Legend of the Everglow Part 2: Into the Thick of It

These are areas outside of the realms of the Alliance. Venture out into Vescrutia's open world and explore. Go anywhere and show us a side of Vescrutia that might not have been discovered yet.
Dalazar Denkou
Drifter

Re: Legend of the Everglow Part 2: Into the Thick of It

Post by Dalazar Denkou »

"Geeez"

Yes indeed, very different than what he imagined a museum to be like. It brought the thought to mind how limiting language can be at times in capturing the grandeur of the world. This looked more like a sacred temple the way the magic that hid it from view faded away giving way to an unraveling. Dedicated entirely to the safekeeping and reflection of their culture. By Lambda's definition of its purpose, it was also a means to keep unknown and potentially hazardous objects away as well. True to its purpose anything but an incredibly versed magic user would not have been able to devise its existence. Even with his keen magic sense the most alert he felt was a slight tickle in his nose. Though it was only the outer gates the place was huge. The museums in the land of Denkou were quite a site to behold but their appearance was more "modern", as was their society. He thought them to be a bit shallow. They spoke of the history of the kingdom since the inauguration of the First Emerald King but nothing of before. Items of power and historical markers and various gift from the treaties with nations that they once warred with.

War with the Denkou never was long.

The more he scoured the lands of Vecrutia the more he saw that technology had only come so far. The kingdom of Denkou might look like something out of a science fiction novel compared to most of the places he had been so far. Having learned the art of weaving magic and technology together they etched themselves into the new wave of budding ingenuity much of their structure was blends of various metals, gems, and magic runes intricately invested in the infrastructure. Though this here, this here was extraordinary to him. Just how deep did Urani's magic run? What was its origin point? Who was the first to settle here? Did they take this land by force? Were the magics here a gift? Did they all possess a tie to the magical energies? The scholarly sovereign could not help but get lost in a muddle of thought as his brain started going everywhere with questions. Questions he wouldn't ask, but he hoped to still learn some of the answers before the end of his time here. Bo could not wait to see what was inside this place.

Lambda greeted the guard he carried a most peculiar spear. He towered over Bo, his demeanor quite intimating.
"You should find them inside within the Janus Ring with Andri. But who is this?"
"Oh me? I-"

He chimed the spear and it resonated with the package. How odd! He thought, the spear of Beryl chimed louder this time, and the resonance grew. The guard eyes were fixated on this, had Rafel packed some kind of incentive to assure Bo would be able to pass? Man, he was a pretty nice old codger. Bo would slowly fish through and grab the object that was resonating with the call of the spear. He picked it out and handed it to the guard, a slight bow as was his custom when greeting someone new.

"I believe I do, friend. You may call me Bo and if you don't mind me asking."

His eyes were entranced by the spear.

"That spearhead. Is that pure Beryl?"

He asked inquisitively with his hands cupping the bottom of his chin. Thinking back to the living quarters of the village eh was seeing some unique similarities between their people actually. Had the Denkou possibly passed through Uran before they made it to the Emerald Ascenion? My, that would be such n interesting find.

Fate II
Drifter

Post by Fate II »

"Of course its Beryl. This Beryl staff was passed from a friend of mine."

With the spear's blade glowing in sync with the trinket he eyed in the light of the setting sun. The pleasant chime of the pair of crystals pierced the air, bathing it in a gentle glow. The guard took the shard from its wrapper and applied it to the rod of his staff, sliding it into place near the center with a satisfying click. The whole staff responded with an intense flash and dimmed to its resting state. The guard chuckled a bit and gave Bo a a powerful fist bump.

"He said it was going to be a while to finish it, but that shard was the last ingredient."

The Guard grinned and gave Bo a quick glance over.

"You know, you look like you could be related. Are you from here? I've never seen you around before."

The Guard relaxed, knowing he was in good company of friends of friends. Rafal wouldn't have given this mercenary that jewel without a good reason. Although generally Uran welcomed guests from across the Wastes well, but he expected it to be coming with Lambda personally.

Dalazar Denkou
Drifter

Post by Dalazar Denkou »

Bo's eyes fixated on the spear. Its composition was... immaculate. It was a gorgeous work of artesian crafting. Such fine detail, indeed its creator knew the wondrous properties of the stone. To the Denkou though, this stone served as one of the cornerstones of their spiritual beliefs. Denkou scholars theorize that the concept of the Emerald King, his origins tethered to the Djynn; Asharin is a piece of a whole. A fragment of consciousness given its own form and identity. However, since none of them has so much as laid eyes on a being with magic quite like the Emerald King, this cannot be confirmed. The more he looked at the spear...the more like the craftsmanship of his people, he recognized...something was amiss.

Bo had his fill of fairy tales and myths. He desired o know the truth. He would find it. The Beryl sun, The Emerald Ocean, The Beryl Sovereign, Rai father, Cosmic Unifer. Over the last few months, he has had several strange occurrences where these titles were spewed at him from what felt like another world presence. One, in particular, was the voice he heard when he entered Uran. It was foreign to him. It called him the "Weaver Of The Beryl Sun". So many names what did any of them mean?
"Of course its Beryl. This Beryl staff was passed from a friend of mine."

