(Flashback) A Building Such As That HAS to Have Boundless Information

A large castle built with the power of the Sanctus Crystal, Zeik and his family live here.
Kai
Drifter

(Flashback) A Building Such As That HAS to Have Boundless Information

Post by Kai »

Kai's journey eventually led him from the forest to a city the likes of which he'd never seen. Even though he'd been out of Riviera for months, his injuries prevented him from traveling sooner. It was the first piece of civilization since his arrival. The architecture wasn't anything to laugh it: secure, stable, enough flair to bring in the mass crowds that Kai had to shimmy and brush past. He found himself constantly patting his bag as he moved through people. On one hand, he hated not trusting folks in a city where HE was the stranger, but "family" had proven you can't trust anyone without a common goal.

Kai had been walking a few minutes when a grand structure caught his eyes. The startling amount of Naten around it made Kai's head hurt, but he smirked as he deactivated Riviera's Gaze. He didn't know exactly what the building was, but it looked important. Maybe there he'd be able to find answers on the items he was looking for.

Kai slid his hands into his hoodie pockets and strolled through the streets. He took in the sights and the people, impressed with how lively they were. Shops were thriving and people were out living their best lives. It made Kai smile, but it quickly faded when thoughts of his last moments in Riviera flashed in his mind. "If angels can change at the drop of a hat, so can these people. Their peace could be threatened at any moment by any of these beings." Kai scoffed. "Nah, they don't have the capability. Not with these carefree faces. Which is why I gotta save Riviera." He tapped the satchel on his back. "Miyama only knows what'll happen if I fail."
Last edited by Kai on Mon May 22, 2023 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Re: (Flashback) A Building Such As That HAS to Have Boundless Information

Post by Zeik »

The thick undrebrush of the forest released its tight hold on one another, revealing a clear and safe path to the massive stone palace, for a moment a disembodied voice spoke, right into the conscious travel mind.

"Your intentions are as clear to me as the waters of our great sea. If you force your way into thid home, you'll never know peace on this plane or the next."

As quickly as the voice came, it was gone. Leaving the weary traveler with a decision to make as they made their way towards the grand palace. It shouldnt have been too difficult to put the pieces together, the guardian of the house wasnt pleased with the travelers hidden agenda;but, had offered them safe passage if they denouced their treacherous intentions.
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Kai
Drifter

Post by Kai »

Kai was startled to hear a voice clear as day in his head that didn't belong to his traveling companion resting underneath his hood. "Whoa, freaky." He examined the path the was presented before him and smiled. "Well, that makes this much less tense. Wouldn't know what I was looking for anyway."

Kai admitted he was out of his element as he held his hands in the air. "I mean no harm at all. Just looking to save my stupid ass people." Kai approached the towering building with a sense that he wouldn't be struck down. The voice sounded like it belonged to a reasonable individual.

As he made it to the door he stared for a moment, hesitating. "...Do...Do I knock?" He knocked. "...Why did that feel foolish?"

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

Kai wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:57 pm

Kai admitted he was out of his element as he held his hands in the air. "I mean no harm at all. Just looking to save my stupid ass people." Kai approached the towering building with a sense that he wouldn't be struck down. The voice sounded like it belonged to a reasonable individual.

"If youre travels to save your, stupid ass people, as you said it, has lead you here. Then you and i have already found our common ground."

He said, stepping from the shadows of his roof top.

"You actually have to knock, otherwise my house may consider you a threat."

He said softly as he opened the door to his home for the traveler, despite remaining clearly perched on his rooftop.

"So what stupid people need saving this time." He said softly while gesturing for the traveler to enter his home.
Everything posted by this account is official property of ©Vescrutia2018, no reproduction, or reposting of this content identical to or closely resembling is allowed.

Kai
Drifter

Post by Kai »

Kai's eyebrows instinctively rose as the door opened without anybody on the other side. Not the first time he'd seen it happen, was still a surprise everytime he witnessed it. Kai stepped in, less on guard given the welcome he received. Good thing Kai hadn't gone the devious route. It never really suited his style, anyway. Inside the structure was just as impressive as the rest of the city. "Man, the sights I'm seeing today." A coo came from under the hood. "We're seeing today. Sorry."

Kai stopped in the middle of the foyer. "My name is Kai I- just Kai. No surname. And the people I speak of are the Rivieran's. We're a race of angels. You guys do know about angels, right? I mean, I've seen some SHIT since I've got here." Kai went straight to business, not wanting to waste his first true lead since his landing. He pointed upward. "We live way up, above the clouds but not really in space." He scratched his head. "I know how that sounds, but trust me. I ran to this place there known as the Land of Grounding. Turns out it's literally the edge of our fucking world."
Last edited by Kai on Mon May 22, 2023 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

Though he was perched on his rooftop the moment Kai entered the foyer, Zeik was there rested against a wall. His legs and arms crossed and his eyes shut. He didnt bother with introducing himself, not that he had an honest chance to before his guest began spilling his thoughts.

