Legend of the Everglow Part 2: Into the Thick of It

These are areas outside of the realms of the Alliance. Venture out into Vescrutia's open world and explore. Go anywhere and show us a side of Vescrutia that might not have been discovered yet.
Zero Venkage
Drifter

Legend of the Everglow Part 2: Into the Thick of It

Post by Zero Venkage »

(Previously on Legend of the Everglow)

Zero and Dazuma have fought their way through the heat mines of the Ganjun Wastes to one of the fabled entrances to the legendary city, Uran. Zero tasked himself with returning a set of interesting baubles to a contact within the city. He hasn't let on much for details, but the journey has been fairly straightforward, with the Ganjun Labyrinth easily conquered by their ingenuity. They stepped through a portal within its hallowed walls to emerge on the Urani landscape and find themselves a decent distance away from the entrance, surrounded by sandy dunes of the most plush character. The city itself sits at the bottom of a wide, cascading valley of fine sand. Tall stone arches dot the perimeter, filled with a similar glassy texture they found at the end of the Ganjun Labyrinth. Between them, what seem like buildings are shrouded in heat like a mirage in the distance. Zero and Bo start the next leg of their adventure stepping toward the city.

Emerging from the sweltering, oppressive heat of the Ganjun Labyrinth into a sunny landscape of rolling sand dunes and a gentle breeze refreshed Zero's windswept skin. The gale surrounding them in the depths of the maze were whisked away into the wind. The sun bathed them in a comfortable level of warmth and Zero shook the tension from underground off of him. Uran was a beautiful city with beautiful people within, the arduous journey to get in tended to belie the graciousness of the inhabitants. Sometimes great people don't want weirdos from outside to mess with the vibe.

"There she is, my friend. Our destination, Sacred City of Uran. Are you familiar with it at all?"

Even standing still, Zero began coasting down the soft waves of sand toward the city. The golden groves carried him slowly enough for Bo to walk beside if he didn't want to bother with the appropriate traction to skate down on his own. But Zero didn't rush, a big sigh escaped him and he rolled his shoulders, eyes locked on the stone arches in the distance in front of them. He expected something of a welcoming party...

Dalazar Denkou
Drifter

Re: Legend of the Everglow Part 2: Into the Thick of It

Post by Dalazar Denkou »

"There she is, my friend. Our destination, Sacred City of Uran. Are you familiar with it at all?"
" Are you sure? Because you said that 3 hours...ago..."

Just as he was about to start complaining the vison of Uran befell upon him. Needless to say he was taken aback. The majesty of the dunes the craftsmanship of the stone arches. Truly they had stepped into a dream. Dazuma thought back to the stories of legends. Some of the most coveted treasures were here right in this very domain, he would have to keep his wits about him and his desires I check. He wouldn't want to come off as some sort of tomb raider of pillager. From what Zero said earlier they were extremely particular about their peace. He wasn't even sure if reveling to them that he was a noble would make things better or worse considering they didn't mess with outsiders, let alone with nobility of other countries even less.

"By the Rai-Fathers brow...I have only had glimpses through stories about merely it's legend, but to see it in person. It is more beautiful, and daunting than I would've ever imagined"

He decided to stroll along with Zero, coasting along the slope of the sand that Zero was cruising down. Keeping his pace steady.

"I must admit, I'm starting to get nervous."

Now that they were here he started to feel like the true test was only beginning, though that could've been the flaw in his thinking as is. Maybe he was worried for nothing?

Fate II
Drifter

Post by Fate II »

"Just like clockwork."

A pair of far sight goggles dropped from the face of a violet haired woman staring straight into the horizon from outside Uran, her confident smile framing her leap into action. She kicked her heels into the sand below and her foundation came to life, rippling around her ankles, with a swipe of her hand the ground coasted her body through a current of sand towards Bo and Zero. That signature white hair, the casual way they appeared from the Ganjun Labyrinth like there weren't a lifetime's worth of violent apparatuses to deter many a confident adventurer. His smugness infuriated her, and he spat in the face of Urani hospitality confirmed her initial suspicions, he was too calm, too collected, and too calculating to just be a lucky tourist. Anyone who made it through the Labyrinth came expecting something, and Lambda grew tired of her people's generosity taken advantage of.

Zero Venkage
Drifter

Post by Zero Venkage »

"Oh yeah? What'd you say? I"m just making sure we're not going to have an-- Aaaaah damn."

