The Unlikely Hero

The Lunjuer study the path of Stars and Master the power of Soul Beat.
Zeik
King of Chaos

The Unlikely Hero

Post by Zeik »

He walked into his office, eyes glued to a glowing screen that floated at eye level. His hands stroked the thin black hairs on his chin as he studied the reports his secretary had given him.

"A spike in violent abductions in connections with a new cult?"

He said as he closed the door behind him and made his way over to his desk, but not before grabbing a container of fruit that rested by his window. His eyes took a quick glance out the window, catching a glispe of the villagers moving about their day.

They seemed happier today than they had within a while, perhaps the extra food the Amaris Wing brought in had lifted their spirits. He took a seat at his desk, his cape resting at his side.

"Hmmmm."
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Re: Searching for The Stolen.

Post by Zeik »

"How can a million ppl go missing within a years time and not one lead surface on where they've been taken. "

He paced around his office, his crystal tablet still float near his sight line. The hours had passed, though the near infinite sun light of vescritia would have you believing other wise.

"Even if they were taking these people to space they'd leave a foot print with these numbers, merit...that be incredibly expensive and impractical."

He thumbed through a note that quoted a number of ufo's were sighted crashing into the Devils Eye. Suspicious curled within brow.

"Whats the approximate radius of the storm, Devils eye?"

Computerized voice: 6-8000 miles depending on tidal influence.

"Hmm."
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Re: Searching for The Stolen.

Post by Zeik »

He gasped in pain as he felt a sudden jolt rush down his spine. Soon the sound of whales calling to one another began to ring inside his head, followed by a sudden flood of voices. He'd been a seer for the better part of 6 millennial and was no stranger to the woes of clairaudience;but, this was out of the ordinary. He began to tune in and the more he focused, the less voices he heard. A sign the signal was getting stronger. It wasn't long before only one voice remained and their messages, a faint feminine voice struggled to speak.

"Conqueror's are free."

His brows curled up with concern. There was a time where even among the laziest of student, the atrocities of the "The Conqueror's," were common knowledge. But only a handful of arch mages possessed both the sanity and talent to free a conqueror in this era.

He rose from his desk and rushed over to a book case where he grabbed a worn leather bound book and began searching feverishly through it's pages for something.

"Where are you?"

He shouted, his questions going unanswered.

"The connection is getting weaker by the moment."

He continued to scroll through the book in his hand with a certain look of frustration on his face, before shouting triumphantly.

"...Spern Whales?!. I heard Spern Whales when she was first speaking. Their known to swim near the Veil during this time of year."

He said victoriously as he rushed to grab his cloak, wrapping around his neck in an instant. It was only a hunch about the dying woman's location, but he was certain this was the clue he'd been waiting for.

" Sounded like someone's dying wish, I should hurry."

He opened his window and climbed onto the ledge, the wind was especially strong today, it nearly took his footing right from him. He regained his balance and reached his hands into the sky.

"A strong wind...that could help ."

He said with a smile before forming the muudra for Connection. He twisted his arms around one another and pressed his palms together before moving his arms into his chest and pressing , his now upright palms, against his chest.

"Aero's . I sense the fury of an angel whose ready to stop hiding it's wings. However ,I fear they rose in arms against their lord too soon, show me what the winds carry?"

Visions of a battle between a dark skin maiden and a beast in black armor flooded his mind, rapidly the images raced through his psyche before revealing a woman cast away on a piece of drift wood near a large storm. Behind her was the ever raging storm near the southern equator, a phenomenon know as the Veil.

"Why would anyone be so close to the Veil?"

He said before performing the mudra for Zero shift and disappearing into a burst of light.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Re: Searching for The Stolen

Post by Zeik »

He was gone in a flash, a sight the astral citizens had become all to familiar with. Every now and again, without much warning, a burst of sound would crack through the sky, leaving the new arrivals in wonderment, while giving some of the more veteran members of the city a familiar talking point. "He enters and exits the village like that three times a day it seems., maybe more...where does he go?" said a student who happened to be studying near the Hall of Aces, a corridor that connected the the school, Ars Haven. "I'm not sure, but I'm certain he's compressing space around him to reach those speeds." said another student, who was passing by the hall of Aces. The two joined together in conversation exchanging bits of information about the elusive student council .

