I'd Like My Rematch Before I Leave..

Qarinah
Drifter

I'd Like My Rematch Before I Leave..

Post by Qarinah »

-Both of Vescrutia's suns were finally setting along the vista of the Freshwater Sea and Qarinah had been watching it all from the sandy coast, clad in her armor, resting atop a moss covered boulder. Her eyes followed the twin stars slowly convene at the crest of the sea, filling the cloudy sky with a vermillion river of color.

Qarinah rarely ever stepped foot from her temple when the sun was out, but today was different. Despite her equipment, the woman's disposition conveyed heavy thought and reflection. She cradled a handful of sand that slipped through the cracks of her cobalt gauntlet, but her menacing helmet never broke its gaze at the setting stars. She looked as if she were caught in a spell, but that was only half the case.-

"..you lose again."

-She whispered as the suns dipped further and further into the horizon, slowly decaying the vibrant blister of colors in the sky into a sacred, creeping blackness. The darker it got, the brighter the golden gleam piercing through her eye plates. It filled her old bones with poetic joy to watch the sunfall, since it watches her hide. It was thanks to the person she was waiting for, that she found her first leg up against the celestial giant. Her Animus, one of the three different blades that rested in the sand next to her. She'd been waiting for him now for less than twenty minutes, but she'd been on the Freshwater Shore for a few hours. She was certain he could sense the sudden spike of Naten her body slowly secreted. It was colorless, and harmless to her surroundings, but toxic to someone with such a sensitive connection to the ebb and flow of energy as Zeik was.-

Zeik
King of Chaos

Re: I'd Like My Rematch Before I Leave..

Post by Zeik »

He entered under the the fading crimson gleam of the twin suns, he’d gotten the request from Qarinah to meet by the shore just moments ago and rushed to meet her. He could sense her urgency right away when they spoke, but as he drew closer to her perched position—he quickly realized she wasn’t here to just...talk.

Following the beat that had lead him hear, his instincts leaped at the chance to great his comrade;but, his mood was quickly changing.

“Hell—oo oo”

He stuttered. His knees growing weak at the sight of the ominous crimson gleam of his waning ally.

“Qarinah...You said you wanted to see me before you left?”

-He asked. Remaining ever conscious of creeping shadows taking back their lost ground from the stars.-
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Qarinah
Drifter

Post by Qarinah »

"I do.."

-She said dryly, rising from her mossy rock/stump as Zeik closed the distance between them. She was already pretty tall, but standing in her armor gave Qarinah four inches easy.-

"How long has it been? Since I've tried to eat you?"

-Her normally modulated voice seemed tickled from listening to Zeik's hastening heart rate. Adrenaline tinted the blood with a savory aroma that was as distinct to a person as their finger print. She'd never smelled anything as enticing as the Hellgate; his old age and powerful lineage added tones of flavor that couldn't be relayed through rhetoric alone. A toothy smirk spread beneath her helmet as she looked to the darkening heavens.-

"I remember chasing that scent for days before I found you.. I was so excited when I did, I forgot I had to kill you before sunrise."

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

The spaces in between his heart beat seemed too long, the seconds within this confusion stretched his senses into his only true enemy—doubt. He couldn’t shake it—his senses rarely mislead him. Q...came to fight.

But...why? They were the best of friends, comrades at the very least— he thought. It was the combined effort of her and the rest of The Ace’s, that paved the way for Astral City’s sovereignty.
Qarinah wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:40 am
"How long has it been? Since I've tried to eat you?"

-Her normally modulated voice seemed tickled from listening to Zeik's hastening heart rate. Adrenaline tinted the blood with a savory aroma that was as distinct to a person as their finger print. She'd never smelled anything as enticing as the Hellgate; his old age and powerful lineage added tones of flavor that couldn't be relayed through rhetoric alone. A toothy smirk spread beneath her helmet as she looked to the darkening heavens.-

"I remember chasing that scent for days before I found you.. I was so excited when I did, I forgot I had to kill you before sunrise."
-

His blood pressure finally leveled, near instantly as he confirmed Q’s intentions and her motive.

“That’s what this is about?”

-He said softly. Taking a gentle step away from the encroaching shadows, which all but signified the timer between their inevitable clash.-

“You had me worried—damn, it feels good to admit that. I thought I’d wandered myself into the realm of your enemies—of which, I would be surely...ruined.

Though you’d have to refresh my memory...Much of that night is a blur, givin the blood loss—it’s a miracle we’re having this conversation.”

