Chapter Four: Journey to Acrix Solara

Ancestral home to all Hellgates near and far.
Inariel H
Drifter

Re: Chapter Four: Journey to Acrix Solara

Post by Inariel H »

He continued forth. His eyes widened as he marveled at the collection of knowledge and eons of wisdom. He could see it, the vigorous amalgamation of naten that was attached to each of these tomes by the myriad of visitors that have had the good fortune to enter this place. It was a wellspring of experiences and collective seeking of the unknown. The though that he could to partake in this was a bit invigorating,if anyone was looking closely they'd actually see him smirking. People were scurrying about. like field ant on a honey comb they went about their respective and in some cases unified paths to knowledge and comprehensions. Continuing on he witnessed Nagase pushing through the crowd. What had crawled up her ass and lived? He wasn't to interested before but ass they got closer to their goal he could not avoid the possibility that her sudden brashness might cause further complications down the road. He would inquire of this now. As he pressed on his large pointed ear would twitch. They caught wind a sound that one would not expect in such a bustling environment

"Snoring? Really?"

He whispered more so to himself than anyone else. He turned to face the sleeping entity.But seeing as how they held no stake in either of his end goals he quickly dismissed their presence and continued upon his confrontation of Nagase. He approached her,albeit a bit cautiously. He allowed a few moment to pass before he reached her. She seemed to be in process. Something was eating at her, her naten was agitated. Though you really didn't need spirit sight to see that. He walked up from the right of her. He did not look at her though but in the same general direction her gaze was facing. Thorough his perrifiel he could see a series if not some what worried sentiment in that gaze. Puzzled she was, deciphering?Trying to piece together something it seemed.

"Nagase, you are troubled...restless. Something has occurred?"

He asked in a curious yet stern tone that he casually spoke with. He gave her some space. Unsure what her reaction would be. He needed her present. He didn't even know what to look for in this place.

Alaude Nightwing
Arcanum Iris

Post by Alaude Nightwing »

Alaude would trail behind the group as they entered the The Boundary taking his time to analyze their surroundings as it was quite the site to behold. Countless books, scrolls, crystals, tomes, and many other types of information storing items littered the shelves as far as the eye could see, and the number of subject covered in The Boundary where more then a single scholar could learn in multiple life times. Alaude could not help but wonder the amount of work put into obtaining and storing such a vast amounts of knowledge in a single location.

The sound of snoring would quickly snap Alaude back to reality and he would glance over to a familiar figure from days long past. However, before he could even consider approaching and conversing with the man something else caught his attention which was Nagase quickly pushing her was through the crowds of people. While luckily it seemed many where to slow to fully notice Nagase as she quickly pushed passed one person after the next Alaude would sure some took notice but are simply choosing not to act the the moment. Alaude has originally sense a slight feeling of restlessness from the young Hellgate but simply brushed it aside as minor nerves, but now it was clear that there was something actually bothering Nagase. As the young Hellgate took a moment to herself leaning against a window pane, Alaude would simply casually lean against a wall near her as Allen directly asked her if something was bothering her.

"...."

Despite his concerns about Nagase for the moment Alaude would simply remain silent and see if Nagase had anything she wanted to say to either himself or Allen. Alaude was very much aware about the more personal implications of this mission for all those present minus himself so it was no surprise that things where slowly becoming more tense as they continued to move forward. But at the same time Nagase seemed to be letting this tenseness begin to get to her cause some frustration to leak out. However, it was currently not Alaude's place to do or say anything on the matter as this was something he believed Nagase need to figure out on her own. Tho, if she is willing to speak up about it Alaude would be more then willing to offer any aid she might want, but that was for Nagase to decide herself.

Tempest
Drifter

Post by Tempest »

~Though it was her intention to ask, Tempest found herself stalled at the sight of Nagase leaning against the window, her face strained. The closer she got to Nagase the more tense she felt. A feeling stirred in her chest, a tumultuous rumbling sensation. It was the feeling of approaching conflict. Approaching from where was the question...Had someone theatened Nagase or the group? Was she having a premonition? She wanted to ask but Allen has already approached her with questions. Considering there seemed to be no immediate threat physical threat, It seemed that for the time being observation was the best option.

