Chapter 6: Peril's Wandering Eye

Fate I
Drifter

Chapter 6: Peril's Wandering Eye

Post by Fate I »

A black tear, no larger than the width of a coin, opened beside Nazuma. It was the signature technique of the Myou myaku people, founder and guardian of the Astral Chaos. Thanks to the precision of the urizens arcane metallurgy,with nothing more than a feeling- Zeik was able to communicate with his wife, who was piloting the ARCHER, where to send Nazuma.

The darkslit opened at the peak of the mountain. The high peaks of the Azure Alps rested high above the cloud line and Nazuma found himself surrounded by a sea of jagged stone edge from the surrounding mountains;but, the ARCHER's precision would safely place him on smooth land and near the entrance of a cave.

Near the darkslit's landing, was the obelisk that was supposed to prevent the horsemen from being on the planet but the tower wasny working. The sigils on the tower were removed and the tool needed to inscribe them again wasn't in sight.

Out the corner of his eyes, he would see the fleeing shadows of two unknown figures rushing deeper into the cave.

Disembodied feminine Voice: Nazuma? Was your landing safe?

Cried out a voice from the com's system that was still in his ear.

Womans voice:Nazu...?

Naito Neves Denkai
Arcanum Iris

Re: Chapter 6: Peril's Wandering Eye

Post by Naito Neves Denkai »

Nazuma would stumble and roll as he felt the push from Zeik. He lost his balance for a second enough for Zeik to pusb him through the portal. When Nazuma looked up he came to see no one, he was separated from the group. Now alone... The Winds thicken and flowed about.

"Damn.." His breathes became easier to control. He could tell the atmosphere was different. He was lucky being a storm mage of the winds not really being effected by the chill of the wind. He was also still invoking his Ruby King powers. He came to stand to his feet. His wings covers in light snow and he came to meet the entrance to the Obelisk. Its tower massive. The sudden view of the debris around him shocked him.. He couldn't believe what he was seeing.

He took a step forward threw the smoke he could see two figures flee the destruction and headed into the cavities of the mountain .

He'd touch the com on his ear as the voice asked if his landing was safe. "Yes.. But What I have discovered is much more alarming... The Obelisk.. Its.. It's.. Destroyed!! "
The boy would Rush to the doors. He tried to sense for any survivors. However he didn't feel anyone at the time.

"I don't know how many casualties, however, I am going to pursue two suspects I just witness leaving the wreckage. They flead into the Caves of the Alps. They maybe headed for the Denkai Kingdom." He said aa he would spread his wings and take offcbehind the two figures.

The boys would dash rather quickly through the aisles of the cave. His Nein Charkas open', he could feel every part of the cave. Almost as of it were nightvision. He felt the naten in the wind in the very stones of thr cave itself. It was like he had an illuminated pathway to the two figures who flead. Their step glowing vibrating like stones skipping across a pond. He followed it. He invoked another spell. His blade covered in a red hue as he readied for what looked like a fight.

Fate I
Drifter

Post by Fate I »

"The obelisk is typically left unguarded, we hadnt expected anyone would be able to find it, let alone know how to disable it. If you saw someone fleeing, i would encourage you to pursue them;but, youre already on it."
She said with a charming and light hearted chuckle.

"the obelisk itself is made of a highly durable material, so its unlikely that whomever camd up here, was able to destroy it.

Yet, it isnt the tower that prevents the horsemen from being here. Its the sigils engraved into the obelisk. Whoever is fleeing, has the stylus needed to recarve the sigils into the obelisk."

The femine voice ringing in Nazuma's ear was none other than the woman who crafted the darkslit, kurai hellgate.

-The trail ran cold, no footsteps and no sound;but, the silence was broken by a loud clanging of metal. Though the sound in the cave was distorted, the clash of sharped steel wss unmistakable to a warriors ear.-

"Nazuma...have you lost them?"

Naito Neves Denkai
Arcanum Iris

Game Master wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:31 am
"The obelisk is typically left unguarded, we hadnt expected anyone would be able to find it, let alone know how to disable it. If you saw someone fleeing, i would encourage you to pursue them;but, youre already on it."
She said with a charming and light hearted chuckle.

"the obelisk itself is made of a highly durable material, so its unlikely that whomever camd up here, was able to destroy it.

Yet, it isnt the tower that prevents the horsemen from being here. Its the sigils engraved into the obelisk. Whoever is fleeing, has the stylus needed to recarve the sigils into the obelisk."

The femine voice ringing in Nazuma's ear was none other than the woman who crafted the darkslit, kurai hellgate.

"Yes, As I am.. M'Lady, But who could do such a thing.. This is ancient Magic, isn't it?... I feel so lost in all of this. What will happen next is what I am worried about through.. I wonder how many of us are ready for whats going to occur."

