I'd Like My Rematch Before I Leave..

Qarinah
Drifter

Re: I'd Like My Rematch Before I Leave..

Post by Qarinah »

The waters soaking against Zeik's legs hardened around them, forming chains and shackles of ice cold enough to kill his nerves upon contact.

They numbered in the tens of thousands and swarmed him from every angle, drawing strength and fortitude from the boundlees supply of water he waded in. Qarinah was indeed approaching, quickly. And every second she got closer intensified the hungry cabal of frozen chains. She dove from the sky, ripping through the chalky fog like a meteor. She was foaming at mouth beneath her helm, drawn to the scent of his blood like a moth to a flame. His makian viscera enticed her fury and paired it with her primal instincts. She was still beside herself, for the moment it seemed.

Qarinah descended on him with no formal attack or even the idea of one. But the force she carried doubled and trippled in magntiude every second she spent away from him. Upon contact, all of the Freshwater Sea would remember her might should the Hellgate meet her head on again. The impact would dwarf her initial attack, but the assault that predicated it would be biblical.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

The icy cold snare of Qarinah chains, threatened to do more than just bind the distracted king to the waters, somewhere between the subzero temperatures and the spike in naten used to form the chains, triggered the Hellgates instincts. His flames reacted without command and ignited his infamous white hot Aura and the surge of Naten from his Aura's release jolted the dazzed Hellgate back to the mortal plane. His eyes shut up towards the desending harbinger spiraling towards him, as his blazing Aura incinerated the chains without pause.

"Shackles?! Now you've insulted me..."

He said with a solemn tone as he focused a concentrated amount of Naten to the tips of his fingers and tried to avoid the spiraling madwoman with a series of well excuted backflips. His feet were dug into the sand and upon his skillful display of acrobatics, they flung super heated gysers of water towards the desending Q in the shape of a dragon.
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Qarinah
Drifter

Post by Qarinah »

As promised, upon impact all of the Freshwater Sea would reel from the otherworldly force Qarinah dragged behind her. She was trying to coax out those legendary flames and intended to meet them head on.. the tranquil sea didn't stand a chance. The dragon/gysers tore into Qarinah's armored body like cannon balls but her inertia refused to resistance. She was barely held a physical form at all at this point. The power she descended with made her mostly a vector.

Her collision with the salty waters echoed the Astral like a celestial force of nature, whipping up a trunade of tsunamis and geysers that crystallized into awave of an enormous jagged glaciers with murderous intent.

They clashed with Zeik's pulverizing dadedric cannons and sought to overwhelm them in their perpetual assasult for the Hellgate. The razor sharp tidal wave traveled toward him like a vindictive avalanche, all the while Qarinah retreated into the chaos. Conveying any strategy at all though insinuated that she was returning to her senses, but that the bout may take a turn into the more complex.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

He watched Qurinah through narrow slits as his gysers crashed into Q. Once again virtually useless against her armor or was it her speed- he wondered. He formed a family mudra while exiting his series of backflips and landed on the air above the waters with a springy bounce. His clothes were blowing in the wind, rustled aggressively by the tremendous force created from Qarinah desent. She pushed away the clouds and low laying fog, giving him a clear sightline.

"...God Hand."

He said gently under his breath,releasing the mudra he charged and focusing naten at the tips of his fingers to quickly coat his hands in a bright white gel that pulsed with lethal levels of thermal radiation.

The force of Q's impact was unquestionable' he was right to trust in his insticts and avoid her ravenous Impact head-on. She collided with the shore and released a burst of sheer concussive force? He wasnt sure but he was certain of the devastation threatening to strike him and feared being skewered by the frozen stones that now made up the Fresh water sea.

He extended his hands and met the destructive force released from Q colliding into the waters, stopping the 'blast,' from going any further by emmiting a thick wall of hellish thermal radiation. It goes without mention that hellfire, was a devourist flame and played out well in these circumstances- as his flames rapidly drained the naten from anything caught within its radiation.

