A Gilded Bond; Guardian of the World Tree

These are areas outside of the realms of the Alliance. Venture out into Vescrutia's open world and explore. Go anywhere and show us a side of Vescrutia that might not have been discovered yet.
Zolgarious Gilden
Drifter

A Gilded Bond; Guardian of the World Tree

Post by Zolgarious Gilden »

After reporting his findings Zol found himself back within the realm of Hojuku accompanied by his most trusted friend and valued companion. Merumasa, the Atlier Wolf. As he stood within the atop a whittled mountain he released a deep sigh. Not of apprehension but in relevance of what this realm was like before it was marred by the slightly claws of the Abundi. He saw it, when Zol converted the realm to receive the seed of the world tree a most curious things happened to him. One that he did not share with Clara nor Erigor in his debating with them.

”I saw it Meru, when I forged the catalyst for the world tree coming I saw with my own eyes the past of this land. This land was once ripe with an energy so primal and potent the very air invigorated the life here. In those ancients time behemoths of gargantuan staus roamed these lands.”

Zol looked over to the Horizon

“I…somehow saw into the past. Eons of time and civilization laid down before me. It was marvelous…but also frightening “

How quickly this land prominence had shifted. Gorgeous landscape on minute and mangled turf the next.

“What freighted you?”

His friend asked inquisitively. It was off to catch Zol in such a state of Dee thought. Whatever happened must have really shook something inside of him.

“I…I remembered more of my duty…to Carna and the Aymara. The origin of this Evil that orbit us…and the promise I made to Lilika’s father. The Mikado. “

Meru’s head turned to the side. Despite their bond Meru wasn’t able to read Zol’s mind. He thought he knew the truth of his friend origins already yet it seems that the well ran even deeper. It created a bit of unease in Meru.

“You’re worrying me. What was it you remembered?”

The herald of light turned his gaze out into the distance locking onto the world tree. Even from here he could feel the push and pull of its wvalentgh slowly ebbing through the land like a rhythmic breathing pattern. Inspiring life once more.

“Meru, do you trust me?”

He motioned for Meru’s paw. He looked up at him. Zol’s entire aura was different than before. Like he was shouldering something heavier than even he could handle alone. But withought even a second thought did Meru place his paw in the hand of his friend

”With my very life. And you bet not forget it!”

His furry friend exclaimed brining a wide grin to Zol’s face. Good, because what he knew needed to happen next wasn’t going to be easy for either of them.

”Heh, let’s go say hi to Yggdrasil!

Both with affirmative nods were engulfed in a pillar of light that vanished just as swiftly as it came.

Zolgarious Gilden
Drifter

Re: A Gilded Bond; Guardian of the World Tree

Within seconds they manifested from a plume of soft warm light. The dynamic duo shook the remnants of light particles from their person now standing before the World Tree. Being this close to his creation Zolgarious and the tree patterns aligned, syncing his breathes with the pulses of wavelength.

“Meru, do you know the origin of world trees?”

Meru rolled his eyes

”And why would I know that? I’m a wolf after all we’ve only one use for trees “

Zol laughed heartily, his friend’s honesty always managed to ease his heart when it was troubled. He was going to miss that…

“Ha, I can imagine”

Zol placed his hand on the trunk of the tree. Its trunk humming with light.

“The Aymara are a species of nature fae that are like a type of antithesis of demons. Welding the power of mana they are able to use aura, magic born from the soul. Aymara are born from concepts that oppose those their malign kin are wrought from. As nature fae are intimately tied to the natural world and often have strong elemental ties intertwined with the concepts they were born from.”

Meru pondered Zol words as he sniffed around the tree curiously. Meru did not get the chance to observe it much as they left in such a hurry after the battle.

“Like flames that burn evil or waters of purity?”

Zol turned to him with a smile

“Wind that cures miasma, Earth that rejuvenates, yes brava my friend”

“But of course “

The hound said with an upoty tilt of his nose

“But what about the tree? This design smell like average magic”

“Where Aymara vary amongst their respective nature each a master of their born element and domain. Among them the pinnacle are the Mikado. Fae who are born from the concept…of life itself.”

Meru stopped in his tracks when Zol spoke the last piece of his explanation but it didn’t fully make sense to the young wolf.

“How is that even possible Zol? Life is a pretty big concept for one kind of fairy to embody.”

Zol perched himself upon on of many roots of the giant tree. His friend was more right than he knew. Life was an infinity expanding expression especially here in the center of the universe. So how could The Mikado be far created from life itself…in Zol eyes it was quite simple.

“Think about life like the color spectrum. There are so many types of colors ones that our eyes can’t even perceive, yet they still exist. There are a plethora of shades of blue, none more blue than another. Mixture of colors create new ones and newer ones from those standing well into infinity. The Mikado are like this, they do not embody all of life just certain reflection of it.”

“And your friend? The Faerie King? What kind of expression was he?”

Zol stared off into the distance his eyes running over the various chasms the fore runner butchery created. Thinking about Alawei and his increbly magical power was enough to cause goosebumps on his skin. He had many spars with Wei yet never once was he able to beat him.

“The kind whose very blood was able to create life from nothing. So full of vitality and Naten I once watched him bring an entire desolate forest back to life with but a single drop of his essence… It was the Mikado who created the first kind of world tree magic that I used but days ago…”

Zolgarious Gilden
Drifter

The Sun glossed over the healing terrain. Zol’s mind to glossed over the fearsome mission. Surging that ordeal, being able to save the women abducted by the Ferrymen pummeling the Novik with his bear hands felt like a form of rejection in and of itself. Remembering the mission he was tasked with his party, a talented bunch of hunters. Boy how they didn’t truly understand how in over their heads they were at the time. To think the Novik had a master? A counted being from an evil plane under the diction of a mad man…or demon.

