A Place for my head

Orca
Drifter

A Place for my head

Post by Orca »

The graveyard was littered with bones, some of which belonged to small mammals, while the minority of the remains belonged to the elves that used this land for cultural purposes. Many of the remains where ransacked by storms but he still made an effort to avoid the scattered remains of the elven desencendants. Typical this area lacked natural vegetation and water, but the unique remains of fallen turned this place into an unusual oasis. Humans rarely ventured this deep into the desert and natural water resever were scarce, only animals with innate abilities for finding water underground could hope to make the journey and the oppressive tempertures that raged all throughout the solar year made for hellish conditions for vegeation.

The elves that once called this place home centuries ago continued to travel here to die with there ancestors,making the journey off memory alone as they havent lived here for centuries. Off in the distance he could smell the fresh remains of a newly deceased mammoth, the rich smell of water was hard to miss in this dry heat.

"The animals in this area rely on these elves as a source of water, but im still not sure how they're able to retain so much in this heat."

Inariel H
Drifter

Re: A Place for my head

Post by Inariel H »

The winds that fluttered through the space carried the warmth of the lands around them. It felt riveting on his skin as he laid open the bushy branches of a tree. It laid in the center of this drought stricken oasis. Water here was scare yet through him life could exist anywhere he desired. For he was the key. At the base of the tree the roots were saturated in a sanguine liquid that fed and nourished it. There were a few species of birds that also made a temporary roost atop its branches. It was large enough to house them all. A large banana leaf tree like branch shielded his gaze from the blistering rays of the suns allowing him a peaceful rest. Not many folks ventured this deep into the desert for sure, however after the fierce situation that occurred in acrix Allen found himself in need of time to debrief all that he had seen...and learned.

"Time, you have been so merciless..."

He whispered to himself . The last few month had weighed on him heavily. Though he also questioned how long had he been here before he awoke? His mother, Malka told him he had lived on this planet thousands of time's before. How though? As many answers as he found, it produced twice as many questions. As it stood though for now...He would remain a part of the Astral Kingdom.

Amrit: You should question Malka words so much...she could be cryptic at times but I've never known a more genuine soul

His eyes drifted lazily to the left to find Amrit his fox spirit's visage perched upon a neighboring branch. He pondered his words, Allen did not doubt her intentions, but she did not tell him the parts that truly connected him to Vescrutia.

I know this to be true spirt, her heart beats within me. What perplexes me is what tethers me here. Is my blood tie to the Myotis really who I am. She hinted at more...much more

His nose would twitch as he caught wind of a most peculiar scent. His skin tightened, something powerful had arrived... He careful rose from his position. His eyes daggered like those of a predator carefully examined the area. Whatever it was, whomever it was. They were getting closer...

Amrit: Something is here...its strong Allen...

Orca
Drifter

Post by Orca »

He was greeted with the usual sight, a freshly passed mammoth and the colony of ants that harvested their remains. "Perfect." He said. He was here to collect the soldier ants afterall;But, when he got closer to the colony of ants, his nose picked up more than he expected. "An...unusal smell?"

He said, before his senses all seemed to flatline. His vision fading as his eyes rolled to the back of his head and the sound of the marching ants was replaced with the presence of silence. He'd been here before he thought as he clutched his chest, his arms trying to squeeze the muscle through his skin.

"No. This isnt fair..."

He said through gritted teeth, stumbling over a large tusk and crashing into the skull of the creature it belonged to. "No ones supposed to be here!" He shouted. Plowing his hand into the thick bone of the mammoth skull,leaving a dent in its harden marrow. "Tch. Tch. Arrk." He said as he twisted in the sand in agony.

Inariel H
Drifter

Post by Inariel H »

"How odd..."