She listened in for Nagase's answer in case she decided to respond to Allen's prodding and simultaneously began taking note of the surroundings, just in case~

Nagase
Drifter

Post by Nagase »

Allen Momoto wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:06 am
"Nagase, you are troubled...restless. Something has occurred?"

He asked in a curious yet stern tone that he casually spoke with. He gave her some space. Unsure what her reaction would be. He needed her present. He didn't even know what to look for in this place.
She let the chrous of gleeful fanfare that carried on outside the window act as her distraction-as she callously delayed answeringa Allen's probing words. Much like her father, she hid her feelings with misdirection and bravado. Eagerly running from one quest to the next, avoiding one difficult situation with another. She wanted nothing more than to act like what she felt a moment ago was just a passing moment- just an insignificant blip in the radar;but, that was never the case.

"Me? Nooo, im just surprised to see a relic of the Shinobi alliance lounging in The Boundary, hearing that...sorta triggered me- i guess. Dont worry about me, Allen. You came here for something, important to your namesake?" She said softly, hiding her own feelings under a well designed reassuring smile. She glanced over to Tempest and lastly to Allaude before returning her attention to the festival still raging outside.

Alaude Nightwing wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:03 pm
"...."

Despite his concerns about Nagase for the moment Alaude would simply remain silent and see if Nagase had anything she wanted to say to either himself or Allen. Alaude was very much aware about the more personal implications of this mission for all those present minus himself so it was no surprise that things where slowly becoming more tense as they continued to move forward. But at the same time Nagase seemed to be letting this tenseness begin to get to her cause some frustration to leak out. However, it was currently not Alaude's place to do or say anything on the matter as this was something he believed Nagase need to figure out on her own. Tho, if she is willing to speak up about it Alaude would be more then willing to offer any aid she might want, but that was for Nagase to decide herself.

It was less of a skill and more a sense to her, perceiving peoples thoughts that is, but it was a skill to respond to that sense. She wanted to tell alaude and Tempest what she felt, but...she was mindful not to test the The Boundaries defenses.

"Oh. Do be mindful not to use naten in this building, their....really anal about their rules here. This buildings owners more so than any others."

She said with a smidge of frustration.

"Trust. Me."

She said coldly as she stepped away from the window, determined to leave her sulking mood behind and made her way towards the source of the snooring. She figured...if she was going to hide the truth from her party so that they could enjoy their time, than she may aswell enjoy her time aswell.

"Youll find an extensive collection of lunar phenomenon up those stairs allen." She said softly as she passed by the hulking poetic Orc. "I wouldnt waste anytime."

Inariel H
Drifter

Post by Inariel H »

"Me? Nooo, I'm just surprised to see a relic of the Shinobi alliance lounging in The Boundary, hearing that...sorta triggered me- I guess.
He literally had no idea what she was talking about. He even pondered why he asked her to begin with knowing she rarely gave him a straight answer. The Shinobi...alliance? Relics? He was befuddled by the strange tings of nostalgia the term shinobi echoed within him. His gaze did not waver from her though. Tempest had finally caught up with them after parlaying with the guard and Alaude now rested to the side of them. Could she not feel this? The fact that she was not alone?
Don't worry about me, Allen. You came here for something, important to your namesake?" She said softly, hiding her own feelings under a well designed reassuring smile. She glanced over to Tempest and lastly to Alaude before returning her attention to the festival still raging outside.
The smile almost sent a pang through him. It was an obvious mask. Chipped and already worn before it was even donned. How many times had she done this? Hid her feelings underneath bravado. Why was he analyzing this so intensely? Perhaps, it was because he knew himself to be the same way. But was that truly him? Or was that the remnants of the orc Bora?

"Indeed..."

He said taking a slight glance out the window before she turned to walk past him. His eyes left her as she walked past. She was right, his sole purpose for being here was to gain knowledge of the crimson moon that led to all this chaos. He would not allow these social interactions to detour him any longer. He looked to Alaude and shrugged with a slight wave of his hand before examining where the stairs leading to the next floor might be. He passed Tempest but said nothing to her. He had his own anxieties to deal with presently. He wondered what he would find, he had some knowledge of how to access libraries through his Orkin memories but this place; The Boundary was unlike anything he had ever seen. He walked over to the steps, after the long hot journey here she was right, no more time could be wasted. He needed to know. His curiosity had to be sated. Who...what was he?