Removing the prince look go the abyss in the Forerunners eyes. The despair that seeped into his spirit that so casually radiated from the demonic incarnation. The many lives that had been lost including his guild mates. Meru came and placed his nose under Zol’s hand affirming his friend of his presence.

“That was a scary time huh Meru? The day we gave our bodies to drive back the Novik. The day my memories returned. “

Meru rubbed his head under Zol’s palm. He remembered it all to well. How his friend gave his life to protect him despite the shadows literally stripping his flesh from him.

“ You gave everything to save the ones you loved. And that is why I would call mine master but you. Zolgarious…why did you really bring me here?”

Meru looked up at his master with a gaze that spoke fathoms about the hounds deeper notion. He and Zol had been tethered for so long that he could feel when he was beating around the bush. Zol seldomly did anything withought some kind of purpose or intention behind it. The way he was reminding…made it sound like he was getting ready to leave…and this time Meru…

“Heh, never was good at hiding things from you, huh buddy?”

Zol ruffled his fur before staring up into the brush of Yggdrasil’s leaves and branches. A wind brushed through it cuss in one of its leaves to trickle down and fall within Zol’s palm. The solem greeenage filled with life bringing essence. Like holding his heart outside his body.

“ Zol…”

The warmth of the leaf was comforting seemingly quelling the growing angst in Zol’s heart. He wasn’t sure how his friend was going to take this. But he had to have faith in not only their bond but in Meru faith in him to trust that his master and friend indeed moved with noble intentions.

“Mikado world tree magic is a magic that involves the soul and body of its user. This particular type of world tree is born A combination of using Naten “natural energy” and mana “spiritual energy”. Not only does it physically heal, rejuvenate and cultivate the lands it’s rooted in with Naten. It also does the same on the spiritual level propagating whatever energy was used at its inception.”

His feet shifted through the dirt helping him to ground himself further.

“The original world tree was formed using the first Mikado’s soul in order to form the seal that kept the bindings of the Nether in place keeping contained the innumerable evils that yearned for freedom. However…there is a price to pay for such powerful magic….”

Meru listened to Zol words…but could not hide his increasing anxiety for Zol heart became heavier with each word he spoke.

“Ones world tree is bonded to their life force…should it perish its creator will also perish along with all the world tree is connected to and vice versa. So the Mikado must stay and guard the world tree less all the life it has wrought be lost….”

He lightly tossed his hand in the air, the leaf he was holding traveling on the passing gales.

“In most cases this would be a cause for concern…for in time all things fade. But the Mikado, they are in fact immortal beings. So long as their soul remain in take should their physical form perish they will be reincarnated. This happens in one of two ways. Either their physical form is destroyed or…they…well, wilt.”

Zolgarious Gilden
Drifter

Meru would hop onto the root next to Zol whose gaze was locked on the tree golden bark.

“Wilt? I thought the they were people, you make them sound like plants…”

Zol smiled, he supposed he never thought about the Aymara that way. Though in truth he supposed that in fact was one way to describe them.

”Well, to use your example, you could think of them like a plant that regrows itself each time it dies and is constantly growing in evolving. Every 1,000 years the Mikado annd their world tree undergo a process known as “The Wilting” a process in which they shed their physical form and their soul evolves. Since the tree and its creator are intimately tied the tree also suffered a growth spurt. What this evolution yields depends on the culmination of that Mikados experience over the last millennium. Whatever the case their power has the potential to grow exponentially each time. However…the wilting also leaves the Mikado withought a physical form and in a stat of stasis that can last well over 100 years.”

Zol sighed thinking about the next part of it all…he could tell Meru was beyond on edge but he hoped that by the end of this tale his friend would understand the significance of what he brought him here for.

“During that time both the mikado and their world tree are weakened and this so is the seal upon the Nether…. Allowing lesser demon and cosmic horrors to wage war on Carna hoping to slay the Fae ruler and tree both releasing untold evil and claiming the Mikado powerful soul for them elves…none more than the evil known as The Red eye…”

Zol hand began to tremble. Just recounting that harrowing fight sent tremor of fear through his body. Meru placed his paw on Zol hand and licked his face. Zol exhaled trying to center himself again.

“What is that? Sound like a bad eye infection”

“Ha, Wei used to say the same. He used to say dealing with it was like having someone constantly poking you in the eye non stop…. It is a force that has existed since the first touch of consciousness dawned in the universe. Through the ages it has held many names. The Scarlet Moon, The Crimson Gate way, Sanguine Firy… The Primordial Red. A being of unfathomable power. Thought to be a concept of rage and fury incarnate. It’s hard to pinpoint exactly what the entity is but if you ask me it is a Fae of the highest order emoting the essence of the cosmos’s indignation. Though it I still largely a mystery what we do know is that it disperses the total destruction of all life save for itself. To be the sole inheritor of all things…with a particular disdain for the Aymara… the only ones who have been able to stand up to the beast so far.”

“This is a lot to wrap my canine brain around Zol. But you still haven’t answered my question. If that was all in the past. What does t have to do with you now? “

Zol rubbed Meru’s head before rising from the root they were perched on. He stood towards the horizon his palms igniting with his mana.

“Come, it will be much easier t show you…then Meru you will understand the vital role you play in the very fate of the world’s salvation…”

Return to “Exploration”