Allen whispered to Amrit who was now perched upon his shoulder. His eyes gleamed and narrowed as they focused on the traveler. His naten showed something Allen had never witnessed before. What...what was this being? From the way he was acting he hadn't noticed Allen not yet. Though considering this place was some kind of wasteland/graveyard a single thriving tree wasn't exactly the most inconspicuous thing here. No one was supposed to be here. Was this some sort of haven for this creature. Allen might have been trespassing on its grounds. Regardless he was here and had no intentions on leaving. He needn't act however, the creature had not antagonized him yet but the mighty display of agitated force it released when it plowed into the skull of a dead mammoth was more than enough to tell Allen, this thing was hostile. He need to prepare for a possible encounter.

"Amrit...I can feel it..."

Obviously he meant the steadily growing blood lust in the area. It fluttered about the expanse feeding his innate nature as a consumer. His curiosity was growing. That, was a dangerous space for him to be in. Amrit noticed the smile slowly etching on Allen's face and with a deep inhale began to produce a smoky aura from his pipe. This Aura was known as "Tranquil Fury. It Allowed Allen to harness the power that his rise in curiosity and blood lust creates whilst still maintain control over his thoughts and actions. He would not loose himself. Where he was the hunter or the hunted had yet to be seen. But he could tell that if they did not flee in this very moment. They might not have the chance to moving forward.

Amrit: What will you doo Inari?

Allen was know perched upon the branch of the tree on all fours like a jaguar. He did not move only allowing his aura to concentrate around him. Two protrusion began to form on his back.

"Reach..."

A call, a command. The protrusions on his back were created from his blood. Crimson constructs that took the form of twin claw like tendrils. Allen still made no sudden movements. He merely kept allowing his blood to fester beneath the tree. Ready to will it at a moments notice.

Orca
Drifter

Post by Orca »

Red veins began to bulge in his eyes as his heart rate began to spike. He clutched his chest tighter and tigher as his body began to undergo physiological changes. An experience his nerve endings were never designed to endure. He could feel ever centermeter of his bones rapid development and couldnt miss the pain of his muscles being forced to stretch, breaking at the seems and rapidly regenerating the torn tissue relative to the change in bone length. He drove his fist into the mammoths skull, fighting through the pain of his bodies mutation. It was a tiresome and lonely experience, one he tried to avoid at all cost. He'd been living with this curse for as long as he could remember, the gorrems.

A parasitic creature handed down to him when he was young to right the wrong to a fathers heart. They lived in his blood stream, waiting. Waiting for him, their arbiter, to find the next kill. The gorrems weren't like many animals within the vescrutian kingdom. Though a wide variety of animal life had developed the ability to use naten, allowing them too coil not just the elements, but in rare cases, bend space and time. Yet, even among the most gifted of naten endowed animals only a small margin of them were sapient.

The gorrems possesed a primordial hunger, but lacked the physical bodies needed to keep up with its sagacious appetite. The gorrems were capable of sense a beings genetics and send their host into a frenzy until they have captured their prey. To orca this was common knowledge, to vescrutia it was a myth. Gorrem are largely recorded as an extinct species of insects whose capabilities in text were largely embellished. They were wrong.

[Deep breathing]

He stood to his feet, no longer writhing in agony. He even found his hearing and sight had returned to him, though the blood red veins flowing through his pitch black eyes were a sure sign of stress. His legs were the most noticible change as his bones shifted to support standing on the balls of his feet. Gifting him feline like agility and speed.

In the distance the gorrems could sense their target, perched atop of a large tree. They directed their host to the target and with a series of clicks attempted communication.

"Onenesssss"

Inariel H
Drifter

Post by Inariel H »

Amrit: Inari...it is in pain

Something was happening to the being. Allen couldn't make out just what but it seemed to be flushed with agony. Twisting and contorting itself, wriggling and writhing in pain. Whatever was occurring at the end of the experience Allen experienced a thick coat of anxiety.

Amrit: You feel that?

The fox would say as Allen continued to feed the tree his blood. The thick wave of anxiety was the awesome force of this being hunger. The blood lust was monumental. He threated to send Allen into a frenzy as his own inclinations began to rapidly develop. Amrit noticing this continuously acclimated the aura around him to contain this. Lest this be a bout between to ravenous predator's. The blood at the base of the tree began to pool beneath it. Gurgling for a few seconds before being swallowed by the earth. The ground would tremor ever so slightly as Allen gaze never left The being direction. His eyes shined as his pure vision was invoked. It stripped physical form from all things in its sight, revealing there bare essence, the fuel of their cores. Naten.

