The Tarnished Crown

Fate I
Drifter

Re: The Tarnished Crown

Post by Fate I »

Inariel H wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:51 am
"I am glad you have found humor where there was none..."
The golden fur of the Crown rose in anticipation, he could sense the unease in his guest, but even more so his unmitigated aggression. It was a stark contrast to the way of his people, but they remained silent.
Inariel H wrote:

"It was as if the very winds were given life, a twisted with eyes that pierced like...well ours. With wings that spanned into eternity. It said only one word before leading me here..."

Snaaaarrrrrlll
Inariel Snarl alerted the guards who were waiting just outside the door, their ears pressed against the wooden frame, ready to risk their lives to save the crown

"Get down, Aurelius!"

The guard said as he burst through the door, his fangs ready to seep into the flesh of anyone who raised their sword against his king. Aurelius head whipped around, meeting the young guard with a stern and wrathful expression, one that scared the guard into tip toeing out of the room, gently shutting the door behind him, apologizing for his intrusion.

Aurelius:Pay no mind to my allies, they aren't use to seeing humans here, infact many of them have never seen a human directly. Their....is a fear of human kind, which...is shared among most elves. I liked to believe you can understand that, but...the snoring of resting kin, seems to agitate you more than I would have expected.
Inariel H wrote:

"Home..."

His eyes drifted gingerly from the snarling conspire to Aurelius...a moment of softness at mentioning the word...and then they returned to their hardened, piercing glare.

"Like ours? Home...you can't mean?"

-As Aurelius continue in conversation with the man before him, they couldn't shake the uncanny feeling that there was something deeper connecting them. As the dialogue unfolded, they gradually uncovered the truth: the person he was speaking to was a lost descendant of his people, a revelation that stirred a profound mix of emotions within him. Amidst the hum of the room, a palpable sense of awe and reverence settled, as the weight of this newfound connection permeated the air.

In that moment, the crown's demeanor softened, his usual aura of authority giving way to a quiet contemplation. Feelings of humility and responsibility washed over him, intertwining with a deep-seated sense of pride in his heritage. Across the room, eyes met, conveying a silent understanding of the significance of this encounter.-

"You're myotis? Is this appearance some manner of sorcery, perhaps a glamour?"

Inariel H
Drifter

Re: The Tarnished Crown

Post by Inariel H »

"Get down, Aurelius!"

The guard said as he burst through the door, his fangs ready to seep into the flesh of anyone who raised their sword against his king. Aurelius head whipped around, meeting the young guard with a stern and wrathful expression, one that scared the guard into tip toeing out of the room, gently shutting the door behind him, apologizing for his intrusion.

Aurelius: Pay no mind to my allies, they aren't use to seeing humans here, infact many of them have never seen a human directly. Their....is a fear of human kind, which...is shared among most elves. I liked to believe you can understand that, but...the snoring of resting kin, seems to agitate you more than I would have expected.
He assumed they got so defensive because of his sudden use of naten. Though anxious himself his earlier words were harmless enough. Inari had a habit of poking sleeping bears finding glimmers amusement in testing the nerves of others. He was glad that the current crown was above such petty whims. Though it seemed those who followed him could learn to lighten up, and interesting though coming from Inari. He supposed he was becoming a bit more...worldly in that way.
"Like ours? Home...you can't mean?"

-As Aurelius continue in conversation with the man before him, they couldn't shake the uncanny feeling that there was something deeper connecting them. As the dialogue unfolded, they gradually uncovered the truth: the person he was speaking to was a lost descendant of his people, a revelation that stirred a profound mix of emotions within him. Amidst the hum of the room, a palpable sense of awe and reverence settled, as the weight of this newfound connection permeated the air.
It seemed the gravity of his arrival was beginning to take root. For both them and himself. It must have been eons since they have laid eyes on a another of their kind not a resident of these caves. In his visions of the past hew saw the splendor of what the Myotis used to be. It was more than sufficed to say, the civilization a shell of it's former self. in which ways though he was still observing. It was a difficult analysis to be sure. He was uncertain as to which of them were the true anomaly Inariel with his more primal nature, or Aurelius' and his, more composed approach.
In that moment, the crown's demeanor softened, his usual aura of authority giving way to a quiet contemplation. Feelings of humility and responsibility washed over him, intertwining with a deep-seated sense of pride in his heritage. Across the room, eyes met, conveying a silent understanding of the significance of this encounter.-

"You're myotis? Is this appearance some manner of sorcery, perhaps a glamour?"

He rose slowly feeling their stares at every move he made

"It is the form I have held since birth, those of the Crown contest were just as surprised as you are."

He moved his hand leisurely through his long flowing red hair

"Inariel Myotis-Hellgate; And as of today, next in line to stand as the next Crown of the Myotis family"

His tone carried something akin to pride but not quite so, even spoken out loud it carried an inkling that he still did not fully grasp the weight of that title. Nor the blood that flowed through him.

Return to “Giants Graveyard”