A Namesake

Reflected on the image of Bora being sworn as a guard by his father. The blazing crest of the Sun Orc blade upon his shoulder. The pride he took wearing such a mantle. Did he also feel this anxiousness? Could he too hold such pride in his name? His blood? What if the burden was greater than he?

Absurd

He though as he made his way to the top of the stairs.

I will stand atop the summit. No task nor burden will be beyond my grasp.

He said trying to appease his nervousness and reaffirmed his directive. This was all apart of the chain. His slow ascent. He awakening. What would he find between these pages, how would he find them. He looked to see if there was someone that could give him more instructions than just going upstairs. Though from Nagase tone, they didn't seem like the most welcoming of sorts.

Alaude Nightwing
Arcanum Iris

Nagase wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:07 am
"Trust. Me."
This simple but powerful statement from the young Hellgate was all Alaude needed to hear to put his current concerns to the back of his mind. Alaude would even slightly chuckle upon hearing this statement as it would serve as a small reminder that Nagase was not just a child anymore. As such Alaude would respect her request and continue to fallow and support her just as much as he would support her father. Alaude would then simply wave back to Allen as the young man headed toward the higher floors to obtain the information that was the main reason he was on this mission in the first place. While curious about what specific information that Allen came here for Alaude knew it was better to respect the young mans privacy. Alaude would then watch as Nagase moved from the window and would begin heading in the direction of the snoring man. Alaude would then look over toward Tempest slightly smirking, before pushing himself off the wall and begin to walk in a random direction.

"Tempest do me a favor and keep and eye on her for a bit I'm going to do a little exploring of my own for a bit to get a better understanding of the interior of this place."

With that said Alaude would quickly disappear among the crowds of people moving around The Boundary before Tempest could even offer a response to his request. While it was a true Alaude had accepted Nagase's words he was still a little concerned which is why he was going to remove himself from the equation for a moment a see if at least Nagese would open up a little more around Tempest. Besides at the same time Alaude did honestly want to get a better understanding of the ins and outs of The Boundary with the statement about the restrictions of naten usage and the strictness from the rulers peeked his interests.

Abari Yatsutoru
Drifter

Post by Abari Yatsutoru »

Nagase wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:33 pm
She stormed into the boundary, a name given to the building by its architect , and briskly shoved herself past anyone who stood in her way. She only stood 5.2, leaving the small crowd of guest confused as to whom had pushed them as the tuny hellgate bulldozed her way through the crowd. She couldve dispelled the confusion within the crowd with as little as a thought, but that would surely alert the Urizen defense system. She'd learned the hard way one to many times the precision of their technology, despite the fledgling nature of the guards they employ.

She made her way through the crowd, for a moment her eyes caught a familar glint, an old friend from what seemed like a distant dream.
(-His ear twitched from the disturbance of the ground from the young hellgate maneuvering through the crowd of people within the library. The vibrations that came from her body with each step she took gave the perception of someone who was on a mission that must be completed at all cost as well as someone who has a heavy burden to carry. Quickly after she made her way through the crowd he felt the energy of someone else he knew along with two others he didn't know. With Alaude here his suspicion of it being some type of mission made more since and he figured the other two were in the squad with them. -)

Nagase wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:33 pm
''A living relic of the shinobi alliance?''
...Relic?!?

(-He pondered on that briefly wondering exactly who she was referring to, theirs no way she could be talking about him right? Nah it had to be something else she saw right? By then the rest of the group surrounded her each in their own giving out concerns for the hellgate, it seemes they picked up on her feelings as well...-)

Nagase wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:07 am
"Me? Nooo, im just surprised to see a relic of the Shinobi alliance lounging in The Boundary, hearing that...sorta triggered me- i guess. Dont worry about me, Allen. You came here for something, important to your namesake?" She said softly, hiding her own feelings under a well designed reassuring smile. She glanced over to Tempest and lastly to Allaude before returning her attention to the festival still raging outside.
...who she's calling a relic I'm only 28 dammit!!!