"I...I don't believe this"

Amrit would be seen with a confused look. He did not share Allen trait for seeing as he did.

Amrit: What is it? Tell me!

Allen was a bit stunned to be frank within this creature lied other sources. What they were he could not assess. But for a moment his naten had been... controlled in a sense. By what, remained a mystery.

"Amrit...return to me, this is about to get dangerous"

He had been targeted the intent was felt. He was ready to react. He was as ready as he would've been. What had he stumbled upon?

Orca
Drifter

Post by Orca »

The smell of blood was thick in the air, and clearly painted the picture to his senses. Two animals, one human and another creature whose scent couldnt be identified. His fingers began to weave a series of muudra, it was a short sequence of ava and once completed pulses of blacken naten flicker around his arms and legs.

He walked carefully, avoiding the bones that littered the grounds around him. Yet no matter how careful he stepped, nor silent his footsteps, none of the surronding insects remained in his presence. They fled, avoiding his glance like the undead fled from dawn. The gorrems continued to communicate with its target, speaking in clicks and hisses only insect anima typically understood.

As it drew closer and the smell of blood stirred its urges, he moved faster, increasing its breathing in kind to its pace. Like a drum, his heart beat against his chest, aggressively pushing his lungs outward with each beat, opening gill like slits along his torso. He darted off, still avoiding the cluttered remains of the fallen giants, within a moment it was close to the tree. Close enough to visually perceive the blood flowing through the tree and piling up at trunk. His eyes targeted the coagulation on the floor and quickly summoned a batch of small bugs to remove the mass.

The creatures, small aphids called feer, flew at the mass of blood ahead of orca. They left behind them a small trail of hazardous mist, the hallmark of their species. The feer, roughly 20 or so small aphid flew into the mass, determined to drink of the red nectar- while another twenty aphid floated above the mass waiting for intel and orca to catch up.

Inariel H
Drifter

Post by Inariel H »

Amrit: Allen...It's coming!

The fox spirit said as it hoped into Allen's body, melding with his soul once more. There would be a flux within his naten as Amrit own power was added to his.

"I have eyes Amrit"

He sneered as the creature made its move. The closer it got the more of a man it seemed to be. But the savage nature of its energy spoke nothing short of beast.
He darted off, still avoiding the cluttered remains of the fallen giants, within a moment it was close to the tree. Close enough to visually perceive the blood flowing through the tree and piling up at trunk. His eyes targeted the coagulation on the floor and quickly summoned a batch of small bugs to remove the mass.
"So, it is the blood that draws it near."

llen smirked slightly as he bore his fangs. The creature spew forth a cloud of what appeared to be insets. He was a host. Catalyst for them it seemed and they were hungry for blood. Very well, it it is blood the creature wanted.

"Then Blood it shall gain"

He said as the ground began to rumple. Allen had been saturating this field with his essence .The root of this tree pumping the blood throughout the expanse. With this understanding came action. From the ground several incredibly sharp tendrils would erupt from under and around Orca aiming to grab and skewer him. Hoping to avoid any vital spots if possible. There were four in total. Three of them were like claws that tried to grab hold of his legs and right arm trying to dig their nails into his him. The other one was spear like and tried to impale his left shoulder.

As for the cloud of creatures the moment they touched the blood pooling at the trunk they would find it a bit hazardous to consume, or escape from. It's viscosity was like that of tar and it acidity was potent enough to eat through steel. It would hopefully consume the feer. Allen hopped to a higher branch of the tree. There were two separate masses of insects. He pondered what possible reason could one half have for partaking of the hazardous stew but not the other half. These creature weren't all just for attacking.

Amrit: They are observers

"Watching their comrade fall then"

The leaves on several of the branches became pointed and sharp Aiming over for Both Orca and the other cloud. Several of the branches shot forth a barrage of razor like leaves into the cloud aiming to erase as many as possible. He did not fire at Orca just yet, He wanted to see if the Tendrils would be enough to at least stall it, if not apprehend him all together. If he was to somehow evade he would be met with a raining of sharp leaves aiming to eviscerate him.