'Our hunger must've been the common ground for a couple centuries, even though the memory of that night was lost to my subconcious.'

-He shouted, projecting his voice over the thunderous collisions of their waring forces.-
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Qarinah
Drifter

Post by Qarinah »

'Our hunger must've been the common ground for a couple centuries, even though the memory of that night was lost to my subconcious.'
Qarinah responded with a disembodied cackle that was barely loud enough to be heard over the sounds of clashing elements. Zeik's wall of Hellfire evaporated her crystal assualt upon contact, bathing him in huge plumes of steam that checkered the night sky like storm clouds. Sizzling droplets of water poured from the heavens and soaked the air in suffocating humidity.

"..oh?"

The haunting fog whispered, before Qarinah's heavily gilded body materialized from its dense veil like a specter. Thanks to her tidal wave of crystal, Qarinah was able to keep Zeik in one spot.. if only for a moment, it was all she needed. She excelled at close range, but her opponent was a sniper. And Origin vision made sneaking up on him practically impossible. So the method she chose was to overwhelm his omnipotent senses with constan, constant, constant pressure.

Now, she was close enough to smell the monarchs natural musk. Her arms reached from behind his head, aiming to constrict his neck and fire blasting arm in a bone snapping, submissive stranglehold.

"..what could a mortal know about hunger?"

If her grapple succeeded, she'd remind her presumptuous ally of her strength. That otherwordly might that comes with the curse of true hunger, and the gap it created between between hunter and prey.. From beneath her monstrous shell, the inhumane swelling of muscles and oscillating power began tearing cracks into her impregnable armor. Drool slid out of her mouth plate as she put her best efforts into putting Zeik to sleep, or snapping enough of his bones to render a white flag from him.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

She laughed dissaprovingly from within the veil of thick fog, he could almost see her the smirk on her face, despite the emergence of suffocating humidity now surronding the shore.

"Oh"
"You.. disagree?"

He questioned with a hint of pain, wounded by her rejection;despits being locked in combat. The thought of which brought him to a laugh, one that slid out as a slight chuckle under his breath.

"..what could a mortal know about hunger?"

If her grapple succeeded, she'd remind her presumptuous ally of her strength. That otherwordly might that comes with the curse of true hunger, and the gap it created between between hunter and prey.. From beneath her monstrous shell, the inhumane swelling of muscles and oscillating power began tearing cracks into her impregnable armor. Drool slid out of her mouth plate as she put her best efforts into putting Zeik to sleep, or snapping enough of his bones to render a white flag from him.
"Mortal...I am not my body."

-He hadnt activated his birthrune, origin vision-leaving him vunerable to rear ended attacks, allowing the skilled killer a frame at mounting her chokehold. His attention was divided after all, split between nullfying the destructive forces of Q's attack and the blinding, suffocating humidity created from their collision.

She came upon him like a whisper, much to be expected when her profession had always kept her in close company with death. Her arms swept into position fast, locking themselves around his neck and leaving no room for air. This wasnt something he had expected, perhaps thats why it was successful- he couldnt have perceived anyone would risk their lives this way. He didnt panic once her grip was around his neck, despite the crushing force of her hold trying to collaspe his windpipe- he kept his composure, a skill he was known for.

However his spirit, unbound from its shackles of the flesh, responded to Q's threat in kind-and several flaming claws erupted from his Aura and raced towards her. The flaming claws looked like they belonged to a creature that stood as high as mountains and with Qarinah so close to him it wasnt much of a stretch to grab her. The arms(3) would grab hold of her wrist, crushing her armor into her skin and grab her head-threating to pry her grip from his neck and her head from her own neck- with a contrasting ferocity to his bodies composure.

If she truly wanted to win by chockhold, she'd have to do so while enduring being pulled apart by his Auric appendages. His own hands however, were slowly reaching towards her forearm around his neck, giving her ample time to reconsider be grasped by his God Hands technique.

