A Scion's Wish; A Bond Re-forged

These are areas outside of the realms of the Alliance. Venture out into Vescrutia's open world and explore. Go anywhere and show us a side of Vescrutia that might not have been discovered yet.
Gavin Yuex
Drifter

A Scion's Wish; A Bond Re-forged

Post by Gavin Yuex »

The darkness was thick, but not silent. This forest was home to a litany of different nocturnal life who possessed the ability to navigate its shadows. Roars and groans of both pain and hunger echoed everywhere. Then suddenly sparks of neon pink light began to manifest in a clearing of flowers. The dust kicked up swirling as the air in the clearing vibrated. Moments would pass and that spark would have intensified before a bright flash of light temporarily cut through the heavy darkness yet it did not crash leaving the ground undamaged, revealing a small child with pink hair the same hue as the light that foreshadowed his arrival.

"Ah, it seems my calculation was a bit off"

The boy said as he wiped away the remnants of naten around him. In his right hand, he was holding a construct of naten reminiscent of a later. In its center a faint orange ball of light. The boy placed his lantern near his face.

"But worry not my friend. We are but only a little away off course. I'll be sure to get us there safely"

His eyes subtly hummed with naten before the lantern itself showed brighter with the same light. The darkness within 10 meters of him was devoured giving way to a winding path serpentine in nature.

"Ok, Zol?"

He'd begin his journey through the thick dark forest. The small ball of light at the lantern's center flickers like a weak flame.

Gavin Yuex
Drifter

Re: A Scion's Wish; A Bond Re-forged

Post by Gavin Yuex »

As he traveled the path before him the grass rustled with the sounds of twigs breaking. Yet the boy did not halt his strides. One could question what such a small child was doing here in a vast forest of black. He though held no fear, he had walked these very paths dozens of times over most of these creatures knew his naten source and the ancient feel of his bloodline. The deadlier beast though, they could care less. Then again so did he.

"This would be a lot better if we could actually talk..."

He said as he continued on the path.

"I know you must have so many questions and to be frank, we might not have many answers..."

We? His people, the Yuex. A name shrouded in mist, a legacy covered in mud.

"But I can swear to you Zol, I just know grandfather can give you a new body...fathoms stronger than that rusty old husk you escaped from"

It is the nature of the thing that counts not its form. The nature of what is define what will be, crafted from what was. The Yuex knew the physical shape to only be a mold, a catalyst for the core that lives on through it eternal, if uninterrupted.

"After all..."

The light of the lantern grew brighter and brighter still. His eyes radiated the same intensity. This particular part of the path he could not travel as is. In order to reveal the true path naten needed to be applied.

"You are not the only Scion of the Kalor..."

The winds gathered around him as the dazzling crackle of pink "electricity" danced around him. It permeated the darkness 5 meters or so around him gathering primarily at the tips of his fingers. He would sign with his free hand a series of ava before the lantern light became blistering.

"In the name of the Coral maiden, Guardian of the Stream."

Sygls appeared to carve themselves on the air around him.

"Reveal to me your chosen!"

The light flare absorbs the darkness. Seconds later the path was revealing fading into nothing the illusion of a blocked path gave way to a beautiful sight. A path of pink flowers that absorbed the young ones' naten.

"Come...it is not much longer now..."

Gavin Yuex
Drifter

Re: A Scion's Wish; A Bond Re-forged

Post by Gavin Yuex »

As they traveled the forest Gavin kept his wits about him. He had taken this path many times in his years on Vescrutia. He never let his guard down though. Vescreutia was a land under constant evolution and change, more often than not these two happened all over the planet at different paces. It was quite possible that in the time between taking this path, new changes could have occurred. Fortunately, our light-giving friend needn't worry. Gavin was much more than he appeared to be. Perhaps it was his own notions of arrogance but he needn't fret. Nothing here would impede their path to his people. His tribe was not far now.

"I wonder though"

He said hopping over a thick brush of plant life.