Mystery Student: How does he compress enough space, in such a short amount of time? He must be using a lot of naten;but, I've read stories of him using that skill in rapid succession?

Second Student: I cant say for sure, but Zeik is regarded as having a plethora of Naten, so maybe that's the answer?

Mystery student:....Maybe. Have you ever seen any of the Ace's?

Second student: Well, I've-

A second burst of light, stretched across the sky and a loud boom followed behind it. In its wake, Zeik appeared. He landed near the students who were conversing near the Hall of Aces. His eyes rose to meet them and a smile creeped onto his face.

"Vita and Zion, I'm so glad you're here." Zeik said as soon as he caught his breath. He carried in his arm a woman whose clothes were drenched and covered in strange color seaweed. He pulled the weed off her as he approached the two student.

Vita and Zion:...He knows our name? -The two students said in unison, only to be rattled from their stupor by a second shout from the Astral King.

Zeik: Vita, you're studying Medical science and Zion, you're the leader in your class of Mycology. This woman is covered in strange spores, I've never seen them before.

Zion quickly shook himself from his confusion and rushed over to Zeik and the woman he held. He pushed away his feeling and pulled from a bag on his waist a book that read 'The Fungi among me.' "What are her symptoms?" This book is organi-

Vita:Her body temperature is dropping, partial due to the water I imagined she was submerged in, but also...something else is accelerating it; guessing the spores on her body. -She placed her hands on the woman's forehead before continuing to speak- "Her spirit is still fighting, but...I think she's been exposed to too much of the fungus. Zeik...why didn't you bring her to the medical wing, first? They have way better technology then the two of us, we're standing in the middle of hallway.

Zeik:I...already saw her die in the hospital, the staff...weren't successful at diagnosing the issue and prescribing a solution.

Vita and Zion: were silently for a moment, they weren't sure how to respond.

Vita:Then you...saw us save her life, then tell us what too do.

Zion:Yea...what did we do?

Zeik
King of Chaos

Re: Searching for The Stolen

Post by Zeik »

His face twisted with concern as his eyes darted between them. He listened to the two students, but found it difficult to offer them clear words on the matter-Nothing was certain. Without offering them an answer, he began a complicated sequence of mudra, weaving the dance together with little sign of effort. "Bound by rules." He said in conclusion of his mudra, which placed the dying woman in a temporal field, allowing time to be virtual frozen around her.

Zeik: I couldn't hope to summarize your actions into an easily digestible statement. All I know for sure is that the only time I heard her speak, was after meeting you guys.

His eyes bounced between the two of them, pleading and searching for a sign that he was making the right move; but, regardless of how hopeful he was...he couldn't ignore the amount of pressure he was suddenly placing on students.

Zeik:...I'm sorry, I've asked too much of you. I'll think o-

Zion: Hold on. Her symptoms are eerily similar to rattle tail exposure, but those things have been extinct for eons.

Zeik:....

Vita snatched the book from her fellow student and quickly sifted through the pages, only stopping when she had found the reference she was seeking.

Vita: I think these are the herbs she needs

Zion carefully took the book from vita and nodded in surprised with her finding.

Zion:Yea...how did you kn-

Vita:I've been studying those exact spores...

she said with a look of despair on her face.

Vita:but...no one believed me when I

Zion was distracted with vita's pain for a moment, but quickly folded an edge of the page and spoke with a well needed sense of courage.

Zion:I have some of these in my room. Does the Medical ward have any Lions Fern and Phoenix Breath, Zeik?

Zeik:I'll check medical and then my own reserves if need be. Vita....make sure no one touches her while we're gone. Her temporal field will become increasingly unstable the further she is from the caster and moving the field...wouldn't be ideal for any of us. I'm sorry to have thrust this upon you both, but...

Vita:Just go! both of you. I dont need your virtuous words to coax me into saving someone's life. I want to help.

Return to “Lunjuer Wing”