Legend of the Everglow Part 1: Northward Bound

These are areas outside of the realms of the Alliance. Venture out into Vescrutia's open world and explore. Go anywhere and show us a side of Vescrutia that might not have been discovered yet.
Zero Venkage
Drifter

Re: Legend of the Everglow: Northward Bound

Post by Zero Venkage »

"Denkou... Denkou... There's the Kendai in the Burgine Forest, but they don't tend to travel as far as Duster's. The Dungaris are a rugged people in the southern part of the Merigos, but I don't think their magic is like yours..."

Zero prattled to himself, mulling over a number of groups he had come across since he ventures into the open world. Light, chants and skills with a small blade marked Bo's personality in Zero's mind. That particular set of skills set him apart from the locals around the Tarkan Plains. Their laid back lifestyle in the shadow of the Hyperion Mountains lent a sense of suspended animation to the surroundings. They were typically simple folk who lived what they called "good lives", in harmony with the mountain above and the people surrounding them. Bo clearly had deeper trials to tend to within himself, or he wouldn't have been found in that corner booth by himself.

"I don't think I've heard of your kingdom. What's the lowdown?"

Zero's eyes glistened as the phrase escaped his lips. Tales of kings and queens always got his blood pumping, patiently awaiting any mention of a hidden treasure.

Dalazar Denkou
Drifter

Post by Dalazar Denkou »

Bo couldn't help but heave a hefty sigh of both disappointment and slight embarrassment. It wasn't really all that surprising that he'd never heard of Bo's homeland. By their very nature, Denkou are enigmatic. It was this very inconspicuous way of being that hid the details of their true origins even from themselves. Bo thought to himself about which way was the best to summarize a legacy 10,000 years in the making.

"No, it is most certainly not"

Bo said as the magic that hummed in his sword rang subtly. The essence that ran through his scarf.

"The Denkou are Vescrtuian mages who have once walked the face of the mother in times as tumultuous and early as the 2nd turn." Some of the first waves of humans to plant feet on her soil."

His hand would glow green briefly. Mere seconds later spark of electricity would manifest. A globe of magical matter would wisp and churn before giving form to a mural that showed the details of the story he was about to unfold.

"This voyage was not nomadic simply for the sake of witnessing the beauty Vescrtuia held. No, it was to search for a place where they could etch their lineage upon her. For thousands upon thousands of years, they braved the wilds. Harsh winters, scorching summers, infectious fall, and springs. This gifted them vessels strong enough for the blessing they were soon to receive...one that completely would alter their way of being and thrust them into the new age...."

The magical "TV" of sorts began to shift showing not the tip of a mountain range massive in its being, one that was well known. The Emerald Ascension. Upon its peak would be a lone figure clasped in magic that hued Emerald and traces of beryl.

"The birth of the First Emerald King... A being created from the flesh of man and the merging of the soul of a primordial entity....a Djynn...One whose domain was lightning. It was at this moment, that the untold wisdom of that merging allowed for the Cheif of the tribe, My direct ancestor Ain's Ri'ore Denkou to carve into the Emerald Ascenion after discovering a glorious mineral known as Denki. It soon became the first bastion of the Denkou Kingdom and the grand never-ending storm that protects it...his creation."

The form shifted once more showing now the expansive kingdom it has become today. Over 12 massive districts (It's giving Soul society vibes). Included also would be Four Large animal-like objects. The Ant, House of Gamalow, The Mantis, House of Flonne, The Bear, House Urso, and lastly The Serpent, House fo Ri'ore.

"What was once a land covered in light and progression, where the people did not know poverty, the powers that be serve mostly as guiding post and protection now is a plane riddled in illness...a warzone of political superiority...no longer the haven we created....repellant to change."

His eyes watered just a bit...so many months spent away from home...

"This Illness I speak of is the will of the derelict King, My brother first Kin to the throne... Myos."

His eyes gained a heavy sadness

" It is known for the gene to not show up for several generations and is not for certain the first born will possess the trait. Our Father who was the reining 2nd Emerald King would be 1,000-year reign brought to an erupt end by his murder. One that my brother himself saw too. For the last 4 years since the exile of my twin brother have I felt the presence of a sinister force over my older brother. My suspicions lead me to uncover several well-hidden clues that spoke of a collection of treasures that could reveal the deeper darkness that I know is at play. What other reason could my brother have to imprison me...and his theft of my birthright, Banishing my brother?"

A statement said more so to himself than Zero.

