice dropped in levels causing slight vibration in the structure.

"I am eternally grateful to you all. I shall strive to make sure that your hope in me is not misplaced...I will change this world..."

She said as her energy began to congeal around her.

"Now...leave me be for the next two hours. I must prepare the ritual..."

And with that they began to take their leaves Ikki was the last to leave before she exited

"Oh, and Ikki."

She appeared beside her. Looking straight into her eyes. A soft smile on her face.

"I have extremely high hopes for you."

She turned from her. Her hand still resting on her shoulder

" You are my flesh after all..."

And then she vanished only to and the light of the flames all fade the room encompassed in darkness.

Return to “Sol Gamera”