Qarinah
Drifter

Post by Qarinah »

Zeik's flaming sentinels chewed through Qarinah's suit of armor as if it were made of butter; clawing at its uniquely borne minerals until they sheared her flesh from bone. In seconds, flaming talons smeared the cold air with the scent of soured meat, smoldering over a white flame.

One of them tightened their Zeus like grip around Qarinah's helmet until the elven carved head piece coalesced into fleeting petals of ash, revealing beneath it Qarinah's massively burned smirking mug.

When the two of them first met, Qarinah thought herself invincible. A god, born with a body that was both an unbreakable shield and an unstoppable sword. It was her hunger that brought her to his home, the aroma of powerful magics sweetening his blood into a coveted delicacy. Under any circumstance, her quest for food would have yielded anything but excitement. The eyes of her prey were often void of competition when paired against her will, as any living being would be when corned by Death's hooded visage. But she was humbled when she encountered this particular wizard. This man, shletered beneath his occult inferno. Hellfire. She met his blaze head first and the intensity of the otherworldly flames choked psalms of torment from her charred lips that burrowed further than any physical injury she'd healed from in the past. She wondered if Zeik remember that sound. This beast hallowing at the aether. Today was much different.

Now, as her sand colored skin melted against those mountain sized talons, her exposed mandible fashioned itself into the most wicked smile the Hellgate would ever see. Her hungry tongue, swimming and sizzling within her gallery of exposed fangs. Qarinah had almost forgot what it felt like to fight. To bleed. For thousands of years Qarinah championed a life of war, bloodshed, and excitement. Absolute power had weakened her. Bored her, all until Zeik reminded her of the thrill of the hunt, the fear of death.. and she wasn't letting go. Figuartively and physically.

In fact, while Zeik's aura of hellfire fought to pry off Qarinah's naked, mostly skeletal frame, her own demonic power began magnifying her muscle by astronomical units.
"Mortal..? I am not my body.."
"..přøve ţhį§.."

Qarinah's soft, soothing voice was felled by the deep, warped baritone of the Devil himself. No what slipped from her mouth hole(s) was the weathered voice of a man, monster, or some unholy mixture of both.

Without her armor, when the sun was down, Qarinah was free to utilize her massive arsenal of abilities and shape-shifting was a her clear favorite. Her transformation was bloody, visceral, and sudden like a flash of lightning.

Four large vascular tendrils tore through her back and abdomen, tufts of blood covered white fur splintered from her pores, and more than several hundred thousand pounds of engorged muscle swelled around her bones.

The creature she favored was that of an "Uru", a rare breed of a predatory organism whose fur carried enchanted properties. Properties Qarinah sought to test against one of the most powerful embers in the cosmos. Her new, morphed body began healing exponentially faster than before, despite fighting off the tendrils blistering heat. The Uru were normally thirteen feet but had the ability to grow when exposed to high levels of naten or dangerous plateaus of radiation. She focused four of her new, tree like appendages to shield her from the dwarfing claws of hellfire, while her other two tried to contort Zeik's arms into shockingly vile positions.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

Post reviews
Qarinah wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:23 pm
Zeik's flaming sentinels chewed through Qarinah's suit of armor as if it were made of butter; clawing at its uniquely borne minerals until they sheared her flesh from bone. In seconds, flaming talons smeared the cold air with the scent of soured meat, smoldering over a white flame.