"I am here to find such an artifact, some form of key that will unlock the pieces of my people's past, one that I pray to hold the answers to securing our future. Before my brother destroys everything we have spent the last 20,000 years constructing."

The magic would subside and Bo would rise from the ground.

"By the will of the fallen 2nd King, I Dazuma Ains Ri'ore Denkou am third kin to the throne. Growing up I never cared about my lack of power. I only ever wanted to do my absolute best to help bridge my people together. However now...I am tasked with the same goal on a much grander scale. To wield the might of the Emerald King, to provide a strength that welcomes healing and harmony. One that encourages free-thinking and innovation. I want my people who have spent the last several thousand years ignorant of the vast world around them. We have already endured so much together...they are my most prized possession...My family."

His fist tightened, his eyes glossed over with resolve.

"The Astral year, These things known as pillars, the secrets to a hidden past...Father... I know that my duty is important...but I have to admit."

Dazuma said to himself before turning to Zero and smiling.

"I have not had this much fun in my entire life! I'm grateful you let me tag along Zero Perhaps one day I will be able to return the favor and show you my homeland sometime."

"Do you think they'd have something as old as the 2nd turn in this...Uhran? What do you know of its horde?"

Zero Venkage
Drifter

Post by Zero Venkage »

"Good to know you can enjoy a good road trip. I tend to go on a lot of them. We'll make it to your place eventually."

Zero popped up and brushed the dust off his back, having enjoyed the beryl light show detailing the Denkou ancestry. It struck him as highly problematic their occupying king would exile his nephews without some idea of how to prevent them from returning to the throne. If all it takes is an artifact powerful enough to turn the tides, there might be something on this venture for Bo yet.

"Horde? Heh, they're normal people in Uran for the most part."

Bo's monologue intrigued Zero, delighted to be in the presence of deposed royalty. They always had the wildest backstories and Bo's was par for the course. Zero had a knack for being in the presence of bigwigs from Arcturus to the Jade Shores and spanning a good chunk of the world over. Lucky for them, Uran was a place known for a similar sort of gravitas.

"My homies in Uran might have something there that would pique your interest. We can see what we gotta do to leave with a souvenir after we bring these back."

Zero goes into his pocket and pulls out a tiny cloth satchel, jostling the contents in his fingers. They sounded solid and moved smoothly, but didn't seem to actually sit in his hand completely.

"I have a really good friend who's been looking for these for a while. If we're really lucky, there's a reward on the other side of this drop off."

Tossing them up and down a few more times, Zero chuckled devilishly placing the satchel back in his pocket. He then stretched himself out and turned to the tunnel Bo chose before they were accosted by the posthumous pals.

"The door we're looking for shouldn't be too far now. OR, there's another chamber this way and we might have to do another one of these things. It's a toss up at this point. "

Zero spoke casually as he made his way into the tunnel shrouded in his refreshing breeze. The faint light Bo maintained for them might as well have hit a wall of rushing water as they stepped deeper into the tunnel. With a confident chuckle, Zero turned to beckon Bo,

"Yeah, this is definitely the door."

Dalazar Denkou
Drifter

Post by Dalazar Denkou »

Having been able to catch his breath Dazuma felt well enough to continue. Out of all the folks he had encountered thus far Zero still remained the most enigmatic of them all IN his experience those who smile the brightest have most likely faced the most incomparable of darknesses. He would not pry though, perhaps Zero would of his own volitation illuminate Dazuma as to his origins. As of now though, the fact they could adventure together judgment-free was comforting him. Many would not look kindly upon a would-be king fleeing his Kingdom. However, for the betterment of all he needed more...of what exactly...he was still searching.
"Good to know you can enjoy a good road trip. I tend to go on a lot of them. We'll make it to your place eventually."
Hopefully...there will be a place for you to visit...y

He thought solemnly to himself returning Zero's word with a smiling nod.
"My homies in Uran might have something there that would pique your interest. We can see what we gotta do to leave with a souvenir after we bring these back."
"Oh, of that I have no doubt"

Dazuma was practically salivating at the thought of being able to see the fabled city. Whatever Zero's concept of "normal" was it was surely different from Dazuma's norm. To him scoping vast cities and underground legends was a day-to-day agenda. Though for Dazuma it was something entirely...

The deepening of an ocean

The expanding or a vast horizon.

"Well then... let's not keep your homies waiting any further shall we?"

Following his beckoning Dazuma was prepared to follow suit.

He felt the climax of this excursion steadily approaching...something grand was upon them...every piece of his being told him so.

Return to “Exploration”