Chapter Four: Journey to Acrix Solara

Ancestral home to all Hellgates near and far.
Tempest
Drifter

Re: Chapter Four: Journey to Acrix Solara

Post by Tempest »

Tempest's eyes went wide at the mention of shrines. She Honestly couldn't help but facepalm over the idea. Granted, it's not that she was against the idea of using her wiles to get her way, as she had often in the past. Although....

"Whole shrines? Seriously???"

She shook her head with a sense of disappointment.

"I might have known my allure had something to do with the reason I'm here."

She casted an accusing look to Nagase whom she knew had enough intuitive sense to plan such a thing.

"Although I can't say I expected there was a shrine involved. I mean... I'm flattered but...I thought something more cliche was in order...like a bit of feminine flaunting at the gates. Not..."

She couldn't even finish her sentence through her giggles. She couldn't help it. Between the idea of some guys slobbing over pictures of her and Nagase's clear enjoyment of her manipulative tactics she was simply tickled.

"Well then..."

She quelled her talk over the matter intentionally as they reached the village gates. She smiled and bowed slightly to each guard. It wasn't required but was a common form of respect and thus was more a habit she had formed and less a necessity. She waited until they were well past them to continue conversation.

"From here it's really a straight path to the library as it's dead center in the city. Once we're there they'll ask us to Identify ourselves. At that point I can just say Allen is my trusted friend and proceed with the blackmailing from there."

She snickered again, thinking about the comedy of the whole plan.

"By the way, Allen did you prefer to use a different name? Since we're sneaking you in I suppose it doesn't really matter if we're truthful about that or not so... Your level of privacy in that regard is up to you."

Alaude Nightwing
Arcanum Iris

Post by Alaude Nightwing »

Alaude would simply fallow behind the group as the continued onward toward the library. The whole time Alaude would mostly remain silent as he smoked his cigarette letting out a few puffs of black smoke every now and again. However, a chuckle would escape his mouth as he listened to Nagase mention the admiration/obsession the library guards had toward Tempest. It was rather refreshing to Alaude for things to be rather light hearted at the moment as while yes they where all here on an important mission there was no harm in having some moments of levity to ease tension. Just as Tempest did as they walked passed the guard Alaude would take the moment to bow to them as a sign of respect before continuing onward, listening as Tempest continued to speak.

"Well if that is all that needs to be done I will leave everything to you then Tempest."

Inariel H
Drifter

Post by Inariel H »

Allen did not comprehend the obsession with the notion of flattery. It hid ones intentions and gave purpose to the useless of sidebars and hidden means and motives. To be bold, to live exposed, this was his way. To hide, sneak and shelter his being went against his standing as one who yearned to be on top. However, he was no mindless beast and even he could see some...merit in these minute means of moving forward. As they conversed about the guards obsession with Tempest Allen himself examined her mentally and couldn't find what was so tantalizing about her...or any woman for that matter. Perhaps it was her aura, that did hold a strikingly potent pull . It made you want to...know more, to see the depth of what hid beneath her mortal shell. He found himself staring at her, becoming more entranced with the thought of savoring that" taste" for himself. In this state be he barely heard Nagase discontent for her stature.
"By the way, Allen did you prefer to use a different name? Since we're sneaking you in I suppose it doesn't really matter if we're truthful about that or not so... Your level of privacy in that regard is up to you."
It was not until she said his name that he averted his gaze. For the small he began to become curious he had to reground himself and return to his almost apathetic nature. Curiosity was deadly for Allen...in actuality ti was deadly for the target of his curiousness. He had to maintain a demeanor stepped in indifference. He...he did not want to arouse anything in him, he still did not understand much about his nature, origins nor power. He turned from the group briefly to take a deep breathe before the reached closer to the guard. Upon turning back he did not look her,Tempest, in the eyes.

"I will assume no guise in name. Let them know of it. If this pleases you."

What would be the point in assuming a false mantle. When they speak of him, be it good or bad, it would be by his rightful moniker. He noticed the way they bowed-to the guard. He saw no reason to do this. So he did not, these small nuances were things that the Wild-born ignored. He hadn't had much interaction with civilizations. Even Bora, an Orc, bowed to only his kin. The most the guards would receive was a slight nod of acknowledgment , even that really held no sense of fellowship. He might need to be trained in this regard.

Nagase
Drifter

Post by Nagase »

-she felt a disturbance in the atmosphere, but didnt wanna let anyone on to it just yet. She knew how important it was for Allen to make it to the library and if she voiced what she sensed now. Allaude would never let them persist.

The party arrived outsids the hellgates central libray and were quickly met by a pair of guardsmen questioning them.

Guardsmen:"Welcome to Acrix Solara, entry for this library is reserved for registered personal only. If you arent registers, i would be happy to guide you to th-"

Nagase:You must be new. Who else would believe such monotone voice was attractive.

She said smugly, peeling back her sleeve to reveal the Vesta family Crest on her shoulder.

"Nagase Hellgate, now move."

She said, brushing past the young guard before he could futher upset her. She rushed into the library, disappearing behind the large stone doors.

Tempest
Drifter

Post by Tempest »

Tempest shrugged and smiled in response to Allen.

"It makes no difference to me."

She got a strange feeling from him. A strained feeling, really. She wondered if he was tense about something but didn't feel urged to pry.