One of them tightened their Zeus like grip around Qarinah's helmet until the elven carved head piece coalesced into fleeting petals of ash, revealing beneath it Qarinah's massively burned smirking mug.
---- His eyes gleamed over his shoulder, even as death tightened her grip around his neck, his composure didn't waver. Albeit he assumed Q wouldve just let him go. He didn't expect her to willingly be seared by cursed flames of hellfire, yet here she was. Immolating and still cracking a smile through charred flesh and immortal bone. "Impressive." He said through a crack in her grip. Whatever mannor of hell that created Q, did so with frightening awareness of the arcane and no sense of compassion. To bind that level of invulnerability to bone must've cost millions of lives.
Qarinah wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:23 pm
The creature she favored was that of an "Uru", a rare breed of a predatory organism whose fur carried enchanted properties. Properties Qarinah sought to test against one of the most powerful embers in the cosmos. Her new, morphed body began healing exponentially faster than before, despite fighting off the tendrils blistering heat. The Uru were normally thirteen feet but had the ability to grow when exposed to high levels of naten or dangerous plateaus of radiation. She focused four of her new, tree like appendages to shield her from the dwarfing claws of hellfire, while her other two tried to contort Zeik's arms into shockingly vile positions.
"Wow. You didnt wanna talk at all! Let me go."

His eyes shot open revealing his iridescent pupils, the hallmark of his activated birthrune, origin vision. What was supposed to be a spirited chat, had turned into a kaiju battle. Astral city, roughly 50 miles away from the fresh water shore, could probably see this. Though they were safe from danger, given the sheer protective capabilities of the Hulgurd shields, helaguard. Their minds were free of worry. Situations like this happened all around vescrutia, often equally as random and fleeting. Rage filled quarms settled over life altering, world shattering ego filled disputes. Tempers flared and the lives of millions are lost, usually without any warning or reprieve.

"Ok. I'm not asking…"

He said as he kicked the Uru arms, targeting the muscles that controled its massive grip. On reflex, something much faster than conscious control, Q's grip would either weaken or release entirely; either way, his arm was free. With his
legs he tucked them into his chest and kicked with a huge donkey press into, what would seem like, empty space between himself and the enlarged Uru. However, as he collided with the air inbetween Q and himself, a burst of force would crash into Q and Zeik would be propelled out of the mighty animal's grip.

"...Anymore!"

With speed comparable to instantaneous travel, his body appeared on the ground, sliding to halt, with his right arm nursing his left shoulder. It was dislocated, perhaps a result of the Uru's grip or maybe a result of his escape, he wasnt sure and didnt care. He snapped his bone back into place, and hastily formed his Ava with his right hand in order to collect naten. His eyes shifted about, rapidly processing the volumes of information that origin vision swelled his sense with. Size. Weight. genetic feats, genetic weaknesses. What she ate last week. All flooding into his conscious mind, overwhelming him, but he worked well under pressure, even better when observed.

"Come my Animus, dawn breaker!"

He shouted in anger, summoning his fabled weapon of choice. The animus, a type of spirit-weapon that took the form reflective of his emotional body. Typically manifested as a katana, but today a massive hammer fell too his rear. The hammer was roughly 5 ft tall and had a round flat bass on both sides of its head. His fingers weaved between a series of mudra as the hammer rested on his back. From Q's perspective, the space behind him would appear to stretch outwards as if the shore was moving away from them both. This was an optical illusion, for neither the shore nor the warrior's were moving;but, the experience persisted and worsened exponentially as his mudra carried on.

"Zero…."

He said under his breath as the space around him continued to distort.

Qarinah
Drifter

Post by Qarinah »

The Beast belted in disgust after letting Zeik literally slip from its tree trunk fingers, grasping at air until she noted his appearance beneath her. The magnitude of her vocal eruption whipped the Astral Sea into a frenzy beneath her, and ripped apart the senses of any being unfortunate enough to weather the primal hymn.

Zeik was right... the citizens of his Kingdom were close enough to their decadent clash to see the sparks crease the heavens, but the wellbeing of his denizens couldn't be further from her mind. Not right now anyway..

Qarinah's Uru body was almost the size of small house after enduring the Hellgate's notorious inferno, casting a dwarfing shadow over Zeik that shaded him from the moonlight. The burns on her flesh was mending beneath her snow colored tufts of fur, along with the upper half of her razor toothed scowl, but there was a MAJOR issue gnawing at her. Despite their unique Physiology, not even the Uru could provide a tangible defense against the intangible effects of Hellfire. Qarinah's insides.. her "soul", or lack thereof, was being torn asunder after crossing those flames. Just like before... her body felt heavy, corrupted, and sick at its core.. which was an impossibility given her inhuman composition, but the degenerative affects of Hellfire imposed their will.