He allowed his guest the space to speak, taking care to avoid any sudden movements.

"Kai? Sounds familiar...I'm Zeik, keeper of the lands you're prowling around at this odd hour."

He said with authority as he opened his eyes, revealing his amber pupils.

"You're rushing through this a little to fast, Kai. Angels? Cloud Realms, hollowed lands.... patience, please. Shut the door, if this is a long story and let's find some place to sit where you can she'd light on the details of your purpose here tonight."

He waited for Kai to make his decision and tied his ash grey locks up.

Kai
Drifter

Post by Kai »

"Holy-" Kai never saw the man enter. He was sure he was on the roof literally seconds ago. Still, Kai could sense no hostility. He took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. He hadn't realized how wound up he was until the one introduced as Zeik pointed it out. Kai was exhausted and didn't realize just how long his journey had been. He closed the door behind him and removed his hood, showing off the fresh cuts and bruises on his face and revealing the fairy dressed in sapphire curled up on top of his head as well. He was sure his dark brown eyes had bags underneath them. He heard the title. "Keeper of the Lands" usually meant "ruler" or "champion". Now he knew what he was dealing with.

"Forgive me for the late visit, Zeik. And thanks for not offing me immediately." He sighed. "I'm just a little on edge after the time we've had." He walked further in, but kept a respectable distance, waiting for his host to lead the way. "It IS a bit of a story. I can definitely give you the details." He chuckled. "Somebody ought to know the story in case I fail."
Last edited by Kai on Mon May 22, 2023 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

As Kai shut the door zeik offered a warm smile before turning his back to his new guest, his gray furred cape hid the crest of the Vesta family on his back as it hugged him tightly as he moved through the corridor.

He was a ruler, a seer, and champion;but, his casual attire didn't match the extravagant decor of his mansion or his mannerism. Short sleeved linen shirt and ankle length sweats was hardly the garb of a king;but, that was only a titled pressed upon him.

"Offing you?" He repeated with a hearty chuckle. "I wouldn't bring harm to a lost soul;but, I can't say the rest of my family feels the same or this building feels the same."

He said with a casual tone as he led Kai from the foyer and into a dining room. High vaulted ceilings, polish and spotless floors, painting of women littered the walls. Zeik led Kai to a malachite glass table and pulled a chair out for him, before taking a seat in a chair across from kai.

"So, let's pick up where you started. You're an angel? I've heard many myths about winged humans who fled the ground into the 'heavens,' countless eons ago;but, they are...widely seen as just myth."

Kai
Drifter

Post by Kai »

Kai followed the ashen haired man deeper into the mansion. His eyes wandered about with curiosity. Royalty and VIPs always had a habit of having luxurious homes, but that one was quite a memorable one. "'This building feels-'? How-" Kai shook his head. That was a detail best stashed in back. Kai entered the dining room and once again took in the sights. He was always interested in n how things changed, yet remained somehow familiar from kingdom to kingdom. He noticed the paintings that lined the walls. Matriarchs of the land? Lost lovers? Family? Regardless, they had been masterfully immortalized. "I'm a sucker for the arts myself," Kai said, taking a seat. "Thanks."

Kai sighed before he channeled just enough energy to sprout a golden wing. It flickered like a dying flame before he retracted it. "Yeah, I'm an angel, born in the lands of Riviera." Kai scoffed. "I guess we would be considered myths these days. Our human interaction is very...limited." Kai shrugged his shoulders. "As to how we got in the sky in the first place, your version sounds plausible. I wouldn't know anything about that given my people's aversion to history. It's kind of why I'm here in the first place." Kai waited for Zeik to process the first salvo of information, opting to pace himself with his explanation. There was a lot and Kai wasn't going to leave anything out.

Zeik
King of Chaos

Post by Zeik »

Kai wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:40 pm
Kai sighed before he channeled just enough energy to sprout a golden wing. It flickered like a dying flame before he retracted it. "Yeah, I'm an angel, born in the lands of Riviera." Kai scoffed.
His hairs stood up and his heart rate spiked at the sudden release of naten for a brief, but infinite moment, he feared he was under assault; but, patience gave way to truth. A golden wing, a proof of lineage, sprouted from the visitors back, albeit unnerving, it still gave validity to the young man claim. "My....you are an Angel." He said calmly, hiding his previous fears under a light hearted chuckle. "I fear I now have more questions than you have time, so i wont distract you."
Kai wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:40 pm
"As to how we got in the sky in the first place, your version sounds plausible. I wouldn't know anything about that given my people's aversion to history. It's kind of why I'm here in the first place."
-He adjusted his posture in his seat, making note to keep his back inlined with his chair and rested his arms on the seat next to him. His eyes locked onto his visitor as he prepared to give him his undivided attention.
"Yes, I think it would best if we adjusted our focus. Why are you 'here,'...and where do you think 'Here,' is exactly."

Return to “Astral Palace”