I'd Like My Rematch Before I Leave..

Qarinah
Drifter

Re: I'd Like My Rematch Before I Leave..

Post by Qarinah »

Dawn breaker collided with Qarinah's maw at speeds she couldn't comprehend, but it was the weight of the mighty blow that brought this fight to its timely end.

The mighty beast, almost fifteen meters high at this point, was sent skipping across the freshwater sea like a tiny stone until finally crashing and sinking about a mile away. The force of her impact with the water generated plenty of waves of varying sizes, but the chaos would soon end.

From below, the glistening pools of the sea were polluted with a dark, murky substance and large chunks of floating, fur covered flesh. There were a large number of fish who rose to the surface of the waters belly up, unable to survive in the conditions created from a rotting Uru corpse.

Qarinah emerged from the darkened pools nursing a throbbing migrane and spoiling belly. After Zeik awakened her latent sense of self, trapped under a the void of hunger, Qarinah was able to gather herself.. and she was embarrassed to allow herself to be caught in such a vulnerable state. Her weaknesses always exposed themselves, no matter how deep she buried them.

".."

All of her clothes and armor were destroyed, save for her slowly mending body. Her spine was still exposed, muscle tendons along her legs and arms had seemed to reached a halt on recovery altogether. Her face was probably the most repaired, but the left side of her face was scorched so badly, rows of her fangs and tongue were visible through her cheek. She locked eyes with Zeik while she was still several yards away, but neglected to speak until she made it ashore. Needless stress would slow her bodies repairing process, but she was so hungry it probably wouldn't have made a difference.

Maybe it was her pride that hindered her the most. At any case, she sloshed slowly through the knee high tides until she could feel the gritty surface of the shore.

"..are you injured?"

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

Without fail he collided with the Uru, though he never forgot he was dealing with one of his own. His kin. All of his relationships were like this, visceral and explosive. He understood what it was like to feel so deeply and have every ounce of power needed to express those emotions.

He held the right of an individual in high regard and found no better word to describe the sovereign right all creatures shared than, freedom. Yet, Q was obviously beside herself and in her current condition would soon become a terror to everything around her.

"Tsskg."

The collision reopened his previous wound, hed dislocated his shoulder whilst making his escape from her grasp. He felt the pain, but gritted through the wetwork his idealism had brought him. Sending the house sized creature into the freshwater shore.

He landed at the edge of the shore, flickering from the air to the ground in a flash. Zero shift became progressively easier, the longer origin vision was active. The corspe of fish were a dead giveaway that something was wrong, but he wasnt sure how to resolve the problem;but, he could confirn Q had returned to a more reasonable temper.

"Freedom is your right, Qarinah."

He replied inbetween staggered breathing, his prismatic eyes shifting about the water as he watched in horror at the dying schools of fish. He completed a quick sequence of ava and started lifting the rotting flesh of the Uru from the sea, presumably with his mind.

"Though, I do have to ask...what 'that,' was all about. Are you not eating? Cause it felt like you wanted to eat me."

He said while trying to collect the flesh and toxins from the sea all while he had the chance.
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Qarinah
Drifter

Post by Qarinah »

Her wounds had almost completely healed by the time she stepped out of the water, save for a few gashes and burns that added to her mending carmel canvas.

She found an arbitrary boulder created from their battle to sit upon until she was perfectly sound once more. It was only then did Zeik's comforting words ring again in her head.
"Freedom is your right, Qarinah."
She was facing Zeik, several yards away and couldn't help but smirk. It was an endearing statement, coming from a gentle giant no less. Innocent, ignorant to a fault, but proper of a King.

Despite having a growing friendship with her the past two life times, Qarinah was an entirely different person before she met Zeik. The bars she set on her wanton desires was why he considered her a valuable ally, rather than a harbinger of death. The women had a twisted sense of fun during her adolescence that would have reveled in his world and family being gutted and bled out at her feet. Freedom to her, literally meant damnation for others. Obviously, she'd matured a bit from tyrant she used to be. Still, she'd spent so much of her life shackled up, hearing it come from someone else's lips almost reddened her cheeks.
"Though, I do have to ask...what 'that,' was all about. Are you not eating? Cause it felt like you wanted to eat me."
"Is it that obvious?"

She said with hint sarcasm, combing that pixie mop of wet hair away from her modest toothy grin.

"I've been trying this new diet the past century where I don't just.. eat whatever I want, and it hasn't been going my way. Now naturally, I experience urges.. but as of late they've evolved into prolonged blackouts."

An heir of guilt pointed her voice. Weakened it.. Qarinah was normally so confident in whatever choices or decision she made, despite how malicious. To rule is to be strong, unflinching. But Qarinah's time spent as an ally with the Astral's brave warriors and inventive scholars whittled her salty, satanic shell away. She'd accrued disciples whose talent and progress have made imprints in her life. They've weighed down her sense of freedom with morality. Changing her more and more the longer she'd been surrounded by them.

She'd never admit it.. but Qarinah was weaker that she'd ever been in her life. She'd already exhausted her exotic collection of corpses that she kept around for a rainy day.

"I've disbanded my temple, I had to kick out all my disciples before I woke up with their blood beneath my nails or on my ceiling. I honestly don't even remember coming to the Astral today.."

Her eyes found elsewhere to look at, anywhere but at Zeik. She never intended to tell him about this.. shame was an unfamiliar feeling.

"..but I'm handling it. Do NOT be mistaken.. It's just.. taking longer for my body to adjust than I thought."