Orca
Drifter

Post by Orca »

The aphid were like specs of glitter hidden amid the mist they secreted with their beating wings. The blood was heavy and acidic, but not too different than their own degenarative saliva. Feer, dissolved their prey with a highly corrosive juice they produce in their glands. This allowed them to devour their weight in blood before dying in the sticky coagulation. The observers dispersed into indiviuals and scattered around the tree, making it easier to avoid a counter attack and use their micro sized bodies to their advantage.

Orca, now aware of the bloods corrosive properties and more famailar with its scent, began twitching, his nose that is. Hairs on his skin rose in anticipation as the rumbling of the stones beneath him triggered his instincts. Their was something the pen couldnt hold when it came to capturing the unusual sensation of blood racing towards him.

Tendrils of sharpen blood burst from the soft desert sand, staining the cinnamon shaded ground and ivory husk around. His eyes surged with excitment, bending his flexible body into a spectacular display to avoid their enemies well timed attack. His movements were impossible to replicate, given traditional physiology that was;but, the gorrems werent entirely parasitic. They endowed their host as if it were their own body,they were after all sapeint at their heart.

He flipped across the sands, avoiding the claws and chains with his heightened sensitivity and increased flexibility;but, found it difficult to close the gap on his target while being zoned. With his right hand, his weaved a sequence of Ava. Forming the mudra for space and motion in rapid succession.

Inariel H
Drifter

Post by Inariel H »

Tryin their best to capture him the tendrils whipped through the expanse at amazing speeds but to no avail. The ways this creature moved were seemed to be sporadic but Allen could see the acute precision in which the creature swayed. It was invigorating, this was going to be harder than expected. After the last tendril tried to restrain him they would all converge behind the being. Allen eyes would flick wide causing the blood to begin mixing and melding with each other creating a thick orb of blood. Moment later the orb would fling itself towards the evasive creature. When it got close enough it would explode releasing hundreds of needle like senbon with the aim of turning the creature into a pin cushion from behind.
The leaves on several of the branches became pointed and sharp Aiming over for Both Orca and the other cloud. Several of the branches shot forth a barrage of razor like leaves into the cloud aiming to erase as many as possible. He did not fire at Orca just yet, He wanted to see if the Tendrils would be enough to at least stall it, if not apprehend him all together. If he was to somehow evade he would be met with a raining of sharp leaves aiming to eviscerate him.

As promised the branches of the tree began to rain down razor sharp leaves upon the creature. Allen was curious to see how it would fair not against this pincer attack.
The aphid were like specs of glitter hidden amid the mist they secreted with their beating wings. The blood was heavy and acidic, but not too different than their own degenerative saliva. Feer, dissolved their prey with a highly corrosive juice they produce in their glands. This allowed them to devour their weight in blood before dying in the sticky coagulation. The observers dispersed into individuals and scattered around the tree, making it easier to avoid a counter attack and use their micro sized bodies to their advantage.
"How curious"

He said as the insects at the base of the tree were able to still eat of it before meeting their demise. This could prove problematic before long. With the amazing quantities of naten he could see within his opponent. He could scarcely imagine what could happen if he released a greater mass of insects.

"This is gonna get ugly it seems"

The creature however had not made an attack on him after they evaded the leaves. They were gauging. Could they be reporting back to their host?

"He's learning me..."

Until the creatures came for him eh would let them continue to watch. He didn't not want to spend unnecessary time trying it cull them. At this point the tree was plush with his naten. It began to spread over the tree covering it in its bloody aura. From the trunk of the tree wood and blood would began to bleed over. The pool of muck would bubble and coagulate as it coalesced forming into a replica of Allen. It's eyes seeming to cry blood. The clone would position itself on all four as two of the trees roots would borough from underneath the ground impaling themselves into the back of the clone. Its body would begin slowly growing in size. It stayed in guard of the tree.

Return to “Giants Graveyard”