The Denki Prince said as he traversed further into the cave. As he seem to be playing a game of cat and mouse. It was as if he was running in circles following the same steps that seem to spawn everywhere. His senses were still out of whack only granting him a few feet infront of him. He had to focus here now in order to get out of the cave. It could be more dangerous inside it than out given the now current state of the Obelisk.

Nazuma would close his eyes and focus on the voice of Kurai.
Game Master wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:31 am
-The trail ran cold, no footsteps and no sound;but, the silence was broken by a loud clanging of metal. Though the sound in the cave was distorted, the clash of sharped steel wss unmistakable to a warriors ear.-

"Nazuma...have you lost them?"
"I do apologize.. But I have.. The caves have dampened a few of my senses. And honestly, I am still a bit shook up from Famine. Her power... It was unreal.. And Zeik.. I just..left him there.. I have abandoned my promise to remain by his side. What kind of pupil am I, If I can't hold my own.

Nazuma said as he stood gathering his mind and his thoughts. His heart pounded with adrenaline. His blood pumped just as fast. He focused on his body and where he was now. He only focused on the voice of Kurai. "I hear something.. Metal? Blades?..

He began following the sound cautiously walking toward it.

Fate I
Drifter

Post by Fate I »

Nazu Denki wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:05 pm

"Yes, As I am.. M'Lady, But who could do such a thing.. This is ancient Magic, isn't it?... I feel so lost in all of this. What will happen next is what I am worried about through.. I wonder how many of us are ready for whats going to occur."
"Information on vescrutia is abundant and knowledge of the Arcane isn't demonized in most of the countries. It would be difficult for even an adept caster to undo the sigils, but we suspect the culprit received support from the horsemen. Zeik wanted to use makaian sigils instead of Hellgate sigils, but the motion was denied do to the scarcity of makaian knowledge.

You have good reason for concern young Nazuma, failure here would spell ruin for the Astral, the Acrix and the denkai. Nagase has reported an attack on Acrix, just shortly after you arrive here."

Nazu Denki wrote:
"I do apologize.. But I have.. The caves have dampened a few of my senses. And honestly, I am still a bit shook up from Famine. Her power... It was unreal.. And Zeik.. I just..left him there.. I have abandoned my promise to remain by his side. What kind of pupil am I, If I can't hold my own.
"Yes, thats a natural response to these mountains. The abundance of radiation from the Azure desposit disrupt your connection to naten. This will effect your senses and make teleportation highly discourage; but,thats all the damage they can cause. Actually.. If youre having a hard time then so are those who you persue.

Dont worry about Zeik, hes fought famine before and has the highest chance of survival because of that. I can still see him from the village, so trust that you havent let him down.
Nazu Denki wrote:
"I hear something.. Metal? Blades?..
As nazuma crept up on the sound of blades clashing, he could hear two ppl having a dispute. Much of the argument would fall on deaf ears, given the distance between them;but, just as he got close enough to make sense of their conversation one of them felled the other with a slice to the neck

"...Im sorry, i didnt have a choice"

Nazuma's presence went unnoticed by the stranger, whose identity remained hidden by the large robes they were wearing. Their deep voice suggested they were older, probaly middle age and the fallen, clinging to life on the frozen grounds was noticeably shorter.

"Now..where is that stylus?"

The older man asked as he rummaged through the dying stranger belongings, unaware that they were being watched.

Kurai: Nazuma...your heart rate is spiking? Whats going on?

Naito Neves Denkai
Arcanum Iris

It seems I've stubbled upon something..... Standby I'll keep my COM open...

Nazuma Said as he would Land In between the two men. He stood over the man with a stern look as he focused on his the wound on his neck. "Hey, Hey! Stay with me! We got two suspects one down, I am administering first aid. Nazuma would kneel and place his hand over the rip in the mans neck, his naten gathered and swirled as the cave would be filled with a red light, a small magic circle would manifest and rotate over his palms as they were painted in the man's blood slowly he rubbed his hand across the gash in the mans neck and it healed as his palm swiped across. Healing Magic:Surjun said Nazuma as he tended to the man. Once the job was done he would fold his Scraf placing it under the mans head and stand to face his attacker. "Honestly I don;t know what is going on here, however you better start talking. Who are are you? Did you destroy the Obelisk? I'd start talking fast if I were you

Nazuma pointed his blade and dug his feet into the ground, his boots would clang and click locking as the gears relase small burst of air. He stood at the ready not knowing his adversaries next choice of words might be.

Fate I
Drifter

Post by Fate I »

Their hood fell off their head, revealing a younger almost twin like face to the older man that had attacked him. The wound on hia neck closed,but the shock of nearly dying caused the young boy to fall unconscious. Leaving nazu alone with the blood stained stranger.