Zero saw the approaching waves of sand, a dusty wall of dust shrouding the outside of the city in a dense, rolling cloud of sand. Zero revisited his last trip to the Golden City in his mind's eye, and the sandstorm barreling toward them was a horrible sign, one that reminded him of the trouble it took getting the package out of the city in the first place. He swallowed a bit nervously before turning to Bo, mid slide.

"I gotta let you know that right about now is when things get hairy. I thought we were gonna wind up inside the museum, but I guess we took the wrong door somehow. You'll probably get some use out of these within the next 20 seconds."

Zero reached into a pocket and lobbed a pair of metallic shackles in Bo's direction. The coming storm had only a few options to keep them from being blown over. He just hoped Bo could keep up with the act.

Fate II
Drifter

Post by Fate II »

"Zero Venkage, you disgusting criminal! You will have the weight of all Uran bearing down on your head!"

The sandstorm barreling towards the pair grew in intensity, swelling into a massive tidal wave of gold towards them. It completely obscured the city in the background, roaring towards them like a beast hunting its prey. She towered over them at the crest of the wave, brandishing a small, glistening blade cast towards the culprits below her.

"I can't imagine why you're back here, but I'll make sure you pay for your crimes this time!"

The imposing size of the sandy wave cast a long shadow over the adventurers, but the sunlight beaming off of the blade of her bejeweled weapon drenched them in bright white spotlight. The sand began swirling around them wildly, locking them in the eye of a sandstorm under the crest of a golden wave. She reached for something else at her hip with her free hand. T.U.S.K.U had ways of detaining high profile individuals and Zero had a rap sheet as long as the seas were wide, his crimes against Uran would only be the beginning of righteous atonement.

Dalazar Denkou
Drifter

Post by Dalazar Denkou »

"This, this here is EXACTLY why I asked questions..."

Dazuma exclaimed as he was dwarfed by the enormous wave of gilded sand that accosted them almost as soon as they exited the cave. Just WHAT in Rai's bright green hells was happening right now? In the many years, he had studied magic he had never witnessed one manipulate sand...and to such a vast degree. Whomever the Uran people were...there was exceptional power here. No doubt they posed the skill to match. How disve3rse the world was...it was captivating really. Though he could not stand in awe for long. Zero's statement snapped him back quickly as he was being tossed a pair of handcuffs.

"Letting me know when I ASKED would've been great!"

He'd doubt Zero would hear him under the loud howling of the sandstorm. The force of the golden gales was powerful indeed. He clung tightly to his scarf just to keep it from flailing away.
"Zero Venkage, you disgusting criminal! You will have the weight of all Uran bearing down on your head!"
Criminal? Wait...oh...it all began to make sooo much sense.

The incessant elusive responses

The lack of detail

Scouring through dungeons.

Dazuma's eyes darted between the bag Zero held and the glowing blade of the woman's sword and sighed heavily...he was an experienced adventurer alright...

A damn thief

And if the beryl prince didn't act soon he'd surely be seen as an accessory.

With quickness just as she reached the apex of her coming, Dazuma, who was standing right next to Zero forced his hands behind his back and slipped the cuffs on him.

"And that My'lady is precisely why we are here."

He exclaimed trying to get his voice through the whirling sands. He quickly disarmed himself dropping his weapons to the ground. He was already masking his magical presence as he was accustomed to doing so. He tried to be seen as least threading as possible.

A slight bow followed

"I have traveled here with a gift, a peace offering if you will. Zero, and the artifact in his possession."

He hoped to the litany of gods in this world that this farce would hold...though to be truthful he had half a mind to really turn Zero in for getting him in this mess...maybe he'd be giving some sort of a reward? Nah, he'd just try to keep up the charade. He never once got a malicious vibe from Zero; something else was going on here.
Last edited by Dalazar Denkou on Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

Zero Venkage
Drifter

Post by Zero Venkage »

"Hi, Andri! Log time no see!" Zero knew his voice wouldn't make it to her ears over the roar of her rage, but he tried anyway. Bo slapping the cuffs on him kinda hurt, but he could imagine how shocked the guy had to be at this point. It made Zero giggle to himself, satisfied with his ability to roll with the punches.

"You didn't have to put them on so tight, y'know," he whispered to Bo, resting into the mild sedative effect the cuffs imparted on the wearer. "There's a good chance we might get split up, depending on how this plays out. The people of Uran are great so you can treat it like a vacation, they'll treat you amazingly if you don't act like a dickhead."