When they reached the library entry, she was taken aback by Nagase's brute criticism of the guard. Her mood had shifted so swiftly...she couldn't help but to be alarmed by her sudden change of tone and pace. Because of this, she figured it was best not to linger at the door and immediately approached the guard, drawing his attention with the beckoning of a finger. Putting up no resistance he began to lean over to bridge the gap between them. Once his ear was close enough she quickly explained the situation.

"You already know who I am and I happen to know about a very temptuos alter you have set up in your private quarters so... It's best you consider me and my friends identification as verified for the day, yes? And we'll be on our way without another word to anyone?"

As Nagase predicted, his reaction was rather intense. His entire face flushing with undertones of red within seconds.
He stood up straight, attempting to right himself and yet he was noticeably stiffer and more alert than before. She couldn't help but feel sad for him for a moment. Between Nagase's temper, his guilty habit being leaked, and having to consider the consequences of letting them through or if he didn't...he was understandably shaken.

"M-my apologies for the delay. Your registrations have already been verified."

He bowed to her, Allen and Alaude in quick succession as to signal that they were cleared and free to enter. Tempest gave a quick bow in response before making her way through the doors and on her way to pursue Nagase to see what had disturbed her mood so unexpectedly.

Alaude Nightwing
Arcanum Iris

Post by Alaude Nightwing »

"..."

As the young Hellgate spoke to the guards and then quickly proceeded into the library, Alaude would raise an eyebrow with a small look of concern on his face. While it was rather subtle Alaude noticed a small change in Nagase's mood compared to just before the reached the doors to the library going from playful/easy going to a little more stern/serious. However, at the moment Alaude would simply brush these thoughts under the table looking the the change in mood simply Nagase getting a little more serious now that they where actually entering the library. Alaude would then simply sit back an listen as Tempest introduced herself and flawlessly secured his and Allen's registrations into the library.

"Keep up the good work gentlemen."

Alaude would say this before giving the guards a respectful bow and then beginning to heading into the library, however not before crushing his cigarette in his hand to put it out assuming smoking would not be permitted inside the library.

Inariel H
Drifter

Post by Inariel H »

For someone who didn't care much for their stature she flung her name at the guards with enough force to knock them to the ground. Her mood swing was, odd. Then again he had witnessed at least three other shifts since meeting her. Though sudden, this one didn't seem all the more stranger than the other time. It truly was of little consequence to Allen really. His sole focus was finding what secrets pertaining to him, and his ties to the Hellgates and the chaos itself, this library held for him. That was his objective and the only reason he even decided to come here, that and to obtain some form of a pardon for the life he stole.

"Heh"

He let the smallest of chuckles escape his lips as he moved passed the guards who were fumbling over the women in this group. Be it through Nagase fiery attitude, or Tempest flagrant manipulation of their interest in her. Both of them had their own, unique ways of navigating security. Alaude strolled through like some form of passer by despite being a person of stature as well. This group he was in, something about the lot of them ticked him off for some reason. He remained silent. Closing his eyes once more following their respective naten flows to navigate the place. He had absolutely no clue what he would encounter as this journey progressed but the closer the came to their destination...the more his anxiety began to build. There was something...foreboding about the naten that existed here. He could not pinpoint the "why" but he was starting to become a bit defensive. His faces did not mirror this, but anybody that could feel the ebb of vibrations,spiritually, would sense this apprehension. Was he nervous? Was he afraid of the truth now that he was so close to obtaining it?

Abari Yatsutoru
Drifter

Post by Abari Yatsutoru »

(-As the small group enters through the library they;ll notice its grand stature filled with nothing but books and scrolls of the like throughout each direction they looked. Upon walking through the main gates a small sound could be heard in distance. If one payed closer attention to the noise it almost sound as if someone was sleeping. But that shouldn't be case right, I mean this one of the most luxurious libraries within Vescrutia. Anyone that can make it past the gates could spend almost an eternity learning the vast amount of knowledge being stored here. But the more the group would head towards the sound it definitely sounds like some was sleeping, having a good one at that.-)

Fate I
Drifter

Post by Fate I »

The group of unlikely companions made thier way safely into the library, leaving tempest plenty of time to encourage the young guardsman healthy ways to deal with his obsession.

Once inside the libray, a massive structure much larger than it appears on the outside, they were greated by another traveler, a familar face to some and a new one to others;but, a friend to all.

The Library, known to everyone in the city as , The Boundary, was made and managed by the Urizen family. They built the library of a unique material, allowing the entire to be fathoms larger than its exterior. Shelves of knowledge acumulated though fair trade or excavated from the depths of vescrutia and even form the ruins of meteors crossing vescrutias orbit.

Volumes of literature floated above, some written in tomes, while other literature was made of crystal artifacts. The travelers wouldnt find any guides, none of them from the living that is.

Nagase
Drifter

Post by Nagase »

She stormed into the boundary, a name given to the building by its architect , and briskly shoved herself past anyone who stood in her way. She only stood 5.2, leaving the small crowd of guest confused as to whom had pushed them as the tuny hellgate bulldozed her way through the crowd. She couldve dispelled the confusion within the crowd with as little as a thought, but that would surely alert the Urizen defense system. She'd learned the hard way one to many times the precision of their technology, despite the fledgling nature of the guards they employ.

She made her way through the crowd, for a moment her eyes caught a familar glint, an old friend from what seemed like a distant dream.

''A living relic of the shinobi alliance?''

She whispered under her breath as she quickly looked away, tossing her head into her shoulder.

''If he's here, then im sure we're in for a fight. Those relics only seek conquest and bounty.''

She said into the glass window pane she was now leaning on, tak ing a moment to herself.

Return to “Acrix Solara”