Chapter 5: Arrivial Under The Red Eclipse.

A tall tower connected to the hospital that supplies tbe entire city with electricity. At the top of the tower is a glass dome which functions as a command room in times of crisis.
Azazel
Drifter

Chapter 5: Arrivial Under The Red Eclipse.

Post by Azazel »

-He rushed through the tight corridors of the tower that was connected to the rear of the hospital. The tower functioned as the cities energy source, drawing in the solar energy of the two suns. At the top of the tower sat Astral cities most advanced defense systems-ARCHER. He knew almost nothing about the weapon, his parents wouldn't tell him;but, they always said to meet them here if somethings wrong.-

"Im sure there in the skybox at the top of this tower;buy, im regretting my choice to take the stairs, i dont know where that paranoia about power outages came from when i got to the elevator."

He said to the many reflections of himself that now stared back at him from the white-glossed, reflective walls of the stairwell.

"...I could be jumping to conclusions about all of this, but i would have know if there was supposed to be an eclipse tonight. Come to think of it. Everyone in the city seemed pretty undisturbed by all of this. Even the hospital staffed looked more concered with me...than with the red sun looming over the mountains."

He thought to hinself as he cleard flivhts of stairs with his cat like ability, climbing the stairs with well placed jumps from his feet and hands. He arrived at the top floor, sweating and gasping. He caught his breath and composure before opening the stairwell door and walking into the hallway leading to the skybox. He could hear the sounds of fingers clicking away on the crystaline keyboards- the sound was unmistakable given the melodic hum it gave off.

"Someones already here...thats a good sign, i think."

-He said as he stepped past sensory deprivation room and pushed on the door of the skybox. The door, the same white gloss as the walls, near indistinguishable from the walls, scanned his palm and retinas before revealing a simple wooden door. He twisted the handle of the door knob and was transported into the sky box.-

Azazel
Drifter

Re: Chapter 3: Arrivial Under The Red Eclipse.

Post by Azazel »

He entered the Sky Box safely and was greeted by a crew of nocturnal servants, a summoning skill often used by his mother, Kurai. They were focused on the screens in front of them, typing away and relaying information to one another in a strange language. He never knew what they were saying when they were talking to each other.

"Is that dad?"

He said mostly to himself. The servants only spoke to Kurai unless you knew the spell to speak with them. She had tried to teach him the spell, but he always refused. Their facesless expression always made him feel uneasy.

"It is....hes in the Alps of Chaos, fighting something? What's going on..."

He asked aloud, mostly to himself...or so he thought. His question was quickly met with an answer, a mechanical sounding voice filled the room with a feminine presence.

Robotic Voice:Monitoring the mission progress for Ars Haven task force Hearts and Blades-Operation BREECH. Horseman activity reported by Zeik Hellgate, threat level moved to Alpha."

Azazel
Drifter

Re: Chapter 5: Arrivial Under The Red Eclipse.

Post by Azazel »

"What?"

He said nervously. Twisting his head to find the source of the voice. The nocturnal servants still ticking away at the holographic screens projected from the Astrals signiture crystal tech.

"Are they arbitrarily pressing those keys? And whose talking to me?"

He said as he searched for the source of the voice.

[I)"I remember mom talking about this place, vaguely. There should be a....way to turn the speakers on. Maybe i can hear...whats happening."[/i]

He leaned over one of the faceless nocturnal servants, stopping for a moment to get a closer inspection on their dull colored and clay like bodies.

"They dont have any smell? Thats weird."

He said before clicking a few buttons on the screen, searching for the loud speaker button.

"Why would he hide this mission from me? Nagase! He took nagase and not me..."

Fate I
Drifter

Post by Fate I »

He would find more than what he was looking for when he pressed the botton to the loud speaker-bringing Famine's wicked scrill blasting into the skybox. If it werent for the engineering marvel of the Urizen family, the sound wouldve shattered the windows and subjected the city to Famines Aura. However helpful it was to the city that the sound was safely contained in the skybox, it was equally as fucked up for Azazel.

The first words to shatter the choir of nocturnal servants typing away on the computers was famine screaming his name in a foreign language, which he would understand perfectly.

If he didnt notice, no one would blame him,
given the fact he was currently facing the mind destroying Aura of the horseman- alone. But, if he did manage to see reality. He wouldve noticed his fathers companion losing the fight for sovereignty against the horseman-the very fight he now found himself in.

Despite the malagnicact energy of the horsemans voice, the nocturnal servants wouldnt acknowledge the presence of Azazels pain, nor would they be capable of hearing the command spell over famines voice.

Azazel
Drifter

Post by Azazel »

As luck would have it, he found the button to turn on his fathers speaker before he found the self destruct sequence for the village. However, luck had spared the city and damned everyone in the room with nerves to an ear shattering experience.

Once he pressed the button he was bombarded with a foreign language, the likes of which drove his mind to the far reaches of sanity. He felt like he was flung across the room and slammed into the walls and surronded by ignorant observer. One part of that was true, the nocturnal servants continued their now, insipid, typing- completly null to both the physical and mental affects of the sound.

"Who the fuck chooses to sound like that."

He shouted , holding his ears in anguish. He opened his eyes, much to his surprise he wasnt flung across the room but the servants...they felt nothing. He turned off the microphone and gave a more detailed eye to the computer screens.

"Ok...that monster definitely used my name. I dont know if thats news to my parents, but its news to me. And that feeling...that moment of despair was indescribable, but...somehow i feel like its hitting that guy way worse than me."

He said as he stared at a computer screen that was monitoring his father on the mountains. He found a mic near him and a control panel of switches. They were labeled tamist 1-3, amaris 1-3 and the rest were labeled.

"Hmph. I can probably speak to them with these, but...who is who?"

Return to “Archers Tower”