A friend?
With the spear's blade glowing in sync with the trinket he eyed in the light of the setting sun. The pleasant chime of the pair of crystals pierced the air, bathing it in a gentle glow. The guard took the shard from its wrapper and applied it to the rod of his staff, sliding it into place near the center with a satisfying click. The whole staff responded with an intense flash and dimmed to its resting state. The guard chuckled a bit and gave Bo a powerful fist bump.
He stared for a bit at the fist bump gesture. Was this a common greeting? His culture they embraced and bowed, perhaps this was similar? A symbol of comradery? He didn't want to seem rude and readily returned the gesture, wincing a bit and rubbing his hand a bit. The guy was a strong, certified tank. The fact that he was the singular guard of this place spoke volumes about not only his ability but the trust the community placed in him.
"You know, you look like you could be related. Are you from here? I've never seen you around before."
Someone who looked like they could be related to Bo? Only one person shared his face, his twin brother. What would nazuma be doing here? How would he have even gotten here, to begin with? He was jumping to conclusions.

"As much as I'd love to claim this beautiful place as my home plan, sadly, no, I am from a land very far from here. A merc, here bringing in the criminal Zero for stealing the Waves of Horus. Please, feel free to call me Bo."

He adjusted his scarf

"Beryl and Emerald are very important stones to my people. You said a friend passed this spear to you? Was he not a native?"

He hope Lambda was not in a hurry, he never expected anyone to possibly recognize him. In truth, it made him very nervous but his poker face was solid. Could an emissary of Myos be here? No, even his reach was limited...

Fate II
Drifter

Post by Fate II »

Dazuma wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:06 am
"As much as I'd love to claim this beautiful place as my home plan, sadly, no, I am from a land very far from here. A merc, here bringing in the criminal Zero for stealing the Waves of Horus. Please, feel free to call me Bo."
The guardsman laughed, giving Bo a suspicious glance over. Though they weren't removed from the Janus Ring while he was on duty and he only had the stories to revisit how they made it out of the city. Sure, Zero's unassuming build surprised him when Andri brought him to internment, but Bo's energy was even more puzzling.

"OH, so YOU'RE the one who dragged him across the Wastes for the bounty. And you're both completely unscathed. You must be a very..."

The guard leaned in closer and tapped the end of the spear on the ground. He kept Bo's eye contact, trying to get a better gauge of the mercenary with such gentle eyes. His story wasn't making the most sense, but if Andri trusted him...

"Very... Smooth talker. I'll be sure to remember that."
Dazuma wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:06 am
"Beryl and Emerald are very important stones to my people. You said a friend passed this spear to you? Was he not a native?"
"My friend isn't a native to this area, no. He, like Rafal moved freely through the realms beyond the Ganjun Wastes living the merchant's life. I was in need of a new spear, one that was adept at channeling Naten for my training and he produced this one for me.

He was always talking about the Beryl Sun and said that it would help bring the item to life, but I don't know much about a Beryl Sun so maybe I'm not getting the best bang for my buck, even if it was a gift."

Moving back to his post next to the door with a confident smile, he motioned for Bo to pass. He passed the check for now, lucky for him. Andri tended to be a good judge of character except for a single instance that he could remember. Otherwise, Bo fit the bill of a run-of-the-mill, suspicious mercenary and fell in line with other guests she brought along with her. It was a big day for the Janus Ring, but with the items returned, he wondered what else needed to be dealt with within the Reverie Chamber.

"But we can talk later. There are more important things to be discussed."

Dalazar Denkou
Drifter

Post by Dalazar Denkou »

Bo couldn't help but chuckle, he supposed being a "Smooth talker" was second nature to him. The tongue of the serpent, a gift of his aristocratic upbringing. They aspired to be diplomats first warriors second. Choosing violence as their last means of operation. Sometimes he has even been deemed insincere, it was the farthest thing from the truth. He always spoke with the intent that both parties could gain what they wanted without either arriving at a loss. Now that he thought about it, he did talk his way through most of the trouble on the way here. The battle they did encounter wasn't too extreme. The landscape was more troublesome than the ghouls themselves. That spear though...it was not only just Beryl, it was also engraved with Denki metal. Whoever crafted it knew Denkou's crafting techniques. He never once thought he'd encounter one outside both the main kingdom and the Denkai in the Astral.
"My friend isn't a native to this area, no. He, like Rafal moved freely through the realms beyond the Ganjun Wastes living the merchant's life. I was in need of a new spear, one that was adept at channeling Naten for my training and he produced this one for me.

He was always talking about the Beryl Sun and said that it would help bring the item to life, but I don't know much about a Beryl Sun so maybe I'm not getting the best bang for my buck, even if it was a gift."
The Beryl Sun would help bring the spear to life? Could this stranger have foretold his coming here? What did the Denkou have to do with this [lace? How curious, as much as he would've liked to debunk this further the path was opened before him to continue on. He had a feeling though, he and this guard would have more to speak about. After he received his reward.

"The person who gifted you that spear truly treasures your bond. Im sure shall serve you well for many years to come. Excuse me."

Bo smiled before bowing slightly. The way to the reverie available he would enter hoping Lambda wasn't too far ahead of him.

Fate II
Drifter

Post by Fate II »

Bo enters the chamber and disappears into a rippling wall, transparent enough to see a mass of light strobing in different directions, massive, shadowy bars gliding before and behind the shining light. There were foggy images of others behind the scenes, but no real features could be made out. Lambda waited within the Reverie Chamber with what looked like a host of other figures. The guard waved Bo off and returned to his duty, giving the beryl spear a quick and confident twirl. If Bo turned out to be who he said he was, maybe he could get a lesson in the ways of Beryl the Beryl Sun.

Return to “Exploration”