-He gazed over at fleeting remnants of the waning twins—their blood red hue staining the pale shores.-

“But!.”

He said sharply, stepping right to the edge of twilight, caressing the shadows wit the tips of his bare feet.

“If it’s contest you want, why’d you choose dusk? The dawn would’ve been to your advantage.”

-He said boldly. His misguided confidence in the situation fueled by true ignorance.-
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Qarinah
Drifter

Post by Qarinah »

“You had me worried—damn, it feels good to admit that. I thought I’d wandered myself into the realm of your enemies—of which, I would be surely...ruined.

Though you’d have to refresh my memory...Much of that night is a blur, givin the blood loss—it’s a miracle we’re having this conversation.”
-Qarinah chuckled, but it sounded more like a muffled grunt from beneath her helmet.

As stated, Qarinah had sitting along the coast for hours waiting for Zeik to arrive, but to her it had only been minutes before his voice broke her trance like state..

Through literal epochs of imprisonment, Qarinah has learned to overcome her surroundings despite how strenuous they may be. Whether they be the lashings of enchanted whips against her flesh, being buried below sea level for thousands of years, the mind numbing hunger of being starved for centuries. She learned to make it all go away. As she had done in her coffin so many times before, Qarinah had tilted her head back to clouds, closed her eyes and retired for relief into the sanctity of her memory palace.

For this little time, the metallic cylinder binding her body would be morphed into a palace of a thousand rooms and miles of corridors. The architecture of the abstract château followed the designs of ancient artisans lost long ago to the wretches of time; it was severe, beautiful, and timless. The inside of her palace was airy, high-ceilinged, furnished with all caliber of objects, a showcase of her favorite cuisines, and crystallized tableaux of her fondest memories. Here she could spend centuries among her exquisite collections, refining her skills, tastes, or strategies while her body laid bound by the various coils of her enemies.

As the suns danced above her, Qarinah revisited her thunderous battle with Zeik and had been dissecting her methods with extreme prejudice. It was more than two hundred years ago but she could recall every moment as if she'd been watching it on film. The heat of his flames, the tremor of his guttural roars that boasted draconian loins. Zeik thought himself a wizard but she had grown to know him, and the man was meek to a fault. The first time Qarinah picked up his scent she thought she was hunting an Anima or some sentient body of raw naten powerful enough to sate her hunger for years. She was shocked to find a man and even more so at the power he possessed.-

".. your survival that night was no miracle. I thought you were food and I underestimated you--"

-She said flatly. There were VERY few creatures on this planet that clashed with Qarinah and managed to crawl away. Bloodied or not, every breath Zeik took was a testament to his ability.. and a small insult to someone who had been worshipped as a god of death.-
But!.”

He said sharply, stepping right to the edge of twilight, caressing the shadows wit the tips of his bare feet.

“If it’s contest you want, why’d you choose dusk? The dawn would’ve been to your advantage.”
-Qarinah took a moment for Zeik's hubris to slide from the sheath of her armor and sucked her teeth. Polaris and Xilpha had been completely swallowed by the Freshwater sea at this point and the creeping moonlight seemed to meet directly at Qarinah's helm. The air grew colder with the first breath the still obelisk drew since arriving here. The tides grew a tad bit reckless as well.-

"..I won't be needing my Animus. Honestly, I think it'll kill you but that's not why. I'm going hunting tonight and I just need someone to help me stretch before I leave. I plan on killing what I find this time."

-Qarinah's natural voice was smooth and sensual like a full bodied merlot but her tone beneath her mask gave her words an ominous timber. The Ghost of Kaiiro had no rivals, fewer friends, and no disciples at her temple that could challenge her. Zeik's was the only body she knew that could weather her might and toss it back. Granted, Qarinah never took the time to explore the extent of the Shinobi Alliance.-

"You don't mind, do you?"

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

His hair rested over his shoulder, tightly coiled together to keep control of his wool like texture. The waves of the freshwater sea grew more agressive as the planet became became ensnared by Vescrutia's whether abundant lunar presence.

Qarinah chuckled confused the Astral King, her armor distorted her already modulated voice;but, he didn't misread her heart. Cold, sharp and analytical...but not beyond humor.
".. your survival that night was no miracle. I thought you were food and I underestimated you--"

"Hmm, underestimated me? Well, your senses are sharper than any dragons tooth;but, they'd be pushed to their limits when trying to grasp the potential of Makaian blood."