She didn't show it. Not like she could with her new, grizzly mug being nothing aside from ferocious, but on the inside Qarinah was suffering.. and the worst part about it was that she was too hungry to properly compensate. She was besides herself, she honestly had been for the lion's share of this bout. Subconsciously, it was her hunger all along that goaded her into confronting Zeik once again. Alone. As soon as the sun fell to a fleeting crest, she lusted after the memory of their last battle, the aroma his pheromones left in the air.. it teased and tantalized until her desire blotted her vision. She just wanted a taste.. she needed it.. At this moment, there was nothing else in this world that she craved more.

The earth rolled from at the reverb of her grumbling belly. It had been centuries since Qarniah spoiled herself with a decent meal. After affiliating her Temple with The Astral, Qarinah had to tether her diet to a moral compass. No more engoring herself on whatever she wanted. Before she met Zeik, there was no limit to her appetite. No belt to unbuckle. No innocent to consider.. Qarinah could drain an entire city on her own and would then scrape the blood from the corpses. Now, she had to be so objective and selective with what she hunted she'd been losing mass. Or at least slimming down a bit. Vanity exposed to subtle changes her new diet placed on her immortal body. Amending herself with this Zeik did have its perks well worth the sacrifice, but everything in this world came with a price.

>!!!RĀÅAAUŲÙĞĞHHH!!! <

Her guttural roar would fuel the nightmares of Astral residents for generations and force any intelligent wild life to consider migration. The volume alone was deadly, without even considering its source. It was deep and loud enough to burst eardrums or puncture other soft tissue membranes. And it was focused at him.

She was bloodlusted.. or at the very least traipsing along the cusp, and she directed all several thousand tons of her toward Zeik. She crashed through the skies like a meteor, boiling through the misty winds with her gnashing jaws and murderous talons all fixed for a massacre. There was no reflection in her beady, yellow moons. No inference of the women they belonged to. Just pools of malice. Golden, murderous comets set to explode with excitement upon contact. This feeling.. it wasnt new to Qarinah.. but she never did learn how to control herself when it happened. She never had to though. She always just took what she wanted, especially when she was this hungry.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

He felt her. Her rage was his rage. She was angry, maybe even at the idea of their bond entirely. However, it didnt matter. No matter how relative that may have been on the microcosm,those feelings were mute to the ferocity they would become.

His hands gripped the long hilt of his battle hammer, clutching it tightly as to harden his conviction before the gutural roar of the Uru sought to overwhelm him. Under the gaze of origin vision, a visual technique that greatly enhanced his senses sensitivity to light and sound, the hairs on his skin rose in anticipation, forewarning him about the impending bellow. The tremble of Qs shout rippled across the waves of the air long before and after she released her primal roar and experience that felt stretched to its limits for him.

"Zero Shift."

The final words of his incantation seemed to unravel the visual phenomena of the contracting space behind him and rendered his body invinsible. Or atleast thats how the eyes would tell it, unless they were capable of perceiving something breaking the sound barrier every square inch as space itself propelled him. The rapid acceleration of Zero shift, catapulted him towards the screeching Uru, shattering the tumultuous shout like glass, as his speed should have dwarfed the speed of the primal shout by the time they collided. In a blink of an eye hed be upon the Uru, moved by space ,poised to strike the beast with dawn breaker-hopefully bringing a swift and safe end to Q tyrannical outburst.

His aim was guided by his vision, not only could he sense her intentions, but he could perceive her reflexes as they were being triggered. Making it easier to react to her flailing tendrils and huge arms, not that he'd need to dodge any of them at the speeds he was moving at.

Return to “Freshwater Shore”