(- If one paid attention to Abari they would notice a blood vein form on his forehead- as it pulsated slightly before disappearing entirely. How old do they think I am anyway they think I'm ancient if they consider me a relic of all things. By then it would seem that both ALaude and the other guy would both go there spereate ways as Nagase and the other woman headed toward his direction.

At the table were he was sleeping they would notice various books and tomes of many sorts scattered throughout the table. All though they were so many sets of literature laid before the two of them if they noticed they all focused on one particular subject which were all about Angels. By then they would be in front of Abari as a loud yawn escaped his mouth before a few cracking sounds could be heard. -)

"So...who is this 'relic' you were speaking about a minute ago?"

Nagase
Drifter

Post by Nagase »

She could hear the frantic yellings as she neared the once snoring man. Though she wouldn't show it, it was refreshing to hear somone be so angry, she couldnt remember his name;but, knew his face well-It was one of her father's friend, of that she was certain.

It was strange to see him here of all places, the Chaos hadnt seen him in a few years. She couldn't help but get sentimental;before Astral City became a refugee city...things were so different. her father was part of a shinobi council that fought for a manageable treaty amongst the the warring nations. Shinobi would travel far and wide for honest work with the chaos. Giving them an opportunity to be something else...besides glorified killers.

"You are a relic. Most of the shinobi from 'the old world,' as my father would put it, just...vanished. even their leaders seemed to burst into thin air. The only villages still remaining from the VSA is Astral City...formerly known as the Village hidden in the chaos and The nightmare...still known as the village hidden in the nightmare?"

She said with a upwards inflection towards the end.

"I do-...i never go to the nightmare and its not important to my point, youre a living relic. Howd you end up in Solara?"

Tempest
Drifter

Post by Tempest »

"Tempest do me a favor and keep and eye on her for a bit I'm going to do a little exploring of my own for a bit to get a better understanding of the interior of this place."

With that said Alaude would quickly disappear among the crowds of people moving around The Boundary before Tempest could even offer a response to his request"
~She couldn't help feeling a little urked by being asked to do something without being given time to respond. She considered it rude not to wait for an answer and assume consent for a request. However, objectively speaking... Now wasn't the time to obsess over a simple issue. After all, the jittery feeling hadn't come to subside and because
of that she had already decided to stay close to Nagase for a while anyway to see if she could get a better idea of why. Though she didn't expect that asking outright would get her any further at the moment, she would have to wait for the right opportunity.

She was mostly silent as Nagase began talking to an old friend of hers. She smiled and nodded in a quick acknowledgement to the man who seemed slightly familiar but not enough to spark the desire for conversation.

Although, the mention of old ways in the village reminded her of a friend she hadn't seen in a while: Azazel. For a moment she couldn't help but smile a bit, thinking of a very spirited foosball battle they fought together against some dark and suspicious fellow who's name eluded her. For a moment she wondered how Azazel was doing and then quickly reminded herself of her current situation, bringing her attention back to the library. For all she knew this light hearted conversation could be a rouse and this "old friend" could actually be an enemy. Though there wasn't currently anything suspicious about his aura, one could never be too sure within the vast possibilities of the chaos life embodies.~

Alaude Nightwing
Arcanum Iris

"I need to make sure I pay Tempest back later on."

Alaude would think this to himself as he would begin to walk around The Boundary completely blending in with he other groups of people transversing this massive library. As he walked around Alaude would take the time to stop every now and again in different sections and then grab a book or two picking up a rather large collection of books in his arms. Eventually after doing this for a few minutes Alaude would take a seat at a currently free table with all his books and would begin to read the collection he had gathered. Although while reading Alaude would quickly begin to gather his thoughts on The Boundary and the Acrix Solara as a whole from his short time here.

"Even without using naten I can clearly feel the heavy amount of security in this place alone, and despite how flustered they acted around Tempest I was clear as day that those two guards where not something to laugh in a fight. But despite all that The Revengers still plan to attack this area, what on earth are we actually about to deal with."

Alaude would continue to collect his thoughts on their current situation as he would continue to read different forms of texts and scrolls that he collected. All of these books and scrolls where on a multitude of different subject from history, architecture, landscape, geology, demonology and much more. Why however Alaude was reading all these different types of matiural where currently unknown.

Return to “Acrix Solara”