-He didn't have much memory of their initial meeting and the scars from that faithful night 200 years ago, had long since healed. In Fact when he finally came too , he was determined only to find the creature he vaguely remembered wounding.-

"You truly did surprise me that night."

-He said with a chuckle, he hands resting at his sides, gently rubbing the soft texture of his Ars Haven uniform.-

"My wives would have killed me if I didn't make it back home that night, trust me....Miridia wouldn't have let me stay down for long.

However,i do recall that rush...it truly did stir something in me. I'm always so, contained. Wound together by my ambitions...so, no--I don't mind. I could use the oppertunity."

Qarinah
Drifter

Post by Qarinah »

"Hmm, underestimated me? Well, your senses are sharper than any dragons tooth;but, they'd be pushed to their limits when trying to grasp the potential of Makaian blood."
Qarinah took another deep breath and exhaled
a plume of steam through the rigid slots on her helmet that crawled down her 6'6 frame and crept along the sandy coast. Slowly, the mucky tuft of sediment beneath her feet had began to harden into a thick sheet of frozen crystal.

"..God, do I love your confidence.. Even after what you've seen."

The tides now were alive and well; they crashed at her back and drowned her words in their violent cadence. The roaring waters feathered the air with icy dust until a fog formed along the outer crest of the sea. Frost collected on her glacier like shoulders and her eyes burned like haunting torches through the hungry mist. If not for that coveted vision of his, Zeik would have lost visual of his foe completely. But this wasn't some half-baked attempt at distorting his sight. No, Zeik could've smelled Qarinah's bloodlust a mile away without his Origin Vision. It was pungent. Dry. And stalked her through every grisly chapter of her life.

Naturally, Qarinah's reserved disposition was disarmimg, unbecoming of a bloody scab of warefare. But to any one who knew her outside of her armor, they'd sing praises of her company. She was sophisticated and relaxed. As beautiful as she was intelligent. And cultured with refined tastes in art, music, and eccentric cuisines collected from her lengthy life. She was polarizing. A perfect guest to a dinner party, but during the quakes of combat, a rabid ferocity would possess her bones that contorted her charming smirk into a frothy scowl. That distinguished guise would be swallowed whole and only the monster remained.

"..so refreshing."

Her greaves buckled, cratering the tuft of frozen earth beneath her before launching her body at the wizard like a cobalt torpedo. Sand and soil shattered like glass from her explosive approach as she matched his fearlessness with a reckless disregard for anything but the snapping of bones. In her first battle with Zeik, she got a taste of the inferno known as the Cursed Flame and it scorched her enchanted flesh to cinders. Hellfire, the prana of the fabled Makian had its own reserved archives in her memory palace dedicated to understanding it's components and to do that she needed more empirical data. She anticipated a wall of Hellfire to intercept her, she'd be a fool not to. But Qarinah's body was by far her deadliest weapon- her sword and shield, and Taijutsu was always her preference of massacre.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

The chilled air swept over the shores, silencing the coast as the native animals couldn't ignore the presence of the apex predetaor in their midst. His eyes glanced at the crashing waves for a moment, before returning to Qarinah, who was fading into the background of a thick fog.

He quickly formed a familiar mudra with his right hand and pushed his naten against the winds in front of him, super heating the winds and propelling them forward with considerable force. His naten only charged a small area of air, roughly 2meters wide and the same distance in height. He didn't wait to see the results of his attack, instead he broke out into a full sprint towards the freshwater sea. He was close, but not close enough before his ears caught the buckle of her grieves.

"She's alrea--"

He whipped his body around, meeting the ferocity of Qarinah head on. His back to the shore and his stance, ready for the impeding slugfest. With the fractions of time available, he ignited a cuff of noticibly dull orange flames around his wrist and braced for Qarinah Torpedo impact.

Qarinah
Drifter

Post by Qarinah »

Underneath her cobalt helmet, tucked somewhere in the back of her mind, Qarinah was aware of their terms of engagement. This was a spar. She knew and recognized Zeik as her ally, if not the closest thing she had to a friend. But for a moment.. maybe two seconds tops, the haze of combat muddled that. For thousands of years, long before she ever came across the Hellgate, before she stepped foot in the Astral and opened her temple gates to the denizens of the Kingdom in preparation of the coming Apocalypse, Qarinah was a walking abbatoir herself. A monster. A beast, with hunger as its only conscious and otherworldly might that shuddered all nine realms in fear.

