Everglow: Interlude

These are areas outside of the realms of the Alliance. Venture out into Vescrutia's open world and explore. Go anywhere and show us a side of Vescrutia that might not have been discovered yet.
Dalazar Denkou
Drifter

Re: Everglow: Interlude

Post by Dalazar Denkou »

The war of sills and souls finally had its quarreled ended. If not for the intervention of his father, Dalazar would have been devoured by the same flames that seemed to have thwarted the malicious plans of the group of evildoers. Or did it? There was still so much that he did not understand. His body was filled with unanswered questions, but as he sheepishly gained consciousness, he found himself too buddled in the brain even to process everything that had transpired right now. Though his wounds were healed, the blood and singed cloth still were on her person.

"Where...where am I?"

He said as his eyes opened, seeing the floor of the resort, and though it was cleared of blood, his mind saw flashbacks of its previous sanguine visage. The shock made him panic, squirming about on Lana's shoulders.

"No, NO!"

So much blood, so many bodies, the screams how they echoed in his mind. He wrested himself from Lana's grasp, landing on his feet. He gripped his face, the horror carved into it.

"I...I..."

He looked around...to find nothing. Despite the debris and rubble not a single body nor a drip of blood save for that on his own person.

"Was...was it just a dream?"

That was impossible; he could still feel the sting of the flames as they fed on his flesh. The cursed magic that coursed through him, the raw hatred that fed that strength. The laugh of Aaar as he tormented him the entire time. No, it all happened; there was something else at work here. Something much deeper. However, he could not bring himself to pinder it any further. Though healded, he was still quite winded by the ordeal. He looked to find Veronica back to her old self, a sight that brought a bit of calm to his frantic heart. David and Lana were both alive as well....thank goodness, he thought, as everything was a giant blur after he witnessed the death of the elderly man. Even his body was not there anymore. His eyes laid on Zero, who was in the clutches of another. He wanted to ask him many things but found himself incapable of forming the words.

"Father..."

He placed his hand in front of him, and his body felt different, stronger, much stronger than when he first arrived here. It was true then; he had awakened as an Ascendant after all. And with it, a whole different slew of emotions...the moment he regained some of his composure, his scarf would return to him, returning to its normal size under his neck as if trying to comfort the displaced prince.

"I don't understand...what...what happened..."

Fate II
Drifter

Post by Fate II »

Azul relied on his intuition and his quick draw to bring some kind of clarity to this situation. The whole scene confused him, from the group tending the wounded to how decidedly unscathed everyone here was. Azul had heard rumors that his old friend had been party to the massacre at The Fall. A whole city was wiped off the face of Vescrutia in a night, a fest Azul barely believed but believed nonetheless. Zero's reputation on the high seas and his prolific acquisition of Reliqs du Ven eviscerated whole crews at a time. He made himself rich off the backs of bad men, and might have been worse than them all, taking out his frustrations on every enemy he made for himself. The ferocity his reputation carried as an international bully and perpetual problem child has been on display for years and today, it seemed to be suspiciously phoned in. Azul hated nothing more than a lackluster performance.

In the blink of an eye Azul swung his hands toward the sky and the swirling wind around him disappeared. I'm the same moment a sheet of wind swirled from wall to wall in the empty lobby. It shrunk towards Zero's body in a snapping screech, the pressure cleaved a ridge of sand from what was left of the building's crumbling foundation. Azul knew he had just one chance to catch Zero now that he broke free of David's enchanted bottle, once that man gets on a roll, he's almost impossible to slow down, so you have to get him while he's distracted.

I hope I'm not too late...

Zero Venkage
Drifter

Post by Zero Venkage »

Zero knew he was lucky to have Azul on the scene, he was always the more pragmatic of the two. Azul’s position in Alsace had him managing a number of different groups of people, which Zero always appreciated about him. Their friendship was riddled with moments where Zero’s arrogance made him an adversary of the other Alsace members and Azul consistently stepped in before any of their clashes got messy. Born with the world in his eyes, craving everything he saw on the horizon, a young Zero had no idea what remorse was if he didn’t respect your opinion. Though he learned so much from Azul, this moment he was just lucky to also know his repertoire of Arbiters.

Zero’s toes tapped the ground and he disappeared into the into the air far above the building cackling loud as hell, so that anyone outside could see and hear him declare what would be his final edict as the scoundrel of Uran.

“I’m outta here! Azul, Lambda, Diamond Dust, you were all fools to think you’d keep me contained!”

Zero snapped his fingers and disappeared again, this time in a flash of lightning over and out of the city. The only thing left after was a small whisper, “Sorry,” and he completely vanished.

Dalazar Denkou
Drifter

Post by Dalazar Denkou »

In the blink of an eye Azul swung his hands toward the sky and the swirling wind around him disappeared. I'm the same moment a sheet of wind swirled from wall to wall in the empty lobby. It shrunk towards Zero's body in a snapping screech, the pressure cleaved a ridge of sand from what was left of the building's crumbling foundation. Azul knew he had just one chance to catch Zero now that he broke free of David's enchanted bottle, once that man gets on a roll, he's almost impossible to slow down, so you have to get him while he's distracted
As Dalazar began to shake the remnants of his confusion a fearsome gale of wind erupted from Azul towards Zero who’s mad ramblings on managed to refuel Dalazar confusion. He knew this well ran deep but hadn’t the smallest clue as to just how tangled this web of connections were. Furthermore, Zero’s implication that this was all part of some nefarious plot of his though not off brand from what everyone here experienced, just didn’t quite add up to him. It was true, out of everyone here Dalazar had the shortest relationship with Zero, but he could not believe the “Ruler” of Madeira was some sinister villain playing them all for fools.

“Zero…”

He said faintly just as Azul attempt to capture him resulted in utter failure. In a literally flash Zero had fled the scene leaving them all to deal with the citizens of Ulran. As the bolt came and went the soft whisper of “Sorry” felt almost like it was for him… Despite how everything went Dalazar was sure he and Zero’s paths would cross once more.

“Wait…”

He paid closer attention to the gaping hole in the ceiling. From there he glanced around him to find the resort in ruin…

“What happened here…am…I”

His word were soft in disbelief. Azar’s hold on him because of his weakness…was he the cause of this destruction? His gaze turned to Lana who fortunes no longer was suffering from the harm she came into from protecting him. His eyes were different no gazing upon her with a prominent amber gleam.

Return to “Exploration”