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

The strain of holding the tons of uru flesh began to grow on him, peeking out as signs of stress in his eyes and shaking arms. He knew there was some creature who could safely eat the cursed meat, but he couldn't focus. He could still hear, if not feel, the pain and fear of the surronding wildlife, triggering his own memories of near death experiences. The amount of infornation that came from his birthrune wasnt as concise when he was outside of combat. Fight or flight had its way of fine tuning dissoance.

He incinerated the mounds of flesh floating above the shore, accelerating the particles he'd been using to hold them to high temperatures, vaporizing the flesh within seconds.

"..."

He listened, taking in what she felt as he continued to pull the flesh from the sea and incinerating rhe remains.

"The court of blades represents the thin line we all must walk in order to protect others. Givin your history, your conquest against humanity...i understand how foreign empathy must feel and im sure the village appreciates your diet, but you cant starve yourself. Natured would sharpen your fangs.

Blehh. Im not gonna lecture you, im too tired."

He said, having towed all of the remains from the sea. He couldnt help but sigh over looking the blacked mass while he spoke.

"I found some intel. One of my scouts intercepted a group of thieves whose cargo were living elves. The elves spoke of a city, but described a place of ruin and abomination. Interested?"

He asked as he combed the coastline with sand shaped hands, collecting the contaminated seawater.
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Qarinah
Drifter

Post by Qarinah »

"I found some intel. One of my scouts intercepted a group of thieves whose cargo were living elves. The elves spoke of a city, but described a place of ruin and abomination. Interested?"
"My.. an offering? Of an entire city no less?"

Her eyes widened into glimmering dinner plates as they delved into the imagery of what Zeik proposed. Qarinah had already set her sights on her own target, but if Zeik had more faces to add to her bingo book, she wasn't going to ignore him. Still, she wasn't expecting him to bring an entire community of living people to tribute. Their moral spectrum made no difference to how they tasted; the flesh of a trafficker was just as tender as a physician's. Still, this city of theives must have left an incredible impact on Zeik if he intended to bring their name up to her. Surely he knew what would become of this place, how the sun would never graze their surface again. Men, women, children.. to condemn them like this.. they'd see no mercy from her.

"Tell me more.."

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

"You'll need your whits about you for this one, Q. There is talk across all the seas about a new Cult thats been raiding villiages for...live stock."

He finished combing the sea of Q's toxic waste, of what he could abstract that is and directed his attention to Q, it didnt cross his mind for a moment the splendor of her body;but, he feared having to explain the situation to his partners.

"Its likely that local crime syndicates in the area are seeking to capitalize on the disturbance the horsemen have caused;but, the effencicy in keeping their identities hidden...speaks to a greater mind.

Now...i cant just show up to a village and declare them liberated with might. I need to know the people and their enemy, this is an infiltration."

Qarinah
Drifter

Post by Qarinah »

"Then why are you sending me?"

She said flatly. With a casual wrist flick, the two blades she set aside before the battle began were whisked into her palm by a chilling gust of wind. One of the blades were covered by a sealing talisman, the other one was long.. too long to be considered a proper katana, and was sheathed inside what looked like a case of sewn leather.

"It be wise to delegate a task force more equipped in gathering data.. In my condition, I'm afraid I'd just make a mess of things."

Unfortunate but true. Qarinah was tunnel visioned at this point, she couldn't in good conscious lend her assistance in anything that required finesse until she got her own well being in order. She leapt from her boulder. She had patched up enough of her wounds to move soundly without stress or strain. But the roar in her belly was louder than ever. The sounds of her insides squirming; devouring itself, lifted any observant birds from their perches. It echoed and ached and Qarinah could ignore it no longer.

"Unless this can wait."

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

"Perhaps youre right, but your talents would be missed." He said with a chuckle. "With the sudden and unexplained disappearance of the shinobi alliance;cults, raiders, and Daemon nearly out number elv and human alike." He said while tending to his wounded shoulder. It was nothing time couldnt mend, but the added umph of mystical know-how couldnt hurt.

"Shortly after the alliance fell through, the horsemen attacked kemet and they made it a point to pervert our cultural connection to vescrutia."

" Leveling the stronghold on the dawn of the Mothers Eye, a tradition recognized widely across the planet as the birth of Vescrutia and our connection to naten has stirred the people, they look for a new Light to lead them;but, are so stricken with fear...i worry what they'll choose.

Qarinah
Drifter

Post by Qarinah »

"Shortly after the alliance fell through, the horsemen attacked kemet and they made it a point to pervert our cultural connection to vescrutia. Leveling the stronghold on the dawn of the Mothers Eye, a tradition recognized widely across the planet as the birth of Vescrutia and our connection to naten has stirred the people, they look for a new Light to lead them; but, are so stricken with fear... I worry what they'll choose.
"..you always worry."

Qarinah was known for controlled expressions, no matter how excited of frightened she might be. But subtleties such as the softening of the eyes or her rosing cheeks were hard to keep track of. Zeik's could be defined by the Valiant, yet crippling anxiety he possessed for the denizens of the Astral. She never knew her own father, but Zeik's protective nature gave her insight into how unconditional love could lead a man to ruin. It tickled her slightly before she cupped her still rumbling stomach.

".. I will make time.. and we will sheperd the lost together. I'll be back in a few day, then we will discuss this further then."

She said firmly before leaping from her rocky throne and vanishing in a concrete cluster of black light.

Return to “Freshwater Shore”