Prologue of the wind

A massive forest teeming with Naten and many natural mineral deposits. The forest is capable of leading you to what your heart desires most.
Saiya Skyfall
Drifter

Prologue of the wind

Post by Saiya Skyfall »

Her journey thus far had carried her east. Though between wastelands and toxic swamps, there was no shortage of danger. The occasional mercenary only proved a momentary spice to the fairly mundane journey.

Though Saiya loved every minute of it.

The adventure is what she dreamed of. Facing the wilderness, nature, and beasts of all shapes and sizes. Whether to use brute force or her wits; it all made her want to reach the sky even more. What wonders awaited her above the clouds?

Yet, the thought that her progress towards her destination was minuscule brought a small sense of dread to her.

"Head East, Saiya. Far past the Harrowed Waste. Beyond there will be mountains awash in beautiful colors!" Her father told her.

"The Azure Alps. Even further East beyond that mountain, on the edge of the sea, you will find the Astral City. You're dreams begin there my daughter."

His words held an underlying meaning, she knew. She was always one to work for what she wanted. So she knew if reaching the city is what she wanted, then the journey itself would be her trial.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Re: Prologue of the wind

Post by Zeik »

Zeik was returning to Astral city after a walk through the forest when he spotted a color woman in the distance. He didnt sense any danger on excitement in the air, so he figured she wasnt being pursued.

"Hellllo"

He shouted from a few hundred feet away from the girl. He was on his way to Astral City and figured if she was this close without alerting the defense, then she was accepted by the forest and lead to Astral City.

"Are you lost?"

He shouted. Resting his hands behind his neck he awaited her response.
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Saiya Skyfall
Drifter

Post by Saiya Skyfall »

She paused in her step as she heard a voice. Looking around in mild confusion, she spotted a man with dreads. The wind was still calm, but she knew better than to simply trust someone out in the middle of the forest. Especially when she encountered adversaries more often than benevolent associates.

However, the man did seem to give a very aloft vibe. His laid back like posture was at the very least calming.

"No, I'm not lost. I'm headed towards the Astral City. It's due East, correct?" She answered to be polite but did not make her way towards the man.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

‘Astral City?! I know the way and yes it’s Due east.’

He kept his distance as he spoke with the young lady. The wildlands Of Vescrutia could be very dangerous for travelers.

His voice carried through the distance with ease, it wasn’t a stretch for him to raise his voice.

‘I happen to live in Astral City, it’s just over this thicket of Trees. Normally the forest creatures aren’t so kind to strangers. You must be wounded or a kind person.’

He exclaimed.
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Saiya Skyfall
Drifter

Post by Saiya Skyfall »

Saiya seemed to completely relax at his words. She wasn't generally mistrustful of new faces. Only the fact that her journey had involved skirmishes with those with ill intent. Even the forest hadn't been exactly safe, honestly. A few creatures here or there aimed to make a meal of the young woman, but she was prepared enough to fend them off.

She would approach the man with a warmer smile. "I'm tougher than I look. Don't know how kind I could be considered to my adversaries."

Saiya bowed slightly towards the man once she was within a few meters. "It'd be an honor if you allowed me to travel with you for a bit, until we reach the city. And information on what to expect there would also help. I've never been this far from the Western Territories before."

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

‘I’m sure you’re tough, Vescrutia doesn’t create with a sick heart.’

He said gesturing for saiya to follow him. He gentle pressed against the low hanging beaches, bending then to make a clear path Like the ripple of a wave passing through the ocean, the branches bent forming a clear column to Astral City.

The light of the city could be seen from where saiya stood, several miles away.-

‘The creatures of this forest are very perceptive, they can sense fear or Malice easily. Some use this to hunt, other protect the Astral from Intruders.’

He said as he made his way through the column of knelling branches.

‘It’s a...type of pact between the forest and the chao’s, I heard.’

Saiya Skyfall
Drifter

Post by Saiya Skyfall »

A pact with nature? Saiya hadn't exactly felt that. Then again, she had less encounters after entering the forest. If anything, she could understand what the man meant simply because she had a similar pact with the wind.

At least, that's what she thought.

She was removed from her thoughts as the man cleared a path and the city came into view. Her eyes shined in amazement and she ran forward, pushing a little wind beneath herself to get a better vantage point.

"Whoa..." She breathed out. "I've... never seen anything this big..."

A small hint of trepidation entered her voice. She was used to the tiny farming village she was raised in. There biggest place she had ever seen was a township of twenty buildings.

Return to “Forest of Resonance”