Zero's previous visit to Uran opened his eyes to the world class grace offered by Uran, a quality that contributed to their legendary reputation throughout Vescrutia's history. The model of service to the world, Uran's culture of service and gratitude has become the template of service standards around the world. Andri definitely instilled that standard within him and he knew exactly when to turn it off to get his way. He stared defiantly into the glare of the dagger above him, sure that what awaited him in the cell would just be a bump in the road.

Fate II
Drifter

Post by Fate II »

"Wait, he's not alone? Someone actually brought him in!"

Andri slowly descended upon the pair , her dagger trained directly on Zero's head. Her approach rested the glowing winds that encircled them, bringing them to a level they could hear each other over. She was too far to read their lips and unsure if the bounty hunter spoke her tongue, his body language being so comfortable with Zero suggested him a formidable individual. Stopping safely around ten feet out and above them, the light bathing Zero now a pillar of soft light encasing him, she spoke to the scarfed man bringing in the fugitive.

"You'd do well to step away from him. He's a smooth talker. Also, you might not enjoy being petrified."

The pillar of light, a manifestation of her Anthem, locked Zero in place, petrifying everything on him down to strands of his silver hair. He'd barely be able to breathe so any utterance of lies from his mouth would be grueling. With Zero subdued, Andri willed the winds to rest, or at least blow more gently across the arid landscape. She touched down and strafed to meet her victorious bounty hunter's eye.

"What a treat today! And here I thought you'd be a comrade of his! I guess the future truly is always in flux. What is your name, bounty hunter? Where did you find him?"

The bounty had been up for a few years, she began to question if it was right to send anyone and everyone chasing a pretty penny after a scourge like Zero. The information she gathered on him described him as a monster, her personal interactions painted him a traitor, and his ability to make off with the Waves of Horus only made his skillset just as unnerving. An enigma and a scoundrel, Zero Venkage needed to be kept behind bars at all costs, but whoever could put him there had to be just as scary. She needed to move cautiously to avoid further complications.

Dalazar Denkou
Drifter

Post by Dalazar Denkou »

"You'd do well to step away from him. He's a smooth talker. Also, you might not enjoy being petrified."
That he would not. Taking a slight step to side he seen Zero become encased in light and become practically frozen in place. While he was happy their little risky roux was paying off so far. It left him feeling a bit worried about Zero's safety. While he could find some kind of comfort knowing his stay would be well welcomed considering the vast change in the guard's demeanor. He feared on the other hand that Zero might not be met with the most... peaceful accommodations.

I really try my best not to lie buuuut

He looked a frozen Zero over once more shuddering a bit.

He diid throw me the cuffs knowing this could happen. I'm sure he'll be fine... Besides
"What a treat today! And here I thought you'd be a comrade of his! I guess the future truly is always in flux. What is your name, bounty hunter? Where did you find him?"
The single thread of lie looked like it was going to become a web by days end.

Greetings, you may call me Bo, a wandering pursuer of bounties and aspiring scholar. Might I say, the word beauty scarcely describe your homeland."

Rising from his bowed state he made eyes contact with her. She was gorgeous, skin kissed by the beaming rays of sun that drenched nation in it's lux.

"As luck would have it I found him galivanting in a tavern. Slippery as the eel was he finally let his guard down and I was able to apprehend him."

He waited to pick up his weapon. No doubt despite her pleased way of speaking, he was being evaluated. She seemed very surprised that he was even captured to begin with. A small testament to how infamous Zero might've truly been...or is rather.

"I would know your name as well, If I may?"

Fate II
Drifter

Post by Fate II »

"Lambda Ortiz, pleased to meet you and thank you! Most people presume the desert is an arid wasteland, devoid of any real liveliness. And still we thrive"

It was almost too easy, Zero, sculpture suspended in windswept animation before her on a silver platter. He looked almost happy to be caught. But with his return, a national treasure would be back in its rightful place soon enough.

"I can't imagine the look on his face, betrayed by his own hubris..."

Lambda kicked some sand at a her captor's feet. Pleased to have him in custody, she extended a hand to shake Bo's. Wherever he came from, the ambition he exuded impressed her. Neither of them had much of a scratch on them, and there was no way to the gates of the city that came without its own brand of danger sandwich. Bo being able to apprehend Zero and transport him alive and in pristine condition spoke to his latent ability.

"I almost thought about raising the price for him too. To make up for it, I'll give you a personal tour of the city after we book him."

Return to “Exploration”