"I dont answer to you!"

He shouted, despite having a blade draw at him. His legs were shaking and his eyes kept glancing at the boy on the ground. Particular at the stick lile object peaking out from his pocket.

"Get...away from him."

The older man shouted as he parried the sword with dagger before lunging towards nazu with the blade, poised to strike his neck as he had done the younger boy sleeping on the ground.

Kurai: Based off my scans, its just those two in the cave, if we arent counting smaller animals. We only need one hostage nazu, so ill leave up to your desecration what too do with this guy.

Naito Neves Denkai
Arcanum Iris

Game Master wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:02 pm
Their hood fell off their head, revealing a younger almost twin like face to the older man that had attacked him. The wound on hia neck closed,but the shock of nearly dying caused the young boy to fall unconscious. Leaving nazu alone with the blood stained stranger.

"I dont answer to you!"

He shouted, despite having a blade draw at him. His legs were shaking and his eyes kept glancing at the boy on the ground. Particular at the stick lile object peaking out from his pocket.

"Get...away from him."

The older man shouted as he parried the sword with dagger before lunging towards nazu with the blade, poised to strike his neck as he had done the younger boy sleeping on the ground.

Kurai: Based off my scans, its just those two in the cave, if we arent counting smaller animals. We only need one hostage nazu, so ill leave up to your desecration what too do with this guy.

Nazuma wasted little time as the man launched forhis neck with the blade. He would exhale his breathe as he flapped his wings to push himself back and unleashed a barrier of wind magic manifested absorbing the blow and shot the man across the cave with the force of a speeding car. "Focus magic:Aero Barrier.. I don't want to kill you..But The Queen said I only need one of you alive."

Nazuma said as he looked over the man. His eyes now shining silver. His voice exhoed thru the cave. His vision clear as he saw the swirls of irregular Naten. It was clear to him. It was because he had activated his anthem, the o2 molecules clear to him. He felt the dissortions, his eye hurt from activating the Naten in his eyes so quickly. His skin had a red hue that surrounded his entire frame. The air around him swarmed and gathered like flies attracted to light.

"Listen.. Just come queitly. Things are going down

He said as he looked at the object on the other man's side.

" And you two are my main lead. He would hold his hand out and flap his wing. The object would move a current of wind would pick it up and thrust it into Nazuma's hand.

I can't guarantee that I won't kill the next time you come for me."

He would press the com on his ear as he spoke once more to Kurai.

"M'lady.. They seem to have been fighting over this. I'll scan it and see if you can tell me what it is. "

He would tap the opposite ear and a digital visor appeared in front of his eyes he would quietly scan the object and the image would be sent to kurai and headquarters.

Fate I
Drifter

Post by Fate I »

The man was visible afraid and clearly unskilled, it warranted the question of how he'd even made it this far up the Alps of Chaos. His hands were shaking with fear and bruised quiet heavily by the frigid temperatures. He couldn't face the man in front of him, he never had the strength to over turn defeat on his own.

"Ahhhh."

He shouted, throwing the knife haphazardly towards the stranger, falling on his ass in the process. He pushed off the ground, scurrying from stranger.

"Just you wait! Wait till the Gods-"

His narrowed as he sharpened his tongue, spitting his words as though they were daggers;but, before he could truly gloat in whatever spite he held from the world...he fell silent. His body fell limp, lifeless to the floor.

Naito Neves Denkai
Arcanum Iris

NAzuma would listen to the man as he went about his rant. when the knife was thrown his way Nazuma would flap his wings once more causing a breeze of condensed wind to detour the path of the knife to stick into the walls of the cave. He'd look at the conditionn the man was in he started to feel bad for him as he looked at him with fear in his eyes. NAzuma wasn't a ruthless killer nor did he see taking a life of helpless person flavorful. He had to get down to the bottom of things. Before it got worse. As he waited tp hear back from Kurai he was taken back by the sudden flop of the man. His brow rose as a look of curiousity sat upon his face, ever so close he etched as he called out to the man.

"Hey, Are you alright?"

Nazuma would say as he motioned closeer to the now lifeless man. He didn't know what was going on,this made him on edge. Things where going to hell and he had little to no information now. He only hoped the last situation was handled and all things where good. He came to stand just above the man, maybe two to three feet away as he called out to him once more.

...Is he?

The young prince thought to himself as he began to reach for his communicator again.

"M'lady.. Suspect is down. I need an Evac team with medical to be sent to my location. Suspects are down, one possible casualty.. Permission to move forward I'll be taking the artifact with me and keep it until the extraction. I got a feeling this may be important."

Return to “Azure Ranges”