In her youth, Qarinah's power was unparalleled and her will translated into divine sacrament. Her contemporaries, while always temporary, built monuments to her many monikers. She'd been both a Conquerer and a Queen. A God and a Devil. For thousands, and thousands of years, her cold iron fists saw no peer. The concept was alien to an immortal whose pride and ego had nothing to feed on aside from itself. But just two centuries ago Zeik challenged that. Those flames.. fueled by undying convictions.. her sandstone skin had long since recovered but her ego was, to put it lightly, fractured.

Even now, as she hurled her body with hypersonic force, he stood in her way like an obilisk when millions would have fled. Blindfolded, and stalwart like he didn't know what was coming.. or simply didn't care.

She hated that. Simply put, his "arrogance" just pissed her the fuck off. But it was why they were allies. Zeik's own transcendent ability and charisma was magnetizing. It was no wonder he drew so many powerful comrades and rivals. But for those fleeting two seconds, Qarinah was neither. She had regressed into the predator that stalked him for three days and clashed with his infernoes for twelve blood soaked hours.
He quickly formed a familiar mudra with his right hand and pushed his naten against the winds in front of him, super heating the winds and propelling them forward with considerable force. His naten only charged a small area of air, roughly 2meters wide and the same distance in height. He didn't wait to see the results of his attack, instead he broke out into a full sprint towards the freshwater sea. He was close, but not close enough before his ears caught the buckle of her grieves.
Qarinah's demonic glare was upon him and her suit of armor had absorbed the brunt of his smouldering heat. Her arm was drawn back, harboring all of her momentum like a focused atom bomb. Her gauntlet curled into a rigid gavel before drilling into Zeik's defenses with no intents of stopping there. The impact generated shockwaves so intense, they decimated both tangible and abstract. The sediment they stood on and the soil buried beneath it was pulverized into a crater of ash and memories. The rushing waves behind her were boiled into steam that hallowed the Freshwater Sea for about a mile out toward the rising Moons and forced a shift in weather. Even her gauntlet, which had endured its own feats of damage in the past, was utterly destroyed from the attack.
Last edited by Qarinah on Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

His eyes widened from behind his blindfold, as Q's ferocious tenacity couldnt be shrugged off . Her presence on the battlefield would bring any warrior to stagger and any lesser man to hysteria, or worse...shamless and futile pleading. The rapid clanging of her armor as she rushed through the fog sounded every alarm in his body, triggering flashes of their fated meeting to rush through his mind and the timing of such, couldnt have been more...unfortunate.

"..uhh."

Her fist collided with his guard and shattered it upon impact, colliding with his cheek, barely missing the sweet spot for a clean knock out. As spit and blood were flung from his mouth, so too did the block on his memory of that fated night.

His eyes, still hidden from sight by his blindfold, where as white as the encroaching fog, leaving him all but unconscious as his body rolled into the freshwater sea. The waters quickly retook the
parted space, covering his body in the moon crested waters.

'After all this time, i finnaly identified the arbiter of terror... from my nightmares.'

He said casually as his blindfold rolled off his face and sank into the waters, he could hear that familar and ominus clang of Q's approach...she wasnt done.

It came to his attention, that everytime Q showed her raw form, he was usally passing out from blood lose, albiet not always Q's fault. Even though hed known her for centuries and fought side by side with her equally as long, he had never remebered that night-until now. He sprang to his ready and dug his bare feet deep into the wet sand. His blindfold floating aimlessly about the sea. His tightly coiled, wool like hair absorbed a fair amount of water, causing a constant flow of water to run down his face. He wiped the droplets away from his eyes and struggled to find Q amidst the fog. All he could hear was the forbidding crescendo of that dreadful metal clang.

He knew he was in trouble, he'd unknowingly underestimated his opponent and his jaw and pride paid the toll. He could see it clearly, albeit too late, that Q processed a strength he lacked. Her fearsome power was never allowed the space for patience or conformt, unlike the spoiled Crown prince of the Hellgate tribe whose family tempered his power with kindness and diplomatic discipline. His composure for this fight, in fact his entire approach to this spar were flawed from the start and he knew that now, but givin Q's incredibly combat intelligence, she wasnt gonna give him the time to adjust, rightfully so he didnt deserve it. Like Q, he would have to force a path where none exsisted. He corrected his jaws alignment, all the while his eyes desperatly searching for his opponent.

Return to “Freshwater Shore”