Masur of As'lin :: The Radiant Obsidian

These are areas outside of the realms of the Alliance. Venture out into Vescrutia's open world and explore. Go anywhere and show us a side of Vescrutia that might not have been discovered yet.
Flux
Drifter

Re: Masur of As'lin :: The Radiant Obsidian

Post by Flux »

The virtuous force of his power could not be ignored. She had felt the ocean that was his power and still could not help but shiver after feeling the aftershock of his movements. The force of his aura was so robust so powerful that it was easy for Flux to feel the waves of his intentions. Almost as if by instinct did the panther witch, whose own body was flushed with the bright lavender flare of her aura, jumped overhead of her former sister witch. Her timing was such that she landed just adjacent to Masur on the left of Viv just as he gripped her staff. For but a fleeting moment did Flux's eyes meet that of his wife. Odea, was even more beautiful in person than Masur's memories of her showed. Though smogged by Viv's essence, FLux could even feel small echoes of her naten. It was ridiculously ancient. A scent that Flux hadn't even fathom here. At least... until she felt the presence of yet another ancient magic. Somewhere here...

Amazing, you've still the gal to resist. That was always your blind side sister..."

Much to her dismay the giant sun-like would produce an almost blinding light and see to erupt yet no one in the chamber would feel the force of its release. This being that just before it detonated Flux would manifest a rift large enough to "devour" the blaze sending it into the ocean around them. A task that did not require much effort considering she had also anchored this placed to her inner Ovalu.

"Not knowing when your outmatched."

As the light faded Flux would then backflip away from the seen sure that whatever action Masur would take, she didn't want to be caught at ground Zero. She felt a thick sense of magical essence through this chamber that was different than the others here...what truly was this place. With that concern she had to talk Masur down from killing her outright, at the very least, she needed to know why Viv would give up everything for this lord of hers.

Masur... I need to know why she would do this...what her aim was. She cannot best us...can you subdue you rage for but a moment. So that you may subdue her. I will leave the method to you.
Last edited by Flux on Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Koudo Zhol Omawynn
Drifter

Post by Koudo Zhol Omawynn »

Viv sighed, smiling through gritted teeth, as she clenched at her staff like her life depended on it. She always hated Flux. It was a deep seeded, almost primal, loathing that Viv couldn't explain until this very moment. This very second, during this hour on this fated day, it became inescapably clear to her why Flux's presence alone set her soul ablaze with repugnance.

The way she casually called her power to heel. The way she didn't struggle to achieve the level of strength she displayed on a regular day to day basis. Flux was a flawless caster, while Viv scrapped and scratched her way to the ceiling that divided a nobody like her from the titanic heights Flux would undoubtedly achieve in the same amount of life Viv had strained to hold on to.

They shared an element. They shared a sisterhood. They should have a more loving bond, but Viv couldn't stomach Flux's higher than thou attitude, and it ate away at her. It was only a matter of time before something came to soothe that pain, while stoking the fires of her resentment into a mighty inferno. The Lord of Searing Flame knew Viv. He understood, and he wouldn't let her lose her life here. Viv was more sure of that, than anything else.

It took her more than than she cared to admit to finally worked up the nerve... " Still speaking to me as if you're older. Better. Stronger. "She spat, twisting her hands on her staff as her naten burst into magic around her during the blinding light caused by Flux snuffing out her Solar Flare . " You took my power. You use your flame like it is the only Fire that exists in this world. You ROSE, and continue to rise, while I fell, but my Lord... "The magical energies wrapped themselves around her, bending the very laws of the natural universe and the magical weave to distort space and time. She vanished in a snap of sudden magical flames.

" He chose me! Despite my shortcomings, my pitfalls, my being lesser. He saw my worth, my spark, and chose me! That's something you'll NEVER have! "

Flux's mental message was choked. The flow of her mental transmission squeezed like a tangled water hose turned on full blast and only giving out droplets. Masur couldn't hear her, couldn't see her, and couldn't feel her. The line was interrupted, commandeered. Weirdly, despite the connection Masur and Flux both acknowledge, a third more... overbearing and ancient presence force itself in between.

Odea picked up, "He will not hear you. He is my force of wanton destruction now. This woman must die," The smoke and blistering light of the solar flare level production of fiery indignation began to fade, and with it so too did Viv try to capitalized on the distraction. Flux's quick thinking, however, allowed Masur, despite his berserker rage, the opportunity to focus his aura and bend his naten around Viv's. As she began to distort space time, to bend it to her will, Masur's naten intermingled with hers seamlessly seeding control of her teleporting magic trick to him allowing for him to control where she would end up.

Plucked from space by a more experienced manipulator of such things, Masur hand, which was now free of Viv's staff, was now choked around the neck of the woman who had given them such grief in so little an amount of time. She hadn't been a worth adversary. More of a minor annoyance than anything else.

Masur said no words, but from his mouth came the project of Odea's thoughts. Her eyes were alight with various shades of periwinkle, lavender and rich royal purples. If a rainbow could be formed with only the various hues of purple, then that rainbow shined in her windows to the soul, "She's disrespectful." The lightning that coursed through and around Masur shifted from his usual hues of blues and silvers, to the same palette of purples that shined within Odea. The shine began to grow and concentrate around his eyes as he stared down the witch who had kidnapped his wife.

The Excisio continued to grow in strength within the orbs of the dragon, commandeered by the dominating aura of Odea's ire. Still, despite this, Masur shook his head, as his Naten tried to reestablish its own control over his technique,"N-No, this... is her kin." He grunted before releasing his grip on Viv and dropping to his knees with his head cast downward and his forearms resting tiredly on his thighs.

