Rising Omens

A large castle built with the power of the Sanctus Crystal, Zeik and his family live here.
Azazel
Drifter

Rising Omens

Post by Azazel »

*Gasp*

He startled awake, gasping for air and clenching his chest with his right hand, he surveyed his surronding. Confirming he was in his room and no longer asleep. Gradually he recovered his breath and found his gazed focused on his rooms rather large windows, the suns were coming up. Instinctively he tossed the soft, high quality sheets from his body and brought his feet to the edge of his bed. Wiggaling his toes over his slippers, he questioned rather he wanted to be greeted by the brisk cold of his room marble flooring or the comforting wamrth of his house slippers.

"What better way to test if im dreaming."

He said as a matter of fact before leaping from his bed to the floor and taking in the full brunt of the frigid floor.

"Yea...im awake, thats fucking cold;but,that dream has me...uneasy. Where was I."

He walked over to his private bathroom connected to his room and quickly took to his morning hygiene, grabbing his tooth brush first. He ponder the in's and outs of his dream as he scrubed the plaque from his bone.

"That place was Hellish...it felt so foreign and why were those monsters chasing me? Why...was i running?"

He had more questions than answers, the perfect formula to fester anxiety in the mind of any hellgate-especially after they'd been dreaming. He couldnt recall every detail, infact the more he thought about it, the further from clarity he became. Some parts of the dream were clear, they...couldnt be forgotten. A creature, void of facial expression, shrouded in darkness and clad in heavy armor--with an Aura of death surronding it...chanting his name. No, he couldnt forget what he'd seen. Hellgates were leaders in myriad of Arcane arte forms, but their skills in divination were revered across the globe. He couldnt take such vision lightly.

He leaned over the sink, scooping a small puddle of water with his hands and gargling it to rinse his mouth. He checked his teeth in the mirrior, before disrobing and making his way over to his tub.

"Someones....coming for me and I should run or im gonna run? Why...why wouldnt I just fight?"

He questioned to himself, while allowing the water to fill up in his tub, periodically testing the wamth of the water with his hand.

"I felt...like i couldnt fight, like i didnt have my anthem or Naten;but, why? Ive always been able to use my powers while in the Astral plane...maybe its just some trick Nagase is playing on me. It wouldnt be the first time she sent nightmares to my dreams...but, that would be to easy. Not to mention, that sound...the sound that creature made was unearthly.

Azazel
Drifter

Re: Rising Omens

Post by Azazel »

He climbed into his tub, carefully adjusting his body to the smoldering bigh temperatures kf tbe water. He had grown impatient and opt to warm the water with his flames rather than wait for the water heater tl do it job. He didnt care, he liked the scoldong heat against his cinnamin brown skin. It kept his calm, something he often lacked. He been pondering who cpuld be chasing him since he woke up, but he feared hed exahusted all of his ootions--he couldn't think of anyone whod have business with him. He questioned if he was having a premonition of his assination, perhaps his father had enemies kin n high places? Zeik, his father, had many enemoes;but, none sl bold as to make an attempt on his life, let alone his sons.

"Im done!"

He shouted in frustration.

I'm done molling over this, all im doing is droving myself mad. I'll just ask father when he returns from the Alps of chaos.

"What...if dad left me here, knowing that someone was after me? Is that why he selected Nagase for his Mission to Acrix Sol? Tch. I thought i was done with this."

He said in a defeated manner. His sank to the bottom of his tub, allowing the scolding hot waters to cover every part of his face, save for his nose. The sounds in his head grew softer as he sank to the bottom of his rather large tub and for the first time since he woke up, he felt...safe. burried under the steamy water he felt detached from the world, free of the worries and expectations of exsistence--which he often felt subjected too.

"I cant shake these thoughts, all i hear is the incoherant mutter of unanswered questions. I keep trying to let kt go, but...."

He rushed to the surface pf the water, burstin his head above water and toom a huge, deep, breath as his lungs were begging for fresh oxygen.

"Let me get out of this tub. I dont think i can wait for father to speak with me, i need answers now."

He said sharply, his vesta family conviction shining in his eyes.

Azazel
Drifter

Re: Rising Omens

Post by Azazel »

Out the corner of his eye, he noticed an unusally dark glow covering his room, only magnified by the polished stone covering the floor. He rushed from the steaming waters, adorning a dark colored towel and rushed to his window.

Without so much as a stumble, he skillfully slid to the window and placed his wet hands against the glass.

"...an eclispe was not mentioned on my space cast."

He said just before a blaring alert alarm souded in the city.

"..fuck. Its no coincedence that dad went on a mission and now there're disaters sirens blarring in the city."

He said as he rushed to his wardrobe and threw on his Ars Haven combat suit.

"...ive got a bad feeling about this."

He said aloud before forming a family mudra for 'motion' and bursting into a flume of smoke, warping to the families war room.

Return to “Astral Palace”