"To think another Scion would be chosen so soon? It must be the coming of the Astral year... yes that would explain it."

His palms alit once more, using his naten to separate two entangled trees revealing yet another path.

"So many mystical wonders occur during this time, why I believe it's my first time experiencing its...touch. To think though, one of the Faery Kings children was with a Michio of all people. Guess it kinda makes sense, they've always been tied to Earth in rather...magical ways. From the looks of it though...I guess it's safe to say you are Michio no longer"

As he was now, he was nothing but a ball of unbridled potential. A rare state of being to exist in. By the end of their encounter, Zol would be able to embody whatever it is he chose to literally. This thought alone brought warmth to the pink-haired child's heart. Suddenly he would stop. Gavin could sense the blood lust of something...formidable approaching them, slowly. From the intensity of it, the anticipation within the aura targeting them had been following them for quite some time. Interesting, it must have been powerful to evade his senses this long.

"We've company Zol..."

A gorgeous neon pink aura danced across his fingertips illuminating his arms and stopping just short of his elbows. He would lightly toss the Latern containing Zol's soul, it levitated mid-air becoming encased in the same aura he had begun to emit. His hands would meet upon operating a net of naten emerged, he raised the mass of aura above his head before bringing them down his right and left sides. This created a domain of energy around both him and the lantern.

" Let's see how many guests we are welcoming... Search"

The domain of light would expand drastically quickly becoming a large globe of aura that spread at least a single kilometer. The technique "Search" allowed Gavin to create a domain of his essence and project it widely around him. This allows him to effectively and meticulously sense the presence of other being around him that his aura touches. Intent, whether harmful or helpful comes to him and informs him friend or foe hiding beyond his regular sight.

"Oh..quite a few...a pack?"

He said as the light of the domain stayed, his arms changed still. He would protect Zol, with his very life if need be. As a fellow scion, one who was also discovering what that even meant, he felt indebted to the one who saved his life...quite some time ago. As he was also of the chosen.

"I'll show you my glowing friend"

He said as the air vibrated, the air particles becoming charged with his naten. They quickly congealed to create a glowing pink mace. With a mighty thud, it hit the ground slightly cracking the earth beneath it. His right hand extended as a surge of naten shot from it to his far right. A loud hissing noise broke the empty silence not even s second later did a fearsome reptilian creature run straight at him. An Earth Walker, a bread of basilisk native to these lands. Horrid creatures whose Savliva could petrify its victims.

"What an Scion can do"

Just as the creature was about to make contact with a large inhale with a swift and fluid motion single-handedly he grabbed hold of his mace and sent it straight into the side of the creature a blinding burst of pink light developed them all as the strike barreled the beast's body through two trees before smacking into a nearby bolder cracking it in half. As the light faded the once small child was that no longer. What he was now was a man standing roughly 6'2. His body was incredibly defined, his hair curly now touching the nap of his neck.

"Heh whaddayaknow thing's lighter than it used to be. I must be getting stronger"

He said as his eyes quickly darted to the right. Another basilisk charged at him while another one jumped over his head spitting a large ball of its venom at him. They were trying to immobilize him while taking him down in one single charge. Smart, though, completely useless.

"Oh please...you'll never become Apexes like this..."

He said as he lifted his free hand above him waving it around in a circular motion. Upon doing so he entrapped both the beast and its projectile in a tight bubble of energy that stayed there hovered in space. With just enough time for another inhale he tightened the grip of his mace which glowed brightly with the same light that struck the first creature and ducked low just underneath the third creature and with a ferocious upward strike sent the beast rocketing into its captured partner the force of this blow sent them both flying into the distance least two kilometers northwest.

"Heh...out of sight out of mind. Not even a warm-up."

He said as he was enveloped in naten and returned to his child form. The domain of his energy dissipated as well. The mace shrunk in size. He would keep it around just in case something else decided to try them today. Though after that display he greatly doubted it. He grabbed Zol's lantern and continued on. They were just about there.

Return to “Exploration”