Odea shook her head. finally lowering herself to the ground beside her husband, "Your kin, then? A weakness of his." she placed her hand upon his head. stroking slowly and deliberately. Odea turned to the witch her husband had brought to aid them. He was finished, Odea was saved and Flux wanted him to stay his hand. Odea obliged her, as least for now. "Go on then, why would she think I was someone so easily detained? She knew of Masur and his strength, a foolish witch if I've ever seen one."

Flux
Drifter

Post by Flux »

It took her more than than she cared to admit to finally worked up the nerve... " Still speaking to me as if you're older. Better. Stronger. "She spat, twisting her hands on her staff as her naten burst into magic around her during the blinding light caused by Flux snuffing out her Solar Flare . " You took my power. You use your flame like it is the only Fire that exists in this world. You ROSE, and continue to rise, while I fell, but my Lord... "The magical energies wrapped themselves around her, bending the very laws of the natural universe and the magical weave to distort space and time. She vanished in a snap of sudden magical flames.

" He chose me! Despite my shortcomings, my pitfalls, my being lesser. He saw my worth, my spark, and chose me! That's something you'll NEVER have! "
Her gaze never left that of her sister's for a single second. She had always known, somewhere deep inside though she guessed she merely tried to ignore it. Viv's disdain for her. It wasn't uncommon, there were many among her Coven who envied her. Though in truth Flux never moved with the purpose of appearing superior. She just...was. Everything she put her mind to she put her all into and somehow ended up succeeding but it wasn't for the sake of flaunting her ability if anything she wanted to be like the other more seasoned witches of their family...at one point she even wanted to be more like...

Oh Viv...have you forgotten? Is this truly how you feel?

She thought as Viv listed the many reasons she couldn't stand Flux. It hurt, not because she was telling the truth. But to know that Viv always viewed her this way when FLux herself used to look up to Vivanna. Viv had always been a talented witch. Older, wiser than most of their coven though she didn't possess the raw magical might Flux herself passed the way she used her flames to light the wic of her fellow witches once inspired many to hone their magic. She was so deeply and in tune with the sway of magic that Flux felt like she learned so much just by watching her every day. This was the pain that came with becoming featured, the soul is the catalyst for one's dreams, emotions, and truth and once a Drachiot becomes featured so do their ideals and memories. They can only recall the origins of their pain and nothing before.

What Viv saw as arrogance Flux saw as confidence but affirmation she only gained through the years she ran behind Viv. Now it seems that once FLux became adept at running Viv felt replaced, belittled the light no longer shown on just her. Was her vanity so thick? Or did this "Lord of Searing Flames" manipulate the cracks in her breaking heart? How much of this was Viv's truth? All of it?

"Viv I-"

Just as Flux went to speak Viv seemed to vanish and a fraction of a moment later appeared within Masur's overwhelming grip. Flux could feel her magic being blocked, unable to get her message of leaving Viv alive through to him. What her magic brushed against felt like an unbendable will, one fathoms older and more potent than she. The lightning crackled around his frame but from his voice...it did not sound like Masur...Odea? How terrifying was it to witness that she could commandeer his body and his power?! Flux knew she didn't possess an iota of the power needed to get her to release Masur's grip on Viv. Luckily her new friend's honor was stronger than his lover's anger and he mustered through releasing Viv who was trying to catch her breath. Flux approached her Slowly, she knoded in Odea direction, thanking her for not trying to force the issue and staying her vengeance and masur's hand. SHe knew her sister didn't deserve the breath she was allowed to hold onto. But FLux had to try at least...she had to let Viv know how she felt as well.

"As you said sister, I rose and you fell. But what your hatred has blinded you to is that without you I would've never risen to begin with. For five decades I chased behind you, I grew in the shade that your luminance provided. It was you who taught me to harness the flames of passion and How love can become an inexhaustible fuel to power one's magic. How dangerous the sway of magic was and how fine the line of mastery and subservience to it could be. I've always known viv...that at one point your love turned into vindictiveness...I thought..."

Her eyes watered a bit but she retained her stoic composure.

"I thought if I stayed near you if I kept using what you taught me that you would wake up one day and notice just how much I wanted to be like you. That you...you would accept me. Viv..."

Flux's emotions were so powerful that her flames manifested once more without her doing. The way they blanketed the entirety of this expanse in the smallest amount of time was further proof of just how strongly she felt about her words. The flames did not burn, they were soft lavender-alike fluffy blankets of comfort, and they carried no malice.

"Return to the stream...I do not wish for us to fight any longer. Return to the sway Viv and be reborn...please Viv... do not make me do this..."

It was true, they should've had a more loving bond, at one point it was more than possible how much she admired her former sister. After all this though, the many lives Viv had taken, the current state of her soul. There was nothing more that could be done... save for returning her sister to the great blaze from wince her soul was born. The Drachiot were not human in the slightest. Death to them was by no means an end. So long as nature existed so long as the flow of the great stream was unabated they could live countless lifetimes. They were living embodiments of concentrated magical force. Viv's soul was born from the blazing Ire of flame. And in flame she could be reborn again...should she allow it to happen. Perhaps Flux was naive, maybe she was even trying to prove to Viv that she was not the arrogant paragon she thought her to be. Whatever the case she wanted to do at least this kindness. She prayed it was not spat upon...

"Who is the Lord of Searing Flames...what is the purpose of this